• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Tapejara

Waited a few days, and my Neptunia U LE still hasn't arrived despite the tracking information saying it was delivered. Shot IFI's Store Support an e-mail. Hopefully it didn't get lost :(.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Are you serious?
I am serious. You are in no position to judge her when you don't even know what she does. You don't know her what she has to go through getting the updates. And neither do I but we know that she works hard to get the updates, and I intend to believe her more than your mere speculation that she takes nap all week long.

Also, it is not her fault or her job to decide whether of PS Plus being "forced" or what games come out, it is not her fault PSN got hacked, and it is not her job to fix or get "licenses". That is one truly disgusting post to put all blame on her.

wilflare

Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Are you serious?

maybe you should take some time to read this and listen to the blogcast

Because like I always say when someone jumps to this conclusion she isn't the one who is at fault when the store doesn't update on time

There are two parts two the PS Store the Operations (Your wrath is more better directed at this side and whoever runs this) and Marketing side of which she works the latter.

She is more responsible for the sales and stuff that we get on PSN (which have been pretty good over the last little while) the playstation plus content and she publishes the blog posts for the content, she is not in charge of putting up the content itself.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cast-51-one-year-older-70-million-ps3s-wiser/ - Start from about 01:31 (an hour and 31 minutes)

This is basically the best example of something getting spread around as a joke to where it can actually be damaging to someones image.

It starts mostly around 01:31:40 or so
have you been liking the PlayStation Plus games (or at least enjoyed them at one point)
have you been liking the various sales
if your answer is YES to both, you need a new article thanking her and her team

Grace Chen works hard to stabilize and update PS Store.

If that's working hard, I must be working about 100x as hard since I post nearly 100x as many posts as she does, right? They should fire her ass and hire me for 50x the pay (a bargain, considering how much quicker and more accurate I am). ;)

Truth be told, I don't care how hard someone works if they can't be part of the solution to a problem they're involved in.

Vylash

nobody seriously thinks grace chen is sitting at her job stroking a black cat and sipping red wine during psn update times, we're just poking some fun at her

adarker

Banned
If that's working hard, I must be working about 100x as hard since I post nearly 100x as many posts as she does, right? They should fire her ass and hire me for 50x the pay (a bargain, considering how much quicker and more accurate I am). ;)

Truth be told, I don't care how hard someone works if they can't be part of the solution to a problem they're involved in.

Thank you. And I agree you would make a great PSN director.

adarker

Banned
maybe you should take some time to read this and listen to the blogcast

It starts mostly around 01:31:40 or so
have you been liking the PlayStation Plus games (or at least enjoyed them at one point)
have you been liking the various sales
if your answer is YES to both, you need a new article thanking her and her team

Sr. Director means Sr. Director. The buck stops with her just like any other business.

nobody seriously thinks grace chen is sitting at her job stroking a black cat and sipping red wine during psn update times, we're just poking some fun at her

Oh there's no doubt she's attempting to do her job as otherwise she would've been fired, I just can't fathom how the PSBlog and PSStore update teams continually fuck this shit up.

Not entirely her fault, but I mean - seriously... overhaul your goddamn store procedures and information gathering! This is 2015 and everyone else can update on a proper schedule.

adarker

Banned
Oh there's no doubt she's attempting to do her job as otherwise she would've been fired, I just can't fathom how the PSBlog and PSStore update teams continually fuck this shit up.

Not entirely her fault, but I mean - seriously... overhaul your goddamn store procedures and information gathering! This is 2015 and everyone else can update on a proper schedule.

If she's in charge, and the title Sr. Director implies that, then it is her fault for not managing her team properly.

Hikami

I wonder when NISA will announce the stuff they were going to at Anime expo.

Google tells me they've announced stuff at TGS before so maybe there?

Probably just at random at this point. Around TGS would be nice, they wouldn't need to be there per say, but putting out the announcements on their website or something would be cool since niche gamers will be hungry for news.

RK128

I think it will be throughout the year if they have a lot of game announcements or a few select events if they don't have a lot but the stuff they do have is big enough.

Between the Paris Games Show, GamesCom, TGS, New York Comic-Con and the PSX, there are a lot of places they could announce games :).

Hey PS4 gaf idk where to post this but I need some help. One of my controllers recently died (wouldn't charge at all) so I took it upon myself to open it. I successfully did however I have absolutely no idea what battery I can replace it with.

http://www.amazon.com/Tera-Rechargeable-Replacement-Playstation-Controller/dp/B00RHD2CL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436677048&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+battery+replacement&pebp=1436677051734&perid=03K6MG73A0NK8BH2BBEK

Does anyone know a store I could get this battery physically rather then ordering it online? I live in the US btw

I think it will be throughout the year if they have a lot of game announcements or a few select events if they don't have a lot but the stuff they do have is big enough.

Between the Paris Games Show, GamesCom, TGS, New York Comic-Con and the PSX, there are a lot of places they could announce games :).

Second press conference later in the year! That'd be cool.

Seriously though, the past few years they've tended to release a lot of stuff in Feb/March, so they'd need to announce that well in advance to do their usual hype cycle.

Plus, Witch & Hundred Knight Revival has already been leaked by USK, so it's just a matter of time.

Still salty about AX though :(

NewDust

Hey PS4 gaf idk where to post this but I need some help. One of my controllers recently died (wouldn't charge at all) so I took it upon myself to open it. I successfully did however I have absolutely no idea what battery I can replace it with.

http://www.amazon.com/Tera-Rechargeable-Replacement-Playstation-Controller/dp/B00RHD2CL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436677048&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+battery+replacement&pebp=1436677051734&perid=03K6MG73A0NK8BH2BBEK

Does anyone know a store I could get this battery physically rather then ordering it online? I live in the US btw

Sorr I don't have a direct answer, but have you tried charging from the ps4 ub ports, with the original cable? I know the DS3 can be quite iffy to charge from other sources, certainly when the battery is completely drained.

autoduelist

You must have been using a different PSN than me.

Nope, same one. It's true -- once they announced 2pm they were hitting it far more often than not for a long time. People never gave them credit for it, but I figure that's because most people never knew what time the store was supposed to update anyway.

You can tell looking back at blog posts by the time stamp of the first comment.

Randomly picking Feb 2014.
First comments per week at: (4th - 2:01), (11th - 2:00), (18th - 2:00) , (25th - 2:00)
(perfect month)

looking at june 2014:
first comments: (3rd - 2:33) , (10th, 7:17 -- NOTE, E3 special update is why), (17th - 2:03), (24th - 2:00)
(30 minutes late once, E3 doesn't count)

It was like that for a long time - delays were the exception, not the rule.

The past few months have been bad, though.

Would someone here know how this works? If I go to preorder COD BO3 on amazon, if I pick the english version it costs $79.99. If I pick french it says $64.96. Both say the disc is bilingual but the packaging comes in the respective language. Is this legit? Does anyone know if for sure I buy the obvious choice which is the french packaging one, that I'll get the game in English too?

Criminal Girls 2 was supposedly leaked through Amazon ad banners.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8251824.html

inb4 Criminal Girls is shit and perverted. Only one of those is true (and it's the latter).

It is a good game especially balance-wise (the characters has really well defined roles). Especially once you get more skills.

My only worry is if they'll be able to follow what made CG quite well regarded (and no, it's not because of the punishing stuff). ImageEpoch is dead, so I wonder who's making this. And maybe improve the balance further.

Oh, and actually follow up on the complaints on the game (too short/too tedious end-game contents) as INVITATION is almost the same thing, just with Live 2D.

Edit: Supposedly clicking the banner would lead you to Yomawari, another game by NipponIchi.

Shizuka

Criminal Girls 2 was supposedly leaked through Amazon ad banners.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8251824.html

inb4 Criminal Girls is shit and perverted. Only one of those is true (and it's the latter).

It is a good game especially balance-wise (the characters has really well defined roles). Especially once you get more skills.

My only worry is if they'll be able to follow what made CG quite well regarded (and no, it's not because of the punishing stuff). ImageEpoch is dead, so I wonder who's making this. And maybe improve the balance further.

Oh, and actually follow up on the complaints on the game (too short/too tedious end-game contents) as INVITATION is almost the same thing, just with Live 2D.

Edit: Supposedly clicking the banner would lead you to Yomawari, another game by NipponIchi.

We can't talk about it.

Tizoc

IMO GoW 1 and 2 are more than enough GoW for me.
The rest of the games can be skipped.
Kratos isn't that great a character too.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Sure, I understand this POV. I'm not so much in for the character out story as I really enjoy the gameplay. It's just a rewarding stimulus-response loop that clicks with me.

RK128

As someone who played through every game in the series except Assention, I'm cool with skipping out on GOW3 Remastered :). It looks so similar to the PS3 version, that its hard to justify why its even made :l?

I guess its for people new into the PlayStation eco system but still, they could of brought the Saga Collection to the PS4 and it would be a better value. But that argument has been brought up over and over again since the GOW3 PS4 was announced. Nice that its going to be out for anyone interested :).

God Eater Anime is out and seems to be pretty good. Can't wait to finish my shift to watch. May even fire up Burst on my Vita again.

Saw that in gaming section, so I look forward to watching it :D! Didn't expect the anime to be launched this soon, so looking forward to watching it latter :D.

RK128

Saw the first episode of the God Eater anime and was very impressed :). The story looks very interesting and the characters are likable. The combat sections look awesome and I look forward how the MC's God Eater will morph depending on the situation (we already saw it turn into a gun in this episode for example).

Very impressed and I'm looking forward to future episodes of the anime :D. If the anime is successful enough, that might push Bamco to speed up the localization of GE: Resurrection and/or GE2: Rage Burst :).

Tizoc

Sure, I understand this POV. I'm not so much in for the character out story as I really enjoy the gameplay. It's just a rewarding stimulus-response loop that clicks with me.

I will concede that GoW 3 has fantastic graphics though. I'm just not in the mood to go through Kratos being a raging man-child killing the world just to kill one guy because he pissed him off.

RK128

I will concede that GoW 3 has fantastic graphics though. I'm just not in the mood to go through Kratos being a raging man-child killing the world just to kill one guy because he pissed him off.

The worst part is that if you played prior games in the series (mainly the PSP games), you get some extra context to why his is so violent.
-Chains of Olympus: He is forced to kill his daughter 'again' in order to save Olympus and can never see her again. He has to literaly pull her off him, thus giving him even more anger prior to the events of God of War 1
-Ghost of Sparta: He not only has to kill his mother (who the gods turn into the monster once she try's to tell Kratos that Zeus is his father) but he loses his brother that he spent the entire game traveling to find (with him being killed by another god).
-God of War I and II: In 1, its established that the kills his family in a fit of range with influence of the God of War, and in 2, he kills Athena when trying to kill Zeus

So, between the gods tricking or forcing to kill his family and preventing him from saving his brother alongside killing the only god that he is close with, Kratos has every right to be that angry at the start of God of War III.

Granted, the lengths he goes through in his vengeance is really, really over done (I was a bit disgusted at some points in GOWIII) but thanks to the PSP games, there is context to it all despite it not being enough to mask how 'savage' Kratos gets by God of War III.

Saw the first episode of the God Eater anime and was very impressed :). The story looks very interesting and the characters are likable. The combat sections look awesome and I look forward how the MC's God Eater will morph depending on the situation (we already saw it turn into a gun in this episode for example).

Very impressed and I'm looking forward to future episodes of the anime :D. If the anime is successful enough, that might push Bamco to speed up the localization of GE: Resurrection and/or GE2: Rage Burst :).
Hngghh just a few more hours until I can watch this!

Tizoc

The worst part is that if you played prior games in the series (mainly the PSP games), you get some extra context to why his is so violent.
-Chains of Olympus: He is forced to kill his daughter 'again' in order to save Olympus and can never see her again. He has to literaly pull her off him, thus giving him even more anger prior to the events of God of War 1
-Ghost of Sparta: He not only has to kill his mother (who the gods turn into the monster once she try's to tell Kratos that Zeus is his father) but he loses his brother that he spent the entire game traveling to find (with him being killed by another god).
-God of War I and II: In 1, its established that the kills his family in a fit of range with influence of the God of War, and in 2, he kills Athena when trying to kill Zeus

So, between the gods tricking or forcing to kill his family and preventing him from saving his brother alongside killing the only god that he is close with, Kratos has every right to be that angry at the start of God of War III.

Granted, the lengths he goes through in his vengeance is really, really over done (I was a bit disgusted at some points in GOWIII) but thanks to the PSP games, there is context to it all despite it not being enough to mask how 'savage' Kratos gets by God of War III.

It's a little hard to see Kratos as a tragic character when in every game he's been in, the developers think of various reasons to fuck him up, for no other reason than just to make him 'GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH KILL EVERYTHING AND FUCK YOU!'

GoW and Kratos got kind of old after they made the same game 6 times with different locations and varying levels of polish
I liked 1-3 and one of the PSP games but now I can't care about it anymore at all and probably will never play one again

btw I saw GoW 3 Remastered already for sale in a local shop here on friday for 60€ (lol). Pretty strange since it was a big chain and shops rarely break streetdate here.

RK128

It's a little hard to see Kratos as a tragic character when in every game he's been in, the developers think of various reasons to fuck him up, for no other reason than just to make him 'GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH KILL EVERYTHING AND FUCK YOU!'

I agree with you. At least his games are fun outside of him being "I WILL YOU ALL!" and stuff :l.

I made this post for a thread on reddit then re-read the question and realised I wasn't answering what was being asked, lol.

But it took me a while and thought it'd be good to have this listed all in one place. Anything else that needs adding?

Asia-exclusive physical releases in English

- Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
- Moe Chronicle
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
- Soul Sacrifice Delta
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Rumoured Asia-exclusive physical releases in English:

- Helldivers
- Mighty no. 9
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence

Europe-exclusive physical releases in English:

- Epic Mickey 2
- History Legends of War: Patton's Campaign
- Invizimals: The Alliance/The Resistance
- J-Stars Victory Vs.
- Looney Tunes Galactic Sports
- MotoGP 13/14
- Mud
- Muppets Movie Adventures
- MXGP
- New Little King's Story
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
- WRC 3/4

Rumoured Europe-exclusive physical releases in English:

- Space Hulk
- Top Trumps Turbo

NA--exclusive physical releases in English:

- Ar no Surge Plus
- Blazblue Chronophantasma (and Extend)
- Code Realize: Guardians of Rebirth
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
- DJMax Technika Tune
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1
- Mind=0
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Norn9: Var Commons
- Ragnarok Odyssey/Ace
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi/Estival Versus
- Superbeat XONIC
- Valhalla Knights 3
- Walking Dead Season 1/2
- The Wolf Among Us
- XBlaze: Lost Memories

Games I wanted to make an extra note on

- Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - if this exists, Play-Asia seem to think that only an Asian version is coming physically.
- Dokuro - the Asian Version is multi-language. I'm 99% certain the Japanese version is too, but I don't have a copy so I can't confirm that.
- HTOL#NIQ - had a limited print run in the USA which has now sold out. However, the Asian version is in English
- Minecraft - you can get this game in USA, but it's a download code in a box. Europe got a physical cart version.
- Orgarhythm - I am 99% certain that the Japanese & Asian versions of this game have English as an option as long as your system is set to English, but I don't have a copy of this so I can't confirm. Maybe someone else can?
- Retro City Rampage got a retail version but it has long since sold out

Top Bottom