• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

kadotsu

Banned
For me two months is a small price to pay for dual audio. I just want to say thank you to every employee that went out of their way to include it. Your effords are appreciated.

AllGamer

Great. Still playing Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and now I have more time to finish it :)

Also, February was and still is pretty packed.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dual audio should be standard for major JRPGs. Glad to see SE and now Altus on board. I'm not going to celebrate it. It's expected for my money.

The delay makes it, what, 7-8 months out from the JP release? That's pretty poor but this will be the first of many 2017 delays anyway.

Lunar15

I'm actually not even upset, it's just really funny now.

I do appreciate them taking the effort to put in dual audio for those that want it. I get why it's important, and since the option's there, I might even take it.

That said, hoo boy atlus. You've got to coordinate between your overseas offices better.

Anoxida

I'll happily take a delay if it means I can get the most authentic experience possible.

Wait, did they cite that's the reason for the delay? If not then what you're saying makes no sense. They're using dual audio to soften the blow. We were going to get it either way.

alemmon

I am going to be honest.... with Q1 looking like it is and still needing to play FFXV and World of Final Fantasy... I am fine with the delay.....
I am really not

Waaiiiit This is a week after kh 1.5+2.5 release.... Atlus why you doing this to me!!

Edit:if dual audio was in day one and the localization didn't look like it just started this year maybe ppl wouldn't try and pin the dual audio thing as a reason for the delay

Rektash

Awwww, yis! Dual audio.

Don't mind the babies that can't wait for a couple more months Atlus. Take as much time as you need with the release.

Lets be honest i think it also had to do with how packed February became.

Nier,Nioh and Persona 5 were all kinda fighting for the same demographic, something had to give.

Of those though I would of thought Persona 5 would be the last to move, because it is by far the biggest of the three and most established within the demographic they are pursuing.

Zhao_Yun

I have conflicting feelings now. On the one hand I am super disappointed by yet another delay, but on the other hand I am really happy and grateful for Dual-Audio.

Also means that I can pick up Nioh at launch after all.

edit: do people really think the delay is because of the inclusion of Dual-Audio?

I'm OK with this.

Between FFXV, The Last Guardian, Nier Automata, and Yakuza 0, my backlog is going to be booked for months into the new year.

Well at least the Sub-only folks can stop bitching about it being dub only. Having to listen to them whine makes me not want to look in Persona 5 threads.

Delay sucks though. Hoping this is the last one or I'll start to get really annoyed with Atlus.

Drayco21

I'm actually okay with this; Jan-March was too damn busy with new releases anyway, this should help give stuff a little more room to breath.

Taruranto

To be honest, it doesn't bother me much.

DQVIII, Nier and Tales of Berseria all release in around February, it's not like there isn't stuff to play and this way it doesn't cannibalize Nier sales.

Cornbread78

iOPdI3v.jpg

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Well, I guess I can pre-order Nier now!

LordKano

Who also remembers that during some Sony conference (I think it was the first PSX), some Sony rep come on stage and told stuff about Persona 5 and especially that the western and japanese releases wouldn't be too far away.

This guy was one hell of a liar. Who was he ? I'm tweeting this liar to Shuhei right now.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If this is the price to pay for dual audio. So be it.

Fuuuuuuuck no.

We're at a 7 month delay purely for localization concerns at this point, with 2 delays even AFTER the September JPN release.

Both of which times Atlus USA told us repeatedly that they would be ready by X....only to delay a couple of months beforehand.

Top Bottom