• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Neither, both are separate takes on the same story.

If you want to be console warish about it though, which version has NPCs and enemies to fight right now? That's right, 3DS lead platform!

Just kidding!

This result was great for all. Even Vita owners can just stream it, DQ only uses two buttons anyways so no worries about shitty controls.

Well, great for people who aren't stuck on PS3 or XBONE.

I can't wait to remote play this. Wonder if the 3ds version is coming west too. Might get that version too.

Oh, man, I need to pick this up. XSEED said that they most likely will not be localizing this, right? Also, I heard something about See The Lights not being one of the songs in the game? What's the deal with that, and does anyone have a tracklist of the songs in the game I can listen to?

Yeah Tom from XSEED was pretty clear that the chances are very slim. I don't know any songs of the game and I'm buying it completely blind, but I don't think Vita + Vocaloid + rhythm game + Kenichiro Takaki is a combination that can turn out bad! It's also not very expensive compared to other imports.

EDIT:

RIP PBBGO in EU. I wonder what happened

tOOxd2S.png

Ventara

Yeah Tom from XSEED was pretty clear that the chances are very slim. I don't know any songs of the game and I'm buying it completely blind, but I don't think Vita + Vocaloid + rhythm game + Kenichiro Takaki is a combination that can turn out bad! It's also not very expensive compared to other imports.

I suppose, though I'd still like to see if I can find a tracklist, just to be sure. It's odd that one of the songs promoting the game is not in it (or is it? I don't know). Also, weak CDN $ means I'm still paying out the ass, lol.

I suppose, though I'd still like to see if I can find a tracklist, just to be sure. It's odd that one of the songs promoting the game is not in it (or is it? I don't know). Also, weak CDN $ means I'm still paying out the ass, lol.

Play Asia has this list
hope it helps

“Children Record” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Nihonbashi Koukaka R Keikaku” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Lost Time Memory” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Enmei Chiryou” by Neru
“Headphone Actor” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“America (America! We are All Right!)” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Cloud Rider” by Hayato Tanaka
“Chiri Juso” by Kikuo
“Liar” by Nekobolo
“Lonely Child” by Otetsu
“Hajimari no Niwa” by Shirakami Mashiro
“Nokoru Natsu ni Hanataba wo” by Nodoka
“Lorelei” by 10th P (Monaca:Factory)
“Ginga Tetsudou 365″ by Ichiokuen-P (Dezzy)
“Falling Apart” by Taishi
“Kimi no Koto ga Suki de Gomennasai” by Utata P and Tory Hitsuji
“Shounen wa Kyoushitsu ga Kiraidatta Noda” by Ishifuro
“Love Sagiittarius” by Mutsuki Levin
“Overslept” by Neru
“Migawari Kibonnu” by Mabe Shuichi
“Kakshi” by Mochizuki Urara
“Pageant” by Mito
“Baibai Superstar” by Ishifuro
“Tsubasa New Days” by A-Bee
“Crystal Prism” by Anante-Garde Eyes
“Party Party” by Komorita Minoru
“Re;Birth” by Sele
“Geragera to Warauna” by Ishifuro
“Bokura ni Kigeki wo Misetekure” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P) and Ishifuro
"Kisaragi Attention" by Jin (Shizen No Teki-P)
"Ayano no Koufuku Riron" by Jin (Shizen No Teki-P)
"Kuusou Forest" by Jin (Shizen No Teki-P)
"Kagerou≒Variation" by Yairi
"22 Seiki kara no Hello" by Rider
"Zekkyo Paranoia" by Total Objection

Thanks! I'm sure I can find them on youtube with the names. Will decide tonight when I get home. Amiami is the best place to preorder, right?

I used Nippon Yasan, but AmiAmi is generally recommended by more people I think. Should be around 60 CAD depending on shipping

I am confused, when is the Fog coming? How long do I have to rescue the person in the dungeon?

Thanks in advance!

After a couple of days of raining, fog will come. The game also mentions a fog is coming, so you won't be caught off guard if you are not paying attention.

