• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Yasumi

Banned
Got my first ending in Hatoful, it was surprisingly emotional. Going for other endings is going to be kind of painful now.
Ryouta. ;-;
Guess I'll go for that library guy next.

pariah164

I don't understand Hatoful. I don't get the appeal of it. They're pigeons, yet they have a human appearance, yet you're a human girl, just...

58tCHnl.gif

Otaku Anime Bullshit (TM) lover that I am, something about it just doesn't click.

Yet, flip side of the token, want to buy it just so more VNs get some love on the Vita.

I don't understand Hatoful. I don't get the appeal of it. They're pigeons, yet they have a human appearance, yet you're a human girl, just...

58tCHnl.gif

Otaku Anime Bullshit (TM) lover that I am, something about it just doesn't click.

Yet, flip side of the token, want to buy it just so more VNs get some love on the Vita.

Well I am the same. Plus this would count as an otome, since the MC is a girl chasing boys-- I mean male pigeons. Not a fan of the genre. But I get the appeal of it for others, seems like a totally wacky game.

Yasumi

Banned

58tCHnl.gif

I wasn't expecting it either, then things started getting heavy and I became invested. Not even ironically.

SerTapTap

Was looking for a DLC and good LORD DOA last round has a lot of costumes. As a completionist that stuff really bugs me, even if I "don't need it"

edging closer to just buying Driveclub again digital because I always kinda want to check out the new content but not enough to swap disks. God I'm lazy

Every day that passes just gets me more hyped for Lost Dimension.

Was that supposed to be good? Probably missed my window to ask for a review copy. Not like I'd have time anyway I guess.

...did we ever find imageepoch's ceo?

Bandai ignored me too, but TK sends me their stuff automatically (except vita stuff, but at this point i'm assuming they don't even give out codes for their vita stuff) so i'd say try them

I'll try them then. The biggest ones I'm missing are Devolver and SCEA/Santa Monica Studio indies though. I love Japanese niche stuff but the indie stuff fits on my channel better and tends to make better video rather than written review.

Wasn't someone suspiciously like imageepoch's CEO in some photo op for NIS or something crazy?

cyborg009

Banned
edit: has any studio used that new Vita 30% performance boost yet?

Not personally, no - but I don't deal with TVL's PR type stuff very much. Paul may have gotten it, but he's asleep so I can't ask him at the moment.

Ya I think I made him email paul. And I'll wait for your reply.

Khronico

After many, many hours of playtime I think am finally almost done with Grimodar castle in Demon Gaze (Just about to enter the area with Uranus). I really like the game but that section just went on FAR too long, I almost completely burned out on the game.

autoduelist

Was that supposed to be good? Probably missed my window to ask for a review copy. Not like I'd have time anyway I guess.

Lukewarm reviews so far, but a lot of the complaints I've read about are more for things I don't care about; I've yet to see a comprehensive review of the battle system, for example.

I have it preordered but am [likely] cancelling it; I am still working on Op Abyss and by the time I get that done I'll have another drpg i have preordered on hand.

And that's not even getting into the ridiculous beyond belief backlog I have amassed.

Speaking of -- I wonder how many people that complain about bad sales one week have ridiculous backlogs too. I breath a sigh of relief there aren't a pile of games on sale for a couple bucks. 1 vita game on sale? I already own it? YES!

Has anyone noticed that the webstore download queue for the PS4 doesn't clear automatically? When I queue something it downloads fine but even after it is finished it stays in there forever and says "downloading" and I have to delete it manually.

Shengar

Well I am the same. Plus this would count as an otome, since the MC is a girl chasing boys-- I mean male pigeons. Not a fan of the genre. But I get the appeal of it for others, seems like a totally wacky game.

If they make a male version of the game, Tesla will rise out from his grave just to play it.

zadig

Neo Member
My copies of Steins;Gate and Muramasa arrived today. :D Going to start Steins;Gate later. I've been watching my mailbox impatiently all week for it to arrive.

And I also ended up ordering P4 DAN and Taiko... but the DX version for the PSP. XD I'm so out of touch with J-Pop, the Vita version's song list is almost all unknown songs to me. I'll be missing out on the Sen no Kiseki theme song, but I think I'll have more fun playing with songs I'm already familiar with. Plus, I charged up my (original JP release) white PSP the other day, and was reminded how much I liked it (and how amazing I thought it was back in the day). <3

Ponn

Banned
So it looks like Evil Within is $20 on amazon and I notice the season pass for it is on sale right now. Is this a good jumping in point for both? Is the season pass worth it? Haven't heard anything about a GOTY for this but been wanting to play it.

