• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster0

I'm only about 2 hours in, but man, Igor's voice really feels like it doesn't fit to me, maybe in just used to his voice from 3 & 4. I guess it'll eventually grow on me

Strimei

I'm only about 2 hours in, but man, Igor's voice really feels like it doesn't fit to me, maybe in just used to his voice from 3 & 4. I guess it'll eventually grow on me

I definitely miss Dan Woren, wish they hadn't changed. Though I am curious who voices him in 5, I swear its Fred Tatasciore.

I'm about 5 hours in and probably done for the day. I need to figure out the demon negotiation because I'm terrible at it.

Outside of that the game seems amazing so far

Aeana

Thoughts as of 4/13:

-As slick as the menus are(VERY), I wish they'd given similar flair to the rest of the party, like FFXIII did. It'd be cool if Morgana or Ryuji had their own character-specific animations when you go to their gear.
-I like that the protagonist feels like a character. Not 'you feel sleepy' but 'I feel sleepy', etc. He has his own thoughts and things more as well.
-Massive Persona 2 vibes, like the whole world and the school really is corrupt.
-The music makes me think of the Raidou games, similar jazzy vibe.
-Seems like they're shying away from the SMT demonary names.
'Two-horned beast' and 'guard captain' my foot, I know a Bicorn and Eligor when I see one.
-I almost feel like Igor should have been a new character. He seems really different, especially because of the voice.

I have no complaints about the dub or localization. There's a few stilted lines here and there, it happens. It's not like I'm playing Sword Art Online or Elminage Original or something.
They don't tell you their "true name" until you negotiate with them.

Huh I feel like fighting
the minibosses leading up to Kaneshiro was harder than fighting Kaneshiro himself. Then again I did run out of sp by the time I reached the 3rd or 4th boss

Couple questions:

1. Is there a max social link guide that doesn't have spoilers? Not sure I'll have time to play this game twice so I want to see them all in one go.

2. Is there a true ending and is there a spoiler free guide on how to get it?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I named my dude Keikaku Keikaku because he looks like a scheming motherfucker. Well, that and he reminds me of Light Yagami and Lelouche Vi Britannia, the kings of the keikaku.

Couple questions:

1. Is there a max social link guide that doesn't have spoilers? Not sure I'll have time to play this game twice so I want to see them all in one go.

2. Is there a true ending and is there a spoiler free guide on how to get it?

To your first one there is one on gamefaqs but it's quite hard to follow. As for your second, I haven't beaten the game yet but supposedly the choices to get the true ending isn't as vague as getting p4's true ending

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm guessing this game starts out with a much narrower focus than the last two...I remember wandering around the town with my own free time pretty early into the beginning with those, but this is really focused so far.

Kalentan

Question about the 4/25 quiz about the Kakushinhan...

I read the Eurogamer guide but I'm still a bit confused. They said:

'What's the common usage of kakushinhan again, regarding an action you take? Knowing your actions are wrong.
But the real kakushinhan is the opposite, right? So the opposite means... Conviction that you're right."

So is there two questions? Like do you answer with the first and then the second?

deim0s

Finishing the first dungeon on the last day (old persona habit) is a mistake. D:

Then I saw the cutscene animation! :O

otakukidd

Game has some of the best dialog choices. There's something about a game where a dialog choice makes you laugh out loud. Loving the main character actually having some personality and not just a blank slate.

Also god damn this game gets dark fucking fast.

Lelcar

Why does Igor still do the Velvet Room thing? He doesn't still work for Philemon does he? I mean the butterfly is Philemon, but he doesn't take an active role in anything anymore. Nyar died in Persona 2.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Additional pro tip for one day dungeon runs, [early-mid gameplay spoiler]
once you get Doctor Lady to rank 5/6(?) she starts selling you accessories that regenerate SP in battle
, which allows you to easily clear dungeons in a day.

But isn't the accessory like 50k a piece tho, lol.

kaitain19

Some questions about P5:
- Is there a way to recover SP in dungeons like the Fox in P4?
- Can you switch characters in your party while in a dungeon or is it like P3 & P4 where you can only bring 3 other party members and if you want to use other characters you need to exit the dungeon?
- How do you obtain new Personas? Is there a conversation system in this game like in other SMT titles?
- Is Tanaka (the home shopping guy) in this game?
- Late game spoiler:
So I already know that Goro will betray you, does that mean he won't be usable in endgame, thus I don't need to bother levelling him up in battles?

