• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Xenoflare

Are there any HP/SP items that permeantly raises the max values other than accessories? Using DA MAN is getting a bit tiresome since his stats is just ugh.

Seda

Soo basically ignore Yu in place of having Naoto

Or is 3 in the back row (yukari/aigis/naoto) too much

um

All I'm saying is there is a late-game quest with a significant reward for having both MCs at level 55. I just wanted to mention it so people are sure to have both leveled as they trek through the game. It's not a missable quest.

Having to catch up P4MC because I neglected him was a little tedious (reward is worth it though), so I'm just letting people know about it.

Xenoflare

um

All I'm saying is there is a late-game quest with a significant reward for having both MCs at level 55. I just wanted to mention it so people are sure to have both leveled as they trek through the game. It's not a missable quest.

Having to catch up P4MC because I neglected him was a little tedious (reward is worth it though), so I'm just letting people know about it.

I'm sorry if this is mentioned earlier

But is this particular quest reward
tier 2 main personas?

Soulflarz

Banned
um

Fine :3

Makoto/Yu/Chie
Yukari/Aigis

That final puzzle in the third dungeon...
That was ridiculous, I have no idea how I was expected to figure that out without the explanation

Is 2 in the front row advisable?
A-and calling him squishy >.< So cute :3

Try Aigis up front. Her Swordbreaker skill will probably help your phys attackers more than your casters. If one of them really needs protection you could always pop off a Safeguard.

As for the P3MC, it's true lol. He's really fast and has a good magic stat so he works very well as a support/caster kind of character.

Soulflarz

Banned
Try Aigis up front. Her Swordbreaker skill will probably help your phys attackers more than your casters. If one of them really needs protection you could always pop off a Safeguard.

As for the P3MC, it's true lol. He's really fast and has a good magic stat so he works very well as a support/caster kind of character.

Hmm...I guess I could put her up front if only to mitigate damage for the other two. Should I keep Yukari (who has a lot of various spell types on her) or take naoto?

I find his little head tilt in conversations to be endearing.

T-thanks. I try :p

Remember Kirby is cuter than all of us

Hmm...I guess I could put her up front if only to mitigate damage for the other two. Should I keep Yukari (who has a lot of various spell types on her) or take naoto?

Whoever you prefer really. I know Naoto is faster so if speed is a concern choose her. Otherwise, I don't think it really matters.

Soulflarz

Banned
Whoever you prefer really. I know Naoto is faster so if speed is a concern choose her. Otherwise, I don't think it really matters.

Thanks! I'll stick with Yukari just to have a bit of variation

Soo, anyone have any idea on what a time limit for quests means? >.<

Totakeke

UeWOYW9.jpg

YV5obAm.jpg

Safety Prayer is a battle navi skill and Hunting Prayer is a exploration navi skill? That's not how I thought it works.

Gazoinks

I feel like the dialog's improved a lot from when I said it was caricature-ish. Started off that way, but it feels like it's settled now. The character interactions are really great, especially in Stroll mode.

Am I enjoying this game?

Soulflarz

Banned
I feel like the dialog's improved a lot from when I said it was caricature-ish. Started off that way, but it feels like it's settled now. The character interactions are really great, especially in Stroll mode.

Am I enjoying this game?

:333333
Theo being like that is hilarious

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I got this today and started playing although not much (don't even have a map yet haha).

I'm liking it quite a bit and makes me wish Etrian Odyssey had the same production values haha. I mean, fully modeled and animated characters for the skits instead of portraits, OMG!

I don't suppose many people are at this point yet, but does anyone have any advice for the quest (end of third dungeon) "
Convey a Secret Message
"?
I've got the hint that it's tied to the number of doors, and I assume that X is the secret passage in the starting room, but going through them in that order doesn't seem to do anything. After the last puzzle I'm expecting it to end up being something incredibly obtuse.

Soulflarz

Banned
O-oh.
My last trade was the cream soda to Kanji and Yosuke, but they'd already eaten the parfait so they gave me a bunch of chopsticks they had instead.

I gave them coffee, which energized them enough to finish the entire thing. And the grand prize for winning was.....a second one. lol

Alright y'all level with me.

I liked SMT IV, but didn't finish it I eventually got burned out on the monotony of the grind.

I liked Persona 4, but didn't finish I really didn't like the social grinding, and I hated that dumb filter when dungeon crawling.

I have never played Etrian Odyssey, but they seem like neat games.

Is there any chance of me completing this? I am hesitant before spending 50$. Also I am playing on a 2ds until the *new* 3ds comes out.

Soulflarz

Banned

I liked SMT IV, but didn't finish it I eventually got burned out on the monotony of the grind.

I liked Persona 4, but didn't finish I really didn't like the social grinding, and I hated that dumb filter when dungeon crawling.

Is there any chance of me completing this? I am hesitant before spending 50$. Also I am playing on a 2ds until the *new* 3ds comes out.

If you didnt beat those?
Nah.

Gazoinks

Maybe check out the EO4 demo on the e-shop and see if the gameplay style interests you at all.

Sophia

You might like it. There's no social aspect (outright, anyhow) and the dungeons are pretty good. It's also got five difficulty levels and you can adjust at almost any time, so you shouldn't have to do significant grinding unless you wanna stick with the same difficulty to the end.

I would do what Gazoinks suggested and try out the EO4 or EO Untold demo too.

Aeana

If you thought SMT4 was a grind, you'll probably feel the same way about this game.

I was thinking about getting this game since I really like Etrian Odyssey games, but I've never played/watched anything Persona before. Would the story be easy enough to follow?

Soulflarz

Banned
Lol was curious when it asked me who should be the leader
Theres no real choice in that scene. Makoto fought for Yu but Yu went nopelol

Also rise "I'll just call you Senpai"
I cant tell. Is she calling him Senpai because thats what she always calls him or because I named him "Yu Senpai"

Xenoflare

I need the music box aria of the souls when Marie reads her poems. IIRC it wasn't in the Golden OST when it was released.

Yeah, don't buy it.

edit: to be clear, I think SMT4 moves at a much faster pace than PQ.

Xenoflare

Just to confirm, growth 1 makes the user obtain 1.25x of battle exp and 0.25 battle exp when benched. Is that right?

Top Bottom