• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

alemmon

So, what time are you guys planning on lining up? Gonna be in Anaheim with a buddy tomorrow during the early afternoon, gonna pick up the badges, then chill out getting ready for the big day. Thinking of lining up close to midnight.

I wont be lining up until probably 7am Saturday morning. I have easily made it in the last 2 years. Midnight seems too early, but hey could be an experience in itself

Just arrived at John Wayne. My Chicagoland body does not understand this crazy nice California weather. :p

Any locals know of a damned good eatery close to the Anaheim Convention Center? Something that can only be had around here?

alemmon

Just arrived at John Wayne. My Chicagoland body does not understand this crazy nice California weather. :p

Any locals know of a damned good eatery close to the Anaheim Convention Center? Something that can only be had around here?

Its not terribly close but if you like burgers I would go to Slaters 50/50.

Will0827

Whats up gaf family, first time going to California, arriving tomorrow any thing you guys recommend be done around the convention area ? Only thing on my list is In N Out burger.

finalflame

I wont be lining up until probably 7am Saturday morning. I have easily made it in the last 2 years. Midnight seems too early, but hey could be an experience in itself

Yah, I lined up around 6:30a last year, but do remember the people in the front of the line were getting interviewed and might've gotten some swag. That could be cool.

Hey y'all! I'll be working the floor over the weekend so swing by the Snake Pass booth and say what's up to a fellow gaffer. ^^ We're in the indie section next to RE7 and COD. Just ask for David and I might be in a Sumo suit every once in awhile. XD

Whats up gaf family, first time going to California, arriving tomorrow any thing you guys recommend be done around the convention area ? Only thing on my list is In N Out burger.
Disneyland is right next to the convention center. :)

If you're looking for some good eats, the Anaheim Packing District is a great spot to go to as well. Lots of different gourmet food stalls.

alemmon

Yah, I lined up around 6:30a last year, but do remember the people in the front of the line were getting interviewed and might've gotten some swag. That could be cool.

Yeah that would be cool, I just dont think I have the fortitude to be out that early and wait in line... I think being there around 7am works for me.

I'm too damn indecisive. Don't know if I want to drive up tomorrow to get badge and be primed to line up around 7am Saturday, or opt to get badge first thing 7am Saturday and then line up for showcase, potentially risking both a line for badges and a line for showcase.

Help me be decisive GAF!

Mikey Jr.

Hey y'all! I'll be working the floor over the weekend so swing by the Snake Pass booth and say what's up to a fellow gaffer. ^^ We're in the indie section next to RE7 and COD. Just ask for David and I might be in a Sumo suit every once in awhile. XD

If you're looking for some good eats, the Anaheim Packing District is a great spot to go to as well. Lots of different gourmet food stalls.

I'm assuming you made snake pass.

Dude, that game looks bonkers. I love it.

Its not terribly close but if you like burgers I would go to Slaters 50/50.
I'm going to Yelp it after this post. I finally made my In 'n Out visit during last year's PSX (on my 3rd visit to CA, interestingly enough), so I don't feel quite so obligated to go this year.

Thanks for the tip! And I'm looking forward to giving Snake Pass a shot. The gameplay looks pretty fun and I love how the snake actually coils around objects.

I'm too damn indecisive. Don't know if I want to drive up tomorrow to get badge and be primed to line up around 7am Saturday, or opt to get badge first thing 7am Saturday and then line up for showcase, potentially risking both a line for badges and a line for showcase.

Help me be decisive GAF!
Where are you driving up from?

Abdiel

I'm flying in tomorrow by afternoonish - going to check in immediately and then go get my badge so I can line up right away in the morning and get a good spot for the presser. I'm hyped gents/ladies!

And you better believe it too - I'm pulling myself away from FFXV to be out there!

I'm assuming you made snake pass.

Dude, that game looks bonkers. I love it.
Nah, I didn't make it. I am on the dev team though. Glad you like what you see! ^^
Thanks for the tip! And I'm looking forward to giving Snake Pass a shot. The gameplay looks pretty fun and I love how the snake actually coils around objects.

Sweet! Definitely swing on by! And I can also vouch for Slater 50/50. Legit burgers.

tr00per

Does anyone know when they'll post this year's guide on the app? It snuck up on me last year and all the signups were taken :/

tr00per

On the PlayStation Blog post, the app is releasing tomorrow. Maybe there aren't sign-ups for any demos this year?

Oh I don't know how I missed that. They strangely updated last year's a few days ago so I thought that was it. Thanks. I'll see you guys in line!

