• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Vashetti

Banned
Just tried PS4 remote play, seemed terrible at first.. Though that was because I didn't know you had to enable the high framerate option yourself, looks great now.
Though it just reminded me how badly I want a Vita with L2/R2 (´・_・`)

I remember there being a Vita case that added L2/R2 for remote play.. Was that any good?

Go into Power Save Settings in Settings on the Vita and untick "Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode".

Hikami

29e90d17c3.jpg
Game of the month for me

I think it was okay, but its only for the Vita 2000 model (no OLED Vita support :() and the L2/R2 'Buttons' are just pressure things that touch the rear-touch pad portions of the Vita; they aren't 'real' buttons.

Still, it reportedly works well, so if you own a Vita 2000, they aren't a bad deal in the slightest :).
Yeah I know about the buttons and I do have the 2000 model.. just not sure where to buy the thing.

Go into Power Save Settings in Settings on the Vita and untick "Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode".
Thanks, I was pretty sure I had that unchecked but went and looked at it anyways.. apparently not

autoduelist

Glad to hear Operation Abyss is a solid game :D. Even if the story in a RPG may not be the strongest, if the gameplay/dungeon design is strong enough, it can make up for that in spades :).

I don't really care about the story anyway. I can count the number of jrpg/jdrpg stories I've liked on one hand.

But op abyss writing is particularly vapid... but for some reason it gets a pass while other games with far better writing get trashed for their plot/writing. OA has at least 3 recurring npcs that make me want to hit things.

autoduelist

Does anyone know --

If you backup a game to your PC via Content manager, does it backup DLC and/or saves as well?

For example, I've downloaded 50 bajillion pieces of dlc for some games like SOA or RO:Ace. If I push them to pc and delete them for space, will i need to re-download all the dlc after I eventually put it back on my vita?

Related question -- is there anyway to see what dlc you have installed?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know --

If you backup a game to your PC via Content manager, does it backup DLC and/or saves as well?

For example, I've downloaded 50 bajillion pieces of dlc for some games like SOA or RO:Ace. If I push them to pc and delete them for space, will i need to re-download all the dlc after I eventually put it back on my vita?

Related question -- is there anyway to see what dlc you have installed?
Yes, when you copy a game to your computer, the saves and all DLC will also be copied. No need to redownload anything if you copy the same "copy" of the game back.
And you can check what DLC you have installed by opening the Content Manager, then PS Vita, then select the "i" icon next to the game you want to check out.

autoduelist

Yes, when you copy a game to your computer, the saves and all DLC will also be copied. No need to redownload anything if you copy the same "copy" of the game back.
And you can check what DLC you have installed by opening the Content Manager, then PS Vita, then select the "i" icon next to the game you want to check out.

Awesome. Great!

Though I just looked at the dlc for SAO... it's listed, but holy hell is it a fairly unusable list. Still, it's good enough to see it's installed.

Thank you.

N° 2048

Just finished Danganronpa!

Spoiler warning:
Loved the sister's twist and I fucking loved Junko changing tones and all that. So good.

First Vita game I've beaten. I really want to play another game like it. Debating between Persona 4 Golden or Danganronpa 2.

Any other games like Danganronpa? Maybe Steins:Gate?

Spoiler warning:
Loved the sister's twist and I fucking loved Junko changing tones and all that. So good.

First Vita game I've beaten. I really want to play another game like it. Debating between Persona 4 Golden or Danganronpa 2.

Steins;Gate is even more of a novel than a game, but if you think you can handle that, I can absolutely recommend it.

Saphirax

Spoiler warning:

There's Virtue's Last Reward, but you should play 999 before it (which is a DS/iOS game). SG is good, but it's a pure visual novel. Whatever choice you make, you can't go wrong :D, they're all amazing games.

GuessWho

i got a 15$ credit which expires auggust 4th. Don't know what to get.Thinking of getting miami hotline 2 or helldivers. Which is better? I have no one to play helldivers with, can it still be enjoyed online?

