• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pilot Season 2012-2013 - Bringing you the next Whitney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

*cough*

ExUS8.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
Lost's is different.

99% of the upfront promo photos are taking the best costume photoshoots and slapping them together against a background. Then, every season, they will re-shoot an actual cast photo that could end up as the DVD cover or something.

ivysaur12

Banned
The I'm-not-dead-yet-pick-me-up shows that I want:

- Awesometown
- Mandy Moore
- Last Resort (with caveats)

- Ralph Lamb
- Golden Boy
- Oh Fuck, It's You
- Super Fun Night
- Louis CK

- Do No Harm
- County

- Mastermind
- Rogue
- Mindy
- Rebounding
- The Goodwin Games

- First Cut
- Beauty & The Beast (CW)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
FX Developing Female Serial Killer Drama

FX has put in development a drama series adaptation of Chelsea Cain’s best-selling book series Heartsick. The thriller novels, Heartsick, Sweetheart and Evil At Heart, center on beautiful therapist-turned-series killer Gretchen Lowell and her relationship with damaged Portland detective Archie Sheridan. Mikko Alanne (5 Days Of War) is set to write the series adaptation. Manager/producer Geyer Kosinski (Magic City) is executive producing through his Media Talent Group.

Busty

Banned
Is that Eamon Walker? I've always loved him since Oz, but every network show he's in gets canceled.

Agreed. Really like Eamon Walker. Glad to see a British actor doing well for themselves in the broadcast pilot season.

The I'm-not-dead-yet-pick-me-up shows that I want:

- Last Resort (with caveats)

Do tell. I'm really interested in this show but it still feels (sight unseen) a strange fit for ABC at the moment.

There was talk (in Variety?) that ABC just wanted Last Resort as an 8 episode event series like The River but Sony balked because they wanted a 13 episode order owing to the show's cost.

ivysaur12

Banned
Agreed. Really like Eamon Walker. Glad to see a British actor doing well for themselves in the broadcast pilot season.

Do tell. I'm really interested in this show but it still feels (sight unseen) a strange fit for ABC at the moment.

There was talk (in Variety?) that ABC just wanted Last Resort as an 8 episode event series like The River but Sony balked because they wanted a 13 episode order owing to the show's cost.

I'm in the minority of my friends, but I really think the only reason people are high on the script is that it's Shawn Ryan. There is way too many logical jumps that need to get the show from A to Z in 45 minutes. I do think there's a story there, but it's the type of narrative that shouldn't be jammed into one episode. There's way too much happening without any room to breath and the entire pilot suffers as a result.

Also, shitty characters without any real grit to them. Casting is amazing, though, and I'm sure that will make up for some of it.

Funny, though - The pilot is called "Captain", aka the pilot of a submarine.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Reliance Starts U.S. TV Production Company, Nears Drama Series Order At NBC

So far, Reliance has been known in Hollywood for its film investments, primarily as financier of Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks Studios. Now the Indian media giant is venturing into American television, backing a new 10-episode pirate series for NBC eyed for a March premiere, which will likely be announced at the network’s upfront presentation Monday. I’ve learned that NBC is finalizing a deal for a straight-to-series order to the period drama, which will be produced by Georgeville Television, an independent TV studio formed recently by producer and former Heyday Films executive Marc Rosen (Harry Potter), and Motion Picture Capital, the finance arm of Reliance Entertainment.

Luther creator Neil Cross is nearing a deal to write the project and executive produce it with Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald. The drama was originally set up at NBC last June under Parkes/MacDonald Prods’ first-look deal with the network. It became the first drama buy for then-new NBC chief Bob Greenblatt and his team last summer, with Jim Hart and Amanda Wells brought in to write it. Cross will now write the project under his recently inked overall deal with Universal TV. The series is based on the book The Republic Of Pirates by Colin Woodard. Set during the 10-year “Golden Age of Piracy” from 1715 to 1725, it follows some of the world’s most notorious pirates as they forge their own rogue nation, called New Providence, which became the first democracy in the Americas.

anaron

I'd also really like to see Mandy Moore week to week so please abc, pick up her show.

Gimme that and:

Last Resort
Super Fun Night
Susan 313 & Hilary Winston (fat chance, I know)
Awesometown
County
Cult
Shelter (it could work)

ivysaur12

Banned
I'd also really like to see Mandy Moore week to week so please abc, pick up her show.

