• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Hah, I had no idea Matt Mercer was doing a voice in the game. I started watching Critical Role recently so it's weird to see him outside of that.

I've been thinking about getting into VA, but the amount of weird people they have to deal with. Especially if you're a woman doing VA.

Yeah, the above comments don't really discourage that.

Seriously, what do you add by stating that other than sounding creepy?

Mediking

Talking to a dude he say the same... mostly. (feels like dudes who propose to japanese seiyuu i guess hahaha)
She is a very good looking lady i had to admit tho.

Erika too , i hit that

Please, don't write stuff like this. It's creepy and embarassing.

Yeah, the above comments don't really discourage that.

Seriously, what do you add by stating that other than sounding creepy?

Poor choice of words by Makio but let's not burn him to the ground about it. Still a great member in this community. I'm sure he learned his lesson. I've seen FAR worse on GAF. It's too close to P5's release for things to get awkward now. Lol

That picture was the 1st time I ever even heard of CL. My knee jerk reaction was that she was pretty. Sorry if that pissed anybody off.

Erika Harlacher is fuckin cool , Matt Mercer kill it with that pose (letting his internal Kanji taking control) , good to see Robbie Daymond after Atlus USA ignore the hell of him in the interviews.

And Damn Cherami Leigh with a haircut (wig) and red contacts can cosplay as Makoto and get away with it.
Guess being ignored by Atlus is something Goro and Robbie have in common :p

CrazyDude

For those who heard Persona 5's credit song, where do you rank it among the other two. Personally it's my favorite one. P5>P3>P4. They're all great though.

I don't know how I can last a week. Ugh, it's doubly worse since the damn game broke street date in some places and there are jerks already playing it who aren't press/Japanese/importers. And now the Power Rangers Twitch marathon is effectively over, so I don't have that to distract me. :(

Sophia

I don't know how I can last a week. Ugh, it's doubly worse since the damn game broke street date in some places and there are jerks already playing it who aren't press/Japanese/importers. And now the Power Rangers Twitch marathon is effectively over, so I don't have that to distract me. :(

You'll live. And when it's in your hands and you're playing that awesome introduction, you shall squee. And it will be worth it.

cj_iwakura

Boy am I glad I avoided that 'Spoiler Free' impression thread after a glimpse of a train wreck I caught.

Anyway, someone said they did P4 in 104 and asked why it took me so long so I wanted to see how long my file was...
(Margaret and two cycles cleared)
C7-HnfOVMAAnrNA.jpg

C7-LQrdVAAE418B.jpg
Yeesh.

DNAbro

Do you think there's any chance you might change your mind after playing? Not saying I think P5's is better, but the credits songs of 3 and 4 were so memorable to me because of how I felt while hearing them.

mmm not sure. I can't see myself listening to it afterwards though. I think most good video game music is still good out of context.

Mediking

Listen if you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q34aIo8AfQ&index=109&list=PLOjg1uqS4bqKA6kl2o6fC7XSibWLZ8yKi

When I finished 3 and 4 I had their credits songs on repeat. Those songs are fantastic. P5's is just kind of boring. Hell PQ's is better imo.

Do you think there's any chance you might change your mind after playing? Not saying I think P5's is better, but the credits songs of 3 and 4 were so memorable to me because of how I felt while hearing them.

Cried at the end of Persona 3 FES. Song hit me hard.

Smiled at the best ending in Persona 4 Golden. Song also hit me hard.

Stopped playing PQ because it was too difficult. It had catchy songs though.

Has no idea how Persona 5 ends. Only songs I heard were from trailers.

I really don't know, but considering you mentioned P3's dub I wanted to point out that the entire cast pretty much fails to correctly pronounce most names in that game. It's YU-kari, not Yu-KA-ri. It's KI-rijo, not Ki-RI-jo. That same thing is true for P4, actually. It's TA-tsumi, not Ta-TSU-mi. The point is that these kinds of mispronounciations have been a part of this series for a long time.

I was going to bring this up. The complaints made me think back to P3 and P4 and I think it's funny that there are Yu-kiko and Do-ji-ma in the same game.

Sa-ka-moto does sound exceptionally silly and strenuous though.

I want that hair!

I think it's pretty obvious that when someone complains about "anime" they're specifically talking about waifu/moe/otaku culture and all the common tropes associated with that movement. It's aimed more at the wave of 2010s anime that emphasize cute females (waifus), power of friendship, wish fullfilment, harems, idol culture, fanservice/ecchi, etc. They're clearly not thinking of Fist of the North Star or Cowboy Bebop. Well, most of them aren't anyway.

While I think some concerns are overblown, it would greatly bother me if SMT V followed the same tone as Apocalypse. I didn't mind it for a one-off iterative sequel, but it really isn't a direction I'd be happy with for the franchise's future as it clashes with what SMT has been about since its inception. I don't think it will, though.

This is totally it. That kind of approach is ubiquitous as it is and nothing scratches that old SMT itch for me (but not even SMT4 does for a lot of other reasons). It gets squicky in the wrong ways too.

I have a favor to ask. Could anyone give me links to the Japanese P5 trailers but with English subtitles, please? I'm trying to convince a friend to look into the game but I'm terrified of accidentally being spoiled by other thumbnails/titles... especially with a week to go until the English version.

So but please make a
Morganamobile
Atlus with the Atlus Logo and Persona 5 on top, like a cab. Way better marketing piece. And I'd totally want one and ride around in it.

(Shown in trailers and known, but spoilered just in case)

I have a favor to ask. Could anyone give me links to the Japanese P5 trailers but with English subtitles, please? I'm trying to convince a friend to look into the game but I'm terrified of accidentally being spoiled by other thumbnails/titles... especially with a week to go until the English version.

Go on a friendly video (unrelated) with ublock installed in chrome and use the asset picker to block the suggestion bar on youtube.

Then go to the Atlus USA channel and show him the E3 2016 trailer. Probably the best subbed trailer for the game.

The portrait/cut-in for the P5 MC that takes up literally half the screen... does anyone know where I can find them...? I couldn't find them and I think they look really cool...

does anyone know what I am referring to...? Its those big half-screen MC cut-ins that happen during conversations and story dialogue...

MSMrRound

For those who heard Persona 5's credit song, where do you rank it among the other two. Personally it's my favorite one. P5>P3>P4. They're all great though.

3>4>5. Nevermore is iconic, but Memories of You just so resonated with me more, with P3FES being my first ever Persona game and what's not.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The portrait/cut-in for the P5 MC that takes up literally half the screen... does anyone know where I can find them...? I couldn't find them and I think they look really cool...

does anyone know what I am referring to...? Its those big half-screen MC cut-ins that happen during conversations and story dialogue...

Very minor spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/wF5QS

Go on a friendly video (unrelated) with ublock installed in chrome and use the asset picker to block the suggestion bar on youtube.

Then go to the Atlus USA channel and show him the E3 2016 trailer. Probably the best subbed trailer for the game.
Oh shit, I've been using uBlock all this time without knowing such a feature exists. Will do. Thanks!

Mengetsu

I saw a video in one of the many Persona threads awhile back with tips to know before you play Persona 5 showing off best ways to deal with SP and how the confidants work now with no spoilers but, can't find the video anymore. Anyone here can help a brother out if they know it?

Setsu00

I was going to bring this up. The complaints made me think back to P3 and P4 and I think it's funny that there are Yu-kiko and Do-ji-ma in the same game.

Sa-ka-moto does sound exceptionally silly and strenuous though.

It's especially egregious since Dojima is actually romanized as Doujima, which makes it obvious where the emphasis should be.

I mean I kinda get where the Sakamoto complaints come from, but it just feels so ingenuine to loudly complain about that one name when there have been similiar cases in the past.

ferunnico

Neo Member
Europe is expensive. Most games here cost that.

Is €69,99 the new standard in Europe? I rarely buy console games these days and the last two I bought (Horizon and Yakuza) were both €59,99, so I hadn't noticed until now. Is there any downside to buying Persona 5 from the US store?

artsi

Is €69,99 the new standard in Europe? I rarely buy console games these days and the last two I bought (Horizon and Yakuza) were both €59,99, so I hadn't noticed until now. Is there any downside to buying Persona 5 from the US store?

It's either 59€ or 69€ depending on the game, you're fine buying from US store as it's the same game. There are no additional languages in European version either.

The spoiler was a junior that posted the game's ending month and poorly guessed how long the game would be.

Luckily I never saw what it was, and it's been removed now.

Oh, so that's what happened, I bailed when I saw somebody mention untagged spoilers. I hope there aren't any acidents in the OT.

I've been on media blackout since E3 but every time I come across a pic or a gif it just hits me how great the game looks. I just love it, from the use of color to the character portraits, just everything, it looks so stylish and appealing, which combined with the notable increase in production values compared to the previous games makes for a package that is imo damn close to perfection. Great stuff.

Europe is expensive. Most games here cost that.

Yeah, I've been seeing 69.99 euro a lot since the gen started.

I got the Steel your Heart edition for 72 + shipping at amazon.fr. I remember placing several pre-orders every time a cheaper one popped up, seems like such a steel compared to paying 70 for the standard version, especially if it's digital. Did anyone here get the special edition cheaper?

Mediking

Persona Q's ending (among other things) sets up something that hasn't happened in any capacity yet, and it'll probably stay that way.

I like Persona Q. Has alotta potential as a spinoff thing. Lol but its brutal. I know we talked about this before but I can't stress enough how tough that game is.

Tunoku

I stopped playing that game after dungeon 3 or so. I really enjoyed my time with it, but other games just got in the way and I never got back to it. And at this point, I kinda don't wanna use my 3DS anymore. I was surprised how satisfying it was to draw the dungeon maps as i went through the game. I ended up developing a system and my maps looked really nice and organized. Maybe I should give Persona Q another shot.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Yes, but VAT has always been included in the price. Even when it cost less.
This said.. Sounds like the rest of Europe is catching up to Scandinavian game pricing.

Sorry, forgot the second part of my sentence. VAT is included here but I don't think sales tax is there. That's why games look cheaper.

I could be totally wrong though

So but please make a
Morganamobile
Atlus with the Atlus Logo and Persona 5 on top, like a cab. Way better marketing piece. And I'd totally want one and ride around in it.

(Shown in trailers and known, but spoilered just in case)

Pretty sure they had one at whatever last live event they did in Japan. I think it was TGS2016? Or maybe before that... Don't remember, but it does exists.

Top Bottom