• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

incpdo

So guys what are the expectations for anime expo this year vita wise? I'm personally waiting for something like God eater. But idk if it will ever happened

RK128

Omfg after two days I finally beat Riku. My hands are shaking.

Nice job man :D! The rest of the game is far less annoying if memory is correct; just keep a high amount of potions and eithers alongside having cure ready and your good :). The final area of the game is really cool from what I remember, so have fun with the games climax :D.

On a different note, Nordic games (the people who own a lot of THQ IP like Darksiders, Red Faction and Destroy All Humans) are teasing a game announcement for sometime 10AM ET. I will link the thread to that here but it seems to hint at former Vigil Games developers are coming back together, forming Vigil Games once more and are working on something.

Whatever it is a new IP or a Darksiders III is unknown, but with the Deathinitive Edition of Darksiders II coming sometime this year, I think its either a spiritual successor to the series or a third game following up Darksiders I. Regardless, it will likely be PS4 game, so I hope its a great announcement :D.

So guys what are the expectations for anime expo this year via wise? I'm personally waiting for something like God eater. But idk if it will ever happened

Most of us are expecting Digimon CS and God Eater 2 Rage Burst to get localization announcements alongside other news on a few localization's announced already and more new ones coming this year/2016. Should be a great for our Vita's :D.

The Digimon CS localization is likely happening, as listings of the game popped up on Amazon for a retail PS4 version (meaning that Vita might be digital only) and God Eater trademarks have been filed alongside the anime of the series being shown off at the AX; both have shots at coming to the west and that is awesome :).

incpdo

Nice job man :D! The rest of the game is far less annoying if memory is correct; just keep a high amount of potions and eithers alongside having cure ready and your good :). The final area of the game is really cool from what I remember, so have fun with the games climax :D.

On a different note, Nordic games (the people who own a lot of THQ IP like Darksiders, Red Faction and Destroy All Humans) are teasing a game announcement for sometime 10AM ET. I will link the thread to that here but it seems to hint at former Vigil Games developers are coming back together, forming Vigil Games once more and are working on something.

Whatever it is a new IP or a Darksiders III is unknown, but with the Deathinitive Edition of Darksiders II coming sometime this year, I think its either a spiritual successor to the series or a third game following up Darksiders I. Regardless, it will likely be PS4 game, so I hope its a great announcement :D.

Most of us are expecting Digimon CS and God Eater 2 Rage Burst to get localization announcements alongside other news on a few localization's announced already and more new ones coming this year/2016. Should be a great for our Vita's :D.

The Digimon CS localization is likely happening, as listings of the game popped up on Amazon for a retail PS4 version (meaning that Vita might be digital only) and God Eater trademarks have been filed alongside the anime of the series being shown off at the AX; both have shots at coming to the west and that is awesome :).
I might totally buy that digimon game. It would be cool to get digimon adventure for Psp too but its not happening.

Hikami

So guys what are the expectations for anime expo this year vita wise? I'm personally waiting for something like God eater. But idk if it will ever happened
let's see, on the show floor of Anime expo will be:
Aksys Games, Atlus, Bandai Namco, Capcom, GungHo Online Entertainment, Idea Factory International, Koei Tecmo, NIS America, PQube
(taken from the schedule sal made here)

(speculation):
Aksys - will show whatever the ridiculously long countdown is for
gaf fail of the year if it isn't ZE3.
As well as other stuff judging from the panel description "Panel discussing the lineup for Aksys Games into the latter half of 2015 and beyond"
Bandai Namco - Digimon, God Eater. at least one of these has to be happening
NISA - they have an event named "NISA Games: What's in Store for Next Year" so we can expect something from them, not sure what though.

no clue about the rest of those publishers

Really hoping for GE2RB. Keeping my fingers crossed all day at work tomorrow, it's about time we eat some Gods on our Vitas and PS4s, in English of course. Digimon is already a sure lock since my lovely country spoiled the surprise for everyone :p On NISAs side I am hoping for a lot of other things that have been mentioned countless times here. These will only be 2016 titles, but I wanna know what I will be saving my money towards on my Vita. Plenty to choose from on my PS4 already :p

Yeah thanks it was a very tense battle, I feel very satisfied now, like I actually earned the victory. Can't wait to see more because the story just went from Disney-happyness to Final Fantasy-despair, and the latter was exactly why I wanted to play the series.

RK128

Really hoping for GE2RB. Keeping my fingers crossed all day at work tomorrow, it's about time we eat some Gods on our Vitas and PS4s, in English of course. Digimon is already a sure lock since my lovely country spoiled the surprise for everyone :p On NISAs side I am hoping for a lot of other things that have been mentioned countless times here. These will only be 2016 titles, but I wanna know what I will be saving my money towards on my Vita. Plenty to choose from on my PS4 already :p

Yeah thanks it was a very tense battle, I feel very satisfied now, like I actually earned the victory. Can't wait to see more because the story just went from Disney-happyness to Final Fantasy-despair, and the latter was exactly why I wanted to play the series.

Can't wait to find out what's coming tomorrow to :D! Can't wait to see the first English trailer of the Vita Digimon game; watched gameplay of it from YouTube and it looks like a lot of fun. Also one of the best looking games on the system too from gameplay videos :D.

God Eater I have strong hope of getting announced for the west; between the anime being shown off at that same event, GE2 characters appearing in the west-bound Project X Zone 2 and the listings for God Eater trademark.......it is coming :). I could see it being a early 2016 game on PS Vita/PS4 while Digimon CS being a summer 2016 game for PS Vita/PS4.

And if you like where KH1 is going now, you will love how the stories of Birth By Sleep, KH2 and the 358/2 Days Movies goes.
Birth By Sleep might as well be a Disney-themed Star Wars adventure XD. 358/2 Days will make you really hate the villains of KH2 :'(. And KH2 will just confuse you time to time :l.

Yasumi

Banned
Countdown clocks until the various company panels at Anime Expo:

Bandai Namco's RPG panel:
t1435878000z4.png

Aksys Games panel:
t1435953600z4.png

NISA games panel:
t1435972500z4.png

RK128

Best Buy listing for World of Final Fantasy Vita.

I'm hoping that's a pricing error >.>

I guess its either of the following:
-Pricing Error like you mentioned
-Normal price of both the PS4 and Vita versions; you buy one and get the other (Cross-Buy)

Wouldn't be surprised, as for a 'introduction' to the FF series, it would be smart to have cross buy :). That way kids can play on the go, then when they get home, transfer that progress on to there PS4's and continue playing.

Granted, if the HD Remasters of X and X-2 mean anything, I don't think Square would offer any kind of Cross-Buy (as that wasn't in the X/X-2 Collection).

Flunkie

Banned
My goal for July is to finish one of the two games I got on the flash sale, Tales of Hearts R or Hyperdimension. Its looking like more time will go into NepNep then Tales though. Or should I put those on hold and finish P4G?
Either way you're looking at a fuck ton of playtime. Good luck lol.

Also P4G is ridiculous so far 4 hours in playing on Easy... not even fun. I should've started on Normal.

Edit: do these anime conventions usually contain big localization announcements?

Hikami

Edit: do these anime conventions usually contain big localization announcements?

recap of last year's announcements

Anime Expo

[Localization] htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary

[Localization] Criminal Girls: Invite Only

[Localization] The Awakened Fate Ultimatum

[Localization] Under-Night In-Birth Exe:Late

[Localization] Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

[Date] Muramasa Rebirth's third DLC

[Tease] NISA teased a new Disgaea game announcement for the fall (Disgaea 5)

[Tech Demo] Sword Art Online for Oculus Rift

Japan Expo

[Announce] Terra Battle

[Date] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

[Date] Tales of Hearts R

[DLC] One Piece: Unlimited World Red 'Red Stands Alone'

Either way you're looking at a fuck ton of playtime. Good luck lol.

Also P4G is ridiculous so far 4 hours in playing on Easy... not even fun. I should've started on Normal.

Flunkie you know better. Go and restart on Normal.

Shizuka

Can't we? It's too bad there's no video feed. Most of the thread would be made up of people furiously f5-ing twitter.

You could PM a mod and ask, it'd definitely be helpful for the community to have one thread discussing the event.

RK128

You could PM a mod and ask, it'd definitely be helpful for the community to have one thread discussing the event.

I could ask a mod if you guys want :). I agree; a place discussion the announcements of a number of game announcements is important (as the AX might as well be the E3 for PS Vita).

Will post back when I get an answer.

Edit: Sent the PM now, so when I get an answer, I will let you guys know :).

RK128

In our midst we have a lawyer, so good sir I present to you further proof that God Eater shall be announced at AX (or else):

https://twitter.com/lxmonadx/status/616338552394125312/photo/1

This is right at the entrance for the convention. Why feature a huge poster for an Anime for a game that released for us years ago on the PSP only? You know why. Any objections?

CASE SOLVED! GAME IS COMING OUT IN THE WEST!

Sorry for the caps-lock, but I don't see anything that says otherwise; localization of the God Eater series for Vita and PS4 in the west is happening :D. I mean, this is the equivalent of having Uncharted 4 be on huge bill-boards during E3; a huge game that will be very present on the show-floor.

Sorry for the caps-lock, but I don't see anything that says otherwise; localization of the God Eater series for Vita and PS4 in the west is happening :D. I mean, this is the equivalent of having Uncharted 4 be on huge bill-boards during E3; a huge game that will be very present on the show-floor.

Well, except this is probably for the God Eater anime.

Well, except this is probably for the God Eater anime.

They could be reaaaaaaally stupid and do it just because but I mean... Why put a huge poster for an Anime of a series that no one cares about? And if they do, wouldn't that mean that Bamco themselves recognize that people know the brand, and therefore recognize that it is a viable option for the west? Idk, too many stars aligned, I think I have a very solid closed case in my hands. Final verdict is tomorrow. Get those hashtags ready, I'll eat crow if I am wrong but, this is it.

EDIT: just for those who don't know since I didn't make it clear, that is key art for the Anime NOT the game. However, I present my case to you above. Why make such a huge deal of a series such as God Eater if it's been so long since Burst on the PSP ^

Should I watch the God Eater anime before playing the game? How should I approach this series, where to start?
Here is the thing, this is being made by Ufotable which if you dont know, is one of the highest prestige Anime companies out there in terms of animation these days. The show is based on the first game, HOWEVER the main character in this is original, a new character created by Ufotable, rather than the default character considered cannon in the series (in the games you can change your looks, sex, voice, etc). SO, is the story in it gonna be the same as in the game? No one knows. However you should be fine watching, and then playing GE2.

The PSP game was brought over as Gods Eater, btw. The poster there is God Eater, no "s". Might be relevant.
Very good point, I remember there being some kind of trademark dispute and they had to change the name. They didn't do it for the Anime...

The European gaming trademark was for Rage Burst only, so I wonder if they have settled the matters.

RK128

The PSP game was brought over as Gods Eater, btw. The poster there is God Eater, no "s". Might be relevant.

Well, it would be silly to call the anime 'God Eater 2' when there was never a first God Eater anime :). I think this means that the brand is going to be 'big' at the AX, so it will be one of the major things Bandi Namco talks about during there presentation.

I believe that if a localization for God Eater 2 is coming, then now is the best time to show that off to the world. Regardless, Bandi Namco is going to have a strong showing at the AX, so it will be enjoyable to see what they announce :).

batrush

There is a Prime eligible listing for the EU version of Steins Gate on Amazon, for anyone who doesn't want to wait for the NA release. Ordered one for myself due to the busy Fall season.

Anyone else unable to log in on the browser version of the store, or open the store up on the PS4? It keeps telling me that my password is wrong on the browser, even when the password is saved and I logged on earlier to purchase DriveClub.

Here is the thing, this is being made by Ufotable which if you dont know, is one of the highest prestige Anime companies out there in terms of animation these days. The show is based on the first game, HOWEVER the main character in this is original, a new character created by Ufotable, rather than the default character considered cannon in the series (in the games you can change your looks, sex, voice, etc). SO, is the story in it gonna be the same as in the game? No one knows. However you should be fine watching, and then playing GE2.

Yeah I know who ufotable is
(Fate/Zero favorite anime ever)
, so anime is original content and not adaptation. I'll watch it then.

RK128

Hello guys; just wanted to give you the heads up that one of the moderators said no to the Anime Expo thread :(.

I guess it would be best to have the PSN thread be the hub talking about the game announcements as they get announced.

Hope you guys aren't upset about this :(.

Edit: The mods did say we can have threads for each of the panels and the game announcements. If you guys want me to make one of them, let me know :).

Producer

In our midst we have a lawyer, so good sir I present to you further proof that God Eater shall be announced at AX (or else):

This is right at the entrance for the convention. Why feature a huge poster for an Anime of a game that released for us years ago on the PSP only? You know why. Any objections?

Yep, i saw this earlier today when i passed by the convention center. But who knows, maybe its just Daisuki getting exclusive streaming rights?

Alright. Everybody seems stoked for a possible God Eater game. I have the first one from PS+. Can somebody sell me on it? Why should I play it?

RK128

Alright. Everybody seems stoked for a possible God Eater game. I have the first one from PS+. Can somebody sell me on it? Why should I play it?

It didn't click with me, but the PSP God Eater that Sony put on PS+ is interesting due to its creative gun system; you have a number of different ammo you can shoot and each ammo has different properties. For example, one can slow the foe down, while one can have explosive damage.

I also remember the PSP game having a great music and the visuals being very impressive for the PSP :).

I'm excited as it seems that the new God Eater (2: Rage Burst) fixes all the issues with prior games in the series and is a great game in general; it looks promising to me :).

It didn't click with me, but the PSP God Eater that Sony put on PS+ is interesting due to its creative gun system; you have a number of different ammo you can shoot and each ammo has different properties. For example, one can slow the foe down, while one can have explosive damage.

I also remember the PSP game having a great music and the visuals being very impressive for the PSP :).

I'm excited as it seems that the new God Eater (2: Rage Burst) fixes all the issues with prior games in the series and is a great game in general; it looks promising to me :).

Thanks! That sounds pretty neat. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I beat MGS2!

Kudo

Anyone else unable to log in on the browser version of the store, or open the store up on the PS4? It keeps telling me that my password is wrong on the browser, even when the password is saved and I logged on earlier to purchase DriveClub.

Store just didn't load for me yesterday on PS4, took like 4-5 hours until it started working.

Kudo

Weird.. I can't stream Natsuiro Highschool on PS4, but I'm sure I've seen lots of people streaming it before.
Anyone know something about this?

Weird.. I can't stream Natsuiro Highschool on PS4, but I'm sure I've seen lots of people streaming it before.
Anyone know something about this?

It's possible the service you're trying to stream on has blocked the game.

Twitch has done it before quite a few times...

Kudo

It's possible the service you're trying to stream on has blocked the game.

Twitch has done it before quite a few times...

It just gives me error when I press "Broadcast Game", I've logged in to Twitch before so it defaults to that but how can I change it? It doesn't even give me option to change the stream service.

Tizoc

People like Collector's Edition, just cuz it's not for the Vita doesn't make it any less of a big announcement :V

https://twitter.com/lxmonadx/status/616338552394125312/photo/1

This is right at the entrance for the convention. Why feature a huge poster for an Anime of a game that released for us years ago on the PSP only? You know why. Any objections?

Bleh I suspected we'd be getting God Eater localization anyways.

Countdown clocks until the various company panels at Anime Expo:

Bandai Namco's RPG panel:
t1435878000z4.png

Aksys Games panel:
t1435953600z4.png

NISA games panel:
t1435972500z4.png

Thanks for this! I'll be home when Bamco makes it announcements >=3

It just gives me error when I press "Broadcast Game", I've logged in to Twitch before so it defaults to that but how can I change it? It doesn't even give me option to change the stream service.

I believe it's somewhere in the share menu, but I forget exactly - I do know you can choose between UStream and Twitch at the least though.

Kudo

I believe it's somewhere in the share menu, but I forget exactly - I do know you can choose between UStream and Twitch at the least though.

The error is "Cannot use selected feature with this application" so I guess it's blocked in all stream services..

Top Bottom