Gimme that and:

Last Resort
Super Fun Night
Susan 313 & Hilary Winston (fat chance, I know)
Awesometown
County
Cult
Shelter (it could work)

Cult is a POS. Mandy is funny. Susan and Hilary (now, Happy Valley) are dead. A-Town is in limbo until ABC decides what they're doing with Apartment 23 and where Happy Endings is going.

ivysaur12

Banned
Mindy a go.

GOODWIN GAMES A GO YES

EDIT: Mob Doctor a go. No word on Mastermind, Rogue, or Guilty.

EDIT 2: Mindy is now called "It's Messy". Ben Fox is now called "Ben & Kate"

EDIT 3: Kevin Williamson picked up, called "The Following". UGH FOX THESE TITLES ARE SO BAD.

Sean

Banned
Do we know how many shows Fox is picking up? They've ordered five shows today, can't be much more left..

Wondering if this means The Asset (female CIA agent pilot) is dead. It sounded promising to me.

ivysaur12

Banned
Do we know how many shows Fox is picking up? They've ordered five shows today, can't be much more left..

Wondering if this means The Asset (female CIA agent pilot) is dead. It sounded promising to me.

The Asset is dead. Rogue is probably dead as well. Guilty is the only one left in contention. On the comedy side, I would bet that Rebounding and maybe the Little Brother could get orders. Otherwise, they're done.

NBC still has a lot left to do.

ivysaur12

Banned
Damn, I thought the script was getting good buzz too.

Wasn't a fan of Ali Larter being cast as the lead though. Guessing she turned in yet another shitty performance and tanked this project.

That, among other things. Rebounding was supposedly good. I'm gonna watch Friday Night Dinner tonight.

EDIT: Oh man. Yeah, I get why Friday Night Dinner wasn't picked up. God we're so much funnier than this.

Busty

Banned
No surprise that FOX picked up The Following (don't hate that title as much as some do) but I'm a little surprised that some are talking about it as a mid season show given that it's a 15 episode order.

Given Fox's bizarre scheduling with Idol/X-Factor etc I think a high profile drama with 15 episodes is ideal to launch in the fall and maybe have Guilty premiere in mid season with Following finished it's run.

The Asset, Rogue, Rebounding, El Jefe, Little Brother, Prodigal Bully all dead.

Fox not picking up Like Father has got to be a bit of a slap in the face to Bill Laurence and especially WB who just signed him to a big muiti year deal.

I'd heard good things about Let It Go starring Zachary Levi would have had a good shot at Fox. The same with El Jefe.

At least Sony can rest easy knowing they'll have at least ONE drama on a broadcast network next season with Mob Doctor.

ivysaur12

Banned
They're waiting on Guilty. We'll hear in a few weeks. No idea why.

Hearing good things quality wise about The Carrie Diaries. I'm skeptical, and can't get over the SATC brand in my head. Also heard Super Fun Night might not happen, but I'm skeptical on that as well (this is from the person that is currently 0 for 2 for predictions).

ivysaur12

Banned
Do No Harm ordered to series. NBC should be finishing today... I hope.

EDIT: Notorious picked up. Da fauq? And nnow known as Infamous.

Busty

Banned
Notorious picked up. Da fauq? And nnow known as Infamous.

Someone described this as 'Revenge for black people'. Surely that can't be true.

What's next? A LOST for Latinos? The Office for Native American? Urgh.

Hearing good things quality wise about The Carrie Diaries. I'm skeptical, and can't get over the SATC brand in my head.

Anecdotally I know so many (grown) women who are really excited for this show even though I tell them it's not on HBO.

They just want more Carrie in any form they can get her.

ivysaur12

Banned
The big day for ABC is tomorrow. Happy Endings will finish their renewal in the morning (Sony/ABC studios thing).

We'll probably get Apt 23 and LMS at noon. Those two will probably be joined by Scandal for a 13 ep order (HE probably being 22). Maybe Body of Proof.

The word is that almost every single pilot at ABC is in play. Not only did they have a disappointing development season, but Paul Lee has been super silent on most things internally on both the drama and comedy side. The biggest question marks this season have been at ABC, and it'll be intriguing to see where the chips falls. If there's going to be a BFFs-type dark horse this year, it'll be at ABC.

ivysaur12

Banned
How To Live With Your Parents For The Rest of Your Life picked up.

EDIT: 666 Park Ave picked up. Almost worked on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom