• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Prepare to have those hopes BLOWN THE FUCK UP BY HOW AWESOME P4G IS!

Also, bit of a brag I'll admit, but how many other people on PGaf have the platinum trophy for Golden? I know a few people have their own hated trophy that they had/have trouble getting.

I got mine just about two months ago. I didn't find any of them too bad, just really time consuming.

Levito

Banned
Hype for Persona Q just reached astronomical levels:

B27mA2LCcAAahx9.png:large

Stream was great. Thanks John, Nich, and errbudy else at Atlus!

arue

PERSONA 5

I kid.

I'll be visiting Japan in late December and early January, so I was expecting some P5 ads while I visit there. But I know it won't happen anymore because I think Atlus will use this as an opportunity to reveal P5 news.

I bet there will be some Persona Q and P4AU music in there.
Or maybe P5 opening song.

-grumbles loudly because apparently Twitch''s ads hate her computer-

You get those ads that go 1fps? Those are painful.

I'll be visiting Japan in late December and early January, so I was expecting some P5 ads while I visit there. But I know it won't happen anymore because I think Atlus will use this as an opportunity to reveal P5 news.

I bet there will be some Persona Q and P4AU music in there.
Or maybe P5 opening song.

I picture the concert ending with a single song from P5. It would certainly fit their trolling reputation, no?

You get those ads that go 1fps? Those are painful.

I picture the concert ending with a single song from P5. It would certainly fit their trolling reputation, no?

No, I think Avast's ad tracking thing is blocking them, but turing it off doesn't work because then like 5 other scripts show up. :|

Has Atlus always had this trolling reputation?

FluxWaveZ

Not quite. The thing is that Atlus trolls when it comes to teasing upcoming reveals or events, but when those reveals or events occur, they're not letdowns. They're not in the game of deceptive trolling where they build up something only to pull the rug underneath their fans to laugh at them, or at least I'm not aware of any case where this happened.

This is a concert, so I don't necessarily know what to expect other than music, but this is obviously related to Persona 5 in some way. I don't know if a single P5 song would even be a letdown in this situation.

Edit: Oh wait, unless you meant waiting until the very end of the concert to show what's up. In which case, you're right, that'd totally fit their m.o.

Not quite. The thing is that Atlus trolls when it comes to teasing upcoming reveals or events, but when those reveals or events occur, they're not letdowns. They're not in the game of deceptive trolling where they build up something only to pull the rug underneath their fans to laugh at them, or at least I'm not aware of any case where this happened.

This is a concert, so I don't necessarily know what to expect other than music, but this is obviously related to Persona 5 in some way. I don't know if a single P5 song would even be a letdown in this situation.

Edit: Oh wait, unless you meant waiting until the very end of the concert to show what's up. In which case, you're right, that'd totally fit their m.o.

Yeah. The edit is right. But honestly, I wouldn't mind at all if there's plenty of the PQ soundtrack is there. Excellent stuff!

In PQ? I dunno, but I do know that PQ's fusion error animation is probably my favorite in the series.

Hah! Now this is the kind of quality that'll make this game truly worth it.

But we, or at least I, need something now. I figured they'd reveal other characters at the last reveal. It's rather ominous, especially after PQ's WW launch (their usual "post-the-last-game-in-the-series'-release" bit).

Hah! Now this is the kind of quality that'll make this game truly worth it.

But we, or at least I, need something now. I figured they'd reveal other characters at the last reveal. It's rather ominous, especially after PQ's WW launch (their usual "post-the-last-game-in-the-series'-release" bit).

Considering P5 was originally slated for Winter this year, we should at least get something by year's end. Granted, that something could just be the trailers we've already gotten, but still!

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, something's definitely up with this concert. They didn't make this big of a deal about Persona Music Box 2014, which took place just last month, what with a whole website dedicated to Persona Super Live and a countdown. PMB already had a bunch of P3 and P4 music, and PQ and P4AU music, too. I wonder if it's because PMB was more of a side thing, while this is supposed to be the main event and an "official" follow-up to Persona Music Live.

A banner for PSL 2015 has replaced P4AU on the p-ch website, too.

My feeling is that it will be bigger than PMB, and more than likely end with a song from P5. More importantly, I suspect it will mark the start of the marketing push for P5. Maybe even some kind of release date reveal either at the end of the show or very soon afterward.

Either way, it's nice to have some kind of big date to look forward to.

Levito

Banned
Would totally go to the Persona concert in February if I thought it was at all possible to get tickets. Always wanted to visit Japan.

Some day. ;_;

P4U2 Ver2.00 Dengeki interview, what does it mean??? No, seriously, I have no idea. What does it say. Heard preliminary stuff on twitter, but no real solid source for every change yet I guess.

Prepare to have those hopes BLOWN THE FUCK UP BY HOW AWESOME P4G IS!

Also, bit of a brag I'll admit, but how many other people on PGaf have the platinum trophy for Golden? I know a few people have their own hated trophy that they had/have trouble getting.

Meeeeeee :)

I got Rise's navigation lines in my first run, but a lot of people seem to have problems back then.
Same here, high five!

Hype for a Persona Music Live is always through the roof for me but a show that will debut P5 music? Not sure my heart can take that.
I'm really looking forward to the PMB2014 bluray as well, the setlist was absolutely incredible.

Wait...

"Night of the Phantom"

That reminds me of something. Remember in the end of the Persona 5 trailer at the pre-TGS conference, the character sees a silhouette through his glasses? Could that be it? Could this be a hint at a sequel trailer to what the character saw?

Let's assume that the trailers are continuations. Then, this title would make perfect sense. Maybe the next trailer will start off from the end of the last trailer.

Wait...

"Night of the Phantom"

That reminds me of something. Remember in the end of the Persona 5 trailer at the pre-TGS conference, the character sees a silhouette through his glasses? Could that be it? Could this be a hint at a sequel trailer to what the character saw?

Let's assume that the trailers are continuations. Then, this title would make perfect sense. Maybe the next trailer will start off from the end of the last trailer.

As long as they also throw in gameplay.

Ok so the Persona Super Live thing HAS to be P5 related.

Just go to the site and you'll see the two 5s load in first before the rest of the date fills in.
Not only that but the 5s vibrate and seem to be the only number doing so.
Also the colour scheme is identical to P5's.

OK so REALLY OBVIOUS stuff out of the way, what do you guys think the chained and padlocked question mark is about? I tried inspecting the source and elements of the page but came up with nothing.

Tamanon

Banned

Just go to the site and you'll see the two 5s load in first before the rest of the date fills in.

OK so REALLY OBVIOUS stuff out of the way, what do you guys think the chained and padlocked question mark is about? I tried inspecting the source and elements of the page but came up with nothing.

I think some of the music will debut beforehand and that link will lead to a tune or two.

I thought we agreed right from the start that this would be a live show with music from P5 and probably some footage rolling while those songs are being performed.
Not sure what else you're expecting.

That Persona Live stuff seems interesting, gotta keep an eye on that.

And in other news, Ultimax released today in PAL land. Played only for 30 minutes because I gotta get ready for a test I will be taking today.

Seems alright, I bought it just for the story (which seems to be bad from what I've been reading?). I suck hard at fighting games, and I had fun doing some Trophies on P4A. (not aiming for a platinum, obviously, can't do shit with my skills) and I will do the same with Ultimax. For the 100 online matches trophy I only won 37 of them... Let's see how it goes this time lol.

Shame that we didn't get Adachi and Marie free for a week, but what can you do.

FluxWaveZ

I thought we agreed right from the start that this would be a live show with music from P5 and probably some footage rolling while those songs are being performed.
Not sure what else you're expecting.

I don't know about that. I think it was evident to everyone at the start that this would be related to P5 as it's blatantly obvious, but I don't think we've all come to the consensus that it will necessarily only be music / footage at the concert yet, though. At least, I'm a bit uncertain. That countdown website seems fairly dramatic, and I'm uncertain if they have ever associated the P Studio logo with a concert before.

wmlk

I don't know about that. I think it was evident to everyone at the start that this would be related to P5 as it's blatantly obvious, but I don't think we've all come to the consensus that it will necessarily only be music / footage at the concert yet, though. At least, I'm a bit uncertain. That countdown website seems fairly dramatic, and I'm uncertain if they have ever associated the P Studio logo with a concert before.

Whatever the case is, I think that we won't get any substantial info until that date.

The have one circle chained up, which suggests something is gonna be shown, but it's so small that it might be pretty insignificant.

FluxWaveZ

Whatever the case is, I think that we won't get any substantial info until that date.

The have one circle chained up, which suggests something is gonna be shown, but it's so small that it might be pretty insignificant.

The circles are the biggest element on that page after the huge numbering for the date, so I think it's meaningless. Akin to this:
But yeah, I think there might not be any P5 info before then, other than possible NA information at the PlayStation Experience.

wmlk

The circles are the biggest element on that page after the huge numbering for the date, so I think it's meaningless. Akin to this:

Exactly. Didn't we get Teddie freaking out in those boxes?

Size is a pretty good indicator as to how important something is. Maybe that chained-up thing will be a link to the P5 Portal.

FluxWaveZ

Exactly. Didn't we get Teddie freaking out in those boxes?

Size is a pretty good indicator as to how important something is. Maybe that chained-up thing will be a link to the P5 Portal.

But the boxes were teases for each title they had to announce during the event... Was that not important? And if it were a link to the P5 portal, why would it be locked right now instead of just being an external link?

wmlk

But the boxes were teases for each title they had to announce during the event... Was that not important? And if it were a link to the P5 portal, why would it be locked right now instead of just being an external link?

Well, they don't want to give it all away I think. Even though it's exceedingly obvious.

We're likely to get a short teaser trailer within the next few months. They won't let the whole thing sit for 77 days. I'm just saying it won't be that significant in the larger picture.

Whenever that does happen, we'll see the link to P5's Portal with some updates to the site I think.

Well, using the words Persona Live sure is deceptive if this isn't some kind of live performance by the Persona band, even if there is more to it than that.
I guess it could be reffering to a livestream, or live announcement or whatever.
I think it would be pretty damn cool if they showed a trailer with a release date and then have Meguro and the band rocking some tunes from the game.
The live shows have become such a big part of the whole Persona thing that it would make sense do to something like that. They debuted P3P music at the 2009 Wel City show.

FluxWaveZ

Well, using the words Persona Live sure is deceptive if this isn't some kind of live performance by the Persona band, even if there is more to it than that.
I could it could be reffering to a livestream, or live announcement or whatever.
I think it would be pretty damn cool if they showed a trailer with a release date and then have Meguro and the band rocking some tunes from the game.
The live shows have become such a big part of the whole Persona thing that it would make sense. They debuted P3P music at the 2009 wel City show.

No, this is definitely a concert. It's been confirmed as much right when it was announced: GA tickets are 8,000 JPY, premium tickets are 16,000 JPY, it will feature Persona 3 and Persona 4 music, and everything else. I'm just saying that doesn't necessarily tell us what P5's involvement will be here, even though it's likely musical in nature.

Dantis

It's definitely a concert because it lists Lotus Juice, Hirata, Kawamura, Meguro and 'other'.

Presumably other would be the P5 singer?

Top Bottom