Why does something have to load every 5 seconds?

That's the one thing I don't like lol. Yeah the transitions are pretty but Atlas needs to realize that we prefer staying in the action more than waiting for loading screens..I wish they had an option to disable all the transition screens. Then again it's probably to load the maps more than anything because I noticed some pop ins during an in game dialog session before.

cj_iwakura

Why does Igor still do the Velvet Room thing? He doesn't still work for Philemon does he? I mean the butterfly is Philemon, but he doesn't take an active role in anything anymore. Nyar died in Persona 2.

He's still Philemon's servant, that hasn't changed(far as I know). They still serve a 'master', probably because Philemon would want them helping Persona users.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So... uh... is dating students a thing in Japan, or is this just very liberal writing?

Everybody seems to be A-ok with this fuckery.

Merkunt

Was anyone playing in Hard mode able to reach the Treasure room in The Castle in a single run? Ran out of SP shortly after the gymnasium boss.

ChanMan

Kinda weird to me that
everyone just accepts that the PE teacher is dating a student like it's no big deal... is that considered acceptable in Japan? People lose their jobs for that shit here in the U.S. regardless of the student's age.

Guess you just said fuck it on adding spoiler tags huh, granted it is minor but still.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Looking at the activities people are doing make me feel so behind. Apparently I should have a job by now.

Don't be bothered by that too much, since people prioritize different things during their playthrough. They may already have a job, for example, but you may have higher social stat than theirs, of have stronger personas, or have higher confidants' social links.

By the time you get to that point, 50K should not be an issue, lol.

Really now. I managed to get to 7 for her only after finishing the 2nd dungeon and money is really tight, mannn. One of my dudes is underequipped because the equipment are goddamn expensive, and daily jobs only give 3600 yen at most per day >_<

I suppose I raised her too fast, maybe.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
So... uh... is dating students a thing in Japan, or is this just very liberal writing?

At least with regards to the rest of the school's faculty, it just has to do with how this guy is such a decorated athlete and his reputation with coaching a renowned volleyball team. Everyone mainly just turns a blind eye and pretends like it doesn't even happen. From what I can gather, this kind of attitude is common in Japan.

Some questions about P5:
- Is there a way to recover SP in dungeons like the Fox in P4?
- Can you switch characters in your party while in a dungeon or is it like P3 & P4 where you can only bring 3 other party members and if you want to use other characters you need to exit the dungeon?
- How do you obtain new Personas? Is there a conversation system in this game like in other SMT titles?
- Is Tanaka (the home shopping guy) in this game?
- Late Game Spoiler:
So I already know that Goro will betray you, does that mean he won't be usable in endgame, thus I don't need to bother levelling him up in battles?

-Yes, there are SP items.
Hierophant's confidant abilities let you create SP items. Death's confidant abilities unlocks SP regen accessories.
-You do not need to exit the dungeon to swap party members.
Star's confidant ability lets you swap party members in a fight.
-Last question.
You only have access to Goro in one palace.

Xeteh

How much of a role does fatigue play in the dungeon crawling? It was my least favorite aspect of P3 (aside from not being able to control teammates) and I was stoked it was gone in P4.

Really now. I managed to get to 7 for her only after finishing the 2nd dungeon and money is really tight, mannn. One of my dudes is underequipped because the equipment are goddamn expensive, and daily jobs only give 3600 yen at most per day >_<

I suppose I raised her too fast, maybe.

Have you been using negotiate for money? It's quite possibly the best way in the game of getting money, but I find it's something that gets overlooked quite commonly. Often when you're fighting mooks that won't give good exp, it's a better idea to negotiate with them for money or items.

Kinda weird to me that everyone just accepts
that the PE teacher is dating a student like it's no big deal... is that considered acceptable in Japan? People lose their jobs for that shit here in the U.S. regardless of the student's age.

Don't like to quote myself but...

It's forbidden. The university I used to attend to had it explicitly written in the Student Handbook I received when I enrolled there. But something tells me it's forbidden because it was a thing once (I don't have proof of that though).

Only about an hour in, but oof this is a slow start...Not hating anything, but definitely not jiving with anything either. Last 20 minutes feels like nothing but random people talking shit about my past and....snore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom