• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Oh man, the class trip in September.

The whole thing was hilarious. The love hotel bit was great, I just wish we could have seen the inside of it.

And Rise and Yukiko getting 'drunk' was excellent. So much hilarity there. Probably one of the funniest segments of the game.:lol

johnsmith

remember me
Rise and Teddie both had the potential to be annoying as hell. I didn't think they so, but I could easily see how someone might think they were.

Tamanon

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Just made it to Void Quest, awesome dungeon.
Teddie's battle growls kick ass also.
And Rise >>>>>> Fuuka as battle support.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!! [follow-up attack]

KibblesBits said:
I want the next support character for P5 to be male.

I'm cool with that as long as they don't make him some kind of frail nerd to justify both his inability to actually fight and skill for gathering information. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Holy Order Sol said:
I'm cool with that as long as they don't make him some kind of frail nerd to justify both his inability to actually fight and skill for gathering information. :lol

Tower S. Link to be next support character!

KibblesBits said:

I also want the overall theme and color to be red or green since we've already had blue and yellow. It's totally a throwback to the old contact system and I hope they keep it up.

man i just hope we don't haveta wait 5 years for the next persona game like we did for p3 to come out on ps2!

Tenks

Since I got Tam Lin trash battles seem so much easier. Maybe its just the fact that the town dungeon is easy, I'm not really sure. Its basically Naoto uses Deathbound, Tam Lin uses Deathbound and if anything is still living Chie will use Heat Wave and everything is dead. I'm leaning towards this dungeon just being easy.

Fast question: the option dungeon. To do this dungeon I need to achieve the true ending, correct?

edit:
Easier because of both the passive autos to boost my Atk/Def

Varna

KibblesBits said:

I also want the overall theme and color to be red or green since we've already had blue and yellow. It's totally a throwback to the old contact system and I hope they keep it up.

Maybe the can stick to the lives of adults this time around like in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. I'm find with the current structure as long as they improve on it (I want to see REAL branching paths next game), but I am kind of tired of this high school life scenario.

Yaweee said:
I want the next support character to be a toaster that doesn't say shit.

I picture someone older and reserved like Steven from SMT1&2 or just some regular guy. There's plenty of male gods and demons that could serve that purpose.

Thoth would be good...

Yaweee

Varna said:
Maybe the can stick to the lives of adults this time around like in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. I'm find with the current structure as long as they improve on it (I want to see REAL branching paths next game), but I am kind of tired of this high school life scenario.

KibblesBits said:
I picture someone older and reserved like Steven from SMT1&2 or just some regular guy. There's plenty of male gods and demons that could serve that purpose.

Thoth would be good...

I don't think anybody has any idea what the next Persona is going to be like. None of the SMT subseries have kept the same basic structure or gameplay design for more than two games, nor has a third game followed within five years or so. It's kind of Atlus' MO to do a single'cash-in' sequel that reuses assets or basic gameplay structure before moving onto a completely new project.

(If they continue with the calendar S. Link system, I do hope they do an older cast and give them game less schizophrenic pacing)

Red Scarlet

Ahaha, intro to the
3rd
dungeon.

It begins, although I already have a Rise animation from the intro as my L4D spray already.
rise01.png

I am also enjoying going through dungeons/fighting more with Snow Queen from FES and Your Affection and stuff playing instead of the in-game battle/dungeon music. And yeah, Kanji's initial weapon is cooler than the one from his dungeon, imo.

Red Scarlet said:
Ahaha, intro to the
3rd
dungeon.

It begins, although I already have a Rise animation from the intro as my L4D spray already.
rise01.png

I am also enjoying going through dungeons/fighting more with Snow Queen from FES and Your Affection and stuff playing instead of the in-game battle/dungeon music. And yeah, Kanji's initial weapon is cooler than the one from his dungeon, imo.
The first couple dungeon themes are fairly generic, but they become awesome later on, I've found.

Red Scarlet

johnsmith said:
I dont think you need to spoiler that the game has more than 2 dungeons.

Not everyone wants to know what dungeon # is this or that person's dungeon, though. Besides, it's never a bad thing to do, as I've already had the main villain spoiled, and stuff about various party members. Some, out in the open. So don't tell me what and what not to use spoiler tags on, thanks.

Volcynika

Yeah, people already openly talking about
Naoto being a girl (it may be obvious, but not to all, and it IS a major character plot point)
without tagging it is just unfair to the people that haven't gotten there, considering the game hasn't even been out for a full month.

For clarification, I sympathize with people getting annoyed by spoiling, I mean that this long game hasn't been out long enough for these spoilers to be thrown out in the open.

Tamanon

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Hospital S-Link is pretty awesome. All the women in the game are head over heels for the MC.