Tizoc

i got a 15$ credit which expires auggust 4th. Don't know what to get.Thinking of getting miami hotline 2 or helldivers. Which is better? I have no one to play helldivers with, can it still be enjoyed online?

The credit does not expire.
The code given to you expires.
Just redeem it now.

N° 2048

Steins;Gate is even more of a novel than a game, but if you think you can handle that, I can absolutely recommend it.

There's Virtue's Last Reward, but you should play 999 before it (which is a DS/iOS game). SG is good, but it's a pure visual novel. Whatever choice you make, you can't go wrong :D, they're all amazing games.

Anything along the lines of Danganronpa humor/style? Besides D2 and the new one coming out Sept 1
Love especially
Toko/Jill - Junko/Sister twist and the whole overall art style

Prelude.

I didn't know Banned Bannedeers 2 had a demo planned for the west (it's coming out this week). I hope Europe will get it as well, I want to try it.

autoduelist

Ok, another relatively obscure vita maintenance question. Background: I'm currently trying to backup my entire collection (over 100g) to my PC, meaning I'm dl'ing to vita, and immediately copying to PC, deleting, repeat with next set of games.

Questions:

1) Most/all games are 'waiting to install' after I download them. Do I really need to go through and boot every game before I back it up to my pc to 'install' it.

2) I'm trying to grab DLC too. I realized i forgot to do this for a couple games... I guess I need to copy them back to my vita, dl the dlc, install the game, and then copy back. ugh?

This is way, way more of a hassle than I had anticipated. And let's not even try to get into finding/dl'ing all the dlc for some of these games I'd never done it for before. Or trying to find pre-order dlc in my download list...

Ok, another relatively obscure vita maintenance question. Background: I'm currently trying to backup my entire collection (over 100g) to my PC, meaning I'm dl'ing to vita, and immediately copying to PC, deleting, repeat with next set of games.

Questions:

1) Most/all games are 'waiting to install' after I download them. Do I really need to go through and boot every game before I back it up to my pc to 'install' it.

2) I'm trying to grab DLC too. I realized i forgot to do this for a couple games... I guess I need to copy them back to my vita, dl the dlc, install the game, and then copy back. ugh?

This is way, way more of a hassle than I had anticipated. And let's not even try to get into finding/dl'ing all the dlc for some of these games I'd never done it for before. Or trying to find pre-order dlc in my download list...
To install an update without booting the game, you can click on the update icon in the LiveArea. I think you have to start the game to install DLC, though.

To install an update without booting the game, you can click on the update icon in the LiveArea. I think you have to start the game to install DLC, though.

I actually do both updates and DLCs at the same time. I download all the DLCs first then do the update. Doing this makes, any dlc / update is installed when i click on the update icon on the livearea.

autoduelist

I normally click from the top right notification bubble... I thought that always booted it? I know it does if there is dlc.

EDIT - NICE. I have to go into each bubble, but this works for games that don't have dlc nicely (you're right, there is no boot). Need to test for games with dlc.

I actually do both updates and DLCs at the same time. I download all the DLCs first then do the update. Doing this makes, any dlc / update is installed when i click on the update icon on the livearea.

Same here. Although I actually have games that have so much [free bullshit] dlc you need to do it in multiple passes because you hit the limit of uninstalled items. EDIT -- misread this at first; sounds like maybe you're saying it'll do DLC with no boot too.

Anyway, it sounds like I still need to install everything before I can copy it? That wasn't the answer I was hoping for. But at least I don't need to boot some/all of it.

Same here. Although I actually have games that have so much [free bullshit] dlc you need to do it in multiple passes because you hit the limit of uninstalled items. EDIT -- misread this at first; sounds like maybe you're saying it'll do DLC with no boot too.

I hate seeing 0% game trophies so I usually just install all DLCs along with the update. Doing so saves me time when I want to play it, as the dlcs have been installed already and I just wait for the game to load. Also I wont pollute the trophy list with 0s. You need to install everything before transferring them to the PC though, so it can save the dlcs with the game on your pc.

VLiberty

87th rounds through the Qwarktastic Batlle, the system freezes
RageFace.png

Why am I not allowed to play this fucking game

I was even doing it with the very first armor.

Vylash

Spoiler warning:

go play DR 2 right now, don't even think about anything else

pariah164

Spoiler warning:

You go play DR 2 right now. Seriously.

RK128

87th rounds through the Qwarktastic Batlle, the system freezes
RageFace.png

Why am I not allowed to play this fucking game

I was even doing it with the very first armor.

I think you are talking about Ratchet 3's version of that.....and it is annoying :(.

I remember doing that during fight after I got the best armor and guns, so I guess that's why the game didn't crash on me.

That must feel horrible; making such progress during that fight and it all being taken away from the game crashing X(.

The only parts of Ratchet 3 where I got it crashing was the second-to-last final level during its middle section and when I explored the sewers for those crystals. A big hint at crashing is if the game starts to slow down, as if you let the game 'cool off' by not using so many weapons (and in turn, the weapon effects) for a bit, you might prevent crashing.

The Cluster Bomb (the one that explodes into little bombs) and RYNO are the weapons in Ratchet 3 that slow the game down, so be careful when using them.

Saphirax

New Atelier Sophie details:

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/atelier-sophie-details-battle-system-new-characters-corneria-harol-horst
Seems like we'll finally have 4 playable characters instead of 3.
All characters can use items now. The type of item you can use depends on the characters you have with you. At least it's better than only the alchemists being able to use items.

There's also a fatigue system and monsters/gathering depends on the time of day/weather conditions. Hope we get a localization announcement soon.~

RK128

New Atelier Sophie details:

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/atelier-sophie-details-battle-system-new-characters-corneria-harol-horst
Seems like we'll finally have 4 playable characters instead of 3.
All characters can use items now. The type of item you can use depends on the characters you have with you. At least it's better than only the alchemists being able to use items.

There's also a fatigue system and monsters/gathering depends on the time of day/weather conditions. Hope we get a localization announcement soon.~

I got a question; is the Atelier games similar to Ar No Surge regarding gameplay and story quality? I'm looking forward to picking up Ar No Surge in the future (want to clear my backlog first before getting more games) and if the Atelier games hit that level of quality, then I might be interested in picking a few of them up :D.

Back on topic though, I bet we will be getting localization news on Atelier Sophie soon; they want to get more gameplay details out in the open first then once they feel ready, they will announce its western release for next year I guess (assuming it comes out in JP this fall on Vita).

Saphirax

I got a question; is the Atelier games similar to Ar No Surge regarding gameplay and story quality? I'm looking forward to picking up Ar No Surge in the future (want to clear my backlog first before getting more games) and if the Atelier games hit that level of quality, then I might be interested in picking a few of them up :D.

Back on topic though, I bet we will be getting localization news on Atelier Sophie soon; they want to get more gameplay details out in the open first then once they feel ready, they will announce its western release for next year I guess (assuming it comes out in JP this fall on Vita).

I haven't finished Ar nosurge yet, so I can't comment on the story quality, but the Atelier series is more slice of life than anything. The combat is usually traditional - turn based with a huge emphasis on synthesizing items and better equipment. Most Atelier games have time management, so you can mess up your game and get a bad ending. Personally, I prefer the Arland trilogy over the Dusk one. The Dusk trilogy is more lenient with the time and character flags, but the Arland trilogy has better characters. I recommend you get Atelier Totori plus first and see if you like it.

VLiberty

I think you are talking about Ratchet 3's version of that.....and it is annoying :(.

I remember doing that during fight after I got the best armor and guns, so I guess that's why the game didn't crash on me.

That must feel horrible; making such progress during that fight and it all being taken away from the game crashing X(.

