• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

holy fuck. worst match ever. I used a lvl 2 super and 2 lvl 1's and every. single. one. was interuptted. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. and that lvl 2 was a guaranteed 3 kill ugh.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
PSY・S;40603908 said:
Nah, you're good.

I rolled through Kratos' Lvl 1 once today.

I also rolled through Kratos' Lvl 1 twice in the last match I was in before I froze. He killed Fat Princess, but somehow missed me. I think I lucked into the timing of it. It seems like there is a very short window in how to avoid it, and you have to be kind of close to him for it.

I love this game, but some of the spammers are really grating on me, and I'm reminded why I tend to stay in single player only, and just fight against bots when given the choice. I'm sure my enthusiasm for FFA will return when I can get into more matches with you guys. I don't think I get many matches with the GAF crew. If I do, we usually end up paired with a spammer, or someone who glitches out a level 3.

I'm looking forward to the next patch though. I'll probably play some more later tonight after spending some quality time with my wife (who is currently playing DCUO on my PS3; which makes no sense, since she has her own PS3 at her computer desk. Lol).

lmao I've never had this happen before. Radec used his lvl 3 and killed me good that the game wouldn't let me respawn the rest of the match.
Mercy from the game.=[

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
LOL at The Grim Heaper and Miutsu. You bastard, Grim.

Sly is on my hit list anyway, but that ain't helping!

EDIT: XKill, that happened to me as well. It was annoying, because it happened halfway through the match, so I couldn't do anything for a minute and a half. It was lame! I just had to watch the guys fight, although there was at least a semblance of 1v1 there when the third guy was K.O'd, leaving the other two to battle it out for a bit until he respawned).

Miutsu

Invisi-Taunting as Sly is amazing, everyone.

:3 You got stuck with it two or three times!

i got disconnected too ):

But damn!

Yeah, two times, it wasnt actually that it bothered me but it surely distracted me enough :p

Also, just had a double kill with another radec and two lvl 1 going out the same way at the same time, was interesting

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
He was infuriating in that match, squaring me to death WHILE INVISIBLE.

I'm beginning to think they need to either

1) Make Sly exit invisibility when he attacks

or

2) Make Sly use up some AP for as long as he is invisible.

There needs to be a trade off. I'd be willing to put up with his somewhat overpowered supers if his invisibility was regulated in some way.

SmithnCo

Might have been lag but wtf @ Sly's level 1 in a match I just played. He pops in off in midair and the splash damage kills people from five feet away.

Gorillaz

Might have been lag but wtf @ Sly's level 1 in a match I just played. He pops in off in midair and the splash damage kills people from five feet away.

It happened to me earlier today. IT as a mid air lvl1 that wiped me and someone else out.

This whole Sly thing has gotten old now...

Noi

Man, I was hesitant to use it before, but I'm getting the hang of using Radec's Level 1 way more. Alluva sudden I get either first or second in my matches. Kinda helps that right after using a Level 2, I still have enough AP to use a level 1 right after.

Miutsu

Man, I was hesitant to use it before, but I'm getting the hang of using Radec's Level 1 way more. Alluva sudden I get either first or second in my matches. Kinda helps that right after using a Level 2, I still have enough AP to use a level 1 right after.

I generally always go for Radec lvl 1 but today I have been SUCKING with it so bad, I have missed a ton.

Noi

Finally got matched up with a gaffer. Intelliheath getting me with all the FP supers.
LLShC.gif

I cannot believe I am having this much fun with a beta.

October cannot come soon enough.

Counting down the days :3 but I'll settle for Gamescom.
It's good to know my Radec is never complained about. I try to be more creative than just spamming. Fig can back me up haha.
The best part about the beta (aside from the sheer fun of playing) is that my understanding of the game has skyrocketed. When I watch videos I really get what each character is doing now and I can appreciate the super system.
Cole is gonna be a beast too haha

Miutsu

gg Miutsu. That was a good match until that damn sly did the level 3. :|

Which character were you? FP? I wish the final game had some sort of guild system and we could sort out the gaffers by seeing the guild icon ingame, or something.

Noi

Which character were you? FP? I wish the final game had some sort of guild system and we could sort out the gaffers by seeing the guild icon ingame, or something.

I was the other Radec in Sandover village. =P

Watching you play made me realize that forward + O > up + O is a combo that works though, hmmm.

Miutsu

I was the other Radec in Sandover village. =P

Watching you play made me realize that forward + O > up + O is a combo that works though, hmmm.

Im still trying to find out how to get them in the air in the first place, but in a place as sandover village with all the platforms its very convenient

Haha that would actually be hilariously awesome
"CHALLENGER APPROACHES"..."Oh hello fellow gaffer!"

paskowitz

I won my first game, but I seemed to get crushed after that. Radec is a lot of fun to play as and is definitely devastating on open maps. His level 2 super is also crazy. It is hard to mount a defense when he is actively pursued because he is so slow.

I won my first game, but I seemed to get crushed after that. Radec is a lot of fun to play as and is definitely devastating on open maps. His level 2 super is also crazy. It is hard to mount a defense when he is actively pursued because he is so slow.

Try to do the opposite of what your opponent thinks you're going to do. When knocked down, roll towards them rather than away. Bring the fight to them for a second, knock them away, then continue your attack from a distance.
Getting good at short hopping with that forward square helps too!

paskowitz

Try to do the opposite of what your opponent thinks you're going to do. When knocked down, roll towards them rather than away. Bring the fight to them for a second, knock them away, then continue your attack from a distance.
Getting good at short hopping with that forward square helps too!

Yeah, it is so tempting to just mash forward triangle as a strategy. I also find I have a hard time defending against enemies above me when I a Radec. His upward attacks are either on a angle or short.

Yeah, it is so tempting to just mash forward triangle as a strategy. I also find I have a hard time defending against enemies above me when I a Radec. His upward attacks are either on a angle or short.

Yeah that up triangle is great if you can land it though. Really, bringing the battle to opponents isn't as crazy as it sounds. Just know where you want to hit them and you'll be great. As for when they are right above you? Try jumping up and using down square. It'll put a grenade where you were and give you enough distance away from your opponent to follow up with another attack hopefully.

Jawmuncher

So after all the time you guys have put in is Sly really the charcater in need of balancing the most now? Since I know at first everyone said majority was balanced but now that people have gotten better at the game, every thread says sly is way overpowererd.

Loudninja

So after all the time you guys have put in is Sly really the charcater in need of balancing the most now? Since I know at first everyone said majority was balanced but now that people have gotten better at the game, every thread says sly is way overpowererd.
He needs a few tweaks,his level 1 is the major problem.

darkwing

I'd say Sly is the troll character especially when he does the L3 Super, game is over basically if you get what I mean lol and what's up with players just hiding the whole match after landing a few supers, maybe they should slowly deplete the AP bar when he cloaks

Jawmuncher

I'd say Sly is the troll character especially when he does the L3 Super, game is over basically if you get what I mean lol and what's up with players just hiding the whole match after landing a few supers, maybe they should slowly deplete the AP bar when he cloaks

I can definetly understand that.

The funniest thing about that is all the talk of Sly and his Supers reminds me of Snake in brawl when me and my buddies would play. Since when we played he was the ultimate troll.

lmao I've never had this happen before. Radec used his lvl 3 and killed me good that the game wouldn't let me respawn the rest of the match.
Mercy from the game.=[
That happen to my bro today.he got killed and after that he didn't respawn at all and there was still a minute left

Finally broke down n got the beta through HK store. Initial impressions are really good, the game is a shit load of fun to play. I had never payed the Smash Bros series properly so wasn't sure whether I'd like it? Only tried Kratos and Sweet Tooth so far

RetroMG

Finally broke down n got the beta through HK store. Initial impressions are really good, the game is a shit load of fun to play. I had never payed the Smash Bros series properly so wasn't sure whether I'd like it? Only tried Kratos and Sweet Tooth so far

I was considering doing this, but online it says that HK PSN Plus is $38/month? Is that just the conversion rate? Because there is no way I would pay that much for a beta.

EDIT: Doing a little more reading, and I think it's just the conversion. Never mind.

Leezard

The more I play the more I think the game is actually quite robust. I loved the smash series, and I really enjoy the beta so far. One thing that bothers me though is the big amount of stage hazards and that the screen zooms out so that you can see the hazard, even if no players are near the hazard. Does anyone know whether all hazards can be turned off in the game?

The more I play the more I think the game is actually quite robust. I loved the smash series, and I really enjoy the beta so far. One thing that bothers me though is the big amount of stage hazards and that the screen zooms out so that you can see the hazard, even if no players are near the hazard. Does anyone know whether all hazards can be turned off in the game?

They can.
My question is, when hazards are turned off, what happens? Is Hades just not there or does he just sit and watch?

Yep, this is confirmed.

And damn, this beta is reaaaaally good. Can't wait to see the public beta and the full game.
Although... please:
- Fix Sly's lvl 1.
- When Sly goes invisible he should get his AP slowly drained.

Yep, this is confirmed.

And damn, this beta is reaaaaally good. Can't wait to see the public beta and the full game.
Although... please:
- Fix Sly's lvl 1.
- When Sly goes invisible he should get his AP slowly drained.

The invisible thing is not worth getting AP drained. Not having a block is punishment enough. I would just look at his supers
And they did say this beta is old and a lot of the problems fans are complaining about are things they have already fixed so we should probably just sit tight till then.
I just hope people with the HK beta are all set for the next one haha

RetroMG

Broke down and set up an HK PSN account, but I can't seem to get Plus on it. It doesn't like my credit card. Only other option I see is to go to an online site and buy a code, which I may do later.

Top Bottom