• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Labrys

Finally got past the Janitor Closet. Now I'm running around looking for keys and stuff, while also getting my butt kicked by the enemies that corrode weaknesses. I need to work on that.

bobohoro

The hell. Obtained a quest from a dead end in the third floor, returned, checked, and now there are some other two quests including a timed one! I got a backup file pre checking with Elizabeth for the first time, and it still doesn't show any request even when says to keep looking for timed ones. Guess it's a glitch of the game?

Now I have these three requests so far:
Let's Make Zen a Collar! (Cyclops), Investigate the Evil Spirit Club and Obtain a Fluffy Tail (Lion Wheel).
The timed one hasn't expired yet so hopefully I haven't missed out any quests yet. :(

Had a similar thing happen. No quests open and Liz told me I should watch out for timed ones, thought it a glitch at first, but then discovered that I overlooked some tiles in 4-2. One of those included the Find a Happi quest, so maybe you are missing that one?

I feel like this game is too long. I'm at 4-3 and already sick of this dungeon. If feels like you spend hours on each floor. I would have appreciated some smaller floors maybe. I could also be getting bored because every fight is instantly ended by Naoto. The challenge is gone.

I rather like the long floors, makes it feel more like an adventure and the map more useful than smallish floors and dungeons. But yeah, the challenge isn't there for most stuff, but I feel the FOEs on hard are still decent and need some strategy, so I just go and kill one of those when I feel like it.

As I had hoped, Rei and Zen's rather weak characterization has been improved.

Also, some late-game spoilers:

That certainly took a turn for the depressing.

I'm toying with the idea of swapping out Yukiko for P3MC, but I'm wondering how people set him up as a healer when he doesn't learn that stuff naturally. Skill cards? Or do I need to focus on equipping him with Persona that pick up the slack?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm toying with the idea of swapping out Yukiko for P3MC, but I'm wondering how people set him up as a healer when he doesn't learn that stuff naturally. Skill cards? Or do I need to focus on equipping him with Persona that pick up the slack?

I gave him a Mediarama (and Media, previously) and Recarm card. I have a Mediarahan one that I'm gonna give him soon.

bobohoro

Skill cards. Mediarama can be gotten from Kikuri-Hime at around Lv37, Media and Recarm are rewards from quests (I think) and can easily be gotten off lower level personas.

PK Gaming

P3MC is straight up a better Yukiko

He trades SP and an inconsequential amount of Magic for a significant boost to HP, Endurance and Agility. There's nothing she has over him; even healing is suspect because Yukiko only gets the single-target healing spells. Eventually, you'll gain access to skill cards. You can fuse Kikkuri-hime at lvl 37 for the Mediarama skill card, and until then, rely on subpersonas for healing.

Ourobolus

Banned
P3MC is straight up a better Yukiko

He trades SP and an inconsequential amount of Magic for a significant boost to HP, Endurance and Agility. There's nothing she has over him; even healing is suspect because Yukiko only gets the single-target healing spells. Eventually, you'll gain access to skill cards. You can fuse Kikkuri-hime at lvl 37 for the Mediarama skill card, and until then, rely on subpersonas for healing.

Well, P3MC is weak to Mudo. Which has been the bane of my existence this entire playthrough. Dark Pin doesn't seem to do much - hoping for something better soon. I at least finally got Resist Dark on him from Sraosha.

Asking again because I can't go too many places on the net at work.

Sell them, there's very rarely a reason not to sell materials.

The only time you should be careful is if you've got a quest active to acquire something, but they'll never ask for common drops anyway.

PK Gaming

Well, P3MC is weak to Mudo. Which has been the bane of my existence this entire playthrough. Dark Pin doesn't seem to do much - hoping for something better soon. I at least finally got Resist Dark on him from Sraosha.

That's true. Have you stocked up on Homonculus's? They pretty much mitigate his weakness, and they're not that expensive (if you grind on P-spot's anyway)

I suppose it doesn't matter if you're on Risky though.

Zareka

Side quest spoilers, SOS: Save Our Stomachs! :
I can't believe remembering Yosuke was allergic to tofu and didn't like fish came in handy. I friggin' LOVE how this game rewards you for being a series fan. So so good.