The only parts of Ratchet 3 where I got it crashing was the second-to-last final level during its middle section and when I explored the sewers for those crystals. A big hint at crashing is if the game starts to slow down, as if you let the game 'cool off' by not using so many weapons (and in turn, the weapon effects) for a bit, you might prevent crashing.

The Cluster Bomb (the one that explodes into little bombs) and RYNO are the weapons in Ratchet 3 that slow the game down, so be careful when using them.
Yeah Koros is incredibly bad, it's the only level in which the game crashed( and it happened 4 or 5 times), other than during the Qwarktastic Battle of course(I've heard about the sewers being bad from multiple sources as well, I'll remember to save often when I'll start clearing them)

By the way it wasn't even that hard, but being so close to the end made me rage a lot. I don't even know if I want to try that again

RK128

I haven't finished Ar nosurge yet, so I can't comment on the story quality, but the Atelier series is more slice of life than anything. The combat is usually traditional - turn based with a huge emphasis on synthesizing items and better equipment. Most Atelier games have time management, so you can mess up your game and get a bad ending. Personally, I prefer the Arland trilogy over the Dusk one. The Dusk trilogy is more lenient with the time and character flags, but the Arland trilogy has better characters. I recommend you get Atelier Totori plus first and see if you like it.

Will add that on the games to get list for the future :). Thanks for the advice Saphirax :D.

Yeah Koros is incredibly bad, it's the only level in which the game crashed( and it happened 4 or 5 times), other than during the Qwarktastic Battle of course(I've heard about the sewers being bad from multiple sources as well, I'll remember to save often when I'll start clearing them)

By the way it wasn't even that hard, but being so close to the end made me rage a lot. I don't even know if I want to try that again

The crashes were really annoying X(. But, the game is still a blast to play, so I just pushed through them.

I think you should give the Qwarktastic Battle another shot, as I didn't have the game crash on me during the two times I completed that. I guess the game got a memory overload during that portion when you did the fight for some reason. I recommend re-starting your Vita before tackling that again.

Saphirax

Will add that on the games to get list for the future :). Thanks for the advice Saphirax :D.

The crashes were really annoying X(. But, the game is still a blast to play, so I just pushed through them.

I think you should give the Qwarktastic Battle another shot, as I didn't have the game crash on me during the two times I completed that. I guess the game got a memory overload during that portion when you did the fight for some reason. I recommend re-starting your Vita before tackling that again.

Here's a gameplay video. It's in Japanese, but should give you a decent overview of how the game plays. I find the Atelier series to be really charming and relaxing.
Buy it ASAP so you can get sucked into buying all of them >:D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GyAhFenN6Y

RK128

Here's a gameplay video. It's in Japanese, but should give you a decent overview of how the game plays. I find the Atelier series to be really charming and relaxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GyAhFenN6Y

The gameplay looks nice; simple turn-based combat system that use item crafting elements you mentioned before.

There seems to be a lot of personality to the game too; the character animations look very charming for example :).

Will get that latter this year when my backlog dies down.

And I will NOT be suckered into buying all of them.....I will get one every few months instead (like I've been doing with the Neptuina series) XD.

Saphirax

The gameplay looks nice; simple turn-based combat system that use item crafting elements you mentioned before.

There seems to be a lot of personality to the game too; the character animations look very charming for example :).

Will get that latter this year when my backlog dies down.

And I will NOT be suckered into buying all of them.....I will get one every few months instead (like I've been doing with the Neptuina series) XD.

3544137-5980146508-tumbl.gif

Excellent >:D!

RK128

3544137-5980146508-tumbl.gif

Excellent >:D!

Ah, and you also reminded of getting the Dragnrompa (sorry for misspelling the name :() series this fall XD!

You guys have praised them a lot and I want to get Another Episode due to its Resident Evil 4-esc gameplay....so I will start from the first one this fall and see if I like it enough to get its sequel and Another Episode :).

Shizuka

I'll believe Sekai Project will honor their word about the Vita ports when I see them on the PSN Store, available for sale. Before then, it's all nice promises.

Saphirax

I'll believe Sekai Project will honor their word about the Vita ports when I see them on the PSN Store, available for sale. Before then, it's all nice promises.

With the way they've been going about it, they'll probably wait a year and say it got cancelled.

RK128

What is this Sekai Project? Are they localizing JP-only PSP games to PSN or something?

Edit: Searched it up on Google and I found there site that lists all the games they are localizing. It seems that they only help bring over visual novels to PC platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux), so I guess they focus on putting stuff on Steam and the like instead of consoles.

Edit 2: Did they ever say that those games will land on PS Vita/PS3/PS4? Because their site doesn't mention anything about PlayStation platforms; all of their projects list Windows/Mac/Linux as platforms for the games.

Vylash

What is this Sekai Project? Are they localizing JP-only PSP games to PSN or something?

Edit: Searched it up on Google and I found there site that lists all the games they are localizing. It seems that they only help bring over visual novels to PC platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux), so I guess they focus on putting stuff on Steam and the like instead of consoles.

Edit 2: Did they ever say that those games will land on PS Vita/PS3/PS4? Because their site doesn't mention anything about PlayStation platforms; all of their projects list Windows/Mac/Linux as platforms for the games.
they had a kickstarter for Grisaia and there was a vita stretch goal that it met

SerTapTap

N++ soon.

Those Atelier games really own their art style, at least on characters. Cool stuff. Don't have time for more RPGs though.

That happened me a few times during ReBirth 1 X(; fought a very difficult battle and then died fighting normal foes....but I forgot to save in the world map before going to the next area like a fool X(.

That is the thing with RPGs; if you don't save frequently, it WILL bite you in the ass :'(.

Sorry you lost all that progress Names, but stick with the game; heard it really is a fantastic experience, so even if you have to replay a few portions of it again, it can't be that bad :).

I wish autosave were simply the standard, with separate manual saves. Too many RPGs are piss easy 90% of the time so it's extremely easy to not bother saving then suddenly boss and boom, major lost progress. Was so glad to see Disgaea impliment auto-save in D2, I friggin never save in those games unless going into the item world in a high level item or something.

Just tried PS4 remote play, seemed terrible at first.. Though that was because I didn't know you had to enable the high framerate option yourself, looks great now.
Though it just reminded me how badly I want a Vita with L2/R2 (´・_・`)

I remember there being a Vita case that added L2/R2 for remote play.. Was that any good?

The Vita case that adds L2/R2 will be useless for all future games since the default remote play controls were moved to the front of the console. I can't really recommend getting one.

Hikami

The Vita case that adds L2/R2 will be useless for all future games since the default remote play controls were moved to the front of the console. I can't really recommend getting one.
Ah really?
Well, I just figured out how to use my DS4 for remote play on the Vita so I'll just stick to that then. I just need to get one of those Nyko smart clips so I can mount my Vita on my DS4.

wilflare

Ah really?
Well, I just figured out how to use my DS4 for remote play on the Vita so I'll just stick to that then. I just need to get one of those Nyko smart clips so I can mount my Vita on my DS4.

I wish we could use our main profile to play though but oh well :/

zadig

Neo Member

The thing with Atelier with me is I always end up agonizing over which ingredients to use in synthesis so I don't end up enjoying the alchemy. I tend to use the worst items for quest synthesis out of stinginess (since you have to hand them in and all that), which is probably not the way to do things. Plus, I always get paralysed by indecision when games let you choose what to do. :( I'm also not a fan of time limits in games, though it seems the later Atelier ones are very generous?

I love the art style of Atelier games though, and have three of them on the PS3 (I tried to trade in two of them when I thought I wouldn't play them any more, but the store would only give $2, the uncultured heathens!). I want to get the Plus versions for Vita though.

Top Bottom