• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

GLuigi

Finally finished that Old Doll side quest, darn thing took me 94 turns to defeat it.

BM92BXR.jpg

I wasn't all set up to try and take it down with a Hama spell, but I was waiting in a very long line to get some pie and thought that maybe I can tough it out.
Crushed my soul every time it healed itself

Jintor

Finally finished that Old Doll side quest, darn thing took me 94 turns to defeat it.

I wasn't all set up to try and take it down with a Hama spell, but I was waiting in a very long line to get some pie and thought that maybe I can tough it out.
Crushed my soul every time it healed itself

I got it my second time around. Turns out the stupid thing is weapon to slash/stab and elec (didn't find any others if there are any) so I basically panic circled the damn thing for as long as possible

as usual, the main difficulty in this game is when it pulls off an 'everyone in your party gets cursed' spell or something like that. Multi-ailments or instant-kills are always the irritating thing in these kinds of games...

GLuigi

I got it my second time around. Turns out the stupid thing is weapon to slash/stab and elec (didn't find any others if there are any) so I basically panic circled the damn thing for as long as possible

as usual, the main difficulty in this game is when it pulls off an 'everyone in your party gets cursed' spell or something like that. Multi-ailments or instant-kills are always the irritating thing in these kinds of games...

Ah, I never knew it was weak to elec. I only saw that it was weak to slash/stab and just stuck with that while having 3 people prepared with Me Patra and Recarm when needed. ( And use Spotlight with a healing spell when things got too close)

But man, if only I knew it was weak to elec. Would of help me get more all out attacks.

Jintor

I need to get a me patra skill card so I can stick it into permanent storage on a character

i still don't know what to do really with yukiko and aigis. Aigis is good as a tank, sure, but what makes peeps actually want to hit her?

Might replace yukiko, she's good, but anything reliant on magic kind of blows really

Fandangox

I need to get a me patra skill card so I can stick it into permanent storage on a character

i still don't know what to do really with yukiko and aigis. Aigis is good as a tank, sure, but what makes peeps actually want to hit her?

Might replace yukiko, she's good, but anything reliant on magic kind of blows really

Is there a Life Wall skill card? That could help, then again I don't even know if Life Wall is a priority move.

spiritfox

She gets a passive later on that can negate elemental damage for her row, and Swordbreaker is also pretty good. She dies respectable damage as a physical dealer too.

Xenoflare

I saved up a small fortune and gave 4/5 of my team members myriad arrows. While having Naoto doing panic and P4MC doing agility binds.

I feel like I'm cheating this entire game.

How long did it take you guys to beat the first dungeon? I'm level 13 and 12 hours in and still on the first floor!

Stuck on the room with the roses and 2 FOES

hitmon

Just picked up the game and trying to choose which MC to start with. Any general tips for a beginner?

I noticed there is DLC available, are they unlockable without purchasing through playing the game?

Just started this today. I'm playing on normal. Do you guys have any tips?

The loop is to go in, get as far as you can then get out, sell your shit, buy better shit and then repeat. Keep a few Goho-Ms on hand, fuse personas when you get the chance, and always save as much as possible. Personally I set the game to 'auto draw' the walls, which I prefer. Some call that blasphemy, but I liked only having to fill in doors and passages and whatnot

I finished the first dungeon and got the other team to play with - I'm kind of happy with my party balance atm but I feel like I should see what the other party members can do. Still haven't fused any personas and now I've got side quests open too.

I tried the first side quest with getting some food for the girl... and I thought my brain was going to melt from all the tedious dialogue - obviously I failed the quest. Can I get by without doing these dialogue-heavy side quests or are they really worth doing for whatever you get from them? I'm going to need a pen and paper, I certainly can't remember which squeaky brat had the soda and which had the chopsticks!

Ourobolus

Banned
Man, farming for cash for endgame personas is time-consuming. Not to mention all of the skill cards I want to make the ultimate team.

Man, farming for cash for endgame personas is time-consuming. Not to mention all of the skill cards I want to make the ultimate team.
Say whaaa? Farming for money is like the easiest thing in the game for me at least. (only endgame though) What I always do is just
grind at the Power Spots in the 9th floor of the Clock Tower, both materials give you a good deal of money
, that way a few visits in and you get 1,000,000 yen fast enough.
I tried the first side quest with getting some food for the girl... and I thought my brain was going to melt from all the tedious dialogue - obviously I failed the quest. Can I get by without doing these dialogue-heavy side quests or are they really worth doing for whatever you get from them? I'm going to need a pen and paper, I certainly can't remember which squeaky brat had the soda and which had the chopsticks!
Well the game always repeats the most important things the characters say during those types of requests, if you forget about them for some reason just note them down in the map. If I remember right,
you only had to obtain the coffe from Ken, give it to Kanji&Yosuke for them to finish whatever they were eating (since they had the biggest food) and that's it.
But really, if you found that one hard, wait for the Hot Pot request.

Sadist

Anyone have a map for Inaba Pride Exhibit Night 4?

It's driving me crazy.

Edit: got out, whew. Off to grind a few levels before facing off with the boss...

jobrro

Just finished my run through P4 route just now. Got pretty fatigued with the game about 3/4s of the way through so had a bit of a break. Never played EO before and I was not great at some of those puzzles, was pretty slack with the mapping until toward the end which didn't help. Thought the final laberinth wasn't as tricky as the previous one though.

Overall enjoyed the game, though don't think I'll be doing a P3 run anytime soon but might have a look at some videos to see if there's some good cutscenes on that side.

Xenoflare

Just finished my run through P4 route just now. Got pretty fatigued with the game about 3/4s of the way through so had a bit of a break. Never played EO before and I was not great at some of those puzzles, was pretty slack with the mapping until toward the end which didn't help. Thought the final laberinth wasn't as tricky as the previous one though.

Overall enjoyed the game, though don't think I'll be doing a P3 run anytime soon but might have a look at some videos to see if there's some good cutscenes on that side.

I took a month of break after hitting dungeon 4. So I understand where you are coming from.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, 4th dungeon 3rd floor, there's a dead end where yukari asks about how she's falling behind, but I have no idea how to progress this.

Xenoflare

Really? I assumed cos the two MCs have a side quest tied to being at lvl 55 that everyone would as well...

Having the two protagonist at level 55 unlocks the ultimate persona quest, after finishing it your party members will evolve their personas once they hit 55.

For people who completed the game, do I still have to do this side quest in NG+ to unlock it?

Having the two protagonist at level 55 unlocks the ultimate persona quest, after finishing it your party members will evolve their personas once they hit 55.

For people who completed the game, do I still have to do this side quest in NG+ to unlock it?

In NG+ everyone who previously had their ultimate Personas will keep them, but you have to complete the quest again to get the Persona's of anyone who doesn't have their ultimate yet to evolve.

Xenoflare

In NG+ everyone who previously had their ultimate Personas will keep them, but you have to complete the quest again to get the Persona's of anyone who doesn't have their ultimate yet to evolve.

In other words grind everyone to 55 before the game ends.

Does the level also carry over? Or just everyone will just start at level one with the ultimates?

Xenoflare

Pretty much everything besides equipped and carried Personas carries over if you choose to.

I'm not sure if that answers my question.

I take it as a yes? Meaning I can start with ultimates without carrying over the levels?

Don't really wanna rush the game.... Even if it's a new game plus.

Or is it like SMT IV where there is a "new life" option and a "reincarnation" option.

I'm not sure if that answers my question.

I take it as a yes? Meaning I can start with ultimates without carrying over the levels?

Don't really wanna rush the game.... Even if it's a new game plus.

When you start a new game plus you get the option to carry over the compendium, party status, money and items and a separate option for map data. The first one carries over the ultimate Personas and levels. I don't think you can separate those things.

Xenoflare

When you start a new game plus you get the option to carry over the compendium, party status, money and items and a separate option for map data. The first one carries over the ultimate Personas and levels. I don't think you can separate those things.

Alright, thanks.

Just beat this game. Had a lot of fun. The final boss
Both parts
was so much easier once I got the evolved personas. Aigis's persona skill in particular is amazing when combined with life shield which she naturally gets anyways

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone explain
Sacrifice Fusions
to me. I don't lose the fusions if they're in my compendium, right? Only on the Persona deck?

random25

Someone explain
Sacrifice Fusions
to me. I don't lose the fusions if they're in my compendium, right? Only on the Persona deck?

You choose 2 Personas in your deck to sacrifice and the third one you choose will get the experience from the sacrifice. Sacrificing one or 2 Personas with the same arcana as the recipient will net more experience. Plus you also get an item drop depending on the Persona you sacrificed.

Yes you won't lose the sacrificed Personas in the compendium. Just make sure to register them if you want to bring them back at their latest state.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, basically use it to boost all the Personae's I'm using with Personae's that are "trash"/fodder that I'm getting from the dungeon?

Why wasn't this unlocked sooner? :| I've been literally "NO GET OUT"ing a bunch of repeat Personae I've gotten from the dungeons so far.

random25

Yep. I use it to easily level up a FOE-obtained high-level Persona to easily pad its skills and be usable at the start rather than stock them up.

Yeah they could just have it available from the start, but it's Margaret being Margaret lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Move to community, noooo. I always forget about threads when this happens.

Still on the 3rd labyrinth. Taking my sweet time.

Its been almost two months and I'm wondering if I should cave or not. Atlus games always go on sale but I don't when that's gonna happen for this.

Ourobolus

Banned
Finally beat the other side (P4) this weekend, decided to take on the optional boss.

1. Don't equip the Omnipotent Orb unless you want to get Megidolaon'd to death.
2. HOLY SHIT THEY USE SAMARECARM
3. Well, I guess I have to take out
Elizabeth and Theodore
at the same time or else I'll be stuck with them reviving each other. Darn.

Hopefully I can knock it out this week. I spent a couple of days beating ALBW in the meantime.

Jintor

Fatigue hitting hard on dungeon 4 floor 4.

I knew it was a spin off, and the dungeoneering is so much better than the main series, but it really does tell me how much of persona is the time management and the sense of time progression to me. Even though I'm progressing levels and theoretically character building etc pq just feels like I'm trapped in infinite dungeon hell. There's no sweet release of clearing a dungeon then having a week or two of mucking around time.

Top Bottom