• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

No, this is definitely a concert. It's been confirmed as much right when it was announced: GA tickets are 8,000 JPY, premium tickets are 16,000 JPY, it will feature Persona 3 and Persona 4 music, and everything else. I'm just saying that doesn't necessarily tell us what P5's involvement will be here, even though it's likely musical in nature.

LJ just confirmed it's at the Budokan.

Presumably other would be the P5 singer?

Most likely, yeah, I wonder if it's a he or a she. Could also mean the rest of the band but assuming that the game has vocal tracks and they aren't bringing back any of the previous singers it's very likely.

Sorry about the dp.

Lunar15

Only Atlus would make a 2 month countdown website.

I like how the 5's rumble every once in a while. They're such fucking trolls, I love it.

Setsu00

After an epic (well, "tedious" might be the better word here) journey through an entire adminstrative district in Germany I finally bought a copy of Ultimax. Golden Arena Mode is all kinds of awesome and I like Minazuki's fighting style a lot.

I doodled this up for the EU release:
tumblr_nfejgaPyId1ry8an7o1_1280.png

Also, I totally believe that this Phantom thing is related to P5.

Messiah

After an epic (well, "tedious" might be the better word here) journey through an entire adminstrative district in Germany I finally bought a copy of Ultimax. Golden Arena Mode is all kinds of awesome and I like Minazuki's fighting style a lot.

Looks neat.

Sophia

Another concert at the Nippon Budokan is pretty impressive. That's no small venue; playing there once is crazy. And now they're going back?

Also those ticket prices are pretty expensive. $80 for a regular seat. Wow.

Another concert at the Nippon Budokan is pretty impressive. That's no small venue; playing there once is crazy. And now they're going back?

Also those ticket prices are pretty expensive. $80 for a regular seat. Wow.

Last year they sold out in 10 minutes so that shouldn't stop them from selling out again, especially since P5 will be at the show.
Seeing them play at this legendary venue really makes me happy.

Does anyone happen to know about the persona q preorder bonus? (tarot cards)

If I preroder the standard edition from best buy will I still get the cards, or is it an exclusive deal for amazon and gamestop only?

Sophia

Does anyone happen to know about the persona q preorder bonus? (tarot cards)

If I preroder the standard edition from best buy will I still get the cards, or is it an exclusive deal for amazon and gamestop only?

Every first-run copy of the game comes with the tarot cards, standard or premium. Regardless if you actually pre-ordered.

FluxWaveZ

I mean, the countdown website itself made it fully obvious that P5 was going to have a presence there. It's just to what extent.

Personally, I'd be cool with hearing a distinct song from P5 (not that most of us would be able to initially hear it through legitimate means unless they made it available publicly), but I'd rather first hear the song in a more direct context. Whether it was through a trailer or through the game itself, I think the impact would be a bit lessened if it was just the song being played on stage without being surrounded by its in-game context.

I mean, the countdown website itself made it fully obvious that P5 was going to have a presence there. It's just to what extent.

Personally, I'd be cool with hearing a distinct song from P5 (not that most of us would be able to initially hear it through legitimate means unless they made it available publicly), but I'd rather first hear the song in a more direct context. Whether it was through a trailer or through the game itself, I think the impact would be a bit lessened if it was just the song being played on stage without being surrounded by its in-game context.

That's a good point. The only exception I can think of is if they playing the opening song live, while the accompanying visuals are on the big screen behind them. Could make for a cool introduction to P5 music.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, I would think they would debut some of it earlier, since I don't think this is going to be livestreamed since it's a live event. I assume it's going to have some of the music performed live, but we'll hear it beforehand.

PK Gaming

Ok, this is pretty awesome

wmlk

'Phantom of the Night' could also be the name of the main theme or something.

It would make sense since this is a concert, anyway.

Sophia

"Night of the Phantom" makes me think of the The Phantom of the Opera and it's themes more than anything. Someone who uses a mask to deceive the world around them of their true nature.

Does make me wonder what significance it has from a story standpoint. Is the phantom the protagonist(s) or the shadows? Or perhaps a third party? Gives a real Persona 2-ish vibe, at any rate. And the "night" aspect harkens back to Persona 3.

wmlk

"Night of the Phantom" makes me think of the The Phantom of the Opera and it's themes more than anything. Someone who uses a mask to deceive the world around them of their true nature.

I was just gonna make this point. I think I was subconsciously thinking that so I called it 'Phantom of the Night' instead. :p

It's not surprising that they are doing it like this, most of the reveals up to now of stuff has been at their own events, with the exception of TGS. But yeah, the concert has some relation to P5, if it wasn't blatantly obvious with the 5s and the red color motif, but to what length is anyone's guess at this point. And what "Phantom of the Night" really means, probably has some relation to P5 as well, but I'm stuck as to what the connection is. Okay well I guess all we just need right now is to have more positive thinking about this...

Well, I would think they would debut some of it earlier, since I don't think this is going to be livestreamed since it's a live event. I assume it's going to have some of the music performed live, but we'll hear it beforehand.

Why? Last year's show was livestreamed, I fully expect the same to happen this year.
I'm still saying that we'll be seeing a trailer and then the band will play music from the game, maybe the song from the trailer itself, like they did last year with the P3 movie.

Unbeknownst to us all at the time, February 5th, 2015 actually turned out to be Persona 5's release date.

Imagine if it's something like an announcement, at the very end of the concert: "Thank you everyone, I hope you enjoyed the music, we also hope that you enjoy our next installment in the Persona series, because well... It's out NOW".

You just see the masses running out of the venue:

KJnk9.gif

arue

Imagine if it's something like an announcement, at the very end of the concert: "Thank you everyone, I hope you enjoyed the music, we also hope that you enjoy our next installment in the Persona series, because well... It's out NOW".

You just see the masses running out of the venue:

KJnk9.gif
Perfect .gif to use for the situation lol.

If P5's release date is 5 May 2015 then it'd be perfect. (The 15th or 25th works too.)

wmlk

May 5, 2015 sounds too good to pass up.

Seems like a good time frame, too. It would also make sense since Atlus blitzed out information in a short time with P3 and P4. Persona is much bigger and Atlus is with SEGA now, so we'll see...

Top Bottom