• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

mews

Neo Member
the zero dawn dino thing was cool. pointed at it and yelled "that's my dad" for a vine. time enough to make memes in line

This line is crazy! How many people does the main stage hold? Anyone know?
They're sharing the convention center with a health conference so they can't be using more than 2 maybe 3 halls? The line is a little misleading though. It's basically single file towards the back.

Yea no idea if I'll be able to get in to the keynote. I'm pretty much assuming I'm not so I can't be disappointed ha

At the "spud runners " truck in line

So I just woke up, a bit later than I wanted. I'm not too far, could I still leave after a shower and get a good seat at the keynote or am I probably sol?

Kanashimi

Been dealing with a hotel issue since 7 AM, pretty pissy.

So people are being let in already can 1) someone post the size of the showroom; like a picture (I don't care if I have to stand in the back, but I'd like to be in there)? 2) are there any bag restrictions we need to be aware of?

Just got in after lining up at 6:40 for the badge. There's two full sets of bleachers and a whole final block on the floor with seats. If you're barely getting here...I don't think you're getting in :(

finalflame

Anyone arriving now or probably who has arrived in the last hour is most likely fucked. This feels like less space than last year, definitely a smaller stage and fewer front seats. Got a decent seat on the front bleachers. Lining up at 9p the night before next year.

mews

Neo Member
hanging out in middle center. worth it! yeah you're pretty screwed if you're just showing up now

Kanashimi

Kinda shocked they'd have a smaller space than the last two years... (friend just sent me a picture). Well, guess I'll sit in my hotel and watch it from my laptop. Thanks shitty Anaheim hotel. 8D

Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but I think there's extra hype this year because southern California doesn't really have anything like this. Pax west is in Seattle and E3 is reserved for the press. If the expo keeps moving around, it might be awhile til they come back over here. Gonna make the most of this!

Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but I think there's extra hype this year because southern California doesn't really have anything like this. Pax west is in Seattle and E3 is reserved for the press. If the expo keeps moving around, it might be awhile til they come back over here. Gonna make the most of this!

I kinda hope they keep this here. Like you said we don't have anything like this here.

D23 would be the closest.

Just got in after lining up at 6:40 for the badge. There's two full sets of bleachers and a whole final block on the floor with seats. If you're barely getting here...I don't think you're getting in :(

Thanks. I'll watch from my friends apartment and come around after to get my badge and probably miss most of today. Ah well.

edit: Any comments about bags? Could I wear my book bag?

Kanashimi

I kinda hope they keep this here. Like you said we don't have anything like this here.

D23 would be the closest.

Not gonna lie, if they keep the area I'll be pissed. I've been following it around for three years, but they've always said they'd move from place to place like their trucks and yet they keep staying on the West. It makes sense money wise, but once in Vegas and twice in California? Seems kinda biased for what they wanna do.

decisions

I'm near the front of the badge pickup line right now, it's not moving (been standing here an hour) but I assume there's no chance I'm getting in right?

Are they putting the watchers on display again?(dino with the headlight)
I think? It was Horizon related, not really following the game

Thanks. I'll watch from my friends apartment and come around after to get my badge and probably miss most of today. Ah well.

edit: Any comments about bags? Could I wear my book bag?
I brought my backpack and they didn't seem to bother checking them. Saw several people with bags, think you're good.

snagged a great seat right in the middle for the keynote. pretty good considering I lined up at like 8.

I live like 10 minutes away too from the convention center so I literally rolled out of bed, showered and went to this thing. lol at the idea of queuing at midnight or whatever for a press conference

meanspartan

Im in the back of the badge pick up line (well, not the back any more it grew behind me). Havent moved in the 15 min since ive gotten in line.

I thought they started badges at 7am, are they freezing distribution til the conference is filled?

Sawneeks

Banned
You can bring bags. They just have you go through a metal detector before you get in but I've got a backpack and they didn't care.

I got a seat towards the front of the stage, my brother encouraged me to take the single seat and he is sitting further back. This is my first PSX so I'm hoping for a great one!

I honestly hope it's a semi annual event. found good seating but at least I know now to arrive a lot sooner

Top Bottom