• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Lol. I love the messed up win animations.

In the last match I was in Fat Princess did her happy victory pose, and came in 4th. Lol. I won that one, but it was close, and unfortunately, the PaRappa glitched out, so he couldn't fight in the match.

this came from PS forums

Seriously.

Kat! Better be in!

jsWAPl.jpg

Noi

God damn, that sweet tooth in the match with me and Man-is-Obsolete had it in for me. Went for the kick super with me every single time.
LLShC.gif

BTW FP says corporate "look at me" and twirls around giggling.

And radec does say "death to all"

God damn, that sweet tooth in the match with me and Man-is-Obsolete had it in for me. Went for the kick super with me every single time.
LLShC.gif

What's your screen name?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Fuck Noisama's Radec! God damn you! Lol.

Seriously, your Radec is beastly! Excellent evasion and countering. Bastard. I'll get you yet!!

Also, anyone else having lag issues? I've been all over the place, but my internet is kind of shit anyway. Fricking AT&T.

I'm currently having connection errors left and right.

Noi

Fuck Noisama's Radec! God damn you! Lol.

Seriously, your Radec is beastly! Excellent evasion and countering. Bastard. I'll get you yet!!

Also, anyone else having lag issues? I've been all over the place, but my internet is kind of shit anyway. Fricking AT&T.

I'm currently having connection errors left and right.

I've learned that if I know I'm gonna get hit, I may as well leave a grenade ticking in my opponent's face as a present. :D

That last match was pretty laggy, yeah. The other Kratos kept warping all over the place, alluva sudden hitting me from behind all the time.

Noi

Awww, I only just now noticed that playing the beta doesn't add people to your Players Met list. Yet oddly enough, the LBP Karting beta does.

Well, my new personal best game was... interesting. I went 17-1 with Parappa, but GrimHeaper just taunted while invisible the whole time and a Radec just sat in the corner spamming sticky grenades. Weird.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Hey! Stop using Radec and Sly's level 3's and breaking the match! It's not fun watching you bastards play the game for a minute 30!!!

Anyway, I just pulled off my first Kratos Level 3. I didn't get many kills with it, though, but still won that match.

I'm getting reminded how much I loathe sniper spammers though. The match I won had two Radecs that took up position on both sides of the Hades stage and just spammed their sniper attack. Really obnoxious. Me and Sly seemed to be the only players actually trying to fight.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Bah! No one EVER targets the one leading with kills! It drives me crazy!

Smith, you were clearly dominating as FP, but the two PaRappas just kept going at each other! I tried to slow you down, but you were trying to bait me into using my super so you could counter. Lol. Also, the PaRappas kept interrupting me.

Noi

Bah! No one EVER targets the one leading with kills! It drives me crazy!

Smith, you were clearly dominating as FP, but the two PaRappas just kept going at each other! I tried to slow you down, but you were trying to bait me into using my super so you could counter. Lol. Also, the PaRappas kept interrupting me.

To be fair, I'm hardly ever aware of who is leading unless it's very clearly obvious. There are times when I've come in first where my reaction is "wait, I won?"
KuGsj.gif
I guess what Omar said about wanting people to try their best until the end works for me.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
To be fair, I'm hardly ever aware of who is leading unless it's very clearly obvious. There are times when I've come in first where my reaction is "wait, I won?"
KuGsj.gif
I guess what Omar said about wanting people to try their best until the end works for me.

I tend to, at the least, have a clear idea of who's been getting kills. For that match, I saw FP execute at least 2 supers, while no one else had gotten a kill, so it was clear she was leading.

I'm also really aware of how many kills I've gotten (obviously), but I don't mind keeping track of everyone else as best as I can. I do like not knowing the exact score, so the end is a surprise, but sometimes it's pretty obvious about who's winning.

@Psy - Yeah, thanks! That one was intense, but Superivian is a wicked Kratos. And lol, Supe, at the double taunt in the end! 4 Kratos' is some crazy stuff.

Ran rp

I tend to, at the least, have a clear idea of who's been getting kills. For that match, I saw FP execute at least 2 supers, while no one else had gotten a kill, so it was clear she was leading.

I'm also really aware of how many kills I've gotten (obviously), but I don't mind keeping track of everyone else as best as I can. I do like not knowing the exact score, so the end is a surprise, but sometimes it's pretty obvious about who's winning.

@Psy - Yeah, thanks! That one was intense, but Superivian is a wicked Kratos. And lol, Supe, at the double taunt in the end! 4 Kratos' is some crazy stuff.

Haha yeah, so many blades flying around. And I just noticed all of the people falling from the sky in the Hades stage.

I was taunting but didn't do the level 3, I'm not good enough with Sly to build that much meter. Usually it devolves into me doing electrical attacks, getting bored, then taunting.

You were playing Sly, that is big enough offence to banish you into a black hole.
Especially since you can handle fat Peach.

Boss Man

I let my girlfriend (not a gamer) play this game because she thought it looked fun.

She played as 'the cute little raccoon' and came in first.

I told her how to move, what buttons hit people, the holding down L1 trick, and I explained that when she had that meter full she should press the right trigger with as many people in front of her as she could manage. I coached her a little bit, but still...not sure if this is a good or bad thing about the game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I let my girlfriend (not a gamer) play this game because she thought it looked fun.

I told her how to move, what buttons hit people, the holding down L1 trick, and I explained that when she had that meter full she should press the right trigger with as many people in front of her as she could manage. I coached her a little bit, but still...not sure if this is a good or bad thing about the game.

Yeah, I love to introducing the games to the friends. It was fun to watching people getting frustrated at first but they picked up the skills. That's when they are starting to have fun with the game and all that. I think I convinced about 6-7 people buying Sony Battle Royale.

This is hilarious. I am officially on the Sly is overpowered in this build team. Much easier to win with than other characters.
But I bet he's a lot different in the next beta.
Also, anybody else notice an improvement in the glow you get from your meter? I swear it got better

I'm getting slightly annoyed about the fact that even the weakest swipe will knock my FP out of her level 1 super, while on the other hand i have thrown everything at Kratos or Sweet Tooth to interupt their level 1 supers, including attacks that normally cause hitstun or knockback, and they just shrug it off like it's nothing and procede to kill me. I'm not an fighting game expert, but shouldn't it be possible to interrupt their supers like they do with mine?

Edit:

I've had a lot of fun with the beta so far and the game has been on my to buy list for a while now, but i feel that the lack of transparency (or rather my lack of understanding) of how exactly the supers work (how to interrupt them, how to properly use evade/roll to escape them) curbs my enthusiasm and breeds frustration.

baekshi

Banned
This is hilarious. I am officially on the Sly is overpowered in this build team. Much easier to win with than other characters.
But I bet he's a lot different in the next beta.
Also, anybody else notice an improvement in the glow you get from your meter? I swear it got better
I think its just your eyes that got better at noticing.

Top Bottom