Laconic

Banned
That's true. Have you stocked up on Homonculus's? They pretty much mitigate his weakness, and they're not that expensive (if you grind on P-spot's anyway)

Risky is where it's at, man. ;)

So much more fun than Hard.

Ourobolus

Banned

Every now and again I grab a few. And yeah, I'm on Risky.

Shizuka

I must be the only peasant playing on Normal. It is quite easy on Normal, but I'm sure I wouldn't have it in me to play it on Hard or Risky since this is the first "EO" game I'm seriously playing and I'm still getting used to all mechanics.

Christ, that sounds terrifying (especially if he's my healer). I'll have to find some way to deal with that.

Ourobolus

Banned
Christ, that sounds terrifying (especially if he's my healer). I'll have to find some way to deal with that.

It's really not too bad, at least for me. FOEs are a problem when they have Mudo (I'm looking at you, Old Doll). Most fights, barring a really unlucky enemy preemptive attack (even with the field navi skill to cancel it they still get SOME in), I usually have Naoto and P3MC casting some form of Mamudoon or Mahamaon, so most fights end quickly.

daveo42

Banned
I must be the only peasant playing on Normal. It is quite easy on Normal, but I'm sure I wouldn't have it in me to play it on Hard or Risky since this is the first "EO" game I'm seriously playing and I'm still getting used to all mechanics.

You aren't the only one who is fine playing on Normal. I'd say the only thing I wish was at least a bit more challenging was the 2nd dungeon boss. I'm liking the look and feel of each level of each dungeon, the exploration is great, and the current difficulty quite alright.

I'm finally about 40h into the game in the 4th dungeon and it's a blast destroying every single thing in my way with Naoto/Debilitate/an onslaught of Links.

Now, I just want to say that I'm really loving the characterization in this game. After playing P4 when it came out, it immediately outclassed P3 for me in every single way -- thinking back on it, I thought that it major reason was because the characters were so much more likable. Starting with the P3 cast in Persona Q, however, has totally forced me to rethink how I view the characters in both games. It's insane how one of my absolute least favorite characters in the entire series
Yukari
has been growing on me. I've seen a few people mention it in the thread already, but I just have to reiterate it: the contrast between the characters (especially in their interaction) is fantastic.

random25

Finally finished Dungeon 2! Risky's turning pretty easy as I demolish Dungeon 2 FOEs with ease :p

Gonna take a sleep now...it's 3AM lol. Soooo goooood...

PK Gaming

Oh yeah, did you get 100% map reward from the 4th floor of the 4th dungeon? It's the Ring of Darkness (medium chance of nullifying Mudo).

It might come in hand when trade out Sraosha.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh yeah, did you get 100% map reward from the 4th floor of the 4th dungeon? It's the Ring of Darkness (medium chance of nullifying Mudo).

It might come in hand when trade out Sraosha.

I did, but it's difficult having that when I'm really enjoying the Almight Badge.

Xenoflare

Side quest spoilers, SOS: Save Our Stomachs! :
I can't believe remembering Yosuke was allergic to tofu and didn't like fish came in handy. I friggin' LOVE how this game rewards you for being a series fan. So so good.

I still can't figure out how someone can be allergic to soybeans

Nachos

Sorry, RobotZombie, but it took a lot longer for me to get my laptop fixed up than I thought it would, and when I finally try to transfer Turdak, it says that the persona is exclusive to me and can't be transferred. I have no idea what's causing this, as trying to transfer personas with higher-rank skills works just fine, unless I just have too many of them on him.
hN6Zkja.jpg
My phone camera's really jacked up.

If it's any consolation, though, fusing Hua Po and Neko Shogun together will make him, and I had already built Neko as a linker, so there are some good skills to transfer already.
LdgZuq0.jpg

U9SilNw.jpg

I don't know if you can get sub-personas that are higher level than the player's, but if you can and are willing to spend the cash, sacrificing these two should level him enough to learn every skill.
SKcV1XX.jpg

ddHLRq7.jpg

Pale Rider also gives the Triple Link skill card, if anyone needs it.

Sorry, RobotZombie, but it took a lot longer for me to get my laptop fixed up than I thought it would, and when I finally try to transfer Turdak, it says that the persona is exclusive to me and can't be transferred. I have no idea what's causing this, as trying to transfer personas with higher-rank skills works just fine, unless I just have too many of them on him.

