• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Clockw0rk

On behalf of Sony and SuperBot, I wanted to thank everyone who is actively participating in the beta! Sony really came through with providing us the resources needed to get this going, and they're just as excited as we are to finally get the game into people's hands. I apologize for not being able to hand out codes to everyone, but I hope the people who are getting a chance to play are having a good time testing the game online.

(Speaking of which, I may have some more codes to give out tonight here on GAF, as well as some unclaimed ones. Keep your eyes peeled O___O)

Please keep in mind that this is just a small sample of what to expect from the finished product, and the main purpose of the beta is to test online capabilities. We're glad to hear people are having a good time and we are thrilled to have so much thoughtful feedback. If you think the game is sick now, just wait until October 23rd!

Clock

Parappa is mid teir, and anyone calling fat princess and Sweet Tooth overpowered are insane.

I'm maining FP right now. I don't know if i'd call her overpowered, but she can definitely be very annoying at close range. And she has a good amount of attacks to keep characters close to her once she's in.

I'm starting to get the hang of his skills, and am working on how to combo them into other moves. I favor the Level 1 super, but I may try to go for a Level 2 eventually.

I haven't even used FP's Level 3 super. Right now I mostly try to build to her L2 unless I get a group of people together and then i'll throw out her L1 since it happens so fast. I think that you have to already be jumping before it's triggered in order to dodge.

I know some people have complained about the overuse of Radec in the beta, but I haven't ran across anyone that bothers me yet. All of his gun attacks have fairly long animations, which makes it easy to punish the people that just want to spam them.

On behalf of Sony and SuperBot, I wanted to thank everyone who is actively participating in the beta! Sony really came through with providing us the resources needed to get this going, and they're just as excited as we are to finally get the game into people's hands. I apologize for not being able to hand out codes to everyone, but I hope the people who are getting a chance to play are having a good time testing the game online.

(Speaking of which, I may have some more codes to give out tonight here on GAF, as well as some unclaimed ones. Keep your eyes peeled O___O)

Please keep in mind that this is just a small sample of what to expect from the finished product, and the main purpose of the beta is to test online capabilities. We're glad to hear people are having a good time and we are thrilled to have so much thoughtful feedback. If you think the game is sick now, just wait until October 23rd!

Clock
You're too kind, Clock. The beta is great and you guys are doing a fantastic job. You guys are recording the feedback and bug reports shown here, too, right?

Ran rp

Clock

Thanks for everything Clockw0rk and SuperBot. This will definitely be a day one purchase even though I haven't played it yet, haha.

And I'm keeping my eyes peeled O__________O !!

Clock

5imZr.jpg

Beta is awesome! Althought online is not smooth as butter, it holds very well.

You can tell this is a beta for sure (freezes and glitches) but its still great fun.
I finally grinded my AP up so I could sweettooths lvl 3 - freezes right at the end of the cinematic >.<

Ploid 3.0

Clock

Ok not giving up, and no matter what I'm just glad to see that everyone is having a blast. I'm, through proxy, having a blast with them.

Miutsu

You can tell this is a beta for sure (freezes and glitches) but its still great fun.
I finally grinded my AP up so I could sweettooths lvl 3 - freezes right at the end of the cinematic >.<

Im having a blast but I'm also having a LOT of these freezes, makes me wonder if the beta is touching a weak spot in my ps3 or something :/

Fat Princess lvl 3 is one of the culpirits.

Jonboy

Clock
Ok...now I'm pumped :)

Thanks for all the hard work!

Ran rp

Im having a blast but I'm also having a LOT of these freezes, makes me wonder if the beta is touching a weak spot in my ps3 or something :/

Fat Princess lvl 3 is one of the culpirits.

Some supers are glitching for a lot of people atm.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Clock

Thanks again, Clock! I really appreciate the invite!

Been having a blast so far, and have run into glitches that have had some pretty hilarious results. Outside of that, when it's running smooth, it's running REALLY smooth.

I'm dying for the 23rd, so I can get it for my Vita! This is going to be so awesome to play on the bus ride to work!

EDIT: Back to beta talk!

I finally bothered to save up for Kratos level 2 super, and I think I may like it much more than his level 1. It's at least easier to hit. I'm also thinking my favorite level so far is Sandover Village. At least for playing as Kratos. The level is perfect for his air attacks and combos. He's very versatile. I need more time to sink my teeth into him though, but I think I'm done for the night so I can spend more time with my wife. Although she enjoyed watching me play, especially when I came in first. Lol.

More NA Beta codes?!?! :D
haha Clock is the man. So cool for developers to be close to the community like this. You almost never see that! The superbot team has already done some great things in my book :)

Clock

I really hope I get to test the game, I'm a huge Sony/fighting game fan *cough cough*

Miutsu

Was having a fight agains 3 Kratos and there was a moment when everyone started teleporting randomly, at the end of the battle there were 5 Kratos models and me (Radec) :p

Clock

Thanks again Clock! I'm for sure buying both the PS3 and Vita versions day 1!

Clock
Is there a member list that I'd have to be on to get a beta code, or is it random? I'd love to try the beta to see what all the fuss is about.

B.O.O.M

I like how from time to time there's a series of people liking the same character

First it was parappa
Then it was radec
Then it was sly
Then (and a bit before as well) kratos
Then Sweet Tooth
And add a bit of Fatty P in there and you have a successful formula of a diverse set of characters already. Excellent. Love reading the impressions so far even if it means I end up creating enough salt to feed a few generations of humans.

And so far great work cl0ck..keep the good stuff.

Good to read positive feedback on the gameplay, but with all the streams and vidoes I've seen of this build so far the presentation leaves a lot to be desired. Really hope they amp things up or this was just a really old build since so far while the game looks fun, everything surrounding it is unbelievably ho-hum.

Clock

Great job, you guys :)

I hope you're reading our general feedback in regards to visual indicators for supers, and on-screen characters! It can be really hard to follow your character. You guys have really put together something special, I'm also curious, do you plan on patching this old build, by any chance?

k_Reign

From people that have played the beta: What are your guys' favorite character at the moment?

I'm just honestly curious.

I'm loving Kratos and Radec. I stink with everyone else but I haven't tried to learn their moves :p

Does anyone else think that Fat Princess's level 2 super lasts too long? I have a feeling we'll be saying the same of Heihachi's....it doesn't feel right that a level 2 can get the same character killed twice.

From people that have played the beta: What are your guys' favorite character at the moment?

Parappa, Fat P and Kratos.

Parappa because I love the character, Fat P because her lvl 2 is awesome. Kratos because he is very pick up and playable.

Okay, wow. I had to "rage"quit a match because it had the worst lag I've seen yet. I couldn't even move without people teleporting all around me. ):

RazOmari

Clock

Thanks for being so awesome, Clock. It's really great how SuperBot is recruiting some talented individuals from the FGC to be apart of this project. Hope I'm able to score one of those codes!

UGH! I think people are ragequitting me.

I just did the COOLEST thing ever, probably my best game, and I get disconnected.

Used Radec's 2nd super to line up a nice triple KO.

Then, I taunt lol.

They all spawn and bam! Again, in a nice line, I use my super 1 to get another 3 kills.

Taunt

That was 12 points, with no deaths, my best yet... Then a little while after it immediately disconnects me. But man was that gratifying! especially the taunting.

cnizzle06

Banned

I've only used sly thus far because he appears to be in tune with my play-style (Falco lover). And so far the results have been pretty good.

HiiiLife

My first match is over. And I won! Went 8 and 0 with Radec. Had no clue what was going on but I managed to win. Damn fun.

SSReborn

My first match is over. And I won! Went 8 and 0 with Radec. Had no clue what was going on but I managed to win. Damn fun.

8 kills no deaths your first match? Thats really good!

I've been maining Kratos this entire time would rather completely learn a character then to hop between many. He is definitely an amazing characte once I learned the ins and outs. I plan to learn Sly next then Radec

WinFonda

Clock
Thanks for all you're doing for the game Clock! It looks like it's paying off big time. -keeps eyes peeled for beta code- :)

Thank you everyone for your responses so far regarding how what your favorite characters are in the beta!

I'm personally not in the beta, but reading all of the different results it shows that even at this state the beta's six characters are very balanced and all enjoyable. I'm hoping that this trend continues to the release version of the game when new characters are revealed. :)

Top Bottom