• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beth Cyra

Super excited for peeps with the announcement of free JPN voices.

I really hope one day Atlus will release something that is up my alley as I do adore the art and social link structure.

Samimista

Now what will I do on Valentine's Day? :(

Well, at least April 4th is two days after my Birthday. I'm sure one of my relatives will probably buy it for me, then.

This game should have been day and date with Japan. There are zero acceptable excuses for this continued bullshit.

They think so little of the western market that they didn't even plan for our release at all. People need to boycott this shit.

marmoka

Banned
Please somebody explain why the hell did we have a trailer today saying the game would be released in February, and now this.

Unless there's a Switch version coming.... If so, damm it! Release the game in February for PS4 and in March for Switch!

Anoxida

For the record, it sounds like dual audio is not the reason for the delay, but something else they were able to get accomplished to soften it. The phrasing in the video from the Atlus USA prez said something like

"We are re-re-evaluating the localization and want this to be the new gold standard for Atlus localization"

Which implies there were other edges that needed to be smoothed out.

It's 1000% not the dual audio that's the reason for the delay. But their tactic is working just look at this thread. People can be happy about the DA but that doesn't mean they should encourage this bullshit. Criticism AND praise is in order here.

J-Skee

FEBRUARY IS SAVED!!!

Didn't know how I was going to balance out Persona, For Honor & Horizon. And my wallet is forever grateful for it.

EDIT: Forgot about Ni-Oh. Dammit.

Cubas

We’re including it as DLC for logistical reasons, but it will be free, for forever. People have been asking for this since P5 was announced, and through herculean effort from just about every division of Atlus, we managed to arrange this. This was something we especially wanted to do for the Atlus Faithful, the ones who still appreciate our English dubs and respect all the effort we put into localizing. You all are the reason we get to do the jobs we do, so we’ve been fighting for this for a long while, and we are glad we can make this happen for all of those who support us and love our games.

The DLC is free forever. [x]

Blobbers

Funny how time flies. I was still in high school when persona 5 was revealed, I will be 25 when it finally releases, since my birthday is April 2nd

mrmickfran

Refreshing the Wikipedia page just to see that February change to April

4f64070a1861333a02001202.jpg

Damn. Was hoping to be able to get through this game before my daughter was born. Guess this game is going to have to go on the back burner now. :(

Gives me more time with RE7, Nioh, Nier, and Horizon though so that's a plus.

Edit: Also your avatar perfectly represents me right now Kenzo.

BTA

Well.. that's a little disappointing. It's not that bad - I definitely appreciate that period of time getting a bit less stacked with games - but unfortunately it was one of the earlier big games of that period, so... still pretty busy.

Also, I'll probably be using JP voices, so that's rad news.

TreIII

*pops champagne bottles*

My wallet rejoices. It also means I get to enjoy the likes of Nier, Nioh and Yakuza 0 with a free conscience.

Trace

Banned
This game should have been day and date with Japan. There are zero acceptable excuses for this continued bullshit.

They think so little of the western market that they didn't even plan for our release at all. People need to boycott this shit.

I'm never boycotting because I'd still get the damn game if it was 2 years after the Japanese release. But still, I'd like the company to respect the western fans a bit more :/

robotrock

Banned
I'm an adult and don't care if this game is releasing on your birthday or not. I have enough disposable income to buy Persona 5 any day of the year, whether it is my birthday or not. I haven't relied on my parents birthday gift money since I was 15.

cripterion

Japanese Voice DLC is happening at launch for FREE.

Uh this shit should be a given. I mean it's good and all but plenty of games have been in like this in the past so them throwing this like they're doing us a favor... lol
Next thing you'll hear is that it will have PS4 pro support for free on release. Oh wow!

.JayZii

Banned
"We have to wait months for the English release because of translation and we can't even get dual audio? Fuck this!"

"They listened to us, and now we're getting dual audio, but now we have to wait an extra month? Fuck this!"

NOOOOOOOOO
:(

Edit: quality reasons, but dual audio is now in.
YEEEEEEEEEEEES

I'm disappointed because between the 14th of February and the May the 1st I had loads of free time to spare for the game, a lot less now...Oh well I guess having Japanese audio is worth the wait.

Is the European version delayed the same way as well ?

I will have more time to support games with less success potential so Nioh, gravity rush and yakuza are all on priority list at the moment. Just no more delays Atlus and it will be fine. Overall it's good news. Delayed game won't make it different once you get it but the dual audio will improve the enjoyment for others. At least we got all star Japanese dub.

Lucreto

Don't know if it's good or bad.

It escapes being at the end of January RPG marathon but possibly a week after Mass Effect Andromeda.

Burbeting

Banned
Seven month gap between japanese and western release for a game that is Atlus' flagship title (in console space anyway) is not great.

Top Bottom