That seems odd. Might be because Turdak is unlockable?

Sera O

Banned
Hahaha oh my god. Final boss battle spoilers:

So I went to do the final boss battle. I wasn't really prepped and was just going to see how far I could get. It turned out to be super annoying, struggling to revive and then him healing to full right when I thought I was getting somewhere. I had like 2 revival beads and Naoto with recarm - not enough. If you know the mechanics of how the boss works, it's obvious I wasn't going to make it like that.

So when I failed, I filled my inventory with revival beads and made 1 change to my party - putting impure reach on P4MC who has panic circle. This, combined with P3MC having impure reach + using the spiral sword panic weapon on turn 1 meant the clockwork god never once had opportunity to use any of his skills. He was panicked from the first hit. No doom counter. No skipping my turns. No diarahan. No getting 5 turns at a time - none of that shit. Just a sparkly head and a feeble slap every now and then. My bag of 50 revival beads was still untouched at the end of the fight. He came out of the panic twice (seemed to coincide with when he had a speech to deliver), but it hit 100% of the time.

It's kind of crazy that it was possible to render the final boss useless for the entirety of the fight. . . I just couldn't stop laughing when I realized that yeah, this was how it was going to play out.

Anyway, impure reach. I'm trying to think of a reason why I wouldn't put that skill card on everyone if they have a spot - it's damn cheap, too.

Astarte

Hahaha oh my god. Final boss battle spoilers:

So I went to do the final boss battle. I wasn't really prepped and was just going to see how far I could get. It turned out to be super annoying, struggling to revive and then him healing to full right when I thought I was getting somewhere. I had like 2 revival beads and Naoto with recarm - not enough. If you know the mechanics of how the boss works, it's obvious I wasn't going to make it like that.

So when I failed, I filled my inventory with revival beads and made 1 change to my party - putting impure reach on P4MC who has panic circle. This, combined with P3MC having impure reach + using the spiral sword panic weapon on turn 1 meant the clockwork god never once had opportunity to use any of his skills. He was panicked from the first hit. No doom counter. No skipping my turns. No diarahan. No getting 5 turns at a time - none of that shit. Just a sparkly head and a feeble slap every now and then. My bag of 50 revival beads was still untouched at the end of the fight. He came out of the panic twice (seemed to coincide with when he had a speech to deliver), but it hit 100% of the time.

It's kind of crazy that it was possible to render the final boss useless for the entirety of the fight. . . I just couldn't stop laughing when I realized that yeah, this was how it was going to play out.

Anyway, impure reach. I'm trying to think of a reason why I wouldn't put that skill card on everyone if they have a spot - it's damn cheap, too.

..The final boss can heal and skip turns...? I just...like...linked him..

Impure reach is also seven tons of broken. Poison most bosses, win by patience.

I feel like I made the game so much harder for myself be not exploiting ailments much. The
Reaper
gave me a lot of trouble.

I did think that the final boss was pretty easy though,
the first phase felt much harder.

Shizuka

I need help getting 100% on the third and fourth floors of the third dungeon, and I also need help with the "Convey a secret message" request. Can someone help me out, so that I can finally move on to the next dungeon?

I need help getting 100% on the third and fourth floors of the third dungeon, and I also need help with the "Convey a secret message" request. Can someone help me out, so that I can finally move on to the next dungeon?

Not sure what you'd be missing on the third floor, try checking the treasure chest.

For the fourth floor, for 100% you need to finish that quest.
The numbers correspond to the number of doors in a room, with the final 2 being the room at the start of the puzzle with the Power Spot. X is an invisible secret passage in the south west corner of that room.

Sera O

Banned
..The final boss can heal and skip turns...? I just...like...linked him..

You must have mad attack. I was at lv 66ish, with triple/golden link/bloody vanguard/first star on Aki and myriad whatnots on Kanji. No shura tensei though, which maybe makes the difference. I wouldn't have been able to take him down to zero without him
turning back time and healing at 50%, unless I hit him with an ailment. The way the fight played out the first time, it would have been doable if I'd just had more reviving items - it would take a bit longer but the guy didn't hit hard enough to call it difficult. But, as I later found, his moves are 100% preventable. I would have thought at least the first set of timers was scripted, but nope lol

I wish I realized this when I took him on, lol.
Panic Circle did make several of the later FOEs cake. Reaper was a cinch.

