• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Dantis

Got through to ShopTo. Guy on the other end of the phone was pretty useless. He seemed to think it was dispatched on Wednesday though.

Got through to ShopTo. Guy on the other end of the phone was pretty useless. He seemed to think it was dispatched on Wednesday though.

The only odd thing I remember about this one (other than the lack of a photo) was that I only received an email saying it was dispatched when usually they send an email and a text message.

Thank you so much for this, I'm in need of a better support persona. I feel like cheating but whatever, this is a built in feature :p

You bought the game so you play it in the way that brings you the most joy. As long as it's not affecting others(online) , use cheats or whatever you call them to make your play through fun for you.

As you said, it's a built in feature so...

Probably a stupid question, but what does the bar on the right side of battle do? I'm guessing it's some sort of all out attack, but I must have skipped the tutorial.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't know if I'll be changing my party up at all before I get to where the P4 team joins me.
So far, P3MC/Akihiko/Shinjiro/Yukari/ReiZen is working great.
But looking at their skills, I may replace Shinjiro with Kanji, and then ReiZen with Naoto. Maybe.

Soulflarz

Banned
Lol, I love that everyones weak to dark, and using darkness on all takes less than my sub personas sp buff soo

this would never be abusable.
Actually it wouldnt, no good EXP to be had. I'm 17 on the first floor of dungeon two still, I think I'm overleveled.

spiritfox

Lol, I love that everyones weak to dark, and using darkness on all takes less than my sub personas sp buff soo

this would never be abusable.
Actually it wouldnt, no good EXP to be had. I'm 17 on the first floor of dungeon two still, I think I'm overleveled.

Given that you're supposed to do the boss around 10, yes you are.

Haven't received my pre order from them either. Very strange as they have always arrived on Thursday in the past.

Haven't received my pre order from them either. Very strange as they have always arrived on Thursday in the past.

Quick search on Twitter and it looks like others are complaining about the game not arriving from ShopTo as well. Seems odd that its just this one game, otherwise I would just assume that its Royal Mail starting to get busy.

Soulflarz

Banned
Interesting how everyone has preset quotes to avoid calling the protags by name, but when Yu dies, Chie straight up says "Oh no, we cant have Yu down!" (and in the context she would have called him leader/vice leader, not "you", so yeah...Yu?)

Quick search on Twitter and it looks like others are complaining about the game not arriving from ShopTo as well. Seems odd that its just this one game, otherwise I would just assume that its Royal Mail starting to get busy.

I still have SMT IV to finish so it isn't a huge deal but it is weird that it's just this game. I was actually going to go to my post office tomorrow to see if they had it but I guess I'll just wait it out if other people are experiencing the same thing.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting how everyone has preset quotes to avoid calling the protags by name, but when Yu dies, Chie straight up says "Oh no, we cant have Yu down!" (and in the context she would have called him leader/vice leader, not "you", so yeah...Yu?)

That can't be right. It would have to be "you", if that's what she says.

do the strolls actually do anything? or are they just for fun/character story stuff?

side note, I love the fact that there are physical elemental attacks now, makes it so easy having all the bruisers I want on my team (Kanji, Akihiko, Shinjiro represent!)

sieffer

I never received my pre-order from shop to either, apparently shipped on Wednesday, back order on the site also, maybe they didn't get enough copies or something.

Had a look around and there are others complaining they didn't receive Smash Bros and Pokémon either, maybe Royal Mail dropped the ball.

I never received my pre-order from shop to either, apparently shipped on Wednesday, back order on the site also, maybe they didn't get enough copies or something.

Im starting to wonder if thats true and there has either been a mistake and everyone's preorder was set to dispatched or they are purposely bullshitting us because they didnt have enough stock to cover their preorders for the Tarot card edition.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, WTF is with Teardrop being on my slowest goddamn character? -.-
I just realized it only debuffed for the current turn. No wonder killing the FOEs was taking so long.

Ourobolus

Banned
Leader Skills, Leader Skills, Leader Skills!

Is annoying though.

Yeah, don't have anything that boosts that yet (I went P3 - I think Rise gets something like that though). Hopefully I can pick up some good ones for that soon. But I'm definitely not knocking Healing Breeze. Shit's been a godsend during Risky.

TimmiT

Seems like here in the Netherlands the game is either sold out or stores didn't get it yet. Game Mania changed the release date to December 5th and it looks like a lot of online stores don't have it in stock.

PK Gaming

My goodness, physical skills dominate in this game.

I have my 4tagonist set up with Swift Strike + Power Charge. His crit is ludicrously high, so if he manages to crit and stay in boost state, he gets to set up Power Charge for free.

BlackJace

I hope they carry on the character conversations during battle into Persona 5, gives battles more personality.

"Think of me only as a woman, and you won't live to regret it..."

Xenoflare

My goodness, physical skills dominate in this game.

I have my 4tagonist set up with Swift Strike + Power Charge. His crit is ludicrously high, so if he manages to crit and stay in boost state, he gets to set up Power Charge for free.

Power charge is still the king bitch, even with that SP cost. Just use it during boosts

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What triggers all out attacks? I feel like i accidentally skipped the tutorial for this.
According to the e-manual:

"When multiple characters are boosted, your companions may give you a prompt. Any character, except for the main character, can perform a follow-up attack".

I guess 3+ characters have to be boosted? It doesn't feel really consistent, especially compared to P3 & P4. I keep thinking hitting enemies with their weakness will stun them & eventually let me do the All-Out Attack, like in P3/4.

OceanBlue

Lol, just found out that you can
redo the questions
in the second dungeon. I probably would have never noticed if I didn't have to defeat FOEs here.

Edit: Post-dungeon 2 spoiler I guess?

Quick question: how careful do I have to be about using skill cards?

I have recarm and media at the moment and I wanna use them on Naoto so she has healing, are they gone forever once used? Are you able to get more? Can you just overwrite them with other skill cards?

Top Bottom