• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

So in Dungeon 3, Floor 1, can I screw this schedule puzzle stuff up? Do you get any rewards or can you miss out on anything if you aren't figuring it out properly?

Shizuka

Sorry, RobotZombie, but it took a lot longer for me to get my laptop fixed up than I thought it would, and when I finally try to transfer Turdak, it says that the persona is exclusive to me and can't be transferred. I have no idea what's causing this, as trying to transfer personas with higher-rank skills works just fine, unless I just have too many of them on him.

My phone camera's really jacked up.

If it's any consolation, though, fusing Hua Po and Neko Shogun together will make him, and I had already built Neko as a linker, so there are some good skills to transfer already.
LdgZuq0.jpg

U9SilNw.jpg

Which skills should I choose for the Turdak? *hijacks the codes*

Sorry, RobotZombie, but it took a lot longer for me to get my laptop fixed up than I thought it would, and when I finally try to transfer Turdak, it says that the persona is exclusive to me and can't be transferred. I have no idea what's causing this, as trying to transfer personas with higher-rank skills works just fine, unless I just have too many of them on him.

My phone camera's really jacked up.

If it's any consolation, though, fusing Hua Po and Neko Shogun together will make him, and I had already built Neko as a linker, so there are some good skills to transfer already.
LdgZuq0.jpg

U9SilNw.jpg

I don't know if you can get sub-personas that are higher level than the player's, but if you can and are willing to spend the cash, sacrificing these two should level him enough to learn every skill.
SKcV1XX.jpg

ddHLRq7.jpg

Pale Rider also gives the Triple Link skill card, if anyone needs it.

Thanks for the help! Just noticed these

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh... wow.

Idle Basalt
: Are they SUPPOSED to petrify you in the first turn? I mean, sheesh. Minato turns to stone in the first turn before we can even get started.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Or just insta-kill them.

I changed from Marie's persona on Seta to Fuuka. Didn't even need it since Petrify hit Minato which means she couldn't get that "clear all Ailments" off. Did get a "regen for three turns" off which meant Seta and Akihiko did work with Thunder while Ken and Koromaru started to sling instant-death at people only to find out that Ken was the weakness to their empire.

Geez, they petrified Minato like 5 times in the attempts I attempted it. Plus Petrified members don't get EXP if they're "alive" but oh well. It counts. Now to get to the next floor.

ramyeon

So I feel really over levelled for where I am in the game. I'm at Level 41 and just got to the boss room of the third dungeon. I pretty much steam rolled any FOEs I accidentally ran into during the dungeon (Including one shotting Old Doll with Naoto's Impure Reach Mahamaon). I haven't even been grinding, I've just been fighting every encounter I run into and 100%ing most maps (Although the last few have been annoyingly stuck at 99%).

JimPanzer

thinking about switching my team. I'm currently using:

Front: P4 MC / Chie / Kanji
Back Rei&Zen / Yukiko

should I switch yukiko for naoto? will I be covered with healing spells?

ramyeon

Back Rei&Zen / Yukiko

Yes. You really don't need a dedicated healer and Naoto is crazy OP. Naoto covers most of the healing in my party with her sub persona atm,

P4MC/Akihiko/Aigis
Naoto/P3MC

That's my set up.

Astarte

Back Rei&Zen / Yukiko

Naoto is so ridiculously overpowered that you won't ever need to worry about basic mobs EVER AGAIN. Also yeah, just make her your "main healer" and you're set...although Fuuka does that job really well.

Laconic

Banned
Naoto is so ridiculously overpowered that you won't ever need to worry about basic mobs EVER AGAIN. Also yeah, just make her your "main healer" and you're set...although Fuuka does that job really well.

And if he ever goes through the game again, on the P3 side, he ought to make P3MC his main healer, imo, lol. Especially on Risky. Naoto and Aegis can be off-healers, along with Little Miss Unlimited Physical Attacks AKA Fuuka.

Jintor

How does I skill card (from existing personas)? Blundering around a haunted house right now, but too ocd to be able to fuse strategically properly.

Ourobolus

Banned
How does I skill card (from existing personas)? Blundering around a haunted house right now, but too ocd to be able to fuse strategically properly.

It unlocks on the 3rd floor of the 3rd dungeon (IIRC), and basically that persona needs to have learned the skill for the skill card it gives, then you go to the velvet room, pay a fee, and then get the skill card in exchange for losing the persona (but you can always register it and get it again).

So I already completed Floor 3 and 4 of the fourth labyrinth. What was the part that everyone hated that much? If anything I found it enjoyable to do the puzzzles, trying to find which way to pass through without turning off the lamps.

Best. Scene. In. The. Game.
Yukari finally talked up. <3 And it seems Aki is moving away from his protein stuff.
It even had P3's credits as background music!

And my team is totally kicking ass. I'm almost level 55! <3 Can't wait to face the boss!

Astarte

And if he ever goes through the game again, on the P3 side, he ought to make P3MC his main healer, imo, lol. Especially on Risky. Naoto and Aegis can be off-healers, along with Little Miss Unlimited Physical Attacks AKA Fuuka.

Yeah, I basically made the P3MC the main healer/circle jockey/buffer. He's pretty good with magic, but Naoto's magic stat RIDICULOUS. Aigis just became a tank with null-physical damage and null status effects.

