• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

spiritfox

What difficulty were you at and what was your party's level? Seems that people are recommending to face one's first at around level 10.

Did it at lvl 9, Hard difficulty. 10 would be adequate, any lower and you'll have to be lucky with the paralysis skill he uses.

JPS Kai

My premium edition just came in the mail today. Do I open it and play it as soon as I finish reviewing Akiba's Trip, or do I leave it on the shelf and gaze longingly at it from time to time?

That dungeon 3
Elizabeth fight was pretty tough. Since she didn't have any weaknesses my magic attackers were pretty much useless for anything but item usage for about half the fight, once their SP ran down. At least physical attacks seem to have a pretty decent critical rate, which helps with it a little.

FluxWaveZ

Did it at lvl 9, Hard difficulty. 10 would be adequate, any lower and you'll have to be lucky with the paralysis skill he uses.

I think it's actually pretty doable at lower levels, now that I've defeated my second F.O.E. on hard with a level 7 team (this time without anyone dead at the end, too). Fuuka's Healing Breeze is a big help for this, though, and I don't know if Rise starts off with something that helpful.

Patra Gems are a necessity for that paralysis, though, and Mitsuru was there with the same skill. Tarunda was also necessary, or else I imagine the enemy would have wiped everyone out easily.

Playing on Normal, I think I was level 7ish

I see, so I think it's around there where I'd target it at, then. Team was at level 7 (except for Zen/Rei at 6) for my first one.

That dungeon 3
Elizabeth fight was pretty tough. Since she didn't have any weaknesses my magic attackers were pretty much useless once their SP ran down. At least physical attacks seem to have a pretty decent critical rate, which helps with it a little.

Does every character level or only ones you actively use?

spiritfox

I think it's actually pretty doable at lower levels, now that I've defeated my second F.O.E. on hard with a level 7 team (this time without anyone dead at the end, too). Fuuka's Healing Breeze is a big help for this, though, and I don't know if Rise starts off with something that helpful.

I see, so I think it's around there where I'd target it at, then. Team was at level 7 (except for Zen/Rei at 6) for my first one.

Rise has the skill which lets a person move first, though that FOE is so slow it's kinda useless for that fight. I think I ran out of SP before being able to make the kill on lower levels, so free healing is actually better there.

Luigi87

Just wondering what the FOE map marker is for, since FOEs continually show on your map once spotted?
Of course I've only done the first floor, so I know very little.

Got to play a little of this last night. Coming off playing the EO games a little earlier this year it's a little weird having so much dialogue/etc. with EO mechanics. Guessing I'll get used to it eventually though.

Quick question, though, can you disable the blue lines that show the the walls before you mark them yourselves but still keep the option to have the floor auto-filled (i.e. the paint tool)?

Hate to break it to you but it'll go up per level~

This is kind of bullshit. I preferred the Strange Journey method which was based on how much healing you needed. I just wanted a little healing earlier (my characters weren't that damaged) and she still wanted to charge me full price. So much for having money.

//ARCANUM

Okay so I can see how I can leave a note on the map - i leave the little red triangle and write in the note, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to tap on that triangle or any way to READ the note that I actually wrote. how do I do this?

Xenoflare

Can someone help me to locate the
FOE for Theo's arrow quest? I'm in the first floor and I've encountered 3 FOEs, I checked all the walls no arrows are qualified

Also when is the
cut off for this quest?

Okay so I can see how I can leave a note on the map - i leave the little red triangle and write in the note, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to tap on that triangle or any way to READ the note that I actually wrote. how do I do this?

Just keep trying, I've found tapping the triangles to be a little unresponsive.

Can someone help me to locate the
FOE for Theo's arrow quest? I'm in the first floor and I've encountered 3 FOEs, I checked all the walls no arrows are qualified

Also when is the
cut off for this quest?

You need Aigis in your party, she should tell you when you're in the right room. (solution)
In the room with the two FOEs, it's at the far back across some damage tiles.

Xenoflare

You need Aigis in your party, she should tell you when you're in the right room. (solution)

Huh.....
I thought I checked all the possible locations in that room, there were indeed dialogues indicating that it's the "right room"

Thanks a bunch anyways :3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You don't. When you're near the area the note pops up on the top screen. I've basically just used them to mark special things.

After much deliberation and trying some stuff out, I'm going with

P4MC Aigis Mitsuru
Yukari Yukiko

I really wanted P3MC to work out, but he seems too fragile for the front, but doesn't have the SP or skills for the back, or the weapon. I guess I'll grind him up late game?

