• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm pretty bad with Fusion Chart stuff, can someone please let me know if there are any combinations to create Turdak that involve Orpheus Telos? I want to move my Link skills over so that I can actually get Orpheus's own skills on him

Fool + Temperance = Death
Fool + Lovers = Death

So...I think...
Orpheus Telos (26) + Mithra (27)
Orpheus Telos (26) + Queen Mab (24)

Turdak is Lv 27, and the previous Death person is Lv 22, so you just need an average of 23-27 with the two you're fusing.

Fool + Temperance = Death
Fool + Lovers = Death

So...I think...
Orpheus Telos (26) + Mithra (27)
Orpheus Telos (26) + Queen Mab (24)

Turdak is Lv 27, and the previous Death person is Lv 22, so you just need an average of 23-27 with the two you're fusing.

Thanks! that should be easy enough

Also, another quick question. I haven't unlocked the ability to get skill cards from Personas yet, so what is the actual process like? How do you get them?

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, another quick question. I haven't unlocked the ability to get skill cards from Personas yet, so what is the actual process like? How do you get them?

The Persona has to learn the skill, then you pay a fee to extract the card, but removing the persona. Each Persona teaches one specific skill.

The Persona has to learn the skill, then you pay a fee to extract the card, but removing the persona. Each Persona teaches one specific skill.

Ahh so you basically kill the persona to learn the skill, you just gotta know which skill is the one they offer.

So can you theoretically just keep buying the persona from the compendium and make multiple copies of the skill?

Ourobolus

Banned
Ahh so you basically kill the persona to learn the skill, you just gotta know which skill is the one they offer.

So can you theoretically just keep buying the persona from the compendium and make multiple copies of the skill?

I believe so. I don't think there's a limit.
And the menu in the Velvet Room will tell you which skill it is.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guess I might be a bit underlevelled for the 1st Boss since I'm switching my party around...

Guess the idea is to get Boosted off the Card Soldiers, and hit the Queen with my strongest spells without cost, right? Also as I see above, I guess I'll go get Kanji since he has a Poison-skill.

Majestad

Banned
For those who have finished the game, is it really a 80+ hour game?
Some of my backlog has been cleared, so this game is on my list next.

batfax

My final time ended up being just shy of 70 hours at level 61. That said, that's only for the first run through of the game on the P3 side, and I've only just started the P4 side.

My final playtime was about 70 hours, doing all available sidequests and fully mapping every floor, and I've still got a bit of stuff I want to do before moving onto the P4 side

Shizuka

Yeah you can. Although strangely enough I've heard someone say that they can't. I'm playing a PAL version on a New 3DS if that changes anything.

And how do you do that? I never did all the Miiverse stuff before. How do I get them here or on my PC?

ramyeon

And how do you do that? I never did all the Miiverse stuff before. How do I get them here or on my PC?
You press the home button when you want to screenshot, go into Miiverse and post it. To get it on your PC from there you have to visit Miiverse on your computer browser and save it.

Shizuka

Shizuka you make me wana play Umineko :/ Finished Higurashi a few months ago

paafecto.gif

You press the home button when you want to screenshot, go into Miiverse and post it. To get it on your PC from there you have to visit Miiverse on your computer browser and save it.

Every time I tried this, I'd get all the way to Miiverse only to be told screenshots had been disabled. I don't know if maybe it blocks screenshots during cutscenes/skits or something, because those are the only times I tried.

Zareka

Holy crap, the second floor of dungeon 3 is MURDERING this game for me. Almost every single encounter starts as an enemy advantage, and at least one of my party is dead by the time I get to move, and even then my speed/hit rate has been nuked to hell so even more people are dead by the time I get to move.

Part of it is because I'm starting again from a week or two break, but god damn. It doesn't even feel challenging at this point, just a straight up battle with RNG.

Edit: Does Yukari ever learn mediarama? Media isn't cutting it anymore.

Edit 2: after dying for the 4th or so time, I charge in to the Velvet Room for fusions only to be greeted by my SECOND Marie poem of the day. It's like they want me to break my DS.

ramyeon

Every time I tried this, I'd get all the way to Miiverse only to be told screenshots had been disabled. I don't know if maybe it blocks screenshots during cutscenes/skits or something, because those are the only times I tried.
That's weird, it definitely works for me. And there are loads of screenshots posted on the Persona Q Miiverse page too, so I doubt it's limited to the New 3DS model.

GeekyDad

Sitting outside the boss door for Evil Spirit Club. I loved pretty much every bit of this labyrinth, especially the part where
Rei has to be guided by you. It was a tad tedious, but the idea was such a great way to break things up and keep things interesting
. Loved the vibe, loved the layout, enjoyed the puzzles, and the lighting was also really cool -- had a Luigi's Mansion thing going on.

Also, after close to 50 hours (yeah I spent a lot of time noodling with fusion, like I do with every SMT-related game), I must say, this game has some of the most enjoyable 3D I've experienced. Had my 3DS since launch, and this game really does a lot of cool, subtle things with the effect few other games have managed to do.

Golbez

That's weird, it definitely works for me. And there are loads of screenshots posted on the Persona Q Miiverse page too, so I doubt it's limited to the New 3DS model.

The screenshot button is disabled for me too. I don't see any screenshots on the Persona Q Miiverse page either strangely enough.

I LOVE that you can redo the destined partner questions sequence instead of waiting for another run. Now, if only I marked down where the questions door are...
What?! I have tried since getting the game and just a few moments ago and nope, can't post any kind of pictures in Miiverse. :/ I'm using a normal 3DS. Plus I don't think I have ever seen someone post pictures of the game in Miiverse either.
Yup. Don't remember the level though.

