• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Im confused, what exactly are you saying?

If you throw the pot or do a 2 hit combo what is that going to do for you?

He' saying that Kat shouldn't be stopped by the "12 frame delay for Super" air attack restriction, because she combos into her super, rather than instant air attack -> Super, like Sweet Tooth / Fatty P.

Ploid 3.0

Im confused, what exactly are you saying?

If you throw the pot or do a 2 hit combo what is that going to do for you?

Buy time so that it won't be a situation like Fat Princess where you'd have to super right as you land to connect with the confirm.

Air slanting kick is one of Kat's openers for a super confirm, but when she lands it she don't go right into super. She goes from air slant kick ("/" slant down to the floor), into the debris field projectile that circle her (I used pot to describe it, but it changes a lot. She can have up to 3, but saves one for the super setup), then right into the super. Or it can go from slant kick into her normal combo into dark gravity grab, then to the debris hit finishing with the super. The Kat player can keep trying for the slant kick with a lot of aerobatics to trip you up (a sort of dash before using the kick to kind of cross you up, and if it misses, jump back in the air and do it again in a quick motion waiting for a opening).

I couldn't find a video of someone using the exact combo starting with the diagonal kick but just sub the throw for that kick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1XuBwScw3zU#t=24s

It's hard to punish if the player use air dodge to avoid your attacks if you try to battle her in the close to overhead space. Eventually if I do I just get a worse penalty for entertaining the Kat with the fight since me hitting her don't end in a super, and her catching me on the ground, or using the throw command while she's on the ground ends in a super.

TheMink

Oh right right right.

I see, yeah she should be able to use her barrel confirm still.

And to answer your question yes she could just attack a few times then do the barrel.

And it is quite possible that the grab could count her as being in air.

OwlyKnees

So what's everyone's plan now that D-Day is approaching?

Jump into practice mode with the new characters? Head online to experience the patch changes? Fire up the new stage?

Too many decisions to make. All of the above!

Jump into practice mode with the new characters? Head online to experience the patch changes? Fire up the new stage?

I'll probably start with getting Isaac and Zeus' Arcade Mode trophies, thereby getting a feel for them and their moves at the same time.

Then I'll get Sir Dan's inevitable "Perform a level 3 super on Graveyard" trophy. Finally, I'm having a few All-Stars playing friends over tomorrow night to test drive the new patch. Should be fun!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'll probably start with getting Isaac and Zeus' Arcade Mode trophies, thereby getting a feel for them and their moves at the same time.

Then I'll get Sir Dan's inevitable "Perform a level 3 super on Graveyard" trophy. Finally, I'm having a few All-Stars playing friends over tomorrow night to test drive the new patch. Should be fun!

Straight to online mode or practice mode with new characters then testing other characters to get the feeling of nerfs/buffs.

OmegaZero

Can't wait for the patch, so Parappa's can stop using that glitch.
I recently fought one who just ran away and kept trying to do the glitch until he got a level 3. :/

KevinCow

Banned
Eh. With all the suits in the series, I kinda feel like they could've gone with something a bit more interesting.

(I was kinda hoping for the straightjacket from the beginning of Dead Space 2.)

WatTsu

Ladyfriend wants God of War: Ascension for her birthday next month; will we still be able to get the new characters by then? I assume it'll be packed in all the copies for a while, but I also assume the deadline on the DLC isn't that early, right?

BFsULZ1CIAAuskX.jpg:large

Someone put rockets and smoke under him!

OwlyKnees

Ladyfriend wants God of War: Ascension for her birthday next month; will we still be able to get the new characters by then? I assume it'll be packed in all the copies for a while, but I also assume the deadline on the DLC isn't that early, right?

I'm not from NA, but as far as I'm aware the DLC code expires on the 31st of March. So I don't think you'll be able to use it anymore.

I could be completely wrong, but I recall someone posting a picture of it.

SSReborn

I'm not from NA, but as far as I'm aware the DLC code expires on the 31st of March. So I don't think you'll be able to use it anymore.

I could be completely wrong, but I recall someone posting a picture of it.

Naw it should be cool it says it expires in 2014.

Camjo-Z

Hey guys, anyone think Toro's effectiveness will be seriously diminished after this patch? I was talking a look at the notes and check this out:

--- Toro's Ground Neutral Circle’s duration is now infinite
--- Level 1 Super - Toro can now turn around during the first 5 frames of activation and will no longer slide
--- Level 2 Super - Toro can now turn around during the first 5 frames of activation and will no longer slide during the activation if he was running
--- Air Up Triangle can only be used once per jump
--- Toro's Oni Air Down Triangle has 9 frames increased start-up and 4 frames more recovery

Now, the Level 1/2 buffs are fine, making his ground sleeping infinite should have been in from the start, and the one air up triangle thing is to get rid of the Flying Toro glitch. But that last nerf - Toro's divekick is one of the most important tools in his arsenal. With it slowed down, I suspect he might not be able to pull off his famous loop, and the "no air confirms" thing would get rid of his Level 1 hit confirm too. I'll have to see for myself later today, but this kitty's claws may have been cut.

EDIT: Also I just got excited when I put in my Zeus and Isaac code and downloaded them... but then realized I can't use them until the patch hits...

Hey guys, anyone think Toro's effectiveness will be seriously diminished after this patch? I was talking a look at the notes and check this out:

--- Toro's Ground Neutral Circle’s duration is now infinite
--- Level 1 Super - Toro can now turn around during the first 5 frames of activation and will no longer slide
--- Level 2 Super - Toro can now turn around during the first 5 frames of activation and will no longer slide during the activation if he was running
--- Air Up Triangle can only be used once per jump
--- Toro's Oni Air Down Triangle has 9 frames increased start-up and 4 frames more recovery

Now, the Level 1/2 buffs are fine, making his ground sleeping infinite should have been in from the start, and the one air up triangle thing is to get rid of the Flying Toro glitch. But that last nerf - Toro's divekick is one of the most important tools in his arsenal. With it slowed down, I suspect he might not be able to pull off his famous loop, and the "no air confirms" thing would get rid of his Level 1 hit confirm too. I'll have to see for myself later today, but this kitty's claws may have been cut.

The last nerf was definately made to make sure good Toros cant loop you but i wouldnt call Toro terrible yet. Hopefully Ninja stars, Oni blasts and karate kicks are effective enough.

Hopefully infinite sleep makes up for it. Best instant AP move ingame now probably?(PaRappa's and Emmett's can be stolen :p)

Oh and for the future DLC please, make someone have green background! Its frustating me that there is not enough green BG characters. The only character with green is SirDan. Most of them are blue and orange. >_>

KevinCow

Banned
So uh... the update is supposed to go up today, right? Because I just downloaded and installed a rather large patch, but Zeus and Isaac are nowhere to be seen.

So uh... the update is supposed to go up today, right? Because I just downloaded and installed a rather large patch, but Zeus and Isaac are nowhere to be seen.

That's strange, especially considering Camjo-Z said he was already able to redeem his code.

If you don't have a code, you'll probably just need to wait for them to become available in today's PS Store update which, as we know, could be any time (at least in the US).

But thanks for the heads-up that the patch is live! Time for me to go redeem my Zeus/Isaac code...

I guess/hope they learned not to troll us with characters that have yellow locks and say that you need to buy them. Lol. If i hadnt got Kat and Emmett i would have been annoyed.

So maybe they will appear when you unlock/buy them.

Oh, and big update? They reaaaaally need to make updates so that you dont need to update entire patch again and again. . .

Heh SuperBots last work. Giant patch just before real patch that does nth. That is you arent mistaking old patch for new?

Oh and last min predictions:
Zeus will be OP with his 2 hits 85 AP.
Isaac will be average because of his not so effective supers.

KevinCow

Banned
It might have been an older patch. I haven't played the game in a while. It was pretty big though, I can't imagine what could've been in it if it wasn't the new characters.

It might have been an older patch. I haven't played the game in a while. It was pretty big though, I can't imagine what could've been in it if it wasn't the new characters.

Ha, you dont know SuperBot. You see, they had this great idea that EVERY patch should make you force to redownload old patches again. Hence why they are getting so big.

Ryce

I'm just worried because we were told there'd be more characters back when Kat and Emmett were revealed. It would make sense that Seth would say something similar this time.

New blog post.

There's no mention of future DLC, so it's looking very unlikely...

Ugh... what an unfortunate downer on what is an otherwise exciting day for All-Stars fans. :( I really hope we're just reading too much into this and that Seth would outright confirm that today's characters and stage are the last if that is indeed the case.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if the next batch of costumes also goes live today? I can't remember...

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm just worried because we were told there'd be more characters back when Kat and Emmett were revealed. It would make sense that Seth would say something similar this time.

Yeah, I hear you. Santa Monica seems to be doing a lot of necessary overtime on this game with the costumes, patches, and various fixes, so who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the basic game go FTP on PS+ at some point, or maybe just some portion of it, with a bunch of other characters popping up as $3 DLC or something. If that does happen, though, I'd expect some more DLC characters.

SSReborn

Yeah, I hear you. Santa Monica seems to be doing a lot of necessary overtime on this game with the costumes, patches, and various fixes, so who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the basic game go FTP on PS+ at some point, or maybe just some portion of it, with a bunch of other characters popping up as $3 DLC or something. If that does happen, though, I'd expect some more DLC characters.

I was actually thinking they may be heading in that direction with this game. I mean with all the microtransactions that seem to be coming into place it actually reminds me of UC3 but I don't think I've ever seen the model on a fighting game before.

Top Bottom