• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 |OT| - Can You Make It Past The Asteroid Belt?

kassatsu

Banned
pjs2logo.jpg

info.png

• Platform: PSN
  • Developer: Q-Games
  • Genre: Strategic Action Shooter
  • Release Date: March 1st (NA / HK) | March 2nd (EU) | March 3rd (JP)
  • Price: $9.99 | €7.99 | £6.29 | ¥1000 | HK$ 84.00
  • Demo: Yes
  • Rating: Everyone | PEGI 7
  • PixelJunk Website

Featuring:
  • All New Suits (Hungry, Light)
  • New Fluids (Acid, Digestive Gas, Honeycomb/Bees) Plus Lava, Ice, Oil
  • 1 v 1 Online Multiplayer
  • 3 new bosses and 15 new stages
  • More kickass music from High Frequency Bandwidth

screens.png

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

5.png
6.png

7.png
8.png

trailers.png

PixelJunk Shooter 2 Survivor Files

Trailer

Gameplay

reviews.png

Embargo is up 9am (PST) Tuesday

Metacritic | Gamerankings

I made a PSN Chatroom, if you want in... send me a request.

DoomGyver

I loved the first one but the length of the game was weak for the price. Looks like there is a lot more content this time around. Will my body be ready?

Full Recovery said:
I loved the first one but the length of the game was weak for the price. Looks like there is a lot more content this time around. Will my body be ready?

Oh, it will be ready. Ready to be covered in Ice, lava and "other" fluids.

kassatsu

Banned
I will be making a thread in Community later this week for online play. I might make some GAF tourneys with stuff to give away.

Fluid dynamics: the game

I'll definitely pick this up. Really enjoyed Pixeljunk Shooter, that cliffhanger got me really excited for this.

Replicant

maomaoIYP said:
Honestly I'm craving for Eden 2 instead. I never understood why Eden wasn't as well received as Shooter.

Maybe because it's frustrating as hell? At least Shooter was within reasonable perimeter for its difficulty curve.

Anyway, I didn't know this is out this week as well. Bloody hell, I don't think I can afford this and Dead Space 2: Severed at the same time.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Will buy this, eventually. Kinda busy with Killzone 3 and Dead Space Extraction, plus still some more to do with Dead Space 2 and its incoming DLC.

maomaoIYP said:
Honestly I'm craving for Eden 2 instead. I never understood why Eden wasn't as well received as Shooter.
I tried the demo and didn't understand what the fuck was going on. I had little clue what I was doing or what I was trying to do.

Eccocid

Haven't played the first one even! Gonna try this one...
bbuut buuuuuut all i want is a new Monsters game with zillions of levels! :(

maomaoIYP

Replicant said:
Maybe because it's frustrating as hell? At least Shooter was within reasonable perimeter for its difficulty curve.

Dan said:
I tried the demo and didn't understand what the fuck was going on. I had little clue what I was doing or what I was trying to do.

Really? Oh man, the difficulty issue I can understand, but I didn't know people were getting lost with it. Until today Eden still stands for me as the single most beautiful and unique experience on both the PSN and XBLA.

I bought Shooter hoping for something similar and was very disappointed.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
First game was one of the best smaller games ever released, massively underrated in my opinion. Genius both in how fun it was to play and how it was programmed. I was craving this sequel since the moment I finished the first game.

I personally loved the look of it too, but I think the game didn't get the attention it deserved thanks to its graphics style. Something less vector looking and more colorful/realistic would probably make people's eyes pop with the kind of particle engine they had going there. But that's not the kind of style Q-games ever seem to go for, so I can understand.

*edit* That multiplayer video looks awesome. I didn't even know the game will have online mode.

RustyO

Grinchy said:
I bought and played the first one until I hit 100% on it so this is pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Likewise, quite enjoyed the first one, so this will be a no-brainer purchase for me too.

Not sure if I care about multiplayer though.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Will buy. Need to watch this MP trailer and see what it's all about. However, I'm mostly a lone gamer, so SP is my focus.

Birbo

My 7-year old son and I play through the first one not too long ago and had the best time together. Told him this morning we'd be playing #2 soon as his eyes lit up. Cannot wait.

I was getting tired of the first one just as it ended so it was a perfect length for the dynamics and what it had to offer. I probably won't buy this one unless it really mixes shit up with like oil-ice-lava-bees all bouncing off each other and what not. And chalk me up for also wanting and Eden 2.... Best PixelJunk game ever.

Birbo said:
My 7-year old son and I play through the first one not too long ago and had the best time together. Told him this morning we'd be playing #2 soon as his eyes lit up. Cannot wait.
This made me awwwwwwwww.

maomaoIYP said:

I love Eden and I love Shooter, but if asked I would say I would rather have many many Shooter sequels than Eden sequels. The thing about Eden is you have to play it in small doses, especially when you get to the later levels. It just takes so much damn time to get 3, 4, 5 spectra in the last stages that finishing a stage then going back to do the same thing plus one more gets so tiring. It comes across as feeling a lot more repetitive. I'm completely satisfied with Eden + Encore as a whole set, that's more than enough swinging and jumping gameplay to keep me happy.

Shooter on the other hand, was criminally short but extremely fun, so it left me wanting more instead of making me want to take a break. Maybe it will feel more repetitive as there are more stages, but honestly I would eat up all sorts of Shooter content.

GeoramA

You definitely get your money's worth with Eden. That's one long ass $10 game.

About Shooter, I really should finish the first game before I buy PJS2. I quit on it because the final boss was taking way too long to beat. I guess I'll youtube it to see if there's a faster way.

kassatsu

Banned
slider said:
Was just about to ask for more details on the MP. Looks good. But I wouldn't say it's the best MP based on the video. Of course actually playing it may change my mind!
The game gets super intense. there are multiple ways to win too. you can either take survivors to your base or steal them from the other base.

the level design in mp is top notch.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sweet. I did not realize that this was releasing this soon. I've been playing Pixel Junk Shooter quite a bit lately. I've gotta finish that and I'll for sure grab this one.

slider

kassatsu said:
The game gets super intense. there are multiple ways to win too. you can either take survivors to your base or steal them from the other base.

the level design in mp is top notch.

This game is bought then...

:)

kassatsu

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
never got around to the 1st, should i pick up or just wait for this?
it picks up from where shooter left off. There is a "previously on" sort of thing when you first start though.

Tymerend

I had no idea this was coming out so soon. Loved the first one. Between this and Vagrant Story, I'm gonna be a smidge busy with PSN this week.

kassatsu

Banned
nickrempe said:
Come for the gems, stay for the color palette.
I forgot to mention in the OP, but the trophies are much easier to get this time.

None of that kill 1000 enemies stuff, most are just done through playing the game. You do still have the rescue all survivors one and the collect all the gems ones though :)

Top Bottom