• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
New Grand Kingdom trailer, you can see the clone of the sorceress design for the original dragon crown for dreamcast
https://youtu.be/3dF7vp90Wkw

infos and screens here
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/grand-kingdom-second-trailer

As expected the nis horror game looks like corpse party, lol at those expecting fatal frame or even worse life-like graphics.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...ight-exploring-game-is-actually-kind-of-cute/
20150702_032955.png
yomawari_1507023_r.jpg
yomawari_1507025_r.jpg

NIS is teasing an rpg that takes place after the final boss fight
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...kes-place-after-the-hero-beats-the-last-boss/

EDIT:
TOTP buy demon gaze, it's on sale and it's really good.

Prelude.

Well, it's 2D but it doesn't look like Corpse Party at all. Looks pretty good though, I'm pretty confident that we'll get it in the west.

Tohsaka

Weird.. I can't stream Natsuiro Highschool on PS4, but I'm sure I've seen lots of people streaming it before.
Anyone know something about this?

Maybe they were using capture cards? I don't have it myself, holding out for a while to see if XSEED picks it up before I import it.

Kudo

Maybe they were using capture cards? I don't have it myself, holding out for a while to see if XSEED picks it up before I import it.

Hard to say, I'd assume there'd be something on internet about it if it's blocked but found nothing myself.
Maybe it was blocked after the free mode pictures were put on internet, no idea. It's very fun game so far and would have liked to show it to my friends but alas.

That NIS horror game looks really cute, if it doesn't jump to Corpse Party level on CG maybe even I can play it alone.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well, it's 2D but it doesn't look like Corpse Party at all. Looks pretty good though, I'm pretty confident that we'll get it in the west.

A horror game with young chibi characters, 2d top down anime graphics set in modern day japan, doesn't need rpgmaker-like graphics to be similar to corpse party for me.

Renpatsu

People talked about MUSYNC's final release yet?

I thought the last few updates would be it but it looks like v1.18 is going to be the last one for real this time. Along with improving the framerate the devs have also gone and made ALL the previous IAP songs free!

All you have to do is set your date to 2015/9/11 and 'purchase' the song in game (without committing to payment) and it should be available to play.

So I guess with 30 songs in total anyone on the fence thinking about picking this game up now is probably as good a time as any.

Also on the PSM front people should really check out Satoshi Hamano's 'A Healer Only Lives Twice' as that game gives an interesting twist on many RPGs by forcing you to play the healer to a tank as they attempt to flee a dungeon with a dwindling supply of torches. You buff, heal, craft items while your tank attempts to clear out waves of enemies advancing upon you. Folks who like micromanagement in their RPG battles (not that this is that exactly) will be right at home here.

Also on the PSM front people should really check out Satoshi Hamano's 'A Healer Only Lives Twice' as that game gives an interesting twist on many RPGs by forcing you to play the healer to a tank as they attempt to flee a dungeon with a dwindling supply of torches. You buff, heal, craft items while your tank attempts to clear out waves of enemies advancing upon you. Folks who like micromanagement in their RPG battles (not that this is that exactly) will be right at home here.

That sounds pretty cool. Where do you get these games? I did a search on the PSN but couldn't find it. Is there a special PSM site?

jonno394

In our midst we have a lawyer, so good sir I present to you further proof that God Eater shall be announced at AX (or else):

https://twitter.com/lxmonadx/status/616338552394125312/photo/1

This is right at the entrance for the convention. Why feature a huge poster for an Anime of a game that released for us years ago on the PSP only? You know why. Any objections?

Can't decipher the stylised font of the title on the right, what is it? Something Revolution?

Ugh got asked to stay at work longer today which means I won't be able to pay attention to the Bamco conference. Damnit. I'll have to catch up once I'm done.

Renpatsu

That sounds pretty cool. Where do you get these games? I did a search on the PSN but couldn't find it. Is there a special PSM site?
PSM is relegated to its own 'special' section of the PSN store that you can only access on your Vita. Just go to the PlayStation Store as normal but navigate to the PlayStation Mobile tab (to the left of the Video tab) and that will take you these games. It's still a mess to find anything though so be prepared to wade through a lot of junk to find some gems.

and hopefully they will patch it in the version that made it look feasible on their spreadsheet - the Vita version

I doubt that they'll do it and penetration has its own charm :p. I want them to focus their resources on bringing over new Vita games anyway

#Digimon
#GodEater

To those who have me on Twitter, if there are any news of God Eater give me a buzz. Again, I will be working late and won't be able to check up on the news until after /: I am super confident that it will happen due to all of the factors going into this, but we all know that gamer's common sense vs publisher's common sense usually don't align.

People talked about MUSYNC's final release yet?

I thought the last few updates would be it but it looks like v1.18 is going to be the last one for real this time. Along with improving the framerate the devs have also gone and made ALL the previous IAP songs free!

All you have to do is set your date to 2015/9/11 and 'purchase' the song in game (without committing to payment) and it should be available to play.

So I guess with 30 songs in total anyone on the fence thinking about picking this game up now is probably as good a time as any.

That's good stuff for MUSYNC. If found the game a little too hard for me even on "easy".

Satoshi Hamano's Behind You is one of the best games on PSM and will show up on my top ten list coming out today. Kicking myself for missing A Healer Only Lives Twice as it sounds cool. Apparently he also released a game called GALATEA which I don't think came out on the NA PSM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joT43PC6KqU

Yasumi

Banned
To those who have me on Twitter, if there are any news of God Eater give me a buzz. Again, I will be working late and won't be able to check up on the news until after /: I am super confident that it will happen due to all of the factors going into this, but we all know that gamer's common sense vs publisher's common sense usually don't align.
Same. I'm going to be out to dinner during Bamco's panel, then just clocking out of work and going to a Uni reunion around Aksys' and NISA's panels. Goddamn normal people things. ;-;

Ephidel

Satoshi Hamano's Behind You is one of the best games on PSM and will show up on my top ten list coming out today. Kicking myself for missing A Healer Only Lives Twice as it sounds cool. Apparently he also released a game called GALATEA which I don't think came out on the NA PSM:

The PSM store really could have used a search function x_x

Galatea is on the NA PSM in the Adventure category.
Behind You is in Action.
A Healer Only Lives Twice is under strategy.

Only tried Healer Lives Twice the other day, but I enjoyed it enough to try the creators other stuff.

I was interested in the Miko Gakkou titles before too and got some feedback in the old thread:
The Miko Gakkou games are nice and quirky, though I don't recall Sanae Episode leaving a significant impression on me. Second Year has some very unique gameplay (like bullet hell mixed with a rhythm game), but the hitboxes and timing take a little getting used to, and it can get a bit cluttered in some levels (though this may be by design). It's one of those games that's both fun and a little frustrating.

Kaede episode just came out in the last few weeks, and has received one out of two content updates (the developer had to rush the initial release because of PSM closing). I have to say its presentation and story (so far) are much more interesting than Sanae episode, and it has less fanservice too. It doesn't put as much effort into introducing the setting and characters, but that might not be a bad thing. Just keep in mind that though they call it an RPG, it's basically an animated story with some exploration, no battles or anything.
If anyone else was interested in those it looks like Sanae and Second Year have just been reduced to $0.79 and $1.49 respectively, so I'm grabbing both of those. I'll probably get Kaede too after I pick up some more credit just so I have all of them tbh.

The PSM store really could have used a search function x_x

Galatea is on the NA PSM in the Adventure category.
Behind You is in Action.
A Healer Only Lives Twice is under strategy.

Yeah. Not only do you need to know the category but the list isn't in alphabetical order.

The failure of PSM isn't because a lack of cheap interesting games being put out by developers. It is because of poor messaging by Sony and presentation. It would have been a mess to put all these games out on the regular storefront but some curation of presenting some of the best would have been helpful.

SerTapTap

Yeah. Not only do you need to know the category but the list isn't in alphabetical order.

The failure of PSM isn't because a lack of cheap interesting games being put out by developers. It is because of poor messaging by Sony and presentation. It would have been a mess to put all these games out on the regular storefront but some curation of presenting some of the best would have been helpful.

PSM store was AWFUL. I'd almost never check it. Keep 'em in a normal searchable section of the store, let 'em have achievements and cloud saves, trying to segregate them out did a ton of harm.

You know, I think they could have used a separate, optional layer of curation much like PS4/Vita themes currently really need. Let the, honestly, pretty low quality stuff stay up, but have a top-level section showcasing "the good stuff". Themes especially need this because PS4/Vita have two kinds of themes: official game related themes and shitty A EPIC LAZER CAT THEME swill that makes browsing themes a pain.

How is it possible that I still can't open the damn PS store on my PS4? It just keeps showing the blue screen.

First two steps I'd recommend (for almost any PS4 issue) is turn it off (not rest) then back on and try again, and if not put it in Safe Mode and run rebuild database--it's pretty fast and doesn't erase anything, and solves a surprising number of random oddities and slowdowns.

Kudo

Do you people use screen protector on your Vitas? I just accidentally peeled off mine and it was last I had, pain to order the Horis from abroad so was thinking how easily the screen gets scratches?
I know mobile phones use gorilla glass so they never scratch but no idea about Vita.

SerTapTap

Do you people use screen protector on your Vitas? I just accidentally peeled off mine and it was last I had, pain to order the Horis from abroad so was thinking how easily the screen gets scratches?
I know mobile phones use gorilla glass so they never scratch but no idea about Vita.

I got a tiny scratch on my OLED one so yeah, I'd recommend it on Vita. Also the Vita 2000's slightly ugly indented screen makes it so you can barely tell there's a screen protector anyway.

I got the official Sony Vita starter kit:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PP4136/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Everything in this kit was worthless except for the screen protector that is still going strong from launch. No bubbles and I don't notice it all. It has weirdly been glacially moving to the left tho.

Saphirax

Kinda funny but my phone has scratches whilst my Vita doesn't (It does have a small, barely noticeable crack though; no idea how it happened).

Tohsaka

I had one on my for a while, but it got a bubble under it somehow and it was pissing me off so I removed it. It's been fine since then, no scratches or anything.

Ephidel

I use a screen protector on my Vita because previous devices have been scratched - my PSP screen ended up with an odd gouge out of it late in its life (still don't know what caused it) and the lower screen of my DS got scratched to pieces trying to play Tao's Adventure and drawing symbols on the screen.

Whether or not it's actually made any difference to protecting the Vita I can't say, but it makes me feel better I guess.

Renpatsu

That's good stuff for MUSYNC. If found the game a little too hard for me even on "easy".

Behind you is great but sort of not well optimised in the frame rate department given the scope of the game (I'm nitpicking here) but since you're not moving around in AHOLT I think it plays better overall.

Galatea is on the EU store but double the price of BY or AHOLT so I'm on the fence about picking it up.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your PSM countdown as I've pretty much been using your YouTube videos to help me navigate the slew of releases.

wilflare

I doubt that they'll do it and penetration has its own charm :p. I want them to focus their resources on bringing over new Vita games anyway

#Digimon
#GodEater

that's a positive way of looking at things
<3 let's hope our positive vibes get to them

I use a tempered glass screen protector on my Vita OLED
I used one meant for the HTC One M7 - works perfectly

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Countdown clocks until the various company panels at Anime Expo:

Bandai Namco's RPG panel:
t1435878000z4.png

Aksys Games panel:
t1435953600z4.png

NISA games panel:
t1435972500z4.png

In which of these there could be the eventual localization of stranger of sword city?

Top Bottom