Yasumi

Banned
Apparently Amiami has started charging people for IA/VT, so shipping should happen soon. Come on Nippon-Yasan, I'd love to get it before the weekend.

LTTP on Shovel Knight on Vita. Really amazing game. Should have not waited this long. Thought it would be harder than it actually is which is great.

Rocket League is amazing. Wrote an embarrassing gushing review:

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/27/rocket-league-ps4-review/

2015 GOTY Working List:

1. Rocket League
2. Shovel Knight
3. Helldivers
4. Geometry Wars 3 Vita
5. Whoa Dave!
6. Ziggurat
7. Rory McIlroy Golf
8. Olli Olli 2

Waiting on a Axiom Verge Vita version. Surprising no AAA games yet. AAA games are sparse these days and not very exciting. Hopefully Star Wars Battlefront gets inserted.

Whoops. Too much Rocket League. :) There was a Rocket Knight on PS3 that I wasn't impressed with in the demo. Fixed.

Yeah I was thinking that Rocket Knight would be a really weird LTTP game to include in your GOTYs but why not! haha. I only realized it because you said you played it on Vita

RK128

7c96dd9950.png

Poor Vita

I'm really interested in how the game is going to work with those platform choices. If it was PS4 and Vita, I would have thought "Oh, both versions will heavily mirror each other then", but with 3DS, now that version will be completely different due to it not being nearly as strong the PS4.

My bet is that the this will be a Nio Kuni situation, with both versions having the same 'core' (story, ect) but both games playing very differently.

Still, its great to see the game finally be announced officially alongside it coming to platforms many people wanted :).

I am confused, when is the Fog coming? How long do I have to rescue the person in the dungeon?

Thanks in advance!

You will be getting warnings from your friends and normally you have a full week to save the person trapped in the TV world before the game re-sets a week back if you don't save them.

I'm really interested in how the game is going to work with those platform choices. If it was PS4 and Vita, I would have thought "Oh, both versions will heavily mirror each other then", but with 3DS, now that version will be completely different due to it not being nearly as strong the PS4.

My bet is that the this will be a Nio Kuni situation, with both versions having the same 'core' (story, ect) but both games playing very differently.

Yeah they already showed both versions. They're completely different and from different developers

RK128

Yeah they already showed both versions. They're completely different and from different developers

Wow, didn't not expect them to be showing off gameplay so early (assuming this is a good three years away from now). Gotta check out the footage to see how the game plays like now. Thanks for the heads up YianGaruga :D.

RK128

Saw the 3DS footage and man does it look great; love the dual 3D and 8-Bit look with the screens and the animation in the 3DS version looks great to boot.

Only saw screen-shots of the PS4 version but it looks really nice as well :).

I guess the battle system must mirror each other on the consoles (but with the PS4 version not having the 8-Bit look on the bottom screen).

Really surprised to learn that the game is coming next year! That is really soon, so its great for JP gamers interested in the series :).

Hope this game gets localized over here on PS4 (which might be likely, considering DQ: Heroes is coming to PS4 this fall and hopefully DQ: Builder and the 3DS games come over too at some point)....

I'm getting both, I love classic random battles and the use of the bottom screen is freaking amazing.

Also, I'm surprised by how amazing the game looks for a 3DS game.

RK128

Saw the PS4 footage and wow it looks nice :D. It mirrors the look DQ: Heroes had, so seeing it expanded with UE4 and it being used for a traditional RPG is really cool :).

I'm getting both, I love classic random battles and the use of the bottom screen is freaking amazing.

Also, I'm surprised by how amazing the game looks for a 3DS game.

The 3DS version the big shocker for me too; it looks a LOT better then I was expecting and the use of the bottom screen is in-genius. Effectively, you are running two unique games at once by having the top screen be 3D while the bottom screen being 8-Bit.

Like I said before, hope both versions come over :D.

Saw the PS4 footage and wow it looks nice :D. It mirrors the look DQ: Heroes had, so seeing it expanded with UE4 and it being used for a traditional RPG is really cool :).