I've not yet fought
the reaper
, I knew I forgot something. I've started another game on the clearfile but I should load the old one up and try it while my party isn't super high level.

I'm finding playing P4 side is more entertaining for me than P3 side. P3 protagonist and cast are more entertaining to me. It used to be a closer contest, but Persona Q's Teddie is actually deducting points from P4 side every time he appears.

Shizuka

Not sure what you'd be missing on the third floor, try checking the treasure chest.

For the fourth floor, for 100% you need to finish that quest.
The numbers correspond to the number of doors in a room, with the final 2 being the room at the start of the puzzle with the Power Spot. X is an invisible secret passage in the south west corner of that room.

Which treasure chest? Also, do you know of a video or map for that request? I have no idea which order to proceed, since I have to start on the room of the power spot. Does the room count as the first number or not?

Astarte

You must have mad attack. I was at lv 66ish, with triple/golden link/bloody vanguard/first star on Aki and myriad whatnots on Kanji. No shura tensei though, which maybe makes the difference. I wouldn't have been able to take him down to zero without him
turning back time and healing at 50%, unless I hit him with an ailment. The way the fight played out the first time, it would have been doable if I'd just had more reviving items - it would take a bit longer but the guy didn't hit hard enough to call it difficult. But, as I later found, his moves are 100% preventable. I would have thought at least the first set of timers was scripted, but nope lol

I used
Kanji as my main linker with Golden link, infinite links, bloody vanguard, first star, Shura, and that ability that gave you more cut damage just 'cuz. The rest of my party had Death Chaser. Power charge, dragon cry, heat riser, debilitate STRONG

Sera O

Banned
I used
Kanji as my main linker with Golden link, infinite links, bloody vanguard, first star, Shura, and that ability that gave you more cut damage just 'cuz. The rest of my party had Death Chaser. Power charge, dragon cry, heat riser, debilitate STRONG

Whoa. The most I saw on personas in my endgame
was triple link, so I would never make room for deathchaser on anyone. But yeah, with infinite + golden link, deathchaser would be seriously worthwhile.

Shizuka

Nevermind, got the rooms request. Now I just need to 100% the third floor... Should I go back to that room that I feel from?

Which treasure chest? Also, do you know of a video or map for that request? I have no idea which order to proceed, since I have to start on the room of the power spot. Does the room count as the first number or not?

http://i.imgur.com/LDavkaa.jpg this should be the solution. It doesn't matter how you get to the starting point.

If you examine the chests that 100% opens, then it will mark any spots that you've missed on the map.

I just started the 3rd dungeon and I'm slowly realizing, do you even need elemental coverage at all? I had been trying to keep each member of my team having at least 3 elements at their disposal, whether physical or magical, but I keep running into issues where I'm forgoing cooler, probably better skills just because I don't want to erase that one crappy ice skill I have. I mean, for at least one of my mages it seems good, just so that they can not constantly burn sp in a boss battle where they happen to have an elemental weakness, but other than that, I'm starting to not see the point.

Regular battles are already completely covered by random physical skills and Naoto instakills...

Astarte

Whoa. The most I saw on personas in my endgame
was triple link, so I would never make room for deathchaser on anyone. But yeah, with infinite + golden link, deathchaser would be seriously worthwhile.

I just got infinite link skill card from the persona you get by killing the silver spider so I just based my party around the fact that I could finally get more than 7 links in :p

I just started the 3rd dungeon and I'm slowly realizing, do you even need elemental coverage at all? I had been trying to keep each member of my team having at least 3 elements at their disposal, whether physical or magical, but I keep running into issues where I'm forgoing cooler, probably better skills just because I don't want to erase that one crappy ice skill I have. I mean, for at least one of my mages it seems good, just so that they can not constantly burn sp in a boss battle where they happen to have an elemental weakness, but other than that, I'm starting to not see the point.

Regular battles are already completely covered by random physical skills and Naoto instakills...

I just use light elemental attacks to activate boost to cover for skills that cost a lot of HP/SP.

Zareka

Dungeon 3, floor 4 spoilers:
What happens if I send Rei into an FOE? I really really want to try it, but I also don't want a game over via murderous Zen.

Top Bottom