• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

FluxWaveZ

I can't believe I didn't see this coming.

Dungeon 4 boss (Hard) + afterwards:
For some reason, I was convinced that I was in the last dungeon and Best Friend was the last boss. My party was around level 52 and what I thought was the final boss was extremely simple; way more simple than the Old Doll F.O.E. I had faced recently for the side quest. Practically everything it did missed my party, yet I never thought "Wait... what if this isn't it?" I popped my only Soma with this mindset...

After the big reveals, this game really does share a lot in common with the first Persona.

Xenoflare

Dungeon 4 boss (Hard) + afterwards:
For some reason, I was convinced that I was in the last dungeon and Best Friend was the last boss. My party was around level 52 and what I thought was the final boss was extremely simple; way more simple than the Old Doll F.O.E. I had faced recently for the side quest. Practically everything it did missed my party, yet I never thought "Wait... what if this isn't it?" I popped my only Soma with this mindset...

After the big reveals, this game really does share a lot in common with the first Persona.

Dungeon 4's boss is really simple and extremely straight forward. The only gimmick being it reviving itself

NichM

Banned

[late-game PQ spoiler]
As soon as I got to the line at the script about Elizabeth saying there were four locks and four guardians, I asked the translator, "So there are five dungeons, right?"

[late-game PQ spoiler]
As soon as I got to the line at the script about Elizabeth saying there were four locks and four guardians, I asked the translator, "So there are five dungeons, right?"

I was expecting even more, considering what happened in (spoilers for an SMT game)
Strange Journey.

Man that first dungeon boss is kicking my ass, I almost beat her on level 9 but decided to train some. Now level 10 and she's kicking my ass even harder.

I've kept up on completing requests as I've gone through the last labyrinth. Is there anything I need to make sure I do before I enter the last boss battle? The only thing I haven't done is
beat the Reaper, but I assume that comes up as a request after I beat the Clocktower God.

I've kept up on completing requests as I've gone through the last labyrinth. Is there anything I need to make sure I do before I enter the last boss battle? The only thing I haven't done is
beat the Reaper, but I assume that comes up as a request after I beat the Clocktower God.

You should be fine, there shouldn't be anything that fighting the last boss will lock you out of.

Jachaos

I feel this will be an obvious answer, but I have a question. Why is Yukari dealing so few damage? I have (late game spoilers)
Io become Isis so it has the Wind enhancing skill. I'm just now making my way through the clock tower
. Her Magic is really high, even better than Yukiko's (it's at 75, the latter's at 74) but Yukiko's Agidyne does much more damage than Yukari's Garudyne. Am I missing something? Another stat I don't know about? Do sub-personas influence the main persona stats somehow?

I have Yukari with Kaguya still even though I'm pretty late in the game because Return from Yomi and Lunar Blessing saved me a few times and HP+136 SP+60 is unmatched by my other higher level Personas but I'll fuse something better for her soon now.

Setsu00

I feel this will be an obvious answer, but I have a question. Why is Yukari dealing so few damage? I have (late game spoilers)
Io become Isis so it has the Wind enhancing skill. I'm just now making my way through the clock tower
. Her Magic is really high, even better than Yukiko's (it's at 75, the latter's at 74) but Yukiko's Agidyne does much more damage than Yukari's Garudyne. Am I missing something? Another stat I don't know about? Do sub-personas influence the main persona stats somehow?

I have Yukari with Kaguya still even though I'm pretty late in the game because Return from Yomi and Lunar Blessing saved me a few times and HP+136 SP+60 is unmatched by my other higher level Personas but I'll fuse something better for her soon now.

Sub Personas apparently get a penalty if their level is about ten levels below the level of the character using them. This isn't mentioned in the game for some bizarre reason.

Laconic

Banned
Sub Personas apparently get a penalty if their level is about ten levels below the level of the character using them. This isn't mentioned in the game for some bizarre reason.

Once I found that out, I was feeding sacrifices like mad to my link subs.

Man, I have this queued up in my 2ds, but after starting to crawl through the first/tutorial dungeon I am just thinking how much neater the walking would be in 3d. I am holding out till the n3DS hits the states.

I hope this thread will be still visited when I have questions.

random25

Didn't know that one, though I'm not affected as I always use higher-leveled Personas. What kind of penalty do they get?

Jachaos

Dungeon 4 boss is immune to poison and curse omg. How am I supposed to cheese my way through this fight now? ;_;

I bought a dozen Chewing Soul and kept feeding them to Mind Charged Agidyne from a buffed Yukiko while the boss also getting debuffs. Got through eventually.

kanamechan

...Seriously?

That explains a lot, since I always considered sub personas to be completely useless for anything but passives due to their apparently weak skills (aside the instant kills, of course).

None of my personas were within 10 levels of my party. That kind of grinding to get them useful is a biiiiiiiiit ridiculous, haha.

Setsu00

Didn't know that one, though I'm not affected as I always use higher-leveled Personas. What kind of penalty do they get?

