• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro | First Previews Are Up

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Shocked Bad News GIF

DeaDPo0L84

I want the 30th anniversary out of pure nostalgia, but I'll probably grab the standard black/white cause I'm ocd and all my stuff is that color already.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any reviews showing these supposed PS4 enhancements?

Topher

Gold Member
Wait is this US only? It's nit available from PS Direct in UK?

No, it will be available where ever PS Direct is available

UPDATE: On September 26, 2024, pre-orders will be available directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com and at participating retailers in territories where direct.playstation.com isn’t available. On October 10, 2024, pre-orders will be available at all other participating retailers.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No, it will be available where ever PS Direct is available

UPDATE: On September 26, 2024, pre-orders will be available directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com and at participating retailers in territories where direct.playstation.com isn’t available. On October 10, 2024, pre-orders will be available at all other participating retailers.

So 12midnight?
What payments does Psdirect take? and do they change right away or at dispatch?

Lysandros

By far the most substantial uprgrade playing to the machine's strengths appears to be F1 2024. If there isn't any quirks, it truly sets the bar. And I agree with Insomniac, PSSR sharpening pass seems a bit superfluous, even detrimental to image quality/stability currently. The algorithm has a good enough resolve in itself. Best iQ seems to be HFW which doesn't use PSSR but a custom (retrofitted) "future" solution apparently.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So 12midnight?
What payments does Psdirect take? and do they change right away or at dispatch?

Not sure about the time. That would be useful information, wouldn't it? PS Direct takes credit cards and Klarna from what I see here in the US. Pretty sure they charge right away.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not sure about the time. That would be useful information, wouldn't it? PS Direct takes credit cards and Klarna from what I see here in the US. Pretty sure they charge right away.
They take PayPal too & they say they charge when they ship
Pre-order reservations will be split into individual orders, regardless of the release date, and you will be charged when each item is ready to ship.

Bojji

F1 is the most impressive game so far with added RT effects.

Did you listen? Oliver said the new mode on the Pro has the best image quality, better than Fidelity Mode all the while running at 60fps. This is comparable to what PSSR does. How are they useless?

I didn't saw that in the 4k video. Other than that they made some things better in the distance and some things worse?

Last edited:
Top Bottom