Edit: I just thought of a tip that might be handy for out of town attendees. If you have the Google maps app, go into "offline areas" and save a map of the city.

And remember that the public Wifi and cell towers will be SLAMMED. Especially on Saturday

Anyone pick up their badges yet? I'm about two bus stops away. I wonder if we get the swag bag today or tomorrow? I feel like in Vegas we had to pick it up during the con. I can't remember last year's.

EDIT
Swag bags are handed out at badge pickup. I'm seeing fellow PSXers with them leaving

aibaby

Neo Member
The swag bags are guaranteed for everyone going right? It's not a first come first serve to like the first # of people?

kdoll08

The swag bags are guaranteed for everyone going right? It's not a first come first serve to like the first # of people?

I'm pretty sure that's the case but it's nice to get them early so you have your ticket to get in tomorrow. Without waiting in line.

I wish I could join you all. I had every intention of going since it's two hours from where I live this time. But my current work aassignment has thrown me to the other side of the country.

There's a mall a few miles from the convention center that has a Round 1 bowling/entertainment center. The brand is well known for having a handful of recent arcade games you would find in Japan. It may be a little pricier than something like Dave & Busters, though.

There's a mall a few miles from the convention center that has a Round 1 bowling/entertainment center. The brand is well known for having a handful of recent arcade games you would find in Japan. It may be a little pricier than something like Dave & Busters, though.

that would be the mainplace mall in santa ana

never been there before though

The ps4 shaped card box is a cool touch.
Yeah, it's definitely cool. At first, as I assembled the bottom half, I was wondering why the box was so misshapen. Then I folded the top and had that "whoa" moment.

If you like spicy order the 50 Alarm Burger, so hot they make you sign a waver to order it. I've had it twice so far.
So, confirmed you've died twice? 👻

Slater's was much too far for me. I walked ~4 miles to get to the Bowers Museum and that was enough. The OCTA dropped me right off at the Convention Center from there, though! 👍

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

Portillos. There is a portillos around Anaheim.

krae_man

Last year xenorevlis handed out lanyards in line for the keynote, and at the GAF meetup.

Or when people bumped into him.

Also just landed.

Portillos. There is a portillos around Anaheim.

portillos in buena park actually

next to the pseudo mall there

on la palma ave going west

It's in Buena Park, just down the street from Knott's Berry Farm.

Edit: Beated.
Excellent recommendation! I'm from right outside Chicago, though, and there's a number of Portillo's in the city and surrounding area.

So far I've been to Hug Life and Thai Tangerine in Garden Grove and some awesome Mexican joint in Santa Ana, near Bowers Museum. I've not had a bad meal here in California yet!

Sawneeks

Banned
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find where it says the location of the Playstation Showcase? I'm assuming it's the Arena but I don't see anywhere on the Playstation Blog if that's actually the place or not. And when I went to pick up my badge this evening I didn't see anything either. Does anyone know where it is specifically?

LEVEL1RG_tn.gif

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find where it says the location of the Playstation Showcase? I'm assuming it's the Arena but I don't see anywhere on the Playstation Blog if that's actually the place or not. And when I went to pick up my badge this evening I didn't see anything either. Does anyone know where it is specifically?

LEVEL1RG_tn.gif
We'll find out when the app goes live, I'm sure.

this is my first event of this kind and i haven't done any research in how i plan to hit this up. i cant decide if i care enough to get there at 7am for the show or show up for the floor stuff later.

Going to go pick up my badge in a few. Need to decide if I want to go to the Kojima panel or singing. >.<

Anyone got a minty Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for PS3 they wanna sell me on the cheap :>

LEVEL1RG_tn.gif

App doesn't go live until tomorrow.

Map isn't live yet, but the app itself is live:

So how do the signings work? First come first serve, or is there a ticketing system?

Usually it's a first come, first serve basis but I'm sure more details will come out tomorrow.

If you like beer, Karl Strauss down the street by Anaheim stadium. Good eats and beers. Many great brewery tasting rooms around the area too.

Map isn't live yet, but the app itself is live:
Hell yeah, I'll take it! It's still not available via the link on the badge, I found it on the iOS store. There's quite a few free games for visiting booths.

And Gran Turismo Sport is making an appearance. Did we know that game was coming out already?

My app just says 'enter passphrase', where do I find the passphrase? I've picked up my pass and psx bag.

There are two Sony apps with similar names, the one with the map is here or just search "Experience PlayStation 2016" in the Play store (not sure about apple)

Top Bottom