Are all of the floors in the final dungeon nearly the same size?

Just demolished the Reaper so I think I'm ready to speed through to the end.

ijed

So I already completed Floor 3 and 4 of the fourth labyrinth. What was the part that everyone hated that much? If anything I found it enjoyable to do the puzzzles, trying to find which way to pass through without turning off the lamps.
Just up to the 4th floor now. I like the puzzles too, floor 3 was rather big and all the backtracking made it even bigger. Also that lottery ticket quest didn't make much sense
(damn Liz)

And my team is totally kicking ass. I'm almost level 55! <3 Can't wait to face the boss!

I just did the lvl55 quest which was pretty neat!
Aigis and P3MC are now even more OP!

Shizuka

dungeons in total, the final dungeon has
9 floors, not counting the boss floor, but a lot of them are much smaller than normal.

I don't know if I have it in me to finish the game. I went head on like a beast going five, six hours a day for almost a week, but I'm starting to lose motivation.

Astarte

I don't know if I have it in me to finish the game. I went head on like a beast going five, six hours a day for almost a week, but I'm starting to lose motivation.

I beat the game in around 55-60 hours. Eventually my party became so hilariously broken that I had no choice but to finish the game just to see how fast I would clear out the optional bosses and the final boss. It turns out it was within 2-3 turns.
Just stick with it, I'm sure you can do this. At the very least fiddle with Persona fusions so you can end up with a link god/null god.

Shizuka

I beat the game in around 55-60 hours. Eventually my party became so hilariously broken that I had no choice but to finish the game just to see how fast I would clear out the optional bosses and the final boss. It turns out it was within 2-3 turns.
Just stick with it, I'm sure you can do this. At the very least fiddle with Persona fusions so you can end up with a link god/null god.

I don't know what a Link God should have. I just use Kanji with a couple of links but Aigis keeps doing outdoing him everytime with just the Heavy Bash attack.

Astarte

I don't know what a Link God should have. I just use Kanji with a couple of links but Aigis keeps doing outdoing him everytime with just the Heavy Bash attack.

I'll just copy paste this part

I used
Kanji as my main linker with Golden link, infinite links, bloody vanguard, first star, Shura, and Fire link (only focus on one elemental link) The rest of my party had Death Chaser. Power charge, dragon cry, heat riser, debilitate STRONG.

Basically going into any big boss fight (or any big enemy fight) my party went

Kanji -> Attack up
Naoto -> Party evasion up
P4MC -> Heat Riser (increase every Kanji stat)
P3MC -> Debilitate the boss (wrecks the enemy's stats)
Aigis -> Pain Eater (taunt)
Kanji -> Dragon Cry (assures first strike) then Power Charge
Everyone Else -> Death Chaser (follows up any attack your line makes)
Kanji -> Link
Everyone Else -> Attack

This leads to 10 links for at LEAST 12000-15000 damage a turn. The turn order can also differ if I want to poison/silence/confuse the opponent, but that's the gist of it. Aigis's Orgia mode is neat, but I just made her a null-everything support tank that doesn't take shit from anything. You get Heat Riser/Debilitate from the 55 quest, Death Chaser from...a skill card (that I forgot the Persona of), infinite links from the persona you get from killing the silver armored spider/reaper, and the rest you get from good link genes =w=

Shizuka

And the first floor of the fourth labyrinth did me in. I've lit half of the bonfires, but I can't be bothered to guess the right pattern to lure one FOE and get through to lit the next room's bonfire.

Dugna

For anybody who wanted the LE 3DS XL from Gamestop, it seems the online store has run out of stock. So if you wish to actually buy one I would suggest buying it soon from one of the retail stores.

My only problem with the large floors is that my compulsion is to complete a floor before calling it a night, and that has led to some long sessions and late nights. Especially during
the Clock Tower 8 and 9
though I drew a line there. In general, I really liked all the dungeons, and even if I can kill the FOEs, make sure I complete them the "right" way.

Soulflarz

Banned
My only problem with the large floors is that my compulsion is to complete a floor before calling it a night, and that has led to some long sessions and late nights. Especially during
the Clock Tower 8 and 9
though I drew a line there. In general, I really liked all the dungeons, and even if I can kill the FOEs, make sure I complete them the "right" way.

I hate when I enter a dungeon floor and try to finish it only to have 2% where im running everywhere only to realize I have to go down a floor/finish the dungeon before I can get that percent or two...

I hate when I enter a dungeon floor and try to finish it only to have 2% where im running everywhere only to realize I have to go down a floor/finish the dungeon before I can get that percent or two...

After the first time that happened, I learned my lesson and always moved on rather than try to find some hidden door or short cut that doesn't exist.

Soulflarz

Banned
After the first time that happened, I learned my lesson and always moved on rather than try to find some hidden door or short cut that doesn't exist.

Well yeah noww I've learned. I learned by the 2nd floor in the third dungeon. I still use clairvoyance because I love being able to see shortcuts miles away, stopping wasted time and effort looking for things that don't exist.

random25

Are link skills good? I only get 1 follow up so I never bothered much about them.

And Healing Harp of Orpheus Telos is pretty broken lol. Boost + Healing Harp makes me almost unstoppable even at Risky as I breezed 3 floors at Dungeon 3 without healing at the Nurse Office.

Top Bottom