• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Digimon and VLR are great news. Specially the latter, I cannot wait to go back to that world. 999 is still one of my highest ranking games I have played to this day, with VLR close behind it.

Not a chance.

There's still a possibility that it's announced during their panel at Japan Expo (which I'll be attending) tomorrow.

There's still a possibility that it's announced during their panel at Japan Expo (which I'll be attending) tomorrow.
I've already said it before, this panel is by ACJ and not Bamco. I don't see how they would drop in and announce a game there. It could happen, and it would make me really happy but I'm telling you now, it's very unlikely.

Let me know how the panel goes anyway. Since this is an Anime panel and all, post about it on AnimeGAF. A lot of people there don't have a lot of faith in this one, since Ufotable has been working non stop since UBW started. I feel bad for them, hopefully it won't hurt the show's quality.

Lucentto

Banned
I've already said it before, this panel is by ACJ and not Bamco. I don't see how they would drop in and announce a game there. It could happen, and it would make me really happy but I'm telling you now, it's very unlikely.

Let me know how the panel goes anyway. Since this is an Anime panel and all, post about it on AnimeGAF. A lot of people there don't have a lot of faith in this one, since Ufotable has been working non stop since UBW started. I feel bad for them, hopefully it won't hurt the show's quality.

He's talking about the Japan Expo going on in Paris, not the Anime Expo going on in LA. Basically there are two events going on at the same time. If GE2 is ever going to be announced, it would likely be tomorrow.

quabba

No, the Vita is my first portable since GBColor.

Get the game from Amazon and put draStic on your Android device. That would be a pretty good way to play the game.

Otherwise just play Vlr, one zero escape game is better than none. Its still a great game just some of the twists won't resonate.

RK128

He's talking about the Japan Expo going on in Paris, not the Anime Expo going on in LA. Basically there are two events going on at the same time. If GE2 is ever going to be announced, it would likely be tomorrow.

I didn't know two expo's were going on. .....That must be why God Eater 2 RB's localization was not shown off at Bamco's panel; they are saving that as the 'big' announcement for this other expo.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So, I was thinking about what NISA could announce later and Shin Hayarigami made me remember about Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru.
How did that game turn out to be? It looked interesting as hell.

https://youtu.be/JY-LNH4XZV4

*Parakeetman signal activated*

Am not sure about SKnY. Just did a quick look on amazon and while they are not perfect for info seems like both the PSV and PS3 versions were not received too well. Id have to look around other sites for more reliable info. Though from a glance looks like there are some relevant points in regards to the title as to why folks were not happy.

One example from a different JP review site is that the "forced features" in the vita version such as touch / gyro sensor got more in the way of the game and felt like it had little to no meaning for the title itself. Other things is lacking in volume for the game content, while its a sound novel voiced lines are a bit half assed with how its not full voice. Also how the player is unable to adjust sound.

Largest issue that a lot of people have is how scenario content is DLC based. Which raises the price of the game higher. Adding to the irritation is how the game itself feels lacking in content as stated above.

Heres the JP review site that is fairly good since there are rules & regs folks have to follow when doing write ups on it.
http://www.psvita-mk2.net/title.php?title=118

-------

Folks say Shin Hayarigami would have been better if it wasnt part of the series. The main issue that people had was the genre was wrong. As it was more of a "slasher / serial killer" type of horror vs the previous games which was like "supernatural / curse" type of setting. With that aside though the game was not too bad it seems.

If it comes out to the West would imagine folks who like those horror themed visual novels would enjoy it. Considering too that most people have no experience with the previous titles in the series.

In regards to VNs always wondered if NISA would localize that Yandere VN. It didnt do too hot either in Japan, but for the West I think just the setting alone along with the obsession with Yandere characters would get it to sell enough copies as long as they keep everything under a reasonable budget. The VO work in the game though for the JP one is nothing special though.

Ah I see. Have there ever been any announcements there though??

Parakeetman

That's disappointing. Looks like Shin Kamaitachi will stay in Japan, then.
I'd really like to play a murder/detective/whodunnit novel.

Its too bad that Suda51 does not go back to making VNs anymore since the ones he did do were pretty well received such as The Silver Case. Think he was also the writer on that game?

autoduelist

Okay, I feel like I should be excited for Zero Escape 3.
What is it? What is it's genre? What are the other 2? Can/Should I play them on the Vita?

Ok, first up, I hate visual novels. The only one I ever sort of liked was Zero Escape 2 on vita.

What you get:

1) A VN set up as a 'tree' of potential choices. Story wasn't compelling to me, but many love it. I'm not really sure if this is a spoiler at all, but a lot of the story is about the philosophical concept of the
prisoner's dilemma
which imo had promise but never fully delivered on quite what I wanted it to be. Translation - I dug the concept more than the execution of the story.

2) The gameplay 'road blocks' are traditional room escape puzzles. Solutions range from combining objects to solve environmental puzzles, to solving math / pattern / etc puzzles to open locks or whatever. All major puzzles have a 'special' secondary solution for trophy hunters. By and large, these puzzles were all solid and why I actually enjoyed the game -- don't use a guide, it's all the gameplay you get. There are better room escape puzzles out there, but overall, as a collection, these are quite good.

3) Lots of
inherently unlikable/unbelievable
characters that many seem to like/love, and you learn about how they all interrelate throughout the story. For reference, I don't like the characters in P4G or Danganronpa either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

4) There are some nice features, like you can fast forward any dialog in the tree branch you've seen before (it'll auto-stop if dialog is different) though it can still be a slog, especially opening doors (slow-ass animation).

All in all, it's a nice collection of room escape puzzles. Personally, I'd rather there was just a menu selection to get to each room escape puzzle and they shot the VN part out the air lock, but I'm sure plenty of people could do without the puzzles and would prefer the 'interactive/branching' book.

PS -- i didn't play the first and never felt like it was an issue in terms of learning backstory or predicting plot twists.

kevin1025

Banned
Is there usually a PSN summer sale? I saw Xbox is having theirs next week, and I remember there being an okay one last year.

Parakeetman

Just like I thought lol. I won't hold my breath but I guess I'll keep my eyes open nonetheless.

Lets see what tomorrow brings with the God Eater anime event. Still found it odd that BanNam did not do an initial announcement with the rest of the titles.

Saphirax

Id just consider that show more Euro release date announcements more than anything honestly.

No, no. It makes perfect sense! They trademarked GE in Europe so it makes sense they'd announce it at a European event.

:p
it was totally their plan all along

I can't be the only one who was convinced that they were gonna do the announcement, everything pointed at it happening.
I'm with you on that.
``````````````````````````````````````````
the anime expo is like the e3 for ps vita. man dreams still come true, now just waiting on nisa's announcements.

Hikami

NISA:
t1435972500z4.png

Parakeetman

Could it be possible that they are saving it for gamescom/Paris game week?

Would have just been better to announce it at the same event as the anime since all the fans of the series would be there allowing for them to spread the info via social media. Then they can go do the larger shows in EU after.

They lose out a bit on good marketing by not having it with the anime. As it will be the anime driving the hype for the game.

18-Volt

What to expect from NISA's 2016 lineup? Witch PS4 is pretty much lock. Stranger of the Sword City, Operation Babel, Great Edo Blacksmith, Gal*Gun, Mystery Chronicle, Ukiyo noRoushi/Shishi are other candidates.

My dream announcement is Kancolle Kai but I don't see that happening.

Edit: And that cute horror game Night Watch too, but it seems pretty early for that.

Saphirax

What to expect from NISA's 2016 lineup? Witch PS4 is pretty much lock. Stranger of the Sword City, Operation Babel, Great Edo Blacksmith, Gal*Gun, Mystery Chronicle, Ukiyo noRoushi/Shishi are other candidates.

My dream announcement is Kancolle Kai but I don't see that happening.

We're going to get Witch, Great Edo Blacksmith and Love Live!

....I hope not :p.

Since they want to get into the PC market SoSC for Vita and PC would be perfect.

RK128

I can't be the only one who was convinced that they were gonna do the announcement, everything pointed at it happening.

I thought it was happening to; next to Digimon and Gundam, its the only major game of theirs not released in the west or with no localization plans. We got Digimon (finally :D!) and I guess licensing is why Gudam isn't coming over, so all that leaves is God Eater.

Between the following:
-GE2 Characters appearing in Project X Zone 2 (with localization for the west and EU 2016)
-GE being trademarked in Europe
-The GE anime launching this year in both US/EU and JP (at least US will be getting a subbed version)
- All God Eater 2 Rage Burst trailers also had a English subbed one. No idea why they did that.
- Soul Sacrifice had God Eater collab DLC and all the names of monsters and costumes were localized.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia V-2 will also have collab so we'll see more of localized names.
Edit: Thanks 18-Volt for the extra info :D!

So, with all those factors, I would imagine that God Eater 2 Rage Burst was a lock for localization for the west and EU :l. I guess we will see over the next day or so if we are getting the game but if it isn't announced within the next two days (where they are heavily pushing the anime), then I have no idea what they are waiting on then :l.

A good thing to come from all of this is that Bamco isn't stupid; they ensure localization's of Vita games still have Vita versions in the west (though they are usually paired with a PS4 port), they hear what their fans want (as Digimon CS got localized), fix things in latter versions of games that are heavily requested (shown with the Re: Hallow Fragment port on PS4) and are modest with sales expectations (why else would we be still getting Vita games from them?).

They are one of the smarter JP publishers/developers on the market, so they know how big there IP are. Coming back to God Eater, I expect either of the following to happen in the next two days:
-God Eater 2 RB localization for the west is announced after the premier of the anime and its coming to the PS4 and Vita; more news coming on the game at GamesCom or at a latter date (though it has a early 2016 release)
-God Eater 1 Remastered/Remake localized first to pair-up with the anime's launch; promise of GE2:RB coming after GE1 Remaster/Remake launch
-Namco announces a God Eater event coming right at launch of the anime in the west and japan. This is where any GE games are announced

The game is coming, its just that we have no idea WHERE they are going to announce the game :l.

Parakeetman

I thought it was happening to; next to Digimon and Gundam, its the only major game of theirs not released in the west or with no localization plans. We got Digimon (finally :D!) and I guess licensing is why Gudam isn't coming over, so all that leaves is God Eater.

Between the following:
-GE2 Characters appearing in Project X Zone 2 (with localization for the west and EU 2016)
-The GE anime launching this year in both US and JP (at least US will be getting a subbed version)

So, with all those factors, I would imagine that God Eater 2 Rage Burst was a lock for localization for the west and EU :l. I guess we will see over the next day or so if we are getting the game but if it isn't announced within the next two days (where they are heavily pushing the anime), then I have no idea what they are waiting on then :l.

A good thing to come from all of this is that Bamco isn't stupid; they ensure localization's of Vita games still have Vita versions in the west (though they are usually paired with a PS4 port), they hear what their fans want (as Digimon CS got localized), fix things in latter versions of games that are heavily requested (shown with the Re: Hallow Fragment port on PS4) and are modest with sales expectations (why else would we be still getting Vita games from them?).

They are one of the smarter JP publishers/developers on the market, so they know how big there IP are. Coming back to God Eater, I expect either of the following to happen in the next two days:
-God Eater 2 RB localization for the west is announced after the premier of the anime and its coming to the PS4 and Vita; more news coming on the game at GamesCom or at a latter date (though it has a early 2016 release)
-God Eater 1 Remastered/Remake localized first to pair-up with the anime's launch; promise of GE2:RB coming after GE1 Remaster/Remake launch
-Namco announces a God Eater event coming right at launch of the anime in the west and japan. This is where any GE games are announced

The game is coming, its just that we have no idea WHERE they are going to announce the game :l.

In regards to Gundam Breaker 2, there really isnt anything outside of the MS designs that would have stopped the title licensing wise. Due to the game purposely avoided using music / official characters within the title itself.

Then again Gundam titles hardly get licensed for the most part as the Gundam boom is a bit dead, outside of the Gundam Build Fighters / Try. Which is what Gundam Breaker 2 could have targeted. Does not help too that GB2 did not have a PS4 version as was only the PS3 / PSV versions.

Damned shame as do think it would have sold decently in the West as long as they kept reasonable expectations.

RK128

In regards to Gundam Breaker 2, there really isnt anything outside of the MS designs that would have stopped the title licensing wise. Due to the game purposely avoided using music / official characters within the title itself.

Then again Gundam titles hardly get licensed for the most part as the Gundam boom is a bit dead, outside of the Gundam Build Fighters / Try. Which is what Gundam Breaker 2 could have targeted. Does not help too that GB2 did not have a PS4 version as was only the PS3 / PSV versions.

Damned shame as do think it would have sold decently in the West as long as they kept reasonable expectations.

So there is not much locking the game in Japan then..... Guess its a case of Bamco having a lot coming already (SAO: Lost Song, Digimon CS, ect) that they don't have enough time to localize the Gundam Breaker games for western markets :(.

Maybe we can make a petition or something to show that we want the game, as that worked wonders in the case for Digimon (got two emails about how the campaign was successful :D).

Those sound like fun games too, so I hope they do come over in the future.

18-Volt

Between the following:
-The GE anime launching this year in both US/EU and JP (at least US will be getting a subbed version)

There have been more:
- All God Eater 2 Rage Burst trailers also had a English subbed one. No idea why they did that.
- Soul Sacrifice had God Eater collab DLC and all the names of monsters and costumes were localized.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia V-2 will also have collab so we'll see more of localized names.

Parakeetman

So there is not much locking the game in Japan then..... Guess its a case of Bamco having a lot coming already (SAO: Lost Song, Digimon CS, ect) that they don't have enough time to localize the Gundam Breaker games for western markets :(.

Maybe we can make a petition or something to show that we want the game, as that worked wonders in the case for Digimon (got two emails about how the campaign was successful :D).

Those sound like fun games too, so I hope they do come over in the future.

Its not a matter of time, more my guess would be they are going off of previous numbers / market saturation and of course budget. Either that or they just do not have someone on the inside who can push a strong enough case to get those in charge to budge.

I dont bother with petitions so go feel free to knock yourself out if you want to go make one.

RK128

NISA panel HYPE.

I know we'll get more info/stuff on Despair Girls, but what else?

I guess we will be getting updates on Disada 5 (sorry if I butchered the name :() for sure but what other IP do they have? I suppose that they will be announcing some surprise localization's of games we don't expect coming and a huge brand of theirs getting a new game for the Vita/PS4/3DS.

Saphirax

I guess we will be getting updates on Disada 5 (sorry if I butchered the name :() for sure but what other IP do they have? I suppose that they will be announcing some surprise localization's of games we don't expect coming and a huge brand of theirs getting a new game for the Vita/PS4/3DS.

Disgaea 5 :D

And yeah, their panel is called 'What's in store for next year' or something similar. I don't think they have anything announced for 2016.

RK128

Disgaea 5 :D

And yeah, their panel is called 'What's in store for next year' or something similar. I don't think they have anything announced for 2016.

Wasn't that far off at least XD.

Like I said, I expect some surprise localization's alongside a expected game (maybe a Dragnrompa 3 or something).

Parakeetman

We dont seem to have anyone whos tweeting since RPG Site went silent. Their previous person who did the Aksys and Bandai Namco stuff was unable to get in.

ok looks like they tweeted something so perhaps they do have a source.

here we go.

Top Bottom