• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.O.O.

tumblr_mple5vgryO1qzmowao1_1280.jpg
large children collider

Looks like something Bjork would do

tchotchke-dancing-cat-gif.gif

Also, I think we should start a petition to put this thread back in OT. We're not a community, more of a collection of weirdos. A brothel, perhaps.

Either way, it just seems weird. Pics that make you laugh is open to everyone and anyone.

Avixph

Übermatik;69343266 said:
tchotchke-dancing-cat-gif.gif

Also, I think we should start a petition to put this thread back in OT. We're not a community, more of a collection of weirdos. A brothel, perhaps.

Either way, it just seems weird. Pics that make you laugh is open to everyone and anyone.

It's even open to cretins like you.

tumblr_mj060nfDUQ1qcakl4o4_250.gif

Übermatik;69343266 said:

Yes but OT isn't "supposed" to just be a place to throw enclaves and insular groups. The hope is that the traffic drop will slowly reverse itself as people learn to come to Community for threads like this.

Floex

Yes but OT isn't "supposed" to just be a place to throw enclaves and insular groups. The hope is that the traffic drop will slowly reverse itself as people learn to come to Community for threads like this.

But it's not a topic for discussion. It's a topic you quickly go into and swiftly come out again. This topic has pretty much died off since coming into here.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
But it's not a topic for discussion. It's a topic you quickly go into and swiftly come out again. This topic has pretty much died off since coming into here.

I agree. Community just isn't as discoverable as OT. It's not just this thread either. You basically have to already know about the threads here to participate, or have someone point you in their direction. And it's easy to forget about the Community threads if you don't subscribe.

It might help the "Latest Posts" feature on the main page included Community threads, or if OT had a "This Week in OT Community" post containing links to updated threads.

What is going to happen once this thread is alive again in Community and starts to demmand all the power from GAF servers? Where are we going to be moved this time? ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
j/k

4q4K2EI.gif

Community is seen as a ghetto. There's no denying this. But when EL moved heaps and heaps of threads over, the hope was (and still is) that you'll see a slow shift in people's browsing behaviors. Community wasn't "supposed" to be the place you sent threads to die, and the only way to fix that is to make it home to more than the insular community threads that it used to be almost solely comprised of.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to move it, but it's policy.

okdakor

But when EL moved heaps and heaps of threads over, the hope was (and still is) that you'll see a slow shift in people's browsing behaviors.

Part of the problem was the lack of information... EL posted an announcement saying that some threads moved to community, but a listing of these threads would have been useful (I discovered the moving thanks to my subscription)... Maybe even some description of what was going on in said threads, to tease new visitors...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

It just boggles my mind a little bit whenever I see that the "funny pictures" thread is considered insular and thus a community thread and DatingAge isn't

Community is seen as a ghetto. There's no denying this. But when EL moved heaps and heaps of threads over, the hope was (and still is) that you'll see a slow shift in people's browsing behaviors. Community wasn't "supposed" to be the place you sent threads to die, and the only way to fix that is to make it home to more than the insular community threads that it used to be almost solely comprised of.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to move it, but it's policy.
well it doesn't seem to be working

Gui_PT

It just looks like people can't seem to find threads like this one. And that they don't use the subscribe feature.

So at least a sticky with information about where the threads are would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom