• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Ploid 3.0

First person to post the names of my avatar's pistols gets Zeus and Isaac.

Dante

Ebony ivory

Man I was so nervous someone else got it I answered the name of the avatar. Good thing I looked over the question again. Please be right lol. Been camping codes all week. I'm sure I'm right, I was a big DMC fan and followed pre launch DMC1 footage like a hawk. "The guy has a sword, then he pulls out guns!!!! (Mind blown)"

BadAss2961

Dante

Ebony ivory

Man I was so nervous someone else got it I answered the name of the avatar. Good thing I looked over the question again. Please be right lol. Been camping codes all week. I'm sure I'm right, I was a big DMC fan and followed pre launch DMC1 footage like a hawk. "The guy has a sword, then he pulls out guns!!!! (Mind blown)"
Your camping paid off.

pm sent.

Hey fellas, I may end up getting a VITA, I can cross play, right? :D

Think Im ready to move All Stars to VITA, especially after the PS3 crashes playing All Stars.

One thing I dont like is the lack of R2 and L2. I dont want to use the touch screen to pick up weapons, sounds disadvantageous

Ploid 3.0

Thank you LeBrick James, thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Think Im ready to move All Stars to VITA, especially after the PS3 crashes playing All Stars.

One thing I dont like is the lack of R2 and L2. I dont want to use the touch screen to pick up weapons, sounds disadvantageous

Yes you can cross play. I play people on Vita all the time from my PS3.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Still not happy with this patch... why would they nerf parappa? This makes no sense. And Good cole gets a buff? What the fuck is going on?

KalBalboa

Banned

I play on Vita much more than on my PS3 copy, if that helps. Cross Play & the ability to sync character unlocks and levels is a real bonus, too.

SSReborn

The touch screen thing is not really that bad you don't have to touch the actual item itself just touch anywhere on the screen.

Ploid 3.0

So, how does everyone feel about the removal of hit confirms?

How do you think this will affect the flow of a game?

I'm telling you, nothing in the change log indicate that Kat's hit confirm are no longer working. Unless I missed something. I think hit confirms are probably even in for other characters too, just that some got hit confirms taken away.

KevinCow

Banned
It seems like they only took out the hit confirms for mid tier characters like Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth, while they did nothing about the hit confirms that actually mattered like Raiden and Evil Cole. So that's great.

Will have to try out how fast you can actually move as the bubbles in Sackboys level 3 super before I say anything.

Raiden's buff is bullshit.

So they buffed Kratos and barely nerfed Raiden...

While they nerfed PaRappas only good super and Drake to hell?

Fuck this shit

Drake is fine. He was Top 4 anyways. He deserved it. Especially considering Sackboy nerfs.

PaRappa on the other hand... Just one page before we were arguing if he would be B or C tier. Amazing. That fixed forward square better mean that he can do forwardsquare->circle comboes for easy AP...

TheMink

It seems like they only took out the hit confirms for mid tier characters like Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth, while they did nothing about the hit confirms that actually mattered like Raiden and Evil Cole. So that's great.

Evil Coles hit confirms are almost guaranteed to be gone.

I would be incredibly perplexed if Raiden maintained his grounded hit confirms tho...

So they buffed Kratos and barely nerfed Raiden...

While they nerfed PaRappas only good super and Drake to hell?

Fuck this shit

Why is everyone saying this?

Kratos DID NOT GET BUFFED people are almost purposefully ignoring the far more important things done to Kratos

Kratos
--- Last hit of Square Combo is now increased from 0 to -10 on block.
--- Reduced blocked frame disadvantage on 2nd neutral square to -10 from -14.
--- Neutral Triangle - In certain situations, this move could previously gain up to 40 AP. It should now only gain 20 AP in all situations.

All it did was make it more consistent. It was a weird thing to try and punish Kratos after the 2nd square in the combo because you would always assume at least one more square was coming. Now they just made it "block all three THEN punish" and thats way easier to identify for a punish.

The nerf to the nuetral triangle is a big deal guys. That move was absurdly strong.

To illustrate, someone who can barely combo to save his life can get an insanely easy 90 ap from:

Square square triangle jump square square square.

That combo is now giving a full 20 ap less. And thats a prettt big deal.

The "certain situations" he is referring to is whether or not the opponent is grounded.

If the opponent is grounded you get 40.

If they are in mid air you get 20.

Im not saying its enough of a nerf, but its definitely a nerf and not a buff as some people are claiming.

But we wont know until we experience it ourselves.

Evil Coles hit confirms are almost guaranteed to be gone.

I would be incredibly perplexed if Raiden maintained his grounded hit confirms tho...

Why is everyone saying this?

Kratos DID NOT GET BUFFED people are almost purposefully ignoring the far more important things done to Kratos

All it did was make it more consistent. It was a weird thing to try and punish Kratos after the 2nd square in the combo because you would always assume at least one more square was coming. Now they just made it "block all three THEN punish" and thats way easier to identify for a punish.

The nerf to the nuetral triangle is a big deal guys. That move was absurdly strong.

To illustrate, someone who can barely combo to save his life can get an insanely easy 90 ap from:

Square square triangle jump square square square.

That combo is now giving a full 20 ap less. And thats a prettt big deal.

The "certain situations" he is referring to is whether or not the opponent is grounded.

If the opponent is grounded you get 40.

If they are in mid air you get 20.

Im not saying its enough of a nerf, but its definitely a nerf and not a buff as some people are claiming.

But we wont know until we experience it ourselves.

Eeeh i wouldnt call that 40AP fix true nerf. Apparently it was error and should have given 20 AP originally. And i dont think bug glitches count, because then PaRappas boomboxglitch nerf should have been amazing.

Althought i did thought that increase in last hit of square combo meant that it got extra AP.

And in general for Kratos anything resembling a buff will instantly get complained. Imagine if one of his moves would get 1+ AP buff. Meaningless but it would still hurt us inside.

Ploid 3.0

They should have made it so Emmett's turret gave a bit less AP when it's killed. Does Drake's Barrel, or Sly's mine give AP? Emmett's changes look so lonely.

Okokok clearing out confusing Kratos nerf...

So basically originally last hit on 3x normal square didnt have any punishment when blocked. Now it has 10 frames punishment if blocked. This is true, yes?
If so then thats better.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I could never punish Kratos after that string. It always seemed like I'd be at the disadvantage for even trying because he'd end up hitting me for thinking I could punish it.

TheMink

Eeeh i wouldnt call that 40AP fix true nerf. Apparently it was error and should have given 20 AP originally. And i dont think bug glitches count, because then PaRappas boomboxglitch nerf should have been amazing.

Althought i did thought that increase in last hit of square combo meant that it got extra AP.

And in general for Kratos anything resembling a buff will instantly get complained. Imagine if one of his moves would get 1+ AP buff. Meaningless but it would still hurt us inside.

Its not a "fix" as it wasnt a glitch, but if you played as Kratos you'd know that was a prime source of his really fast AP gain.

Okokok clearing out confusing Kratos nerf...

So basically originally last hit on 3x normal square didnt have any punishment when blocked. Now it has 10 frames punishment if blocked. This is true, yes?
If so then thats better.

Thats what it means.

Its not a "fix" as it wasnt a glitch, but if you played as Kratos you'd know that was a prime source of his really fast AP gain.

Thats what it means.

True true... It was very easy way to get AP fast.

And good that he is more punishable, atleast.

Heh, well would you look at that. Another misunderstood situation related to God of War that lead to faulty complaints. Atleast this one wont get to gaming news headlines. :p

TheMink

True true... It was very easy way to get AP fast.

And good that he is more punishable, atleast.

Heh, well would you look at that. Another misunderstood situation related to God of War that lead to faulty complaints. Atleast this one wont get to gaming news headlines. :p

Yeah, i suppose "not enough nerfing" could be a legitimate complaint, but there is no way to know until we try it for ourselves.

I still don't know what this means in practice:

--- If Fat Princess summons any assists in the air she will land in the Attack Land state instead of the normal land state

I'm not familiar at all with FG terms. Does it mean recovery time before she can do another move at all?

Cant hit confirm

Boo! I was hoping they just made it harder to spam, not outright remove it. As someone who is maining Drake, but just recently returned to his old beta love FP, i wasn't as upset with his nerf. However, i'm not too happy about hers. Would this also prevent followup combos? I hope it won't ruin the only AP burst combo i know how to reliably pull off with her, since it starts with an air knight attack.

TheMink

how many have 5? lol
good Cole has 1, e. Cole has 2
Dante has none (?)
Drake has 2 or 1
etc.

At least 3 for the coles i think

Dante has 4 actually

Radec does 30 per snipe

Additionally, Kratos doesnt have 5
I think just 4

Edit:

I mean every character has at least a few

TheMink

I was talking about 1 hit move
let me make a list lol

If you are talking about 1 hit moves Kratos has right square in the air and up triangle on ground and air.

Dante has two by themselves, triangle circle cancel right sqaure and and mid air triangle circle cancel neutral square.

(Easier to do than explain)

Kratos and Dante both have very similar moves that go into 30 ap hits tho.
Square sqaure square for both characters mid air is 5 5 30

And many other characters

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
If you are talking about 1 hit moves Kratos has right square in the air and up triangle on ground and air.

Dante has two by themselves, triangle circle cancel right sqaure and and mid air triangle circle cancel neutral square.

(Easier to do than explain)

Kratos and Dante both have very similar moves that go into 30 ap hits tho.
Square sqaure square for both characters mid air is 5 5 30

And many other characters

Kratos alone has:
g.f.S - g.f.T - a.f.S - a.u.S - a.u.T

a=air ( jumping)
g= grounded(standing)
f= forward ( side)
d= down
u= up
S= square
T= triangle
C= circle

TheMink

Kratos alone has:
g.f.S - g.f.T - a.f.S - a.u.S - a.u.T

a=air ( jumping)
g= grounded(standing)
f= forward ( side)
d= down
u= up
S= square
T= triangle
C= circle

Ah yes yes yes, he definitely has more than others then. But even so, his neutral triangle gave 40 which is absurd.

TheMink

Dude Omega, ive been playing out combos in head with the fact that helm splitter is 20 ap, and i think its going to be sooooo awesome.

Square square sqaure with Dante gives 20, helm spliter will really open up faster combo options if you dont want to start with the squares. :D

Aceun

I think the one benefit (in theory) is that all the characters will now have more varied playstyles. We won't see folks relying on one or two moves/combos, which is a really good thing.

That's just speculation though. Man, Tuesday can't come soon enough!

KalBalboa

Banned
I think the one benefit (in theory) is that all the characters will now have more varied playstyles. We won't see folks relying on one or two moves/combos, which is a really good thing.

I'm getting that feeling too, especially with Jak.

TheMink

I agree, plus throwing out supers is going to be more fun, like how it was for the beta when nobody knew any hit confirms.

I for one am happy

Camjo-Z

I'm having an argument with my friend over Dante, he seems to think that he's going to be completely worthless after these changes but I insist that he's overreacting. Any Dante mains in here want to weigh in on how they think he'll fare post-patch?

TheMink

I'm having an argument with my friend over Dante, he seems to think that he's going to be completely worthless after these changes but I insist that he's overreacting. Any Dante mains in here want to weigh in on how they think he'll fare post-patch?

Dante is getting a major buff. Obviously no hit confirms, but the buffs are pretty major.

The ability to turn around during the squares is very important.

20 AP for the helm splitter is astounding. Combos be getting crazy.

Im really excited to try the new jump cancelable up square. (Thank god for that btw)

The counter got nerfed slightly, and the janky ass infanite that was up triangle counter attack repeat is gone lol. But that was so nothingness.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Ehhh I disagree with Mink here... he's not worthless, but the loss of his confirms is massive. He's definitely more accessible though.

TheMink

Ehhh I disagree with Mink here... he's not worthless, but the loss of his confirms is massive. He's definitely more accessible though.

The loss of his confirms is negated by the fact that every person with an air confirm has lost it.

id est the playing field is leveled again. So you can only compare based on the fact that nobody has them.

Edit: we dont know about ground confirms yet so there is no way to know for sure on that level.

Step

I hope this:

Raiden:
--- Down Throw now causes a bounce reaction, allowing combo follow-ups

Is not another hit confirm.

I'm sure that Raiden's lv 1 wouldn't be fast enough but I'm still afraid.

Top Bottom