• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
In which of these there could be the eventual localization of stranger of sword city?

NISA would be the most likely.

Though am curious if they also secured the PC rights. Since they did mention that NISA in general is more interested in pushing further into the PC market now.

cyborg009

Banned
Some new Tokyo Xanadu info

New character:

Tokyo-Xanadu_07-02-15_001.jpg

And more details on the Xiphone “Other World Search” App.

Tokyo-Xanadu_07-02-15_003.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/tokyo-xanadu-screenshots-introduce-goro-other-world-search-app

Wish they went for a different art style for the game.

Yasumi

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before but will there be a stream for the Bandai Namco event later?
Probably not. I think @tononet covered it last year. Just have twitter search open in two tabs, one for GE2 and one for Digimon. Around conference time, F5 that shit like your life depends on it.

Vylash

i'm okay with livetweets for most of them, but i really really REALLY want video for NISA's panels, they sound super interesting

Zhao_Yun

Probably not. I think @tononet covered it last year. Just have twitter search open in two tabs, one for GE2 and one for Digimon. Around conference time, F5 that shit like your life depends on it.

Since I have half of Vita GAF in my twitter feed anyway, there is literally no chance I'd miss any announcements right? :p

RK128

Just a heads up in case anyone didn't see this new thread yet:
-SAO:Hallow Fragment PS4 is coming July 28th
-It has a new story chapter (not sure if its as big as the Hallow Area or not.....) based on Strea, a character introduced in the game
-Translation is supposed to be better than the PS Vita version (they said this before I think....) Edit: Not sure if this is right or now, so don't take my word on it yet; it was stated in the Twitter post but no official confirmation yet.
-Online Play for up to four players
-Can make your own female avatar instead of just using Kirito the whole game
-Saves from the Vita game can transfer over
-Graphics and frame rate seem to be better; the former looks more polished with some more animation and the latter seems smoother than the Vita version

No news on pricing of Re:Hallow Fragment yet, but still, its nice that its coming so soon for PS4 owners :D.

-It has a new story chapter (not sure if its as big as the Hallow Area or not.....) based on Strea, a character introduced in the game
-Translation is supposed to be better than the PS Vita version (they said this before I think....)
-Graphics and frame rate seem to be better; the former looks more polished with some more animation and the latter seems smoother than the Vita version

No news on pricing of Re:Hallow Fragment yet, but still, its nice that its coming so soon for PS4 owners :D.

Is the vita getting this update too?

Zhao_Yun

-Translation is supposed to be better than the PS Vita version (they said this before I think....)

Hm.. I was thinking of getting the Vita version in the current EU sale but maybe I should wait for the PS4 version instead?

RK128

Is the vita getting this update too?

That is the thing, they never said if Vita owners will get the new content/translation fixes or not :(. I'm just going to assume that the Vita version will not get these updates but to compensate for that, Vita owners can transfer there saves, so they 'upgrade' to the PS4 version :l.

This and the new translation just sold me on the PS4 version. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale though.

The female avatar is a fantastic addition to the game :D! Will give the customization features more purpose (as it seems that the customization is a lot more expansive than in the base game if that trailer is right).

And the new translation alone is a seller XD! The Vita's translation is so bad its good level or quality :').

Hm.. I was thinking of getting the Vita version in the current EU sale but maybe I should wait for the PS4 version instead?

The PS4 version is likely going to be a full-priced game (or at least the same 40 bucks that original Vita version cost), so regardless you are saving money if you get the game from the EU sale now.

And that way, you can play through a good chunk of the game now than when the PS4 version goes on sale, you can get that then and upload your Vita save to the PS4 and get good head start with the extra content :).

No, it's basically a "Plus" version of the game with new content

That is the thing, they never said if Vita owners will get the new content/translation fixes or not :(. I'm just going to assume that the Vita version will not get these updates but to compensate for that, Vita owners can transfer there saves, so they 'upgrade' to the PS4 version :l.

Thanks, that kind of sucks.

A young girl was walking with her dog.

However, the dog was involved in an accident as a result of her carelessness, and disappeared somewhere.

Her older sister, who saw her return home with an empty leash, went out in search of the dog.

When her sister doesn’t return, the young girl who was left alone leaves the house and goes out into the eerie night of the town, which is completely different from how it looks during the day.
I already love this

RK128

Thanks, that kind of sucks.

It does suck :(.....but I can understand why that is the case; the core game will need a lot of work to run with the PS4 updates (as if the new translation is that much better, it means a lot of coding will need to be done to make that work well, not even counting the new Strea chapter which might have a lot of content linked to it). So, I understand why the Vita version is not getting the content; it sucks but, it could be worse :l.

The story alone sold me on the game; so tragic and interesting. I wonder how the game is going to play (as it looks like a horror/adventure game), so I can't wait to see more :D.

Is this coming to the west, or is this just coming in JP for now?

Saphirax

It does suck :(.....but I can understand why that is the case; the core game will need a lot of work to run with the PS4 updates (as if the new translation is that much better, it means a lot of coding will need to be done to make that work well, not even counting the new Strea chapter which might have a lot of content linked to it). So, I understand why the Vita version is not getting the content; it sucks but, it could be worse :l.

The story alone sold me on the game; so tragic and interesting. I wonder how the game is going to play (as it looks like a horror/adventure game), so I can't wait to see more :D.

Is this coming to the west, or is this just coming in JP for now?
No localization announcement yet.
From the looks of it, it seems like a game with barely any text at all, just like htoL#NiQ.

Unfortunately, that's the impression I get too.

RK128

Add another one to the AX list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbGmrySQLIg&feature=youtu.be

Red Ash by comcept and Studio 4C, reveal on July 4th

looks A LOT like Mega Man Legends

WELP! Looks like we got our Not-Mega Man Legends guys :D!

It took a while as Not-Mega Man Zero (Gunvolt) and Not-Mega Man (Mighty No. 9) were in the works but finally we got our Not-Mega Man Legends :D!

The music, the dialog, and the character designs.....all look ripped right out of Mega Man Legends :'). The guy in the middle looks a lot like Tessle Boone with his red eyes for example.

Really want to see gameplay of this and find out what systems is this coming to :).

I'd trust her word, knowing her.

I'm guessing that's a no, then? :p

Though I do remember a HTOL#NIQ SteamDB listing from a while ago.

I'm not really fussed about PC support, but if they do try again, I hope they don't half-ass it like they did last time.

Parakeetman

Seems even better than reindeer loli simulator!

(I was looking for an excuse to post this thing my roommate drew)

jh4kcKTl.jpg

Loli simulator?

More like Faces of Death.

I'm guessing that's a no, then? :p

Though I do remember a HTOL#NIQ SteamDB listing from a while ago.

I'm not really fussed about PC support, but if they do try again, I hope they don't half-ass it like they did last time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164041594&postcount=377

Parakeetman

Yep no problem. Just took me a bit to find since was busy with other stuff.

Am sure that NIS + NISA is quite aware of this also as an example of a different JP dev that is doing well on the PC

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1042423

With the recent releases of Gurumin and Ys VI, six of Nihon Falcom's PC games are now available to English audiences through Steam. As a whole, how well have your English Steam games sold compared to your more recent English PlayStation releases?

To be honest, we were surprised to see that many of our titles enjoyed better sales volume on Steam then PlayStation. There are some titles that did way better than when sold in Japan as packaged goods on the PlayStation; there are some titles that are worthwhile businesses based just on their North American Steam sales. Suffice it to say, we are very aware of Steam.

Am curious how IF is doing on Steam.

SerTapTap

Damn, nice upgrades. Don't really need more JRPGs right now though. Adding a female avatar is particularly nice, as is the cross save.

Seems even better than reindeer loli simulator!

(I was looking for an excuse to post this thing my roommate drew)

Heh

Top Bottom