• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Thanks for helping with the list, guys. I think these are the only ones I am not sure of:

Code:
Level	Arcana	Persona	Skill Card
51	Devil	Belial	?
56	Tower	Mara	?
62	Hermit	Arahabaki	Life Wall?
66	Chariot	Atavaka	?
71	Judgement	Michael	Punishment?
71	Hermit	Ongyo-Ki	Quadruple Link?
74	Hanged Man	Attis	?
78	Death	Mahakala	Brutal Slash?
80	Moon	Sandalphon	Primal Force?
86	Sun	Asura	Shura Instincts?
87	Judgement	Armored Zeus	?
89	Judgement	Ardha	Golden Link?
93	Judgement	Lucifer	?

I think Mara is Maragidyne, although I'm not 100% on it.

Belial is Lemegeton, which raises the power of summons in circles.

I'm assuming that "Summon Demifiend" for Lucifer was fake then.

Ourobolus

Banned
I think Mara is Maragidyne, although I'm not 100% on it.

Belial is Lemegeton, which raises the power of summons in circles.

I'm assuming that "Summon Demifiend" for Lucifer was fake then.

I don't know if it was fake, I just didn't see a solid reference for it anywhere.

Also MaDa is Maragidyne, not Mara.

Ourobolus

Banned
Think I solved a few more. Here's what's left.

Code:
56	Tower	Mara	?   Extends duration of all negative status on all foes for 3 turns. This move does not stack with itself (I'm positive I've seen this skill already but cannot remember the name)
66	Chariot	Atavaka	?   Cancels Shura Rebirth, restores hp. 
71	Judgement	Michael	Punishment?
74	Hanged Man	Attis	?   Slightly restores SP of party for every step taken in the dungeon
80	Moon	Sandalphon	Primal Force?
87	Judgement	Armored Zeus	?  Low chance for a single target offensive skill's damage to spread to adjacent foes. (I think this is the same as Shinjiro's Ultimate Skill, but I don't know the English name)
93	Judgement	Lucifer	?  Increases Critical hit chance for 3 turns  (this one is weird, since Critical Eye is already Ose's Skill Card, and Lucifer isn't DLC so there shouldn't be a double?)
I'm almost 100% on Punishment and Primal Force though.
I added the descriptions for the ones I'm missing to see if that helps.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love those "EO Moments" you get in these games. You know, where you push through a dungeon, push some more, get a bunch of stuff, oh, maybe I'll go a little further... no problem... then bam, you meet an enemy and you know you are dead and all that stuff you captured is going to be wasted. YOU CANNOT RUN FROM THIS ENEMY. I should have known better.

GAF, I request your help. In dungeon 4, on floor 2,
there is a room in the north where I have to bypass a patrolling FOE, because that seems to be the only path forward. I can't find a way past it, and the fire doesn't last long enough to go the other way around.

Edit: Wait, I figured it out.
I didn't realize it wouldn't attack me while I had fire even if I walked straight at it.

Serrato

I just started playing and I'm wondering, is there any XP sharing of do I have to use every char to lvl them up? if that's the case, the Protagonist gotta have a leap over everyone at some point.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just started playing and I'm wondering, is there any XP sharing of do I have to use every char to lvl them up? if that's the case, the Protagonist gotta have a leap over everyone at some point.

What I did was the moment I was able to buy Growth 1 accessories in the Workshop, I put one on each of my reserve characters. I'm mostly going to use them for NG+, so the XP will help when that comes around rather than in this game.

Thanks for this man. It's awesome.

Thanks. I submitted it to GameFAQs in its unfinished state from like an hour ago - now I just need to figure out what those last few skills are and we'll be golden.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea what Lemegeton does.

Sweet, someone from GameFAQs hooked me up. Now I just need:
What does Lemegeton do?
Is Armored Zeus's skill called Whirlwind Swing, like Shinjiro?

All right, submitted to GameFAQs. I left the skill as "Whirlwind Swing" until I can get confirmation.

In case anyone was wondering, Lucifer's is "Mind's Eye" - Raises Critical hit rate for 3 turns (party)

bobohoro

Great work!

And right on time, just unlocked the ability to create skill cards.

On the topic of mudo/hama:
I would have Naoto with impure reach and mamudo/mahama as well as P3MC with impure reach and mahama. I mean, it destroys random mobs with ease. But I guess you don't get as many boosts, or all-out finishes, which will net you less personas and exp-boni in the long run, right?

I find it kinda surprising how inefficient and weak magic is in this game. Spells cost a ton of SP, which isn't as easy to get back as HP, and most of the time don't do much more damage than the cut/bash/pierce-variants of the same element. I find myself ditching most elemental spells on personas and rarely use them at all.

Overall Persona Q kinda surprised me. I mean, I love Persona and like EO, but the fusion of it really makes for something special. I would love to see another try at this, maybe with original, fleshed-out characters, a better story in terms of presentation and some tweaks to the gameplay.

Ourobolus

Banned
Great work!

And right on time, just unlocked the ability to create skill cards.

On the topic of mudo/hama:
I would have Naoto with impure reach and mamudo/mahama as well as P3MC with impure reach and mahama. I mean, it destroys random mobs with ease. But I guess you don't get as many boosts, or all-out finishes, which will net you less personas and exp-boni in the long run, right?
Not at all. A ton of enemies are weak to mudo/hama.

bobohoro

But that's my problem! They all die with the first hit, since Naoto's AG is high, which means I only get one boost and never an all-out-attack. I guess I could boost the others on the first turn while Naoto defends, spotlight Naoto in turn two and finish the fight that way, but that seems kinda inefficient. Well, gotta try. It would be a bit easier if single target spells weren't overwritten by group spells, since I could just pick off single enemies to boost Naoto and leave those with exploitable elemental weaknesses that fit the other characters.

And I know that it's a rather silly problem somehow. :D

Ourobolus

Banned
But that's my problem! They all die with the first hit, since Naoto's AG is high, which means I only get one boost and never an all-out-attack. I guess I could boost the others on the first turn while Naoto defends, spotlight Naoto in turn two and finish the fight that way, but that seems kinda inefficient. Well, gotta try. It would be a bit easier if single target spells weren't overwritten by group spells, since I could just pick off single enemies to boost Naoto and leave those with exploitable elemental weaknesses that fit the other characters.

And I know that it's a rather silly problem somehow. :D

That's true. I usually queue up a bunch of other boost skills since not everything is weak to hama/mudo. At least gives me a chance on some fights to get personas. But still, I'm mid-dungeon 4 and still get plenty of opportunities to get personas after a fight.

Worst case scenario, go take out a bunch of FOEs and get some good personas!

bigkrev

Dumb Question (and I'm only 90 minutes in), but on Normal Difficulty, can I basically just keep the same party the entire game if I want? Or should I be swapping people in and out and keeping everyones levels consistant?

Seda

Dumb Question (and I'm only 90 minutes in), but on Normal Difficulty, can I basically just keep the same party the entire game if I want? Or should I be swapping people in and out and keeping everyone's levels consistent?

You can keep the same party, using sub-persona to cover different abilities when you need them.

Some characters might be worth changing out when you get the full team though.

bigkrev

You can keep the same party, using sub-persona to cover different abilities when you need them.

Alright, cool. I don't want to use dumb characters like Junpei or Aigas if I don't have to!

Does Theo sells Balm of Life in the future? I'm in a request boss battle right now and I only have one as a resource of reviving, so I'm thinking of using it and buying some when they're available or just resetting.
Alright, cool. I don't want to use dumb characters like Junpei or Aigis if I don't have to!
Yup.

Tidd

Dungeon 3 2nd Floor

OMG THIS FUCKING DOLL JUST SCARED ME TO DEATH. :( I didn't expect something like this from an jRPG. I hate this place >.< (which means I like it because it's SOO creepy)

Edit;
Just thought "Now I know what's awaiting me" Nope one step further and it scared me again lol

Soulflarz

Banned
Dungeon 3 2nd Floor

OMG THIS FUCKING DOLL JUST SCARED ME TO DEATH. :( I didn't expect something like this from an jRPG. I hate this place >.< (which means I like it because it's SOO creepy)

Edit;
Just thought "Now I know what's awaiting me" Nope one step further and it scared me again lol

RIP >.>

bobohoro

Alright, cool. I don't want to use dumb characters like Junpei or Aigas if I don't have to!

Come on now! Chibiaigis is the best character in the game.

how long is this game btw? i love persona but dont like this kind of dungeon style type games

Most estimates I've seen were around 60-80 hours. Based on my experience with EO games I'd say that's fairly accurate.

Also I love characters' reactions to enemies. One time I confronted some Phantom Mages and Akihiko said "Wow, nice style!" or something like that in reference to the cape he uses in P4A.

Reactions to status effects are also pretty great. P4MC screaming for Nanako when he gets confused had me confused as well.

Kensuke

Aigis with swordbreaker, life wall and immunity buffer is the ultimate tank. She eats up enemy attacks for breakfast. If I don't feel like tanking she can also dish out some pain with Shura Tensei and Zanshinken. I was hitting Old Doll for 1500 damage with those skills.

Man Yukari needs to chill, leave Junpei alone dammnit

Stupei gonna stup.

I'm at the third labyrinth, but I haven't started it yet. I feel like I should move beyond my core of P3MC, Akihiko, Aigis, Yukari, and Naoto, especially since Koromaru has a weapon that can inflict poison damage available in the shop, but I like this group.

Oh my god, (stroll spoilers? lol)
all the P4 guys acting like being on heaven just by knowing there's a girl in the group who can actually cook something decent.
Reactions to status effects are also pretty great. P4MC screaming for Nanako when he gets confused had me confused as well.
Does he seriously says that?! lol And yeah, Yosuke's reaction to poison is pretty funny as well. "This isn't as bad as Mystery Food X..."

ijed

Dungeon 3 2nd Floor

I know where they are and I even mark them on the map but they still scare the bejeezus out of me >_<

Also jumping on the PQ avatar train

Just finished Story 2 of Dungeon 3... could not for the life of me figure out how to sneak by the two FOEs that come down the hall near the area with the squeaky floors
ended up killing the first one so I could dodge the second

Mark all the squeaky floors then lure the first up the side to fall asleep then go around it, wake it up then lure it around the bottom until it falls asleep. Then lure the 2nd one to the other door and make a beeline up the corridor

GeekyDad

Dumb Question (and I'm only 90 minutes in), but on Normal Difficulty, can I basically just keep the same party the entire game if I want? Or should I be swapping people in and out and keeping everyones levels consistant?

And to add to that, it seems some sidequests (requests) require various characters to be added to your party during said quests.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I can't figure out this damn queen of hearts. Feels like I inevitably run out of sp and fall to the infinite wall of soldiers eventually. I heard tell of someone poisoning her, is that or curse a viable strategy?

I was playing on hard and had to drop to normal. Nothing I casted at her would stick... stun, poison, strength or intelligence binds... miss miss miss miss miss. Every level gave me an edge but I just didn't want to grind it.

Hmm, is the door unlocking puzzle on 3-4 a bit vague or did I not pick up all the clues? I have:

The three lines of +/- a, b, c, d.
The clues that basically tells you to think of the four rooms as a cartesian plane and how it's oriented.

But I can't quite figure out how it all fits together. Do I have everything I need to solve it, or should I start poking around previously explored corners for more clues/hints?

I'm kind of surprised Naoto hasn't just offered to solve it for you like the schedule puzzle.

Can someone help me out? Third Labyrinth third floor
I already found the stairs and walked on everything else, and I'm at 92% of the floor, so I checked to see which place was left and...
IMG_20141208_195533.jpg
So there's this shortcut from the other side, okay, but how do I get to that side? The only way I can think of is the restroom from the other room, but when I interact with it nothing happens and I can't find another way to get to the other side.

Also this Yu is way better than the Arena one.

Sera O

Banned
So there's this shortcut from the other side, okay, but how do I get to that side? The only way I can think of is the restroom from the other room, but when I interact with it nothing happens and I can't find another way to get to the other side.

I can't see your images, but if you're talking about the NW area
just continue on, there are two sets of stairs between F3 and F4.

Hmm, is the door unlocking puzzle on 3-4 a bit vague or did I not pick up all the clues?

Do I have everything I need to solve it, or should I start poking around previously explored corners for more clues/hints?

Yes you have what you need in terms of clues found around the floor, but you may have missed something. Hint:
check the four small rooms
- that's probably enough to get you going.

BIG HINT if you are still stuck:
not all of the algebra message is meant to be useful - you can end up making it more complicated than it actually is if you get distracted by it

Hmm, is the door unlocking puzzle on 3-4 a bit vague or did I not pick up all the clues? I have:

The three lines of +/- a, b, c, d.
The clues that basically tells you to think of the four rooms as a cartesian plane and how it's oriented.

But I can't quite figure out how it all fits together. Do I have everything I need to solve it, or should I start poking around previously explored corners for more clues/hints?

I'm kind of surprised Naoto hasn't just offered to solve it for you like the schedule puzzle.

It sounds like you have everything you need to solve it.

Answer:
Walk through the "quadrants" (rooms) in the order specified when you take the math signs two at a time.

Can someone help me out? Third Labyrinth third floor
I already found the stairs and walked on everything else, and I'm at 92% of the floor, so I checked to see which place was left and...

Also this Yu is way better than the Arena one.

Progress where you can through the dungeon and this will take care of itself.

OK, apparently if you walk back and forth between the rooms long enough, they DO take pity on you and it turns out that
I got way too focused on the letters
and I had written down one of the clues incorrectly, so it made no sense/was impossible the way I had it written down.

Laconic

Banned
I restarted, on Risky.

But I elected to use the P3 crew, this time.

Yeah... the game is a metric ton easier with the P3 kids - easier on Risky than the P4 kids on Hard.

Soulflarz

Banned
I restarted, on Risky.

But I elected to use the P3 crew, this time.

Yeah... the game is a metric ton easier with the P3 kids - easier on Risky than the P4 kids on Hard.

All I know is that I'm on normal and on 3-3 and ive been presented no *real* trouble yet...

Top Bottom