Tizoc

So it looks like Evil Within is $20 on amazon and I notice the season pass for it is on sale right now. Is this a good jumping in point for both? Is the season pass worth it? Haven't heard anything about a GOTY for this but been wanting to play it.
I think the game + season pass has a chance of going for sub 30 usd in future sales.

Anyone here had trouble adding funds to PSN via their credit card? It won't let me do it this morning, either by PayPal or the saved credit card, it just says the credit card details are invalid. Looking on my CC online account, nothing unusual there, and I've been using that card on PSN for ages. I've deleting both and re-adding them, and it doesn't work. I wanted to take up the PayPal £50 offer before it expires.

Anyone else experienced this?

Saphirax

Anyone here had trouble adding funds to PSN via their credit card? It won't let me do it this morning, either by PayPal or the saved credit card, it just says the credit card details are invalid. Looking on my CC online account, nothing unusual there, and I've been using that card on PSN for ages. I've deleting both and re-adding them, and it doesn't work. I wanted to take up the PayPal £50 offer before it expires.

Anyone else experienced this?

I had this happen twice. The first time my CC expired and I forgot to change it and the second time I accidentally entered the wrong security code. Both resulted in an account lock - it's usually for 24 hours only. If you keep trying over and over then it'll be for longer (i believe it can be up to a week, but I'm not certain) and the lock resets every time you try again. Just wait a day and then try and it should hopefully be unlocked.

I had this happen twice. The first time my CC expired and I forgot to change it and the second time I accidentally entered the wrong security code. Both resulted in an account lock - it's usually for 24 hours only. If you keep trying over and over then it'll be for longer (i believe it can be up to a week, but I'm not certain) and the lock resets every time you try again. Just wait a day and then try and it should hopefully be unlocked.

OK thanks! I'll leave it for now then :)

So, Makai Shin Trillion is out tomorrow in Japan,right?

Will there be an impressions/import OT for it?

Edit: I still can't wrap my head around how that game is supposed to be played. Is the main game a rougelike and then you chip away som HP from the end boss every now and then?

BTW is ronin still coming to the Vita or has it been cancelled?

Goty was just leaked by amazon.

SerTapTap

New Death Under the Labyrinth screenshots:

The artstyle still looks off to me. Hopefully the gameplay will turn out to be good.

Between the name, mech combat and character art I have no idea what's going on here

You people are playing Hatoful Boyfriend with character portraits being the birds right?

I thought you were forced to play with the birds, are you not?

bobohoro

Welp, it's done, got a PS4. Just don't know what to do with Fifa 15, I suppose I won't be getting much money for trading it in or something.

Will be setting up and playing around in the evening, it's too damn hot here right now to play video games.

Now I can finally play Bloodborne and... wait for Pirate Warriors 3 I guess. Might just get Samurai Warriors 4 in the meantime, to see how Musou games perform on current gen.

SerTapTap

Welp, it's done, got a PS4. Just don't know what to do with Fifa 15, I suppose I won't be getting much money for trading it in or something.

Will be setting up and playing around in the evening, it's too damn hot here right now to play video games.

Now I can finally play Bloodborne and... wait for Pirate Warriors 3 I guess. Might just get Samurai Warriors 4 in the meantime, to see how Musou games perform on current gen.

One of us one of us one of us!

And if Estival Versus is any indication, Musou games shouldn't have any problem performing, especially since I assume they have a fair bit higher budget. One of my favorite things about PS4 is it seems even niche Japanese shops can easily hit 1080/60

Sword Art Online Re:HF will be 19,99&#8364; in EU.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/623831714436096001

Now Vita buyers can't really be mad or ask for a loyalty discount at that price

Hey that ain't bad

bobohoro

Sword Art Online Re:HF will be 19,99€ in EU.

Hm, maybe I'll give the game another chance.

One of us one of us one of us!

And if Estival Versus is any indication, Musou games shouldn't have any problem performing, especially since I assume they have a fair bit higher budget. One of my favorite things about PS4 is it seems even niche Japanese shops can easily hit 1080/60

I'm more interested in higher enemy density and better textures. Constant FPS in a musou game would actually weird me out. :O

It will also be interesting to see how much Plus games I've gathered for the PS4. Transistor and MGS:GZ are the two I know I will play, maybe there's some good stuff I already have forgotten about. And Bastion for less than 4€ isn't so bad either.

The feel of owning a new console is such a nice thing.

SerTapTap

Hm, maybe I'll give the game another chance.

I'm more interested in higher enemy density and better textures. Constant FPS in a musou game would actually weird me out. :O

It will also be interesting to see how much Plus games I've gathered for the PS4. Transistor and MGS:GZ are the two I know I will play, maybe there's some good stuff I already have forgotten about. And Bastion for less than 4€ isn't so bad either.

