• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Spoiler Thread

Nankatsu

Game is fantastic. As a whole, the package it offers is insane and quite possibly my game of generation. As remake projects go this is the one for me.

Gameplay, cinematography, OST, voice acting, minigames, it's such a fucking good package.

As for the ending, I was expecting Aerith's fate to be inverted, and that they would save her now. I always thought one of the main objectives of this remake was to correct her death in the original to be honest.

Well that didn't happened, at least yet.

With the multiverse mambo jambo, you never know.

Her appearance in the final fight initially made me think she had wake up, but at the end you get it it was like her force ghost through the lifestream. A safe way to maintain her "alive".

Zack part's are fucking cool, and I hope they some how merge him even more in the final part. I want them to be bold. Let me have him on my party.

I'm still confused about the black materia and Cloud. I thought by the end of Sephiroth's fate he totally stopped being controlled by him, but when he infused the Black Materia with the buster sword I got confused.

Now I'm left wondering if I should leave hard mode for the Pro and go straight to Reunion or not.

Also first ran took me a staggering 150 hours.

Last edited:
I remember people being mad that you only get one opportunity to switch gear/materia during the final battles (it's immediately after Jenova when you fight as just Cloud)

Having Aerith as a controllable player at that point would have been a surprise.

Nankatsu

I remember people being mad that you only get one opportunity to switch gear/materia during the final battles (it's immediately after Jenova when you fight as just Cloud)

Having Aerith as a controllable player at that point would have been a surprise.

Man I was so pissed that the game removes Caith's Sith's materia when he leaves the party.

I didn't noticed until I was already fighting Sephiroth. Had to do that part only spamming abilities and attacks with him, no materia 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom