• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Nothing more annoying than having the full party in boost only for a shadow to use a ma- attack.

Quick question: how careful do I have to be about using skill cards?

I have recarm and media at the moment and I wanna use them on Naoto so she has healing, are they gone forever once used? Are you able to get more? Can you just overwrite them with other skill cards?

There's a feature that opens up later that makes it easy to obtain more, not sure about overwriting, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't.

OceanBlue

LOL, holy shit Shura Tensei is fun. I'm at level 38 and Shura Tensei makes P4MC's Frost Link do 160 + 320 + 320 each turn with Double Link. It basically requires you to do the same thing each turn for 4 characters though lol (2 slower characters need to trigger Frost Link, 1 character needs to do dedicated healing on P4MC). Luckily I'm using Aigis and Kanji so they both can trigger links.

Naoto is broken oh my god

Yeah, I'm using Naoto too and she's awesome at clearing labyrinth mobs. She's worth using just for that, but her MAG/SPD are also really good. Too bad her SP is lower than P4MC's.

Wilsongt

Finally got to the end of the 1st dungeon... Switched in to easy because I was ready to move forward and fuck those beatles. Will switch it back to normal. I wasn't using Yosuke, Teddie, Or Naoto so they are level 1 and everyone else is 12... Time to grind them up...

Bardiche

Whoa, what a spike in difficulty
during the 3rd dungeon
. Still trying to figure out how to the get the
lights to turn on after seeing the note in the reference room while dealing with shadows that use corrosion skills.

daydream

Banned
So, is there missable content (sidequests, etc.) in this? There's not too much to miss in the EO games, right, so I reckon the same applies for PQ?

I already know about the lvl 55 thing for both MCs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So cleared the 2nd floor of the first dungeon. I feel like I should eventually switch my party members so Yosuke, Teddie, & Naoto can get leveled up.....though maybe I should wait until the P3 characters appear.

Status effects and binds are super useful against FOEs. Managed to beat one pretty easily by making it panicked and going nuts.

Poison is excellent against FOEs and bosses if you can land it.

Further, if this game is following EO's method of handling rares, you can bind their legs/agility bind them to keep them from fleeing. I haven't had an opportunity to try it in PQ yet.

Zareka

This dungeon 2 mini boss is kicking my ass.

I love it so much.

Edit: bit late to this but yeah my ShopTo preorder didn't arrive today either, even though they said it was dispatched yesterday. Really strange considering I ordered Freedom Wars 3 days before release, and it STILL arrived a day early. They took 2 days to deliver an Xbone.

Seen people complaining about other games too so it makes me wonder if something messed up at ShopTo. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll be getting on to them.

Naoto has high Magic, Speed and Luck. No weakness, and immune to Light/Dark too.

She's extremely powerful here, unlike in P4 Vanilla. Don't leave home without a Naoto.

OceanBlue

B-but what about Aigis then
Lol I'm using Aigis too. I put her in the front because people here said it's okay and she's been fine. It's not like she's squishy.
Naoto has high Magic, Speed and Luck. No weakness, and immune to Light/Dark too.

She's extremely powerful here, unlike in P4 Vanilla. Don't leave home without a Naoto.
Oh yeah the no weaknesses thing is really important. Naoto is way too good lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
Lol I'm using Aigis too. I put her in the front because people here said it's okay and she's been fine. It's not like she's squishy.

O-okay, Im going to resist the urge to d'aw at the idea of them being squishy (theyre all so cute!) but youre saying screw Chie get Aigis in the front, and put naoto in (presumably back?)

Nimby

Banned
Played 4 hours straight since I got it today. Lots of fun, currently using:

Front: Yu, Kanji, Chie
Back: Naoto/Yosuke, Yukiko/Teddie

The battle system is way more enjoyable than Strange Journey.

OceanBlue

O-okay, Im going to resist the urge to d'aw at the idea of them being squishy (theyre all so cute!) but youre saying screw Chie get Aigis in the front, and put naoto in (presumably back?)
Lol nah I'm just saying you can use Aigis, Naoto, and Yukari on a team of you wanted to. At least, it's been fine up to where I'm at.

It also feels like a lot more enemies are weak to light and dark here, at least if the beginning is anything to go by. Naoto is really strong.

SoulUnison

Banned
I wish I could use a six person team...

5 people feels so limiting when I have the entire parties of both games available and I already felt limited by four person parties in their original games.

I'm never going to use Zen and Rei because I have to many characters I already know and love struggling to fit into the party rotation.

Soulflarz

Banned
"how would you express your feelings to the one you like?"
A) tell them in person
B) Slug it out at a riverbed

Dungeon 2 question spoilers I cant stop laughing

Gazoinks

That's expected, since they're still assistants. I got my first accident on my third fusion.