The feel of owning a new console is such a nice thing.

Enemy density seems fine even in last gen Musou for my taste, though enemy variation (like minor costume variations on the same base mook) and draw distance for enemies could be majorly improved.

There's tons of good stuff that hit PS+, if you claimed them be sure to check out Binding of Isaac, Pix The Cat, Velocity 2X, Resogun, Skulls of the Shogun, probably a bunch of stuff I forget, also that driveclub PS+ version.

Really? My Ps4 must be defective, I haven't had that happen since I got it. Maybe check setting or something?

Okay maybe it's not everyone but it's a common complaint in every PS4 firmware thread, so it's at least not an isolated issue.

Every time I start my PS4 (from "off", not from rest mode) I get a little notification about energy saving options or something.

EDIT: See here for example
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Disable-Discover-notifications/td-p/23128196

SerTapTap

Okay maybe it's not everyone but it's a common complaint in every PS4 firmware thread, so it's at least not an isolated issue.

Every time I start my PS4 (from "off", not from rest mode) I get a little notification about energy saving options or something.

Oh, I've seen that a couple times, but I almost never turn mine totally off so maybe that's why.

It's not a big deal, just another one of those things that Sony hasn't fixed in the three months it has been there
Oh wow, so would that also make it $20 in the US then? -bad with foreign money conversions-

I was going to buy the bundle thing but.. at that price I'd actually just buy re:HF and get a physical copy of Lost Song.

Prices are set for regions individually and it could theoretically be anything, but $20 is a very safe bet.

When I added Hatoful Boyfriend to my cart, the "people who bought this also bought" section suggested WWE 2K15. Lot of crossover between the pigeon dating sim and wrestling fan bases.

pariah164

When I added Hatoful Boyfriend to my cart, the "people who bought this also bought" section suggested WWE 2K15. Lot of crossover between the pigeon dating sim and wrestling fan bases.
It's clearly a plug for the sequel, where all the pigeons are taken and placed in a pigeon-based fight club.

Ryan95

Sword Art Online Re:HF will be 19,99€ in EU.

That's the price the Vita version should have had since the very beginning: I took my digital copy for €25 during a sale, and I think it's the right value for the game. Coming back IT, the PS4 price is pretty fair, and I think this pricetag is meant as an incentive to shift as many fans from the Vita userbase to the PS4 one (or even late newcomers), and grant Lost Song a good amount of sold copies for the PS4 version as well (and considerng PS4 huge install base, I certainly don't blame Bamco for making the best profit out of it)

pariah164

Game summary:

In the not-so-far future, a sudden increase in the chicken and rooster population has brought back a sport long ago made illegal: rooster fighting rings. Japan is no exception, and in the underground, these birds mean big business. As the daughter of one of Japan's top breeders, you find yourself forming close relationships with all manner of charming feathered companions, from Rhode Island Reds to Golden Beauties. Will you be in their corner to heal their wounds after every bout? Or will you help them escape to greener pastures...?

Sorry
not sorry.

RK128

Sword Art Online Re:HF will be 19,99&#8364; in EU.

If that means the US pricing on PSN will be 20 bucks, not a bad deal at all for the remaster/remake :D!

You are getting two games in one (Alicard section and Hallow Area section) alongside a whole new episode exclusive to the PS4 version, improved visuals and performance, online MP, custom-character creation that is far more in-depth then the Vita version (more options + female character option) and even a stronger translation then the PS Vita version.

Great deal for 20 bucks and whenever I get my PS4, will get Re:Hallow Fragment for sure :).

I hope the Vita gets this remastered version in the future but for now, its great to see the series grow on to other platforms alongside the Vita :).

Game summary:

In the not-so-far future, a sudden increase in the chicken and rooster population has brought back a sport long ago made illegal: rooster fighting rings. Japan is no exception, and in the underground, these birds mean big business. As the daughter of one of Japan's top breeders, you find yourself forming close relationships with all manner of charming feathered companions, from Rhode Island Reds to Golden Beauties. Will you be in their corner to heal their wounds after every bout? Or will you help them escape to greener pastures...?

Sorry
not sorry.

Day one man, day one XD! THAT sounds like a story I could get interested in; chickens x Rocky, what a pairing :').

pariah164

Day one man, day one XD! THAT sounds like a story I could get interested in; chickens x Rocky, what a pairing :').
I fully expect to be paid royalties for that brilliant summary. You're welcome, Mediatonic/Devolver Digital.

I kind of want to play that too now.

Top Bottom