• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsosie

My copy is arriving tomorrow. I wanted to wait until I was done with Zelda so I think I will have to "beat" that game tonight. So excited to dive in.

How do you conserve SP anyway? Before facing the
archangel
boss my party SP was only enough for 4-5 Dia, so what I did was guard my leader and spam physical attacks to it, and only heal the leader if needed. Which isn't exactly the best strategy lol.

you can avoid battles through stealth. Also try making strategic use of your gun when enemies are weak to it to knock them down, an don't use your gun for other purposes if you can help it. Later on once you get more party members you can also switch between them when one member gets low. Also make strategic use of sp healing items if you have them, but they are rare

zelhawks37

Beat the first palace. I'm tempted to bump up the difficulty to hard cause I thought the boss was a bit of a pushover, but I don't want to frustrate myself either. Hrmm.
I just got done with the first palace and the boss provided me with a decent challenge on hard. The game hasnt been too overwhelming if you plan accordingly imo.

I see your point but I immediately recognized the game is doing it this way so I don't blame Morgana. It's really no different from when the protagonist has a thought bubble saying he should do this or that and you can't choose. I just take it as Morgana looking out for my best interests... which makes me like him more.

Sure, sure. That's totally valid. But judging by the posts in this thread, a lot of people end up subconsciously resenting Morgana for it. I'd say not associating those feelings of restriction with him as a character is the exception rather than the rule.

(To be clear, I love this fucking character but hate when he tells me I can't so much as step downstairs because he thinks I need to get to bed.)

For any one who is at 12/24(not story related but you can choose who will you spend time with on Christmas. So if you want to read it go ahead)

which female confidant did you does your time? What item did she give you and what does it effect? For me I did Makoto and she gave me a wristwatch which grants bonus points when your hanging with one of the confidant with the matching persona.

In the middle of the second palace. Having real dungeons improves the modern Persona formula so much. They're better than SMT4 and Apocalypse's already.

I also really like how the story is very angry but it doesn't come across as being too angsty or edgy. Loving everything so far.

small question about one of the confident ability :

It's about the teacher, Sadayo, you get the ability slack off and free time that let you do what you want during classes.... but how do i activate it or use it? Never seen the option for it

thanks

small question about one of the confident ability :

It's about the teacher, Sadayo, you get the ability slack off and free time that let you do what you want during classes.... but how do i activate it or use it? Never seen the option for it

thanks
It happens on rare occasions during school days. You'll know when it triggers. The real gem for that link is the maxed ability

Chaos17

Finished chapter 3 and I've feeling mixed, the story is so far about "fated encounters". I mean Tokyo is so big that it' hard to believe that some NPCs just cross the path of the hero, man.
For now, I'm not attached to the party like I was in the previous persona games. I'm not even attached to their cause maybe I feel that
"they're doing this for fun, be social justice warriors. They don't think ahead and wait for THE encounter that will lead them to their new target."

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a zombie at work today.

I forgot how long a Persona end game is and ending up staying up until 3:30 trying to finish.

And then I didn't...

Ferrio

Banned
Early game question
Where's a good place to raise your guts? Only thing I found was studying. I assume a book does too?

you can avoid battles through stealth. Also try making strategic use of your gun when enemies are weak to it to knock them down, an don't use your gun for other purposes if you can help it. Later on once you get more party members you can also switch between them when one member gets low. Also make strategic use of sp healing items if you have them, but they are rare

Hmm, I guess I'll experiment later.. Is it normal to have many higher level shadows (the red glowing ones when scanned)? Even after fighting all of the shadows I still feel a little bit underleveled :/

For any one who is at 12/24(not story related but you can choose who will you spend time with on Christmas. So if you want to read it go ahead)

which female confidant did you does your time? What item did she give you and what does it effect? For me I did Makoto and she gave me a wristwatch which grants bonus points when your hanging with one of the confidant with the matching persona.

Ah, I've been wondering, do hooking up with multiple girls have any adverse effect?

Opa-Pa

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with Morgana telling me what to do if it was more consistent and it took less days. I made it to June last night and I swear they took like a week and a half from me to advance the plot. The strange part is that some days they actually allowed me to do stuff at night.

