• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Xenoflare

Same here. They're taking all of the spaces for the new personas though, so I have to grind a lot to get most of the skills I want.

The problem is that I have too many high leveled ones from FOEs and I cannot fuse anything useful, the results are at least 5 levels ahead of me.

D-Man

I was doing really well in the second floor of the second dungeon. Staying away from FOEs, beating baddies, leveling up, getting new Personas, everything was going fine and dandy. I had more than half the map completed.

I get into a normal encounter. Familiar enemies. Nothing too bad.

My party DIES halfway through the battle. The last time I saved was when I found the stairs to the second floor.

Fuck this game.
I'll catch up on my lost progress tomorrow.

arue

The problem is that I have too many high leveled ones from FOEs and I cannot fuse anything useful, the results are at least 5 levels ahead of me.
That's my problem too. If I want to grind, I have to defeat FOEs, but then I get more personas from FOEs. It's an endless cycle @_@

Xenoflare

That's my problem too. If I want to grind, I have to defeat FOEs, but then I get more personas from FOEs. It's an endless cycle @_@

I know.

Oooh I wonder what new persona I would get.. ooooooh 7 levels ahead of me, ooooh nice skill. Nawp can't fuse it.

Aeana

Beat the first labyrinth. I wasn't really super prepared, and I did the last couple of rounds with no SP at all, but it was fun. At least I beat it on my first try. Building my party will be more interesting, now, too.

Soulflarz

Banned
Beat the first labyrinth. I wasn't really super prepared, and I did the last couple of rounds with no SP at all, but it was fun. At least I beat it on my first try. Building my party will be more interesting, now, too.

Yeah, I had no trouble whatsoever. The FOE was worse imho.

OceanBlue

Hmm, I had a lot of trouble with the first boss. I might've just been underleveled, or maybe I'm just not that good at RPGs lol.

Here's a QR code. :D
WEhsg3O.jpg

Xenoflare

Hmm, I had a lot of trouble with the first boss. I might've just been underleveled, or maybe I'm just not that good at RPGs lol.

Here's a QR code. :D

Thank you so much for this, I'm in need of a better support persona. I feel like cheating but whatever, this is a built in feature :p

OceanBlue

Thank you so much for this, I'm in need of a better support persona. I feel like cheating but whatever, this is a built in feature :p

Lol glad it was useful.

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't auto-save when making the QR code. That means you can waste a ton of Personas and money to make a really nice, high leveled Persona, make your QR code, reload your save, and read the QR code to get it in your Compendium :V. I probably won't do this but it'd be useful for people running into walls I guess.

Aeana

When the P3 and P4 casts meet up, the way they make fun of the archetypes being similar made me laugh. I particularly liked when
Chie confused Yosuke and Junpei.
It reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when the kids from Springfield and Shelbyville meet up.

Totakeke

Almost done with the 2nd labyrinth, and they seem to really try to be really soft on the player with the systems they're introducing. Also, I'm beating FOEs while clearing through the same levels, where's my threatening OHKO FOEs at?

FluxWaveZ

Also, I'm beating FOEs while clearing through the same levels, where's my threatening OHKO FOEs at?

I'm guessing that probably depends on one's difficulty level? They haven't been the simplest of encounters on Hard.

particularly liked when
Chie confused Yosuke and Junpei.

Hm, that must be exclusive to the P4 side version of that scene. There wasn't too much of an emphasis on the similar archetypes the very first time they meet each other on the P3 side; makes me look forward to playing the other side when I finish the game more.

Labrys

if I erase a section of the map will it color the floor/show the blue wall lines if I walk over it again?

I died and saved map data, but that didn't save percentage and I'd like to erase a bit so I know what I stepped on already.

Soulflarz

Banned
if I erase a section of the map will it color the floor/show the blue wall lines if I walk over it again?

I died and saved map data, but that didn't save percentage and I'd like to erase a bit so I know what I stepped on already.
Yes. But you have to walk over it all over again.

Labrys

Yes. But you have to walk over it all over again.

That's fine with me, thanks.

Also, are you encouraged/supposed to be switching out your team a lot or is it safe just sticking with a set team? I have aigis, shinji, koromaru and yukari and i haven't used the others so there's about 10 levels difference between them.

Soulflarz

Banned
That's fine with me, thanks.

Also, are you encouraged/supposed to be switching out your team a lot or is it safe just sticking with a set team? I have aigis, shinji, koromaru and yukari and i haven't used the others so there's about 10 levels difference between them.

Id presume sticking with a team, else this game will be boring as hell for me.

Soo, what level for the 2nd FOE?

desverger

Wait, this comes out today in europe and I haven't even heard of this game before?

What the hell Atlus!

With that said, should I pick this one up if absolutely love EO games, but haven't played a Persona game in my life?

spiritfox

The FOEs in the 1st labyrinth are less "kill you fast" and more "wear you down over a long time". I could handle then up to the point my SP ran out. I prefer the former, but they could come later, I guess.

Totakeke

Oh, I think I misunderstood "clearing through the same levels" as though you could defeat them when you were coming across them. Yeah, I think that's been about my experience as well with the F.O.Es.

In a way it is. I just go out of the dungeon while I'm clearing through them then hit them while I'm starting my exploration. Aside from not wanting to accidentally lose my exploration progress, I could have simply hit them on the way through the first time I'm seeing them as well. I can see players who didn't play EO before would just treat them as just another encounter on the map.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait, this comes out today in europe and I haven't even heard of this game before?

What the hell Atlus!

With that said, should I pick this one up if absolutely love EO games, but haven't played a Persona game in my life?

No. No. No!

Persona 3 FES. Now.

Anyways, I'm going to sleep. Party is now level 17, basically at the end of the first floor of dungeon 2.

Totakeke

The non-labyrinth sidequests and the strolls really make this to be so much more of a Persona game than I expected it to be. This also makes it seem that Atlus could make a Persona game without social links and it still wouldn't lose much of the spirit from P3/P4.

Zen and Rei doesn't seem that useful in the party aside from the healing, but it's worth keeping them in the party just to hear Rei's random quips about the enemies. The localization is great so far and much better than I expected.

The non-labyrinth sidequests and the strolls really make this to be so much more of a Persona game than I expected it to be. This also makes it seem that Atlus could make a Persona game without social links and it still wouldn't lose much of the spirit from P3/P4.

Zen and Rei doesn't seem that useful in the party aside from the healing, but it's worth keeping them in the party just to hear Rei's random quips about the enemies. The localization is great so far and much better than I expected.

I love Rei, but I find it very hard to give up the Persona leveling slot.

Maybe I'm easy to enterain but I just reached the spot where
your party has to drink the potion in order to shrink down to get through the little door. I play with the Persona 4 chracters and the following scene made me giggle like a little girl. The high pitched voices are hilarious and I literally had to laugh out loud when Junpei fell on Kanji.

Fandangox

Maybe I'm easy to enterain but I just reached the spot where
your party has to drink the potion in order to shrink down to get through the little door. I play with the Persona 4 chracters and the following scene made me giggle like a little girl. The high pitched voices are hilarious and I literally had to laugh out loud when
Junpei
fell on Kanji.

Can't tell if on purpose or not.

silva1991

Damn those
sword shadows they ambushed me on chapter 2 and I fought like 6 of them at once. if it weren't for Zen's frozen spear and Rise's abilities I would've been a goner lol

DKL

Killed the first dungeon boss on hard after 3 tries and it's like...

Man, that was a long fight. And I was running on fumes by the end of all 3 runs because you need to
use SP in order to kill minions, because the boss hits two random (?) people with a magic attack if you don't one shot the things... probably should have given everyone Hama or something, now that I think about it.

So far, I don't have magic attacks that hit multiple things and are tied to HP (the only resource in battle that currently feels plentiful). Not sure if this will be a thing in the future, but I'm hoping they at least give you more SP.

And, going by the initial levels of the P3 characters, I assume that I was under-leveled by like 3 or something going into that boss.

Anyway, really like everything so far except for the HP of that boss. I'm honestly not sure how I would have done that fight on Risky unless I grinded or used a guide or something.

(I was considering doing the game on Risky, but was too lazy to restart at the point I made the decision... the only encounter that started giving me trouble in the first dungeon was the
beetle
one because it
one-shots my characters and has two turns in one turn
... considering the lack of EXP gain from those, it didn't seem worth it to confront the thing on a regular basis... unless I derped and it was
actually weak to something other than ice
)

That said, now that the P3 characters are in, my waifu options expanded considerably.

My copy arrived. I'm having a conflict on if I should go P3 or P4. I'll probably play both at some point, but this is hard. I just realised I really don't like blue hair emo kid, I much prefer too young to be silver hair guy.

Edit: Picked P3 and on Risky. Pah who cares if I can't change it? Bring it game.

Kensuke

I really struggled against the first boss on risky. Took a couple of tries. I had to put P4MC on defense most of the time, as 1 Garula was enough to kill him. Finally at the second labyrinth now.

I also just learned link skills are insanely good for DPS. Basically it's free extra attacks.

Looking less and less likely that my copy will arrive today :( ShopTo dispatched it Wednesday but no sign so far. My only hope is that a neighbour took it in yesterday and has just forgotten to bring it round.

Dantis

Looking less and less likely that my copy will arrive today :( ShopTo dispatched it Wednesday but no sign so far. My only hope is that a neighbour took it in yesterday and has just forgotten to bring it round.

I just came here to ask if anyone had their copy yet.

I think they haven't dispatched them, and they're talking shit. Can't even get through to the phone line.

I just came here to ask if anyone had their copy yet.

I think they haven't dispatched them, and they're talking shit. Can't even get through to the phone line.

Thats the problem with it being the Tarot card version as well, slightly bigger so ShopTo dont do the automatic photo to prove its being sent out.

Top Bottom