You might have something there. I got through all of P4 without any accidents, and Marge just gave me two in a row. Both upgrades though, so I'm alright if she keeps messing up. :p

They were both from trying to fuse a Phoenix too...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol Japanese QR codes for Persona Q can't be used with the English/American version.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey, some party advice needed here.

I just reached the second floor of the first labyrinth (yeah I've been short on time lately) and my party consists of front row P4MC, Chie, Teddy and Yukiko and Naoko on the back row. Noticed reserve characters don't get exp, so I am asking, is this a good setup?

Soulflarz

Banned

I just reached the second floor of the first labyrinth (yeah I've been short on time lately) and my party consists of front row P4MC, Chie, Teddy and Yukiko and Naoko on the back row. Noticed reserve characters don't get exp, so I am asking, is this a good setup?

Youll probably live. I mean,
it expands very soon, soo

Growth 1, which is a 25% bonus, doesnt seem to apply? Does it only work on members not in my party?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sounds like I should put Naoto into my party. Maybe I'll switch her out for Yukiko. Just try to have it so I can have all elemental attacks at hand.

OuterLimits

This game is more impressive than I thought it would be. Started with P3 cast since I prefer them over P4. Just started the game. So,do you need to beat the FOE on the floor to get 100%? I can't get the treasure chest on first floor since I only have 97%. Perhaps I missed a spot somewhere.

Probably prefer Etrian Odyssey more, but this will be a blast as well.

Corpekata

Banned
This game is more impressive than I thought it would be. Started with P3 cast since I prefer them over P4. Just started the game. So,do you need to beat the FOE on the floor to get 100%? I can't get the treasure chest on first floor since I only have 97%. Perhaps I missed a spot somewhere.

Probably prefer Etrian Odyssey more, but this will be a blast as well.

Just need to uncover the map for those chests. When you check the chest it should show on your map the general area you have left to cover.

Alright, so I'm in a pickle on the fourth floor of the third labyrinth.

I trapped the doll FOE (that followed me) through two lights, now I'm looking for a way to unlock a door by finding books related to algebra. One of the books can't be read because the room is too dark, and I am unable to find a light switch to be able to read it. Furthermore, there is another door which takes a Darkness key that I am unable to find, as the majority of my path is blocked by FOEs, and light switches are either not there or I am missing them entirely. Is there a guide somewhere that can help me through this part of the floor, or do I just keep plodding away? I would appreciate all the help I can get~

Don't worry too much about your setup just yet, you'll get more options after the first labyrinth.

I hear Teddie's stats are kinda weak so maybe swap him for Kanji? I started with the P3 cast so I can't give any personal recommendations for the first part but Kanji's a powerhouse on my team now.

Alright, so I'm in a pickle on the fourth floor of the third labyrinth.

I trapped the doll FOE (that followed me) through two lights, now I'm looking for a way to unlock a door by finding books related to algebra. One of the books can't be read because the room is too dark, and I am unable to find a light switch to be able to read it. Furthermore, there is another door which takes a Darkness key that I am unable to find, as the majority of my path is blocked by FOEs, and light switches are either not there or I am missing them entirely. Is there a guide somewhere that can help me through this part of the floor, or do I just keep plodding away? I would appreciate all the help I can get~

The algebra puzzle is the very last thing you do in the dungeon, you can't solve it until the electric locked door opens. You're probably missing some light switches or shortcuts, just keep looking around until you find them. Full map if it helps: http://i.imgur.com/7Vgobok.jpg, exclamation marks are light switches and darkness keys aren't shown though. Ignore the numbers too, they're unrelated.

If that door is open for you:
The algebra puzzle is really horrible, if you can't figure it out, just walk through the doors in the square until the game tells you the solution

LX_Theo

Banned
Is it difficult leveling people up to a reasonable level to help? I've been rolling a team and am starting to get a bit ahead of everyone else. At the same time, I'm questioning the people I have on my team, so I don't want to get to far ahead of everyone else.

The algebra puzzle is the very last thing you do in the dungeon, you can't solve it until the electric locked door opens. You're probably missing some light switches or shortcuts, just keep looking around until you find them. Full map if it helps: http://i.imgur.com/7Vgobok.jpg, exclamation marks are light switches and darkness keys aren't shown though. Ignore the numbers too, they're unrelated.

If that door is open for you:
The algebra puzzle is really horrible, if you can't figure it out, just walk through the doors in the square until the game tells you the solution

I guess my follow up question is: how do I unlock the electric door? I've unlocked the two doors requiring Darkness Keys, and Akihiko says that I have all three pages of the algebra puzzle.

Totakeke

I think I would have saved about 20% of my game time if I didn't have a completionist attitude to getting every Persona. Most of them don't give any meaningful spells anyway and most of them don't differ much from one another. You don't use the stats on them except for HP and MP too and those aren't too big of a deal within 10 levels or so.

I definitely need like 30 persona slots instead of just 14.

Top Bottom