I think many people just try to minmax the game because they're used to unrealistic JRPGs where everything exists in an artificial state to be exploited and 100%'ed. But Persona games try to provide a more realistic experience and focus on role playing instead of unlocking shit. And like in real life, we don't develop close bonds with everyone we meet, and sometimes we choose who to further a bond with. That doesn't make the game bad, or that we're missing out. It's just playing a role and making our own story for the character. But people view that in a negative way, as if they're not getting all the value if they don't see everything in one playthrough. It's hard to break this expectation when so many games are designed in that way, even supposed RPGs.

Yeah it's definitely like this. I guess it only bothers me because I'm enjoying the hell out of this design and it's clearly intentional. Not only you have to plan the best strategy to beat down enemies, but you have to use the most efficient way so you conserve as much healing items and SP as possible to make it as far into the dungeon as possible, it's great, it reminds me of Etrian Odyssey and Strange Journey.

Basically it adds another layer of complexity and challenges to the gameplay which is VERY appreciated after previous games.

Sure, sure. That's totally valid. But judging by the posts in this thread, a lot of people end up subconsciously resenting Morgana for it. I'd say not associating those feelings of restriction with him as a character is the exception rather than the rule.

(To be clear, I love this fucking character but hate when he tells me I can't so much as step downstairs because he thinks I need to get to bed.)

Yeah I noticed this too, haha. It's a shame because he's pretty likeable otherwise, but yup, the game is doing exactly the same 3 and 4 did, except now it's a character and not directly the game telling what to do... Actually as annoying as it is, I kinda like him even more for caring about me!

Hmm, I guess I'll experiment later.. Is it normal to have many higher level shadows (the red glowing ones when scanned)? Even after fighting all of the shadows I still feel a little bit underleveled :/

Ah, I've been wondering, do hooking up with multiple girls have any adverse effect?

That's for you find out on the day after Valentine's day

suracity

Characteristics and system functions are two different things which I can separate easily
I value a character based their interaction with the MC and their arc. I just don't factor "Asking you to sleep" into valuing a character and I just accept it's part of the game. So I really can't resonate with those who are frustrated with Mona.

Mona is precious. I want to rub his belly.

Stopping by Best Buy later, thinking about picking this up. Never played a Persona game before, but I enjoy JRPG's with good stories, seems like this would be right up my alley, correct?

Zesh

How are you supposed to beat the first palace halfway point mini-boss on hard? He one-shots my party even when guarding. I'm level 6 with the default armor -- am I meant to grind a bunch, or just use a ton of items?

LiK

Stopping by Best Buy later, thinking about picking this up. Never played a Persona game before, but I enjoy JRPG's with good stories, seems like this would be right up my alley, correct?

100% yes.

P4G was a life changing experience for me. P5 is currently an amazing experience.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How are you supposed to beat the first palace halfway point mini-boss on hard? He one-shots my party even when guarding. I'm level 6 with the default armor -- am I meant to grind a bunch, or just use a ton of items?

Do you have anything that can attack debuff an enemy?

LowParry

I keep expecting the first story bit to conclude but it keeps going and going and going. Hitting the 7 hour mark. I have my deadline of course at this point so I can do extra stuff on the side. But it just feels so bloated? It's a good kind of bloat though.

Maybe. I have some friends struggling with it and I have some huge issues with it, despite loving jrpgs. It's definitely an aquired taste and won't be for everyone.

CrazyDude

I feel like I am not getting enough social links and stat increases done. It feels like to many day are hijacked by the story and too many of the social links are locked to the stats.

kenta

Has no PEINS
The game forced me to use Arsene during the fusion tutorial and I feel bad that I'm missing him now

Is he worth buying again and leveling up? Does he become one of the better personas, and/or is he a good persona to have in the early game?

The game forced me to use Arsene during the fusion tutorial and I feel bad that I'm missing him now

Is he worth buying again and leveling up? Does he become one of the better personas, and/or is he a good persona to have in the early game?

no, there is is no reason to ever use him again and this isnt pokemon, a persona is only useful for a maybe a single dungeon at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom