• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

PK Gaming

I did it

It took hours, but I did it

I systematically killed like a quarter of the FOEs on the 2nd floor of the 4th dungeon for the 100% map completion

87zQF1Z.jpg

YES! Persona Q theme! Definitely buying that tomorrow!

ijed

I'm playing a PAL version if that means anything (I know screenshots for SMTIV worked on the EU version and not the US version).

PAL version as well and it works on the OG 3DSXL also ... annoying it takes ages to connect to miiverse tho

zlCfzSvUeksMvBz35-

Mmmm Would love to see an Etrian with some of dem graphics

ramyeon

PAL version as well and it works on the OG 3DSXL also ... annoying it takes ages to connect to miiverse tho

zlCfzSvUeksMvBz35-

Mmmm Would love to see an Etrian with some of dem graphics
I guess that confirms it's a PAL only thing? A bit weird that the US version doesn't support Miiverse!

For those who have finished the game, is it really a 80+ hour game?
Some of my backlog has been cleared, so this game is on my list next.
I imagine that has a lot to do with what difficulty you play at. I'm slow at these games in general because of how i map and explore, but at my current progress on risky it will be a miracle if i finish in less than 80 hours

wrowa

I'm roughly 20 hours into the game and my only real gripe so far is that battles are taking too long even on "very fast".

would using front liners in the back line be a really stupid idea ??? i just want yosuke some where :(

If they're just going to be casters anyway, why not? My P3 hero has spent 90% of his time in the back line. There's also little reason not to if you're using one of the 1 ATK weapons with status/bind inflict.

I've gotten to the 3rd floor of the 2nd dungeon thus far. Kaguya's "Null attack for 3 turns" has made the FOEs a cakewalk. I'm sure that'll stop being effective sooner rather than later but until then WHEEEE.

Ourobolus

Banned
I normally don't buy stuff like that, but Elizabeth as navigator was totally worth it.

"Leader, how noble of you to fall asleep in front of the enemy!"

Anybody have a decent Link build? I want to use Kanji, and I'm thinking about giving him all of the Link element skill cards. Trying to figure out a decent fusion build to get Golden Link + Triple/Quadruple Link.
(I'm only level 52 so I think I can only get Triple Link, on Tam Lin). Probably want to get Bloody Vanguard on him too.

ZeroX03

Banned
Labyrinth #2 on the P4 side. Slowly burning through, this has replaced Pokemon AS until I beat it.

So snatching up that theme. Now with shuffle favorites I'm going to be buying a whole bunch.

Just finished the game with P3 MC! Took me 93 hours but man it was amazing. Thinking of starting a new playthrough with P4 MC now on risky... maybe..

Zareka

You've entered the first major difficulty spike, so you'll have to do some restructuring if you want to keep going. First things first; do you have the enemy advantage cancel navigator ability? It's called Snake Glare, and it's absolutely critical that you have this, as it cancels enemy advantages maybe 80% of the time. You can gain access to this skill by fusing Nozuchi, a level 20~ Persona. Now, the interesting thing about Snake Glare is that it will activate on either navigator. What you want to do is give that skill to your field Navigator of choice, ergo freeing up your battle navigator to use whatever they want.

Next order of business; your team lineup. If most of the members of your team are slow, then it might be best to restructure your team. The general rule of thumb is that at least 2 of your members need nearly always outspace enemies at the start of the turn. Good characters that can do this are Yosuke, Naoto, P3MC, etc... pretty much anyone with a high agility stat. The big thing about dungeon 3 is debuffs. Enemies in that dungeon love to spam them. Masukunda, Corrosion skills... you'll need to take precaution against them. A good way of dealing with debuffs is by using P4MC's Dekunda skill. Barring that, constantly buying purifying water is your second best bet for dealing with debuffs.

Yukari gains Mediarama in the late 30s, I believe, but you won't need to rely on her if you play your cards right. Once you reach the 3rd floor, you'll be granted the ability to gain skillcards from Personas. Kikuri-hime is a lvl 37 Persona that grants Mediarama. Getting Mediarama onto a fast healer will be essential towards preventing you from getting wiped.

What's your current team line-up? Are you exclusively using one set of characters or rotating?
Well I have to say, the minute I stuck Snake Glare on Rise, everything started going smoothly. I have both P3 Hero and Yosuke in my team, so now that they're not getting nuked by debuffs I've got a couple characters that easily out speed everything I come across. I also completely missed P4 Hero's dekunda (who is also on my team) so I'll start using that to eleviate the debuffs.

Also, right after reading your post a Clotho dropped that learns mediarama on it's next level up. So there's that! I'll try and grab the skill card later on though.

As for my current team, I've been switching people out when I feel like it, but my current team so far is P3Hero/Yosuke/P4Hero and Zen&Rei/Yukari. I've heard P3 Hero is better in the back but I like him in the front. He'll go in back for my P4 play through.

Thanks a lot for the write up, btw. That Snake Glare thing has saved my ass. :)

PK Gaming

Well I have to say, the minute I stuck Snake Glare on Rise, everything started going smoothly. I have both P3 Hero and Yosuke in my team, so now that they're not getting nuked by debuffs I've got a couple characters that easily out speed everything I come across. I also completely missed P4 Hero's dekunda (who is also on my team) so I'll start using that to eleviate the debuffs.

Also, right after reading your post a Clotho dropped that learns mediarama on it's next level up. So there's that! I'll try and grab the skill card later on though.

As for my current team, I've been switching people out when I feel like it, but my current team so far is P3Hero/Yosuke/P4Hero and Zen&Rei/Yukari. I've heard P3 Hero is better in the back but I like him in the front. He'll go in back for my P4 play through.

Thanks a lot for the write up, btw. That Snake Glare thing has saved my ass. :)

Glad I could be of assistance!

And yeah, there's no harm in keeping the P3MC in the front if you have enough equipment to keep him sturdy (and he can make use out of close range melee skills due to his adequate strength, which is nice). I actually run a similar team myself (with Yukiko over Yukari) so I know firsthand that kind of team can handle mostly anything.

I normally don't buy stuff like that, but Elizabeth as navigator was totally worth it.

"Leader, how noble of you to fall asleep in front of the enemy!"

Anybody have a decent Link build? I want to use Kanji, and I'm thinking about giving him all of the Link element skill cards. Trying to figure out a decent fusion build to get Golden Link + Triple/Quadruple Link.
(I'm only level 52 so I think I can only get Triple Link, on Tam Lin). Probably want to get Bloody Vanguard on him too.

Maybe something like Triple Link + Golden Link + (Elemental Link of your choice). I don't think Kanji is a good choice due to his slow Agility. It might work due to his access to Bestial/Dragon Roar, but that might take too long.

Credo

re: early on on second floor of the 4th dungeon: how in the hell do i
get past the foe who's afraid of the torch in order to open the door? if i back him up, he always camps in front of it...

seriously stuck - help!...

I also need help with this. Been on it for an hour and can't get past it. Here's an image of what I'm talking about if anyone can tell me.

http://i.imgur.com/BgoGRtm.jpg

Edit: Never mind. Figured it out.

Second Dungeon complete. The scenes leading up to the boss were glorious. I ended up with Aigis.

I am tempted to go through the dungeon again to see what those scenes with other characters.

Ourobolus

Banned
Maybe something like Triple Link + Golden Link + (Elemental Link of your choice). I don't think Kanji is a good choice due to his slow Agility. It might work due to his access to Bestial/Dragon Roar, but that might take too long.
Dragon Cry is the point for me. Make him go first if possible.

I'm thinking giving him 2 of the Link elements for his skill cards + Power Charge + Death's Scythe.
Just need to get a persona with Triple (or better) Link, Golden Link, and the third element (I can probably skip Bolt Link since I have a ton of Electric characters in my party). Also Bloody Vanguard.

PK Gaming

Dragon Cry is the point for me. Make him go first if possible.

I'm thinking giving him 2 of the Link elements for his skill cards + Power Charge + Death's Scythe.
Just need to get a persona with Triple (or better) Link, Golden Link, and the third element (I can probably skip Bolt Link since I have a ton of Electric characters in my party). Also Bloody Vanguard.

Ah, I just remembered the Dragon Cry gives Kanji a noticeable boost in strength. Perhaps that setup might be really strong. After all, Dragon Cry will *always* let him move first (meaning even fast characters like P3MC and Yosuke can benefit from the link), so it definitely seems like a worthy investment.

Heh... I just realized that Kanji reminds me of the Landersknecht class from EOIV. Dragon Cry is pretty much vanguard, and they were link masters.

Zareka

Oh for Christ's sake. I come across two golden hands and think perfect! A chance to boost Yukiko a level or so. There's a pig cop in the background but he won't be much bother.

Well, everything goes smoothly, I've killed both hands without them running off and I'm just about to unleash an onslaught of attacks on to this pig. Easy exp.

Except he used that roar move earlier in the fight, so he gets to go first. He starts firing off, hits the protagonist and then the last shot murders Yukiko. Because everyone's boosted to hell, they fire link him, bane slice him, double almighty attack him in to the god damn ground from a good ways over half health, so I have no chance to even think about reviving Yukiko. Yukiko is the only one who doesn't get a ton of exp. I really, really hate this game sometimes.

Glad I could be of assistance!

And yeah, there's no harm in keeping the P3MC in the front if you have enough equipment to keep him sturdy (and he can make use out of close range melee skills due to his adequate strength, which is nice). I actually run a similar team myself (with Yukiko over Yukari) so I know firsthand that kind of team can handle mostly anything.
I actually just switched to Yukiko there, so it looks like we're playing alike! She's under levelled though, so I'll have to level her up somewhat 'till the luck > agi accessory can work it's magic

Edit: that's a really good song for a theme, but I don't want a good song for a theme. I want Maze of Life on loop, damn it!

Edit 2: dungeon 3 floor 2 spoilers
OH GOD WHY DID I RUN WHY WHY WHY

Nachos

Does anyone happen to have a Turdak with the good Link skills set up that they can post?

Edit: I mean the literal scan so I can purchase and use him

I think I should have my laptop fixed up by tonight, so if you can wait, I can give you my code then.

would using front liners in the back line be a really stupid idea ??? i just want yosuke some where :(

Just make sure you give him ranged physical attacks to compensate.

Does Dragon Cry work with Eternal Melody? 6 rounds of full-on link barrage with Kanji sound like fun.

Yup; that's part of the reason why I recommend pairing it with Shura Tensei – it makes a joke of pretty much every boss in the game. I just crunched the numbers myself, and Dragon's Cry provides a 150% power boost, while ST provides a 300% boost and Power Charge gives 285%.

Just using Dragon's Cry gives a 900% boost across six turns, but using Shura Tensei before it gives a 2700% boost across the same amount of time, or 2250% across five turns if you want your dedicated healer to have an extra turn doing something other than patching Kanji up.

All three stack together, too, so if you went ST/DC/PC/Link/PC/Link/PC/Link, you'd do 3848% damage in the same time as everything else, though it's really impractical with SP usage.

And this isn't even taking into account passives or the actual links themselves. That's all just a flat bonus to every attack. If Kanji's exclusive Uprising skill is anything like Giant Kill from Etrian 3, then that's an extra 155% on top of that, pushing the numbers to 1395%, 4185%, 3488%, and 5401%, respectively.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, finally done with college for the semester. Sat through 15ish minutes of cutscenes. Time to finally start on the second dungeon!

*entire party of Yu, Mitsuru, Aigis, Naoto, & Rei/Zen wiped out on first battle*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
STEAK

bobohoro

Whole lotta awesome numbers.

I knew that setting Kanji up as a linker would be powerful, but that borders on ridiculous. Gonna be fun. :D

One thing I always hate about demon fusions, and even moresoe in this game, is that I can't not try to fuse everything all the time. I have perfect personas at times, probably wouldn't need to change them up for another 20 levels, but my compulsion to get every demon and at times even level most of them to atleast see their extractable skill, is always getting in the way. Which leads to total mixups in skillsets and less then ideal party setups. Which annoys me. But it also annoys me to not have every demon available. I just can't win. :(

I took a request where I need to find a happi in the 4th dungeon, 2nd floor,

does anyone know where it is? I can't find it for anything in the world and the two required teammates aren't helping me at all.

Ourobolus

Banned
I took a request where I need to find a happi in the 4th dungeon, 2nd floor,

does anyone know where it is? I can't find it for anything in the world and the two required teammates aren't helping me at all.

I don't have the map in front of me, but I vaguely recall it being near the center (I think a little south of the middle). It's a dead end where the door is on the east, and the hall turns left and then left again before ending at a dead end. I want to say it's off of the large room with the 2 FOEs in the east.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, is there a skill to regain SP in the game, or am I supposed to truck back to Elizabeth everytime I want to reload SP? :|

I miss my Victory Cry.

Ourobolus

Banned
So, is there a skill to regain SP in the game, or am I supposed to truck back to Elizabeth everytime I want to reload SP? :|

I miss my Victory Cry.

Roads of Light comes much later and it's a Field Navi skill that regens SP with each step. I assume you are still pretty early on - subpersonas add a buffer of HP/SP that regens after each fight, so if you have 100 SP and a subpersona that adds 40 SP, that gives you a free 40 SP to use each fight. If you were to use 50 SP in a fight, then you would start with 90SP+40SP in the next fight.

Atlas157

FYI that FOE is also susceptible to
__Hama__
in case you want to wipe it out.

It blocked
__Hama__
when I used it. It's only weak to
__cut__
and
__stab__

I brought it down to half health and it used
Mamudoon and knocked out 4 of my party members
so I had to run.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's victory cry, but dude, the sp system in this game is fucking broken anyway. I basically go back if my inventory is full.

You can buy soul drops if you're that strapped for sp.

TheSeks

Roads of Light comes much later and it's a Field Navi skill that regens SP with each step. I assume you are still pretty early on - subpersonas add a buffer of HP/SP that regens after each fight, so if you have 100 SP and a subpersona that adds 40 SP, that gives you a free 40 SP to use each fight. If you were to use 50 SP in a fight, then you would start with 90SP+40SP in the next fight.

Well, I Googled that to see how later it is:

Found a link with a QR code by "cielle-amour"

tumblr_nfwjazZLno1tbiq37o1_400.jpg

Level 79, though. :/ That's like... 50+ over my current levels. Geez. On the bright side, if I have the cash, I can equip that unlike the fusing limit that won't let you fuse above your level, IIRC.

There's victory cry, but dude, the sp system in this game is fucking broken anyway. I basically go back if my inventory is full.

You can buy soul drops if you're that strapped for sp.

I want to fight the FOEs, but they eat all my SP and the second dungeon is also eating my SP right now.

Ourobolus

Banned
It blocked
__Hama__
when I used it. It's only weak to
__cut__
and
__stab__

I brought it down to half health and it used
Mamudoon and knocked out 4 of my party members
so I had to run.

You sure? The blue one should have gone down with it. The red ones are immune to Hama.

Antiwhippy

You really should be running out of sp only when you're facing FOEs.

Edit: FOEs shouldn't be fought on exploration runs anyway. Just defeat one and go back to heal. They all respawn anyway.

TheSeks

You really should be running out of sp only when you're facing FOEs.

Edit: FOEs shouldn't be fought on exploration runs anyway. Just defeat one and go back to heal. They all respawn anyway.

Well, right now the second dungeons enemies are kicking my level 14 ass. Which is why I want to go back to the first dungeon and do FOEs to level up to 20-25 so I can actually explore the second dungeon without running into "oh geez, I'm critical" issues.

Atlas157

Huh? Weird. I could have sworn that the one that chases you is the blue one, whereas the red ones are the ones that just pop up and sit there.

Oops yeah you're right. I guess I didn't care about the color after
the very first one jump scared me lol.

Antiwhippy

Well, right now the second dungeons enemies are kicking my level 14 ass. Which is why I want to go back to the first dungeon and do FOEs to level up to 20-25 so I can actually explore the second dungeon without running into "oh geez, I'm critical" issues.

Do you have soul drops yet?

Which is why I said just fight one and goho-m though. It's pretty fast and healing costs scales to your level so one foe drop should heal you pretty well already.

Also be sure to check out the gear you get from foe drops. They tend to be overlevelled for the dungeon they're in.

Top Bottom