Love when a game turns out better than expected. Love Persona, love EO, but the combination is better than I anticipated. It still, surprisingly, feels very much like a Persona experience.

I have to agree as an absolute huge Persona fan. Persona Q has really surprised me. Much better than I expected. I'm suppose to save this game for a trip we are about to take, but I can't stop playing it. I have stopped playing Dragon Age in favor of it.

epmode

Saw this too. Thought it was cool, but also thought why not just make it a fee to exit the dungeon, if the game is going to practically make sure you buy Goho-M's anyways.

Inn teleport items should be removed from Etrian Odyssey in favor of a free teleport skill. I mean, the benefit of having a teleport item so far outweighs the benefit of not having one (one free item slot, woooo) that there's no strategic choice to be made. The mechanic exists solely to punish inattentive players.

Now maybe if item slots were exceedingly valuable. ..say, if you could only carry ten in total. Then it might be an interesting choice. But I'd rather they just give you a free teleport.

Xenoflare

Ok now I have the
arrow sample, and Aigis told me to give it to Theodore?But nothing happens when I go to the nurse's office or the workshop. Do I just defeat that particular FOE?

Edit: Never mind I am retarded.

spiritfox

Inn teleport items should be removed from Etrian Odyssey in favor of a free teleport skill. I mean, the benefit of having a teleport item so far outweighs the benefit of not having one (one free item slot, woooo) that there's no strategic choice to be made. The mechanic exists solely to punish inattentive players.

Now maybe if item slots were exceedingly valuable. ..say, if you could only carry ten in total. Then it might be an interesting choice. But I'd rather they just give you a free teleport.

In earlier EO games, there were optional events that can cause you to lose your teleport item, which was... Interesting. Also, it made those trips where you realized you forgot to buy it more nailbiting. I don't mind having an infinite use item that costs money to use though, it takes a bit of micromanagement out of the game.

OceanBlue

Oh man, this second dungeon... I wish I could look at a dialogue dump of the place when I finish.

Edit: Eh I guess I'm not missing a significant amount of dialogue so it's not a huge deal.

Luigi87

Got to play a little of this last night. Coming off playing the EO games a little earlier this year it's a little weird having so much dialogue/etc. with EO mechanics. Guessing I'll get used to it eventually though.

Quick question, though, can you disable the blue lines that show the the walls before you mark them yourselves but still keep the option to have the floor auto-filled (i.e. the paint tool)?

Yes. Disabling Guides in the menu will turn off the blue wall lines, but the floor will still paint as you walk on it.

Is it rare? I didn't see a single one throughout the first labyrinth, even after going back and farming them for a while.

I've not had any problems getting Revival Beads, and I'm on the third floor of the first dungeon right now. They started showing up for me sometime on the second floor.

My Wild Cards Premium Edition just arrived!

Damn, the embossing/UV/raised print/whatever job on the box is super legit!

...Extremely fine work!

Thanks Atlus/Santa.

Wait for me, Chie!!!

robotrock

Banned
They come at level 12, so around what your party should be at that point anyway.

Most of the P3 cast have their original voices, but you interact with everyone regardless of which path you pick, so you'll hear everyone anyway.

Fuuka has a different voice. Ken's might be different, but there's no confirmation on that and he sounds similar enough. Everyone else is the same.

Thanks guys. Am I going to miss a substantial amount of dialogue if I pick one path over the other?

FluxWaveZ

Thanks guys. Am I going to miss a substantial amount of dialogue if I pick one path over the other?

Yes. I'm 6-7 hours into the game and I haven't met any Persona 4 characters yet, having started with the P3 side. Apparently, it's only initially and once the characters get together, you'll probably be missing out on less.

robotrock

Banned
Yes. I'm 6-7 hours into the game and I haven't met any Persona 4 characters yet, having started with the P3 side. Apparently, it's only initially and once the characters get together, you'll probably be missing out on less.

Very well. I suppose I could just check out the other path after I finish the game to see the content I missed in the beginning.

D-Man

I finally met up with the P4 peeps and I'm having the hardest time choosing a team now. I know I wanna have Kanji and Shinji on my team (both of them are my favorite characters from their respective game) but I'm having a tough time deciding what other two characters to take along with me.

Also, this being my first time playing an EO game, I really am loving the mapping mechanic. I thought I wasn't going to like it at first, but I got really into it once I reached the second floor of the first labyrinth. Something about seeing your small map turn into this huge complicated map because of your efforts is so satisfying.

Xenoflare

Why is the P3 protag "all around good" in the character selection where his stats clearly indicates that he's magic oriented?

Top Bottom