• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kudo

ATLUS REDEEMED!
Time to pre-order the collector's edition, words cannot express my thanks enough to the team at Atlus USA for making this happen.

hemo memo

Gold Member
At this point just give me text only and patch the voice later. just release the game. The game was announced for 2014 Winter. the game got delayed 4 times c'mon just make it TBD.

OrionX

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

For the record, it sounds like dual audio is not the reason for the delay, but something else they were able to get accomplished to soften it. The phrasing in the video from the Atlus USA prez said something like

"We are re-re-evaluating the localization and want this to be the new gold standard for Atlus localization"

Which implies there were other edges that needed to be smoothed out.

Twitch chat is rough.

Anyway, disappointed by the date, but always better to get it right :)
More surprised by dual audio. Felt like more than a financial motivation previously, but huh, here we go!

Bet that theme won't be free for EU folks any time soon.

MoonFrog

Well, having conveniently only played P4 and P3 this past summer, I'm not really in the same position to complain as some folk, plus dual audio is awesome, so I'm okay with this if a bit bummed.

Setsu00

For the record, it sounds like dual audio is not the reason for the delay, but something else they were able to get accomplished to soften it. The phrasing in the video from the Atlus USA prez said something like

"We are re-re-evaluating the localization and want this to be the new gold standard for Atlus localization"

Which implies there were other edges that needed to be smoothed out.

As if they would ever admit that it was because of the Japanese audio. That's like asking your fanbase to tear itself apart.

cwistofu

I'm okay with them taking the time to actually add more voice acting and making sure everything is up to snuff.

It sucks, but it's also just a video game, there are plenty of other video games to play, and also plenty of other real life things to keep me occupied.

Plus now I won't have to hear "remember that time you ignored me all day on Valentines Day?" for the rest of my life from my wife.

Wait, did they cite that's the reason for the delay? If not then what you're saying makes no sense. They're using dual audio to soften the blow. We were going to get it either way.

I don't know for a fact, it's just how I've personally interpreted this news.

Persona 5 on Switch confirmed.

fake edit: not really. not part of the stream. just my high hope.

real edit: damn it, top of page...
Port begging is a no-no.

Mixed feelings about the delay. On the one hand, another fucking delay?! On the other, I probably would've left it till after that insane Jan/Feb lineup anyway (need to give it more time to breath). Still disappointing.

Top Bottom