• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

They didn't.

And now I feel stupid for deleting five+ games to get enough space for the game + patch X(.

I guess.....the update is for new content that will be in the PS4 version? It would make sense, considering how their is cross-saving between the two versions :l.

Oh, lame. Was almost impressed with bamco for a moment

I would have been happy with Bamco is they did that patch....but, things happen I guess :l.

Edit: Ended up using the free space to download the Ratchet Collection again :). A great excuse to play Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal between all the JRPG's I have on my Vita XD!

maouvin

SAO:HF save uploaded to cross-save thingie. Now to delete the Vita version and resume whenever the PS4 version goes on sale!

So after trying out Tembo the badass elephant(demo) i chose to buy it, but now the game won't save and i can't unlock any trophies. I tried deleting the file and redownloading it, but nothing is working. Does anyone know how i can solve this?

SerTapTap

Bought DR2 guys, I was wondering if it's okay to play it on gentle instead of kind ?

It is, doesn't really matter. I suggest the higher logic difficulty (though there's one puzzle that IMO was bullshit
gravel? Really?
) but you'll enjoy the game well enough in pure babymode. But all the minigames are pretty easy or at least tolerable aside from "improved" Hangman's Gambit

RK128

You guys remember the reports of Tri-Ace and Spike Chunsoft working together on a project? Well, it got announced today and the game is called Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky and its landing on both PS Vita and PS4.

No localization news yet, but here is the information listed in the thread of the game:
-Its a Sideview RPG
-Mino Taro art design
-Sakurba score
-Norimoto scenario
-Gotanda programming
-Yuichiro Saito producer

This is great news :D; another interesting JRPG landing on PlayStation platforms and yet another interesting Vita game coming next year :).

RK128

store's down

just tried to buy bastion and nope

I'm checking the NA PSN Store now and it states it cannot load :l.

I guess its under maintenance or something now. Sorry you couldn't get Bastion now robotrock :(. But the store should be working by tomorrow morning, so that should be good :).

You guys remember the reports of Tri-Ace and Spike Chunsoft working together on a project? Well, it got announced today and the game is called Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky and its landing on both PS Vita and PS4.

No localization news yet, but here is the information listed in the thread of the game:
-Its a Sideview RPG
-Mino Taro art design
-Sakurba score
-Norimoto scenario
-Gotanda programming
-Yuichiro Saito producer

This is great news :D; another interesting JRPG landing on PlayStation platforms and yet another interesting Vita game coming next year :).

Heh saw this on Gematsu and thought to myself "Looks great. Will we ever even see it in english though?". As time passes I get less and less enthusiastic about Japanese announcements because at the end of the day it only means that we MIGHT get it one day.

RK128

Heh saw this on Gematsu and thought to myself "Looks great. Will we ever even see it in english though?". As time passes I get less and less enthusiastic about Japanese announcements because at the end of the day it only means that we MIGHT get it one day.

That is my mindset too regarding JP announcements; assume that a localization is in the works (and considering this is being made by Spike Chunsoft, I expect it to be their 'big' game alongside DR3 in the future) and if it doesn't happen, then I get upset.

Because these companies must think about world-wide releases during development as that would ensure them making the most money they can make.

And with this having a PS4 version, I would feel safe assuming that Spike Chunsoft has plans in bringing the game over.

RK128

The game be would be localized even without PS4 version.

That is a good point; they really want to support the Vita and their main series still being Vita exclusive speaks a lot in how much they respect the platform :).

Only mention the PS4 version due to that being used with other companies like Bamco (Digimon CS, One Piece Warriors 3, ect) in ensuring sales in the west on consoles.

robotrock

Banned
Wow. I added $5 to my PSN account once the store went back up, tried to buy Bastion, and apparently I already owned it. What's happening to me...
I'm checking the NA PSN Store now and it states it cannot load :l.

I guess its under maintenance or something now. Sorry you couldn't get Bastion now robotrock :(. But the store should be working by tomorrow morning, so that should be good :).

I'm disappointed in myself.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
That is a good point; they really want to support the Vita and their main series still being Vita exclusive speaks a lot in how much they respect the platform :).

Only mention the PS4 version due to that being used with other companies like Bamco (Digimon CS, One Piece Warriors 3, ect) in ensuring sales in the west on consoles.
Really? Being exclusive means they respect? If they really did, this would be exclusive also. They are just putting it out where will sell and porting to where it might sell (it will be a failure).

Bamco strategy is different. They know digimon wouldn't sell in Japan, that's why it hasn't been announced there. And Vita only in west for Digimon would have sold well even without PS4 version. It wouldn't even have existed without that petition.
If SC wanted west sales that badly (that'll surely work!), they would be porting games just for west also.
And OPW3 of PS4 would have existed regardless of west.

RK128

Really? Being exclusive means they respect? If they really did, this would be exclusive also. They are just putting it out where will sell and porting to where it might sell (it will be a failure).

Bamco strategy is different. They know digimon wouldn't sell in Japan, that's why it hasn't been announced there. And Vita only in west for Digimon would have sold well even without PS4 version. It wouldn't even have existed without that petition.
If SC wanted west sales that badly (that'll surely work!), they would be porting games just for west also.
And OPW3 of PS4 would have existed regardless of west.

You make a good point regarding your first sentence; they want the game to be a success, so they are putting it on the two platforms they know it will sell on.

Digimon would have likely sold as well as SAO:HF did; that was digital only with a shoddy translation on top of it and it still sold like hot cakes. Digimon would have likely fit that mold too (but with a much better translation hopefully), so again, you are right about the likely selling a lot if it was still a Vita exclusive in the west. It being on PS4 just ensures it getting some home console treatment and hopefully even more success with the Vita and PS4 sales combined :).

OPW3 would still come to west regardless of a Vita version being localized (that series has been coming to the PS3 for a while at this point).

From Takaki's twitter

CK-9ep-VEAArd_c.jpg:orig

CK-9eipUwAAE7Hg.jpg:orig

Can't believe it's actually coming out :D

yaffi

But all the minigames are pretty easy or at least tolerable aside from "improved" Hangman's Gambit

"Improved" indeed. I just finished DR2 a few days ago and honestly, the game imo jumped the shark in chapter 6.

My thoughts when stuff happened was: "Yeah, that was totally gonna happen."

Also I didn't notice one of the characters was voiced by Yuu Kobayashi and now I feel ashamed.

With the rate of surprise localizations over the past 2 years, I've begun to expect things like this will get localized and always work on the assumption that an announcement is only a matter of time.

Ukiyo no Roushi is currently toying with that philosophy, but still.

Will people say the 3DS got "just a port of the game" instead of calling it a multiplat release?
Because that's how I learned it works around here.

I guess that will depend on how the versions turn out.
PS4 might as well get a cheap up-port of the 3DS game :p

But it's apparently made in UE4 so I'm not sure how the 3DS ver. will work at all

Tizoc

I guess that will depend on how the versions turn out.
PS4 might as well get a cheap up-port of the 3DS game :p

But it's apparently made in UE4 so I'm not sure how the 3DS ver. will work at all

3DS ver. is being made by the Kid Icarus devs.

7c96dd9950.png

Poor Vita

More like Poor PS4, 3DS has a bigger base than PS4 atm right? Come the game's release the 3DS ver. will hit like 1 mil Week 1, and PS4'll reach like 100K week 1 :kappa

But yeah if they made it for Vita it might get a sales boost *shrugs*

zadig

Neo Member
3DS ver. is being made by the Kid Icarus devs.

More like Poor PS4, 3DS has a bigger base than PS4 atm right? Come the game's release the 3DS ver. will hit like 1 mil Week 1, and PS4'll reach like 100K week 1 :kappa

But yeah if they made it for Vita it might get a sales boost *shrugs*

I guess they couldn't ignore all the 3DSes in Japan, after all. I'm just glad it's also coming to the PS4 (as Horii hinted) and isn't 3DS only. I still play my 3DS, but 240p (and that pixel density) in 2015 is pitiful. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So is it the PS4 version or the 3DS version that "doesn't count"?

Neither, both are separate takes on the same story.

If you want to be console warish about it though, which version has NPCs and enemies to fight right now? That's right, 3DS lead platform!

Just kidding!

This result was great for all. Even Vita owners can just stream it, DQ only uses two buttons anyways so no worries about shitty controls.

Well, great for people who aren't stuck on PS3 or XBONE.

Hikami

That DQ stream certainly got me interested in the series. Will have to try and see if I can play DQ8 sometime. Then if I like it, I'll probably get Builders and XI.

Saphirax

Since Exist Archive is coming to Vita as well, here are some more details:

Some info from magazine

-Setting is Tokyo and planet called Plotraksa(?)
-12 young protagonists gets Shinigami (Evil God)'s soul in them so they become immortal, and they end up getting involved with battle of Gods
-Dungeon traveling is 3D Sideview with SD characters
-you can perform actions like jump and dash to progress dungeons
-enemies are symbol encounter so you can attack them first
-battle involves 4 characters in system called active chain battle
-Each members are bound to the 4 face buttons (○/×/□/△) and when you press each button corresponding characters attack
-you have to think of the order of the attack to keep the combo going, and higher combos will result battle chance of rare items
-In the battle there is 'front row' and 'back row' and you can switch them during battle. Front row has higher damage output but is easier for enemies to attack. Back row has lower damage but it's harder for enemies to attack you.
-main characters have power of shinigami, so you can unlock those powers to do special attacks

-story is not your typical "good guys beat evil guys"
-you have important choices to choose which member you send back to Earth. The order in which you send characters back to Earth will have influence on the road to the ending.
-time it takes to beat the game is around 40~50 hours
-There is extra dungeon after you beat the game
-there are lots of post-game contents
-online elements include time attack on boss battles

It really does sound like a VP1 spiritual successor. Can't wait till we get more images/gameplay videos.

Ventara

From Takaki's twitter

Can't believe it's actually coming out :D

Oh, man, I need to pick this up. XSEED said that they most likely will not be localizing this, right? Also, I heard something about See The Lights not being one of the songs in the game? What's the deal with that, and does anyone have a tracklist of the songs in the game I can listen to?

Top Bottom