The 3DS version the big shocker for me too; it looks a LOT better then I was expecting and the use of the bottom screen is in-genius. Effectively, you are running two unique games at once by having the top screen be 3D while the bottom screen being 8-Bit.

Like I said before, hope both versions come over :D.

I'm buying the PS4 version used if they dare skip the 3DS one.

RK128

I'm buying the PS4 version used if they dare skip the 3DS one.

I wouldn't worry about the 3DS version; Nintendo will heavily push that versions localization or the NX versions localization first while Sony will be very aggressive in getting DQXI over here.

But I don't have high hopes about this being localized right now :l. I guess we have to wait and see how DQ: Heroes does before being excited about this, Builders, Heroes 2 and Rocket Slime 3 :l.

SerTapTap

SE would have to be crazy stupid to localize all the games they are, make all the DQ games they are, look at how big localization is lately especially on PS4, then decide not to localize DQ11.

I mean SE can be pretty goddamn stupid. I'm just not sure they're THAT stupid, not lately anyway. They've been surprisingly reasonable this gen.

RK128

SE would have to be crazy stupid to localize all the games they are, make all the DQ games they are, look at how big localization is lately especially on PS4, then decide not to localize DQ11.

I mean SE can be pretty goddamn stupid. I'm just not sure they're THAT stupid, not lately anyway. They've been surprisingly reasonable this gen.

I agree TapTap; they got a lot smarter this generation, so I hope they at least bring over Heroes 2, Builders and DQXI PS4 and 3DS.

I guess we can expect the following to happen:
-Heroes 2 announced for the west for PS4 and Vita early next year and slated for fall 2016
-Builders localization announced at the PSX for the PS4 and Vita and that coming summer 2016
-DQXI localization being a huge announcement next E3, with it being at both Sony's (PS4) and Nintendo's (3DS, NX) shows with it being slated for spring 2017 in the west for both versions
-Rocket Slime 3, DQ 7 and 8 likely coming over as well, but depending on the success of Heroes, Builders and XI. My bet is that DQ8 3DS will be localized first and if that is a hit, then 7 and Rocket Slime 3 will come too.

SerTapTap

I'd be kinda surprised if the whole 3DS library came over. That is a LOT of titles to port in what's probably 2-3 years at most of life left in the 3DS. They just have so much catching up to do it's nuts. I kinda feel like they're starting anew with the (apparent) Playstation partnership, and it seems likely the 3DS version of 11 will come over if they do the PS4 version, I imagine the scripts are probably the most similar aspects of the two games after all.

Squeenix published Life Is Strange? Huh. Waiting for the final episode to pick that up--physical I hope, any word on that?

RK128

I'd be kinda surprised if the whole 3DS library came over. That is a LOT of titles to port in what's probably 2-3 years at most of life left in the 3DS. They just have so much catching up to do it's nuts. I kinda feel like they're starting anew with the (apparent) Playstation partnership, and it seems likely the 3DS version of 11 will come over if they do the PS4 version, I imagine the scripts are probably the most similar aspects of the two games after all.

Squeenix published Life Is Strange? Huh. Waiting for the final episode to pick that up--physical I hope, any word on that?

That is a good point; the 3DS will likely be replaced with a new platform within the next two-three years, so Square launching 7 and 8 for the west seems odd. We will see next year if Nintendo decides to localized the series to the west. If they do, then both 7 and 8 will come over :).

With the PlayStation deal, they have a lot of stuff coming (Heroes, Builders, XI, Heroes 2), so I hope they consider bring all of that over to the west (and they are starting with Heroes at least :)).

If SE wants Dragon Quest games to be popular in the west they have to start releasing the games oversees and make people aware of the brand, releasing one game every 5 years just won't work very well, even if on PS4 I expect it to do really well because of the lack of JPRGs.

RK128

If SE wants Dragon Quest games to be popular in the west they have to start releasing the games oversees and make people aware of the brand, releasing one game every 5 years just won't work very well even if on PS4 I expect it to do really well because of the lack of JPRGs.

They are starting with Heroes (which seems to be a sudo-sequel to Hyrule Warriors based on its gameplay), so that is a good step in bring the series back to the west I think :).

My bet is that this will be the release line up for western markets for the DQ series from now until 2017 :).
-Heroes 1: Fall 2016
-Builders: Spring/Summer 2016
-Heroes 2 (PS4 and Vita): Summer 2017
-DQXI PS4: Fall 2017
-DQXI 3DS: Winter 2017
-DQXI NX: Winter 2017

Shizuka

They are starting with Heroes (which seems to be a sudo-sequel to Hyrule Warriors based on its gameplay), so that is a good step in bring the series back to the west I think :).

My bet is that this will be the release line up for western markets for the DQ series from now until 2017 :).
-Heroes 1: Fall 2016
-Builders: Spring/Summer 2016
-DQ7 3D: Summer 2016
-DQ8 3D: Early 2017
-Rocket Slime 3: Summer 2017
-Heroes 2: Early Fall (Aug.-Sept.) 2017
-DQXI PS4: Fall 2017
-DQXI 3DS: Winter 2017
-DQXI NX: Winter 2017

Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) and Rocket Slime 3 (3DS) aren't happening. You might as well add the three (two released, one upcoming) Dragon Quest Monster 3DS titles and Theathrythm DQ while you're at it.

Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) and Rocket Slime 3 (3DS) aren't happening. You might as well add the three (two released, one upcoming) Dragon Quest Monster 3DS titles and Theathrythm DQ while you're at it.

b-b-but Horii said they are happening :( (at least in French)

RK128

So every single 3DS game has no shot at coming over, huh :(. At least the PlayStation games will be coming over alongside (hopefully) the Theathrythm DQ and the latest Monster 3DS game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nope, DQ VIII is DEFINITELY happening. The rest I've got nothing to say about, though I still think VII could happen.

RK128

Never heard of this before, but I will keep an eye on it. Looks very interesting :D.

Edit: Top of the page :D!

Everyone get Tembo on PS4 and Ar No Surge Plus on Vita.

The former is a great throwback to classic SNES mascot platformers, with the game created by Game Freak. They made tons of great games like the Pokemon series, Pulseman, Drill Droser, and HarmoKnight.

The latter looks to be a fantastic JRPG that meshing sudo-action combat, visual novels and a very in-depth story in one great package wrapped together with great presentation and an fantastic soundtrack. Just read the summery to its prequel, Ciel No Surge here to understand the background to the Ar No Surge and also check out its soundtrack if you have the time :).

Takao

Banned

maybe post more than a link

I’m not sure if a game as sad, sharp, and real-life-serious as the critically-acclaimed Actual Sunlight has ever been released on a major console, but I have no doubt that the PS Vita is exactly where it belongs. With strong and memorable writing, a classic Japanese RPG style, and full-screen CG artwork, I’m hopeful that Actual Sunlight will feel right at home.

20070107761_94fcbb525f_o.jpg

I love PS Vita, and this was the platform that I wanted to bring it to more than anything.

Plus, with a tweaked interface that allows for greater clarity on interactions, as well as larger and much smoother text for an optimal reading experience on the go, this is the best version of Actual Sunlight yet!

Here are a few cool facts about the game:

• Fully set in Toronto, Canada, with environments modeled after real-life places. And references galore!
  • Was originally made in RPG Maker VX ACE, and now reconstructed in Unity 5!
  • Perhaps the first game to be for 18+ players — not because of sex or violence, but because of being about regular, unhappy adult life!

20056849762_76b9855600_n.jpg
19442091564_f1f8e49696_n.jpg

1KAjlzl.gif

If you’re a fan of the dramatic, narrative-driven adventures and visual novels that have become a hallmark of PS Vita, I hope you’ll take a moment to check out this deeply personal and emotionally impactful game about love, depression, and the corporation.

I hope you will think it is something special.

I dunno how much of an RPG it is. Might just be Corpse Party-esque where it's basically all-VN except with exploration.

I haven't heard about that game, Tizoc. When was that first announced.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Where the hell is SaGa 2015?

Top Bottom