• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

SerTapTap

If SE wants Dragon Quest games to be popular in the west they have to start releasing the games oversees and make people aware of the brand, releasing one game every 5 years just won't work very well, even if on PS4 I expect it to do really well because of the lack of JPRGs.

They're releasing like 5 dragon quest games on PS4/3/Vita within a couple years. Heros, Heros 2, DQ11, Builders, 10, assuming those are all as close as I think (I find it hard to believe any are >2 years out). It's part of why I don't think the full 3DS catalog will get localized, that's a lot of competing products. Selfishly, I hope DQ Theatrhythm makes it over because I love the Theatrhythm style.

Even if we "only" get the PS dragon quests...that is a hell of a comeback after years of silence in the west.

So the new sale this week is Summer sale. There might be other ones still.
Edit: Playstation Plus Special and another Creators Sale
Operation Abyss is on sale

Capture.png

Capture2.png

RK128

For anyone interested, SAO Hallow Fragment PS4 and the Lost Song Pre-Order is live on PSN.

SAO: Hallow Fragment PS4: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ment/cid=UP0700-CUSA02560_00-SWORDARTREHF000E
SAO: Lost Song Pre-Order: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...song/cid=UP0700-CUSA02823_00-SAOLOSTSONG00000

So the new sale this week is Summer sale. There might be other ones still.
Edit: Playstation Plus Special and another Creators Sale
Operation Abyss is on sale

Capture.png

Capture2.png

Those Plus deals are pretty solid :).
Rebirth 3: 31.99
Action Unleashed: 27.99
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy: 27.99
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: 27.99
Omega Quintet: 41.99

Good deals on a number of interesting JP games :D.

They're releasing like 5 dragon quest games on PS4/3/Vita within a couple years. Heros, Heros 2, DQ11, Builders, 10, assuming those are all as close as I think (I find it hard to believe any are >2 years out). It's part of why I don't think the full 3DS catalog will get localized, that's a lot of competing products. Selfishly, I hope DQ Theatrhythm makes it over because I love the Theatrhythm style.

Even if we "only" get the PS dragon quests...that is a hell of a comeback after years of silence in the west.

I agree TapTap; even if the west only gets the PlayStations titles, its a hell of a lot better then nothing :). And each game being very different from each other (Heroes 1 and 2 being action/RPGs, Builders being a Minecraft-inspired game, XI being a main-line JRPG, X (if that gets localized) is a MMO), leading to a series that will have very unique feeling games per release, thus keeping the series fresh for western gamers :).

Benedict

I'm really interested in The Golf Club now that the latest EA Golf seems to be a dud and a couple of podcasts mentioned that game as a good golf game. .
Hope it gets on a sale.

maouvin

PS+ sale puts nothing on impulse-buy territory. I'm safe.

---

I remember someone (cyborg009?) asked recently if any devs are making use of the recent system memory unlock the Vita got. Lab Zero is one:

We're still working on it.

But the main issue is that the system isn't great with shaders, so the way we composite our character sprites together is pretty taxing on the system.

Memory was an issue before, too. But that mostly became a non-issue when Sony ended Near and unlocked the system memory that was blocked off by those Vita social features.

(He's talking about the SG Vita port).

PS+ sale puts nothing on impulse-buy territory. I'm safe.

---

I remember someone (cyborg009?) asked recently if any devs are making use of the recent system memory unlock the Vita got. Lab Zero is one:

(He's talking about the SG Vita port).

Lucky you.

I am eying Operation Abyss.

Prices are up in the vita store.

Summer Sale
Guacamelee! ($4.50/$3.00 w/plus)
MH Freedom Unite ($6.00/$4.00)
Tetris Ultimate ($7.50/$6.00)
Breath of Fire IV ($3.00/$2.40)
Breach & Clear ($3.75/$2.25)
Dino Crisis ($3.00/$2.40)
Dino Crisis 2 ($3.00/$2.40)
Luftrausers ($4.00/$3.00)
OlliOlli ($3.90/$2.60)
Rainbow Moon ($4.50/$3.00)
RE3: Nemesis ($3.00/$2.40)
Color Guardians ($7.50/$6.00)
Don't Die, Mr. Robot! ($2.00/$1.50)
Flame Over ($5.00/$4.00)
Jungle Rumble ($2.50/$1.70)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe ($3.00/$2.00)
Nihilumbra ($5.00/$4.00)
Puddle PS Vita
Woah Dave! ($2.50/$2.00)
Boss! ($2.50/$2.00)

PS Plus Specials
Lego Jurassic World ($29.99/$23.99 w/plus)
Lego Ninjago: Shadow ($19.99/$15.99)
Invizimals: The Resistance ($19.99/$13.99)
NepReb3: V Generation ($39.99/$31.99)
Neptunia U: Action ($39.99/$27.99)
Operation Abyss ($39.99/$27.99)
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters ($39.99/$27.99)

Summer Sale
Guacamelee! ($4.50/$3.00 w/plus)
MH Freedom Unite ($6.00/$4.00)
Tetris Ultimate ($7.50/$6.00)
Breath of Fire IV ($3.00/$2.40)
Breach & Clear ($3.75/$2.25)
Dino Crisis ($3.00/$2.40)
Dino Crisis 2 ($3.00/$2.40)
Luftrausers ($4.00/$3.00)
OlliOlli ($3.90/$2.60)
Rainbow Moon ($4.50/$3.00)
RE3: Nemesis ($3.00/$2.40)
Color Guardians ($7.50/$6.00)
Don't Die, Mr. Robot! ($2.00/$1.50)
Flame Over ($5.00/$4.00)
Jungle Rumble ($2.50/$1.70)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe ($3.00/$2.00)
Nihilumbra ($5.00/$4.00)
Puddle PS Vita
Woah Dave! ($2.50/$2.00)
Boss! ($2.50/$2.00)

PS Plus Specials
Lego Jurassic World ($29.99/$23.99 w/plus)
Lego Ninjago: Shadow ($19.99/$15.99)
Invizimals: The Resistance ($19.99/$13.99)
NepReb3: V Generation ($39.99/$31.99)
Neptunium U: Action ($39.99/$27.99)
Operation Abyss ($39.99/$27.99)
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters ($39.99/$27.99)

So many PS1 Classics I have already picked up in other sales...

One question. I have the PS4's Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition from PS+ Free Games but I have never played it. Is it worth getting the $3 Vita version which I would be more likely to play during a trip? Or should I come to my senses and play the STC Edition on my PS4?

SerTapTap

What a completely random pair of sales. Also lol at Deadpool being $50 and not discounted in the summer sale.

Neptunia U is a pretty fun Senran Kagura-alike, beat up lots of dumb stuff. integrates the RPG roots of the series better than I was expecting, but the lack of good bosses kinda sucks.
If you're interested in *w* Quintet I have a fairly lengthy review, TLDR combat is great, rest is good, bad or okay

Did the PS web store always have a "PS TV compatible" section?

SerTapTap

Oh wow the PS TV compatible section of the web store is BAD. It's just Vita or classics, then you pick which half of the alphabet and it's just everything in alphabetical order

It's had that for a while, yeah. But just like the PS TV store, it's not really inclusive.

I dream of a day they bother to competently manage the PS TV, but like the Vita it's probably too late due to first impressions.

Games that haven't been on Sale 100 times before of PS+:

Breach and Clear - It is OK and probably better at that price.

Tetris Ultimate - Played the 3DS version and it is barebones and doesn't offer much more than the Gameboy version.

Color Guardians - OK. Still too expensive for this phone game.

Don't Die, Mr. Robot! - Pacifist mode in a twin stick shooter. Love this game. Get it at this price.

Jungle Rumble - This is a phone rhythm game. Fun and good at that price.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - This is a mediocre platformer. Clearly designed for the 3DS and it seems silly without the 3D.

Ok I hate doing this but:

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed for $27.99
OR
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters for $27.99

Genre wise, I think I might like both of these games, but which is worth it? I'm leaning toward Action Unleashed as I'm liking the Hyperdimension universe and I heard its a pretty nice spinoff. Too bad Rebirth 3 also wasnt this low...I think thats how I bought 2 and Devotion Noire.

Neptunia U, even if I didn't play the game yet. TTGH is nice, but it's not for everybody and for most people, not worth for that much money.

Thanks! I keep hearing mixed stuff for TTGH so I guess I will wait for a further price drop.

Action Unleashed is a great buy honestly :). It is a fun action/beat em' up, the visuals look very nice, the animation is full of personality and the combat system seems have some depth to it all (with 10 characters to chose from and unique combo tries for each of them).

ReBirth 3 is worth its Plus price as well, but it plays differently then Action Unleashed; its a JRPG that has a lot of content to dive into (TONS of playable characters for example).

Thanks for the feedback too =). As for Rebirth 3, they are making it difficult but I might hold off for a similar price. I still need to finish Noire, maybe jump to Action U and play through Rebirth 2...Although I could always change my mind before next Tuesday.

Shizuka

OR

Genre wise, I think I might like both of these games, but which is worth it? I'm leaning toward Action Unleashed as I'm liking the Hyperdimension universe and I heard its a pretty nice spinoff. Too bad Rebirth 3 also wasnt this low...I think thats how I bought 2 and Devotion Noire.

Neptunia U, even if I didn't play the game yet. TTGH is nice, but it's not for everybody and for most people, not worth for that much money.

RK128

OR

Action Unleashed is a great buy honestly :). It is a fun action/beat em' up, the visuals look very nice, the animation is full of personality and the combat system seems have some depth to it all (with 10 characters to chose from and unique combo tries for each of them).

ReBirth 3 is worth its Plus price as well, but it plays differently then Action Unleashed; its a JRPG that has a lot of content to dive into (TONS of playable characters for example).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aw man. I've been waiting on a sale on Action Unleashed, but I don't currently have PS+ and getting it would completely invalidate the point of the sale. Oh well. :(

I dunno how much of an RPG it is. Might just be Corpse Party-esque where it's basically all-VN except with exploration.

It's just an adventure game. A bit of exploration, interacting with various objects, talking with other characters. No RPG elements. Pretty good, too, but very depressing.

autoduelist

Yeah! More cheap games I'll buy and never play.

Does anyone know if DT2 demo has saves that carry over, or, better yet, bonuses for playing it? Have the game preordered so will skip the demo unless there's good reason.

Besides, I have a couple thousand more battles to grind out in OA for that stupid trophy...

Some good sales on some good games! I HIGHLY suggest people pick up Guacamelee! if they haven't already. And Luftrausers is a ton of fun too.

Tohsaka

Yeah! More cheap games I'll buy and never play.

Does anyone know if DT2 demo has saves that carry over, or, better yet, bonuses for playing it? Have the game preordered so will skip the demo unless there's good reason.

Besides, I have a couple thousand more battles to grind out in OA for that stupid trophy...

I haven't finished the demo yet, but it does carry over to the full game according to a thread I looked at on GameFAQs.

edit: Finished the demo, it does prompt you to save so you can carry your progress over.

data

Seems new sale for EU is already up. Bloodborne for 35,99, each metro title for 7,49 and Borderlands is 29,99. The only ones I found so far.

E: Seems like it's a pretty decent sale, lots of retail games are getting big discounts

I just got a review code for Sword Art Online PS4. I seen people mocking the Vita version, so whats the deal?

They were mocking it due to the Engrish translation that when it released outside Japan. Asian SAO got the "penetrations" translations while the EU / US just got slightly touched up but used the Engrish asian translation as a base.

Top Bottom