...Seriously?

That explains a lot, since I always considered sub personas to be completely useless for anything but passives due to their apparently weak skills (aside the instant kills, of course).

None of my personas were within 10 levels of my party. That kind of grinding to get them useful is a biiiiiiiiit ridiculous, haha.

I am serious. It's just that those Personas are dramatically less effective than they would be under normal circumstances.

Sadist

Ugh, final dungeon ahoy

I'm stuck on the 7th floor of the clocktower. It's the gondola puzzle but I seem to miss something obvious... I know moving them around will get you to new places, but the final piece (reaching the 8th floor?) doesn't connect so to speak.

Astarte

Ugh, final dungeon ahoy

I'm stuck on the 7th floor of the clocktower. It's the gondola puzzle but I seem to miss something obvious... I know moving them around will get you to new places, but the final piece (reaching the 8th floor?) doesn't connect so to speak.

I got it by using my technique for every floor's puzzle; flail around until you brute force everything.

PK Gaming

...Seriously?

It's worth keeping in mind that that penalty starts as early as level 5 (10% drop in power) and caps at 10 (50% drop in power)

kewlmyc

Laughed my ass off when they decided to break out the Algebraic graphs for some of the puzzles. Wow Evil Spirit Club is such a good dungeon. If only the baby F.O.Es were even remotely threatening. I guess the Dolls make up for it with all of their bullshit.

Laconic

Banned
Laughed my ass off when they decided to break out the Algebraic graphs for some of the puzzles. Wow Evil Spirit Club is such a good dungeon. If only the baby F.O.Es were even remotely threatening. I guess the Dolls make up for it with all of their bullshit.

Especially as P3MC.

I guess that's why the Homunculus item was introduced right about then.

Lol

I've reached the 8th floor, so I'm good.

Heh. nice. :)

Lusankya

I was really annoyed by the doll who
pursues you in ESC 4. Until I learned that Naoto can just on-shot her with her skills. >_< "Resisting" light my ass.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any late game grinding advice? I just hit the last boss area I believe
The big spider holding Rei
and it's destroying me. Regular encounters are giving me so little exp though, I need something faster.
Playing risky with P3MC and levels all around

Help?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Kill the golden bonus boss on the final floor of dungeon 3.

Any reason to do 3 instead of the golden dude on 4? Just faster kills? I'm also fully caught up on requests unfortunately. Those were nice for exp.

Dungeon 4's boss is really simple and extremely straight forward. The only gimmick being it reviving itself
One of the memorable things that happened there was that it always
hit Kanji and no one else, Kanji must've been like "WHY DO ALL FLUFFY THINGS HATE ME?!"
That kind of grinding to get them useful is a biiiiiiiiit ridiculous, haha.
Just sacrifice Personas.
Any reason to do 3 instead of the golden dude on 4? Just faster kills? I'm also fully caught up on requests unfortunately. Those were nice for exp.
I always thought the 4th one was easier because the 3th always used stupid ailments every turn like Sleep or Curse, and if it wasn't that, it just used Mamudoon and killed all of my party members. Plus it uses Maragion so it takes out your Boosted status. On other hand, the only annoying thing with the 4th one is that sometimes it may use Mind Charge and then Megidola.

bobohoro

As far as I remember the 3rd one gives more exp and/or is faster to kill. But I'm not totally sure anymore and don't have any means of testing right now.

Should only one character bother with links? Since Kanji is fulfilling that function, currently, I figure I should have Chie focus on something else.

Ourobolus

Banned
Should only one character bother with links? Since Kanji is fulfilling that function, currently, I figure I should have Chie focus on something else.
I didn't find a reason to have it on more than one guy. You just want your fastest guy with them (or Kanji with Dragon Cry).

kanamechan

Just sacrifice Personas.
I just used passive skills instead. Just annoyed the game didn't make it clear.

And with grinding I more meant getting the money for personas - the main issue I had was that I always fused to get all the personas for my collection, so I never had many around to fuse.

I'd have played differently if I knew about that mechanic.

I need some help with the third floor of the fourth dungeon, in the east there's a small room with 2 FOEs going in circles and I can't get past them, I tried bringing fire in the room to make them sweaty but that didn't help..

The final boss is destroying me, oh noes

Any tips? Weapons, Persona's or anything else?
If I'm understanding what you mean right, just panic it before it does its 'move'. And bring
people with Samerecarm and revival beads/the revival item that revives you with all of your HP.
just in case.

Rnr1224

Beat the first dungeon and I am liking the game note with all of the other options. Definitely seeing the difficulty go up as soon as I stepped into the second labyrinth.

Busaiku

I accidentally marked over a door as a wall in the last dungeon area and I got lost for 2 hours.
Had to use someone else's map to find out what I was doing wrong.

That was not fun.
The dungeon otherwise was great, especially the music.

Will just have the final boss for tomorrow.

Top Bottom