• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Saphirax

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi is $25 for the limited edition on Amazon, is it good as a story? Any mystery elements? After Ghost Trick/Dangan Ronpa and trying some Ace Attorney I think I like mystery VNs though I've seldom ever played a straight VN. I know it's otome but it seems like some have a lot more to the story than others

Is Journey still not up yet?

Hakuouki doesn't really have any mystery elements. It's long, has likable characters and is very story driven. There really isn't a lot of romance, it's primarily about Shinsengumi. So if you have any interest in the story and/or about the samurai give it a try.

I'll just leave this here;

zcII3uk.jpg

RK128

I'll just leave this here;

Considering all the sales over the past few weeks that were so good (last weekends flash sale for example).....its not a big deal that the sales for this week on the Vita end of things are....nothing but one game.

Edit: And according to Shizuka, its a great game, so that makes things much better then :D.

Considering all the sales over the past few weeks that were so good (last weekends flash sale for example).....its not a big deal that the sales for this week on the Vita end of things are....nothing but one game.

Edit: And according to Shizuka, its a great game, so that makes things much better then :D.

I honestly don't expect a big parade of games on sale every week, but I expect at least a game or two*. Shit like this is disappointing.

Note: PSP games don't count.

RK128

I honestly don't expect a big parade of games on sale every week, but I expect at least a game or two*. Shit like this is disappointing.

You make a good point; they could of shifted a few of the Flash Sale games into a themed sale this week (the shooter games like Gradius and Geometry Wars 3 could of be the 'big' games of the sale for example).

SerTapTap

The URL for Tembo is great BTW
CKddsRcWgAA6SUK.png:large

Hakuouki doesn't really have any mystery elements. It's long, has likable characters and is very story driven. There really isn't a lot of romance, it's primarily about Shinsengumi. So if you have any interest in the story and/or about the samurai give it a try.

Hmm, think I'll just get it since it's a lovely, if useless, LE package

Whelp, here we go.

IO4jGMk.jpg

But it's a damn good game.

Eh, there's too many games. I'm a picky SOB and even I think there's too many games I want to play. At a certain point I have to say "that's enough of this console and its games" and just move on, or I'll be stuck in the past playing old games forever.

I've said goodbye to the PSP, and aside from Persona 3 which I keep meaning to play I don't think I'll be going back.

bender

What time is it?
No Hatoful Boyfriend plus discount is a bummer. I think I'll wait for a sale of just play my GoG copy. Doom Classic Complete is tempting.

As I am playing through the latest Telltale's GoT episode, I have got to say that although it isn't bad, it's got nothing on Tales from the Borderlands.

adarker

Banned
Are you reviewing it? I'm looking for PS4/Vita reviews for the game, but I can't seem to find any, did Devolver Digital skip distributing review codes for that one?

Devolver's PR firm seriously raised their standards. Everyone I know fell out of said increased standards. But if anyone should have got one, it was teflontactics.

Are you reviewing it? I'm looking for PS4/Vita reviews for the game, but I can't seem to find any, did Devolver Digital skip distributing review codes for that one?

Yep, I'll be reviewing this one myself.

Devolver's PR firm seriously raised their standards. Everyone I know fell out of said increased standards. But if anyone should have got one, it was teflontactics.

Oh? I hadn't heard about that - but thanks for the compliment adarker. :)

tumblr_nr6fq2nV4V1url4lio1_500.gif

Well... I preordered the PS4 version of Journey because it was cheaper last week, but the PS3 version (that I can play) isn't available for download! What the heck Sony!

quabba

Is that even a sale price? I already bought this on sale for $5 on Shizuka recommendation a while ago, and of course like all of Shizuka recommended games,
I never got around to playing it

kevin1025

Banned
Journey, Hatoful Boyfriend, Tembo bought. Then my brain snapped and I bought Shovel Knight, Life is Strange and the Dishonored upgrade. What is wrong with me...?

RK128

Journey, Hatoful Boyfriend, Tembo bought. Then my brain snapped and I bought Shovel Knight, Life is Strange and the Dishonored upgrade. What is wrong with me...?

You never bought Shovel Knight yet?! Hope you have a blast with it :D, as it really is a fantastic retro-homage to he NES era of gaming :).

I might get the Dishonored Upgrade latter on if that is active this fall, as I will be owning a PS4 by then and it would be nice having that ready to play right when I get the console :D.

Trembo sounds like a blast, Hatoful Boyfriend sounds....interesting XD and if you never played Journey before, you are in for a beautiful game :).

kevin1025

Banned
Shovel Knight and Journey are so damned good! Enjoy!

Thanks!

You never bought Shovel Knight yet?! Hope you have a blast with it :D, as it really is a fantastic retro-homage to he NES era of gaming :).

I might get the Dishonored Upgrade latter on if that is active this fall, as I will be owning a PS4 by then and it would be nice having that ready to play right when I get the console :D.

Trembo sounds like a blast, Hatoful Boyfriend sounds....interesting XD and if you never played Journey before, you are in for a beautiful game :).

Journey I played so so so many times when it first came out, I played it three times in a row on its release day. Can't wait to play it again, such a perfect game.

I have Shovel Knight on PC but only played an hour or so of it! I'm slowly rebuying everything on PS4, same with Life is Strange, played the three episodes on PC. But yeah! Time for PS4 times!

SirTapTap in his video equated Tembo to Donkey Kong Country, so it's all his fault I bought it! Hatoful looks like ridiculous fun!

RK128

Thanks!

Journey I played so so so many times when it first came out, I played it three times in a row on its release day. Can't wait to play it again, such a perfect game.

I have Shovel Knight on PC but only played an hour or so of it! I'm slowly rebuying everything on PS4, same with Life is Strange, played the three episodes on PC. But yeah! Time for PS4 times!

SirTapTap in his video equated Tembo to Donkey Kong Country, so it's all his fault I bought it! Hatoful looks like ridiculous fun!

Didn't mean to sound rude with my comment, but the game really shines on PS Vita due to it looking fantastic on its screen and the great D-Pad making things feel great to control. Have fun with it man :).

Tembo might as well be a modern DKC with how so much from that series seems to be incorporated in Tembo (the peanut pick up sound is lifted right out of the DKC games and Tembo's dash ability can be equated to DK's roll). Don't own a PS4, so I can't play that yet, but when I get one, Tembo is on the list of games to pick up for sure :).

SerTapTap

lol I got in with NISA, XSeed, Atlus and IF, completely ignored by Devolver. Dunno what their deal is

kevin1025

Banned
Didn't mean to sound rude with my comment, but the game really shines on PS Vita due to it looking fantastic on its screen and the great D-Pad making things feel great to control. Have fun with it man :).

Tembo might as well be a modern DKC with how so much from that series seems to be incorporated in Tembo (the peanut pick up sound is lifted right out of the DKC games and Tembo's dash ability can be equated to DK's roll). Don't own a PS4, so I can't play that yet, but when I get one, Tembo is on the list of games to pick up for sure :).

I definitely didn't take it as rude, no worries! Shovel Knight is one of those games everyone needs to play, I'm with you there! I always felt weird about never trying to finish it, now with the PS4 D-pad, nothing will stop me!

Nearly 2GB for Hatoful Boyfriend? Jeez.

Gotta have those high quality bird pics.

adarker

Banned
Yep, I'll be reviewing this one myself.

Oh? I hadn't heard about that - but thanks for the compliment adarker. :)

tumblr_nr6fq2nV4V1url4lio1_500.gif

IMHO you are THE Vita source. It would be foolish to not hook you up but what do I know.

lol I got in with NISA, XSeed, Atlus and IF, completely ignored by Devolver. Dunno what their deal is

That same PR firm does Deep Silver too so blah! Do you get stuff from Tecmo Koei as well? Same PR firm as XSEED.

Yeah that's how retroactive cross buy always seems to work. I wasn't seeing it when I searched, but it was just in a huge banner on the webstore so I found it.

Top of page again, apparently Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds is coming to PS4 on thursday (?!), it's a pretty fun co op brawler with RPG elements. Here's my vid of the PC version

Loved it on Vita and I will be buying it here. Would have bought it today but they decided to go for a worldwide (in the west) release and pushed it back to Thursday.

Probably the closest thing we will get to Guardian Heroes or Panzer Bandit on the PS4. Love that new arranged soundtrack too.

SerTapTap

Loved it on Vita and I will be buying it here. Would have bought it today but they decided to go for a worldwide (in the west) release and pushed it back to Thursday.

Probably the closest thing we will get to Guardian Heroes or Panzer Bandit on the PS4. Love that new arranged soundtrack too.

Also the closest to Scott Pilgrim Vs The World we'll get. RIP Brave soldier. The perfect scott pilgrim game, taken down due to licensing. Alas.
well, perfect other than the general RPG vs difficulty wonkiness

That same PR firm does Deep Silver too so blah! Do you get stuff from Tecmo Koei as well? Same PR firm as XSEED.

Haven't done Tecmo yet, I assumed them, Bandai and anything bigger like Sega/Squeenix would just ignore me (and sure enough Bandai seems to have ignored me). Also the Sony published indie stuff, that's not going to be fun to try and get access to. But since I mostly do indie stuff and a dash of JP niche, missing on Devolver is an annoying gap. And a weird one, they seemed cool.

kng3025

Yeah that's how retroactive cross buy always seems to work. I wasn't seeing it when I searched, but it was just in a huge banner on the webstore so I found it.

Top of page again, apparently Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds is coming to PS4 on thursday (?!), it's a pretty fun co op brawler with RPG elements. Here's my vid of the PC version

Any idea if the game will be cross buy? I already have the Vita version which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Vylash

...did we ever find imageepoch's ceo?

Also the closest to Scott Pilgrim Vs The World we'll get. RIP Brave soldier. The perfect scott pilgrim game, taken down due to licensing. Alas.
well, perfect other than the general RPG vs difficulty wonkiness

Haven't done Tecmo yet, I assumed them, Bandai and anything bigger like Sega/Squeenix would just ignore me (and sure enough Bandai seems to have ignored me). Also the Sony published indie stuff, that's not going to be fun to try and get access to. But since I mostly do indie stuff and a dash of JP niche, missing on Devolver is an annoying gap. And a weird one, they seemed cool.
Bandai ignored me too, but TK sends me their stuff automatically (except vita stuff, but at this point i'm assuming they don't even give out codes for their vita stuff) so i'd say try them

...did we ever find imageepoch's ceo?

Bandai ignored me too, but TK sends me their stuff automatically (except vita stuff, but at this point i'm assuming they don't even give out codes for their vita stuff) so i'd say try them

They do, and if you're already getting other stuff it wouldn't hurt to ask either. ;)

pariah164

:O what do you like about it?
1 - The soundtrack is pure fire and I adore it.

2 - I like the art style and the concept behind the game. The characters, for the most part, seem not too annoying, but I can't be certain till I actually play it (The End appears to be fabulous as fuck).

3 - After watching some gameplay, it seems simple enough that I can get into it fine, yet has the potential to be challenging without being toss-Vita inducing later on.

TotP: Buy Lost Dimension next week.

Top Bottom