• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I bought Resonance of Fate, it better be good after all the praise it gets around here.

you really don't like any of them, do you?

EO ftw. :p

ROF is more the usual GAF hype than anything, game is real hit or miss with folks. Also you will have to take a bit of time to understand the battle system, though once you do get a hang of it its pretty easy to break the game.

Whelp.

I just beat Bloodborne, and through the magic of save transfers to USB experienced all three endings (without spoilers beforehand other than how to achieve said endings).

That said - and without spoiler-ing - GIANT "what the fuck?" to all three of the endings. :/

--

Also completed my May release preview video for PlayStation Vita, if anyone's interested.

Linky; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uS9wp1-I7k

ROF is more the usual GAF hype than anything, game is real hit or miss with folks. Also you will have to take a bit of time to understand the battle system, though once you do get a hang of it its pretty easy to break the game.

It was 8 bucks so I'm willing to take the hit, hopefully I have fun figuring the battle system.

Khronico

Been chipping away at Demon Gaze, I'm still really enjoying it. I've always appreciated DRPG's from a distance but never put much time into the genre, this is the first time I've done so and it's awesome. I'm definitely getting Operation Abyss day one.

wilflare

Thinking about that Abyss limited edition but I don't know when I'll ever play it. Especially when I'm laying here sick letting my backlog grow

Battle princess is good. If you're getting nep pp and SK bon appetit I assume you have what you want of the nep RPGs and SK Versus already? I wouldn't recommend those on their own but for a fan they're fine, both are most valuable for humor + the characters than anything else.

hmm I got NepNep 1 Vita,
Shinovi Versus Vita
haven't really played much of either - so would you still recommend them?

Don't get PS3 version of Witch & Hundred Knight - wait for PS4 version!

Also, let me know what you think of Mugen Souls Z. I've been really interested in getting that game lately, not quite sure why.

there's a PS4 version coming? :O

Massa

Whelp.

I just beat Bloodborne, and through the magic of save transfers to USB experienced all three endings (without spoilers beforehand other than how to achieve said endings).

That said - and without spoiler-ing - GIANT "what the fuck?" to all three of the endings. :/

--

Also completed my May release preview video for PlayStation Vita, if anyone's interested.

Linky; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uS9wp1-I7k

This is a must read: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/09/whats-really-going-on-in-bloodborne

^yES IT is! Consider watching the recap videos to know what happened in Y1-3.
Expect manliness and beat'em-up awesomeoness.

OH
MY
GOD!
SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33913&Title=The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

TSEW5uK.jpg

Daaaang

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn in Alien shooter there are also shooting aliens, but they don't just shoot, they have double machine guns! You should see a horde of aliens with alien machine guns shooting at you all at the same time, it's scarily(and deadly) spectacular lol
Those shooting aliens have a sort of mechanical suite with not 1 but 2 alien machine guns, with the first attacks you destroy the armor and the weapons, then the alien attack you with bare "hands".

Here's a gameplay video(not mine and without shooting aliens), easy mode i think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSD5TSNEyYE

Shizuka

Not going to delve into it, but whoever pre-ordered Moe Chronicle should get a bonus that's been shared on GameFAQs.

SerTapTap

hmm I got NepNep 1 Vita,
Shinovi Versus Vita
haven't really played much of either - so would you still recommend them?

As long as you like the characters/humor of Neptunia you should be fine with PP at that price, just know it's mostly good for the dialog and humor over the idol sim stuff. Bon Appetit is a fairly plain rhythm game that can be pretty funny, again it's best if you like the series/characters. Neither is extremely bad all things considered so it's not a bad time to check them out if you like the series. I'd still probably play the other games first to have a better appreciation of the characters before you start 'em though.

GOTY right there. Well, maybe not, this is a year with a lot of high-quality Vita software, it may be hard to pick one.
Yup, of the announced stuff thus far I'd say either this or Danganronpa will take the prize. Maybe Lost Dimension, although people say it is one of those "just ok" games, everything about it looks pretty cool.

Actually no, my true GOTY will be GE2:RB and we all know it.
:3

Shizuka

Yup, of the announced stuff thus far I'd say either this or Danganronpa will take the prize. Maybe Lost Dimension, although people say it is one of those "just ok" games, everything about it looks pretty cool.

I'm betting for me, it'll be between Operation Abyss, Ultra Danganronpa, Steins;Gate and Dungeon Travelers 2. Maybe Persona 4 Dancing All Night as well. If XSEED decides to release Corpse Party Blood Drive, that as well.

And yes, it'll be your GOTY

Tohsaka

Blood Drive should be out this year since XSEED teased it before. They do have quite a lot on their plate though, assuming everything in the teaser plus their announced stuff all makes it out in 2015. It'd be crazy to get two Kiseki games in this same year.

I'm betting for me, it'll be between Operation Abyss, Ultra Danganronpa, Steins;Gate and Dungeon Travelers 2. Maybe Persona 4 Dancing All Night as well. If XSEED decides to release Corpse Party Blood Drive, that as well.

And yes, it'll be your GOTY
I'll enjoy Dungeon Travelers, but I don't think it'll be GOTY material tbh. Would love to be proved wrong! I keep forgetting about P4D, maybe because I'm not too excited for it even though it is Persona (the fact that you can't swap characters in songs is a huge bummer too). Corpse Party I bet you that it'll come during Halloween. They did it with the first game, and given the schedule it would fit perfectly.

And no, I know God Eater is coming this year.

Z09VMjY.jpg

Shizuka

Blood Drive should be out this year since XSEED teased it before. They do have quite a lot on their plate though, assuming everything in the teaser plus their announced stuff all makes it out in 2015. It'd be crazy to get two Kiseki games in this same year.

It's XSEED. I love them, but it's a small company trying to tackle games like a big one. Games get delayed, cancelled, disappear until we get news months later. Where is Corpse Party PC? I'm not confident we'll get Blood Drive this year.

CrovaxPSO

Not going to delve into it, but whoever pre-ordered Moe Chronicle should get a bonus that's been shared on GameFAQs.

That's interesting, those were part of the Japanese LE. The ones in that LE were "bath posters" or something that I guess stick to the wall when you get them wet. I wonder if those are the exact same. The pre-order bonus in Japan was an art book.

Shizuka

That's interesting, those were part of the Japanese LE. The ones in that LE were "bath posters" or something that I guess stick to the wall when you get them wet. I wonder if those are the exact same. The pre-order bonus in Japan was an art book.

Mine will be stored in a nice, closed envelope in a drawer somewhere, but it's nice to know that they are "bath posters".

Also, PS+ games are up in NA.

You don't need to resign in if psn loses connection on PS4 it will automatically connect once again.

I have the auto sign in for my psn account. But it still halts any network transaction until resigned in for the ps3.

So it is the same in the amount of occurences i assume since you didnt say otherwise.

Hmmm...

Shizuka

30 minutes and The Unfinished Swan is making me sick, much like Duke Nukem back in January. It's a bummer, because I really want to play the game, but I don't want to feel sick from playing a game.

Tohsaka

If only K-T would give us Ciel nosurge Offline as well. I already read the summaries before I played Ar nosurge, but I'd still really like it play it.

More english voiced footage: Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - CPA Orientation

Man oh man, I cannot wait.

EDIT: Also adding this link to Gematsu, you'll find a picture of the launch edition box here: Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy launch edition announced

I get what they're going for, but that's kind of a lame trailer.

For me so far it's going to be Danganronpa AE, maybe Steins;Gate. I'm looking forward to Lost Dimension, but like you said, not very many people who have played it speak that highly about it.

Xenoflare

I agree.

I tried really, really hard to appreciate the battle system, and I quit when I realized that it's not fun at all for me.

But I liked the setting and it's clever implementation of it's trophy icons. I think some of them line up to form a picture of the towered city.

It's happening isn't it?

irANiVr.png
Welp, skipping on the PS3 version was the best decision I made I guess. So general consensus is that the game is good but you need to go online to read the backstory, right?

I get what they're going for, but that's kind of a lame trailer.

For me so far it's going to be Danganronpa AE, maybe Steins;Gate. I'm looking forward to Lost Dimension, but like you said, not very many people who have played it speak that highly about it.
Eh, the trailer I think just served to show the mechanics of the game. When you think about it, how else would you make a trailer for a DRPG? They could show us bits of the story, but those are told in VN form which wouldn't really work for a trailer.

Yeah the whole concept behind Lost Dimension just sounds so goddamn cool. Also the fact that gameplay seems to be similar to Valkyria Chronicles gives it a few more points in my book. I'll have to get it to judge it properly, but unless they do something really wrong with it, I can't see myself not enjoying it.

kng3025

I see that Grim Fandango is on sale. Anyone try it on Vita? I'm thinking of possibly picking it up and was wondering if it is worth it.

Eh, the trailer I think just served to show the mechanics of the game. When you think about it, how else would you make a trailer for a DRPG? They could show us bits of the story, but those are told in VN form which wouldn't really work for a trailer.

Yeah the whole concept behind Lost Dimension just sounds so goddamn cool. Also the fact that gameplay seems to be similar to Valkyria Chronicles gives it a few more points in my book. I'll have to get it to judge it properly, but unless they do something really wrong with it, I can't see myself not enjoying it.

Like I said, I get what they're going for, just seems boring to me. I just think they could've at least used some upbeat music or something, but whatever.

Yeah, a lot of the mechanics and the story premise look great on paper, so I'm really hoping Lost Dimension delivers.

Top Bottom