People thought P3's MC had a magnetic peersonality, he was nothing compared to P4's:lol

Maxed out Nanako's S.Link, my first max out.
That was so freaking sweet. Nanako is the child character of forever. Her Social Link was so beautiful.

johnsmith said:
My friend had this game spoiled by a hentai doujinshi.

:lol

It's okay, you don't have to use the whole 'my friend' thing.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, in December, one thing still bugs me.

How empty the house feels without Dojima and Nanako there. Entering and not getting Nanako's "Welcome home":/

And yes, Nanako Uber Alles.

:lol :lol at being called Sperma 4

johnsmith said:
It really wasn't me. I've already learned that lesson in the past.

Anyway, NSFW NSFW http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4748/sperma401oc4.jpg NSFW NSFW

Stay away from that until after you beat the game.
Now you've gone and given me the name...I guess we'll see if my insatiable curiosity will win the day.

@Tamanon
Yeah, and with that sad music always playing when you're at home...made me feel so lonely. The "you checked the fridge" text didn't help either.
=(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have a question about the Magic Boost. If you deal double magic next turn, what's the point in using it? Wouldn't you just gain the same effect if you just casted magic twice in successive turns?

johnsmith

remember me
There are 2 reasons it's good. It only costs 15 sp, so you can save SP if the spell you're charging up for costs more than that, and the better reason is that it's actually more than 2x damage. it's actually 2.5x damage.

Tamanon

Banned
Adam Prime said:
I have a question about the Magic Boost. If you deal double magic next turn, what's the point in using it? Wouldn't you just gain the same effect if you just casted magic twice in successive turns?

Mind Charge and Power Charge actually do 2.5x the damage.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Alright, that makes sense. On the information description it simply says "deals double damage". False advertisement!

Also another party question (late July) Is
Teddie
worth keeping in the party and leveling up? Right now he is my best bet because he has Mediarama and nobody else has it. But is he a good character to invest time in leveling up - as in will he be a factor towards the end game?

johnsmith

remember me
All the characters are good and they can all be used to beat the game. Just use who you like. But he's more of a magic based ice character while Chie is more of a physical based ice character.

Tamanon

Banned
Adam Prime said:
Alright, that makes sense. On the information description it simply says "deals double damage". False advertisement!

Also another party question (late July) Is
Teddie
worth keeping in the party and leveling up? Right now he is my best bet because he has Mediarama and nobody else has it. But is he a good character to invest time in leveling up - as in will he be a factor towards the end game?

He's good. Does good damage, healing and buffing. Not as good a healer as Yukiko, but still a great character. His lightning weakness never goes away though, like Yukiko's Ice weakness.

- Persona 4
- Fallout 3
- Mother 3
- Diablo 2
- Psychonauts
- Beyond Good & Evil
- Wipeout HD
- Puzzle Quest
- Persona 3 FES

I've invested enough time into all of these games but still haven't beat them. Of course these are all my "currently playing" games, so Persona 4 for some reason is on the back burner.

I just finished the 2nd Exam and am on my spring break. For some reason cant seem to start it back up. What should I do?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone have a chart that shows character's stats at certain levels? I'd like to know who has the better stats in the long run... Thanks in advance.

Alright, what's a good method to destroy that
bitch Mitsuo, I was doing great until he went back into 8-bit form, cast exhaustion on the MC and then scored 500 points of damage with a dyne spell. What a dick.

zoku88

Red Blaster said:
Alright, what's a good method to destroy that
bitch Mitsuo, I was doing great until he went back into 8-bit form, cast exhaustion on the MC and then scored 500 points of damage with a dyne spell. What a dick.
Bring teddy along so he can cure exhaustion
johnsmith said:
My friend had this game spoiled by a hentai doujinshi.
That's similar to how I found out :lol :lol

Why does that guy have boobs... oh wait...

zoku88 said:
Why does that guy have boobs... oh wait...

My time with hentai has taught me that that means nothing :lol

I'm currently slogging my way through my 2nd playthrough, now on Expert. To ease the transition to P3:FES, I've been playing with AI enabled and I have to ask: is there a way to make them guard? And that feature isn't even in FES right?

Regardless, the increase in difficulty is really refreshing. Most of normal mode was too easy.

KO Traveling Hobo said:
My time with hentai has taught me that that means nothing :lol

I'm currently slogging my way through my 2nd playthrough, now on Expert. To ease the transition to P3:FES, I've been playing with AI enabled and I have to ask: is there a way to make them guard? And that feature isn't even in FES right?

Regardless, the increase in difficulty is really refreshing. Most of normal mode was too easy.

dude you are hardcore, i salute you. you have actually made the game harder than FES because there were more AI commands in that, the most useful of which was ordering them to attack a certain target. and if i remember correctly there is no blocking in P3.

If you want the ultimate challenge, unlock the secret dungeon in P3, i think you will enjoy it

Top Bottom