Reveirg

I am completely stuck at Dungeon 4, Floor 3.

Trying to reach the last "Red Giant" (which is at ~F6~F7).

No idea how to get there, there's a room with 2 "dancing" FOEs (~C7~D7), which I just can't get past =(.

EDIT: Not even quite sure what I did but I got past them. I guess I successfully stalled one of them by fighting+escaping?

ramyeon

The screenshot button is disabled for me too. I don't see any screenshots on the Persona Q Miiverse page either strangely enough.

I LOVE that you can redo the destined partner questions sequence instead of waiting for another run. Now, if only I marked down where the questions door are...

What?! I have tried since getting the game and just a few moments ago and nope, can't post any kind of pictures in Miiverse. :/ I'm using a normal 3DS. Plus I don't think I have ever seen someone post pictures of the game in Miiverse either.
I'm playing a PAL version if that means anything (I know screenshots for SMTIV worked on the EU version and not the US version).

PK Gaming

Holy crap, the second floor of dungeon 3 is MURDERING this game for me. Almost every single encounter starts as an enemy advantage, and at least one of my party is dead by the time I get to move, and even then my speed/hit rate has been nuked to hell so even more people are dead by the time I get to move.

Part of it is because I'm starting again from a week or two break, but god damn. It doesn't even feel challenging at this point, just a straight up battle with RNG.

Edit 2: after dying for the 4th or so time, I charge in to the Velvet Room for fusions only to be greeted by my SECOND Marie poem of the day. It's like they want me to break my DS.

You've entered the first major difficulty spike, so you'll have to do some restructuring if you want to keep going. First things first; do you have the enemy advantage cancel navigator ability? It's called Snake Glare, and it's absolutely critical that you have this, as it cancels enemy advantages maybe 80% of the time. You can gain access to this skill by fusing Nozuchi, a level 20~ Persona. Now, the interesting thing about Snake Glare is that it will activate on either navigator. What you want to do is give that skill to your field Navigator of choice, ergo freeing up your battle navigator to use whatever they want.

Next order of business; your team lineup. If most of the members of your team are slow, then it might be best to restructure your team. The general rule of thumb is that at least 2 of your members need nearly always outspace enemies at the start of the turn. Good characters that can do this are Yosuke, Naoto, P3MC, etc... pretty much anyone with a high agility stat. The big thing about dungeon 3 is debuffs. Enemies in that dungeon love to spam them. Masukunda, Corrosion skills... you'll need to take precaution against them. A good way of dealing with debuffs is by using P4MC's Dekunda skill. Barring that, constantly buying purifying water is your second best bet for dealing with debuffs.

Yukari gains Mediarama in the late 30s, I believe, but you won't need to rely on her if you play your cards right. Once you reach the 3rd floor, you'll be granted the ability to gain skillcards from Personas. Kikuri-hime is a lvl 37 Persona that grants Mediarama. Getting Mediarama onto a fast healer will be essential towards preventing you from getting wiped.

What's your current team line-up? Are you exclusively using one set of characters or rotating?

re: early on on second floor of the 4th dungeon: how in the hell do i
get past the foe who's afraid of the torch in order to open the door? if i back him up, he always camps in front of it...

seriously stuck - help!...

Golbez

It's called Snake Glare, and it's absolutely critical that you have this, as it cancels enemy advantages maybe 80% of the time. You can gain access to this skill by fusing Nozuchi, a level 20~ Persona. Now, the interesting thing about Snake Glare is that it will activate on either navigator. What you want to do is give that skill to your field Navigator of choice, ergo freeing up your battle navigator to use whatever they want.

I had no idea there were skills that worked on both navigators! Are there others?

I'm playing a PAL version if that means anything (I know screenshots for SMTIV worked on the EU version and not the US version).
Maybe that's the reason, but hopefully it's that you have a New 3DS so it's exclusive to it like Smash.
You've entered the first major difficulty spike
First?!
You revisit it later

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/542855327910092800

Hinting at a Persona Q theme?
YES!! I NEED IT!!!

Also awesome Vine lol

ramyeon

Maybe that's the reason, but hopefully it's that you have a New 3DS so it's exclusive to it like Smash.

First?!

YES!! I NEED IT!!!

Also awesome Vine lol
Yeah I'm not sure which it is. I recall Smash just not allowing you to even boot Miiverse with a Regular 3DS/XL though. Hopefully someone with the EU/AU version and a non-New 3DS can clear it up.

re: early on on second floor of the 4th dungeon: how in the hell do i
get past the foe who's afraid of the torch in order to open the door? if i back him up, he always camps in front of it...

seriously stuck - help!...

In the room in the
middle north or so? If you move around right, you can pin him in the northwest corner.

I may have to buy that depending on the music.

I'm still working my way through this game slowly, I haven't had much time for it recently. Currently on the second floor of the
third
labyrinth.

Does anyone happen to have a Turdak with the good Link skills set up that they can post?

Edit: I mean the literal scan so I can purchase and use him

Yeah I'm not sure which it is. I recall Smash just not allowing you to even boot Miiverse with a Regular 3DS/XL though. Hopefully someone with the EU/AU version and a non-New 3DS can clear it up.
Yeah....with Smash you can't even enter the Internet Browser...dammit. You must enjoy your ability and if possible take pictures of the best lines of the game for us, chosen one!
I may have to buy that depending on the music.
Woah woah woah, themes come with music and it comes out tomorrow?!

tumblr_n10a22PRB61rdrzuxo1_250.gif

daydream

Banned
Latest update introduced theme rotation to the system so if this has Corn Dog playing as menu music, I *might* put it on rotation with my beloved Hanafuda theme.

Top Bottom