• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Ephidel

wait what is happening? I can't see the image because I'm at work lol.

If it's confirmed then FUCK YES. Ar nosurge is awesome.
It's a tweet from KT teasing an announcement, with a couple of people, some music notes, and a plus sign. It implies, but doesn't confirm.

Producer

wait what is happening? I can't see the image because I'm at work lol.

If it's confirmed then FUCK YES. Ar nosurge is awesome.

KT tweeted saying an annoucement is coming soon, in the tweet is a symbol with 2 girls, a musical note symbol, and the plus (+) symbol. Pretty much confirmed

Holy crap, I just looked it up online and the story for Ciel no Surge is friggin massive. I don't know if I have the patience to soldier through all these chapters just for a game :X

EDIT: There seems to be a playlist on youtube with the cutscenes translated: playlist here, however it is composed of 45 videos, each one averaging 10mins of length. Damn.

aw yes.

Holy crap, I just looked it up online and the story for Ciel no Surge is friggin massive. I don't know if I have the patience to soldier through all these chapters just for a game :X

It took me a while to read it all, I say it's worth it because of how crazy the story is.

EDIT: There seems to be a playlist on youtube with the cutscenes translated: playlist here, however it is composed of 45 videos, each one averaging 10mins of length. Damn.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that's not the complete story, the story is fucking huge.

Producer

Worth it

Looks like season 3 of Pinball Arcade will be a deal...

I stopped on season 2. Is season 3 any good? The new seasons have less tables. Season 3 doesn't have the big names. No more trophies for these doesn't help either. Biggest driver is that you gotta rebuy tables for PS4. I think I am on team Zen now and will buy the Portal tables.

Zhao_Yun

Just pre-ordered Steins;Gate. It's a bit unfortunate that I watched the anime a few years ago already but I am sure I'll have fun with it nevertheless.

I am still playing Demon Gaze and it's really addicting. Especially like the fact that fights are so fast thanks to the auto-fight function :) Looking forward to Operation Abyss now!

Tohsaka

My issue is not having time to read all of this lol... On the same website that I found all of those chapters there is also a summary of character and plot. I know I will be missing a lot of info, but would reading this make Ar a little more comprehensible?

You really should read everything. Ar nosurge starts off with almost all the characters already knowing each other and assuming you know what happened in Ciel. The game won't really make much sense if you don't know the whole story from Ciel, IMO.

The short summary sucks.

You really should read everything. Ar nosurge starts off with almost all the characters already knowing each other and assuming you know what happened in Ciel. The game won't really make much sense if you don't know the whole story from Ciel, IMO.

Hmmm, I see thanks. I guess one of these days I'll start reading it. By the time I finish the game will probably be out lol.

bobohoro

So Ar Nosurge is finally coming? Time to start reading up on it, I guess.

30 minutes and The Unfinished Swan is making me sick, much like Duke Nukem back in January. It's a bummer, because I really want to play the game, but I don't want to feel sick from playing a game.

The first 30 minutes are the best section of the game anyway.

Welp, skipping on the PS3 version was the best decision I made I guess. So general consensus is that the game is good but you need to go online to read the backstory, right?

Very much so. I played about 4 hours of Ar no Surge on PS3 and I wasn't struggling but things definitely felt better after I'd read the plot summary for Ciel.

It is a massive slog though (I read through the longer one) and had to do it over a few days to keep the interest.

If only KT could bring the game across so I could play it :(

Ventara

Awww, snap! Look what just came in the mail!

K4gtQa3.jpg

I gotta give 5 out of 5 Vita stars to wilflare. com (Edit: lol, there actually is a website with that url) for excellent customer service and shipping. #vitabro Thanks a lot, man, I appreciate it, and let me know if I can return the favor if the need ever arises.

You plebeians who don't have this but want it and are curious, it cost about $100 CND (which is about $82 USD). Though it's probably sold out now, and you need to be one of the elite few to be accepted into wilflare's circle to get in on it.

Side note: Damn Sony for censoring that sweet hometown.

Side side note: I could read the note wilflare wrote to Shizuka since it engraved onto the note he wrote me. Don't worry, you two; your deep, dark secret is safe with me.

30 minutes and The Unfinished Swan is making me sick, much like Duke Nukem back in January. It's a bummer, because I really want to play the game, but I don't want to feel sick from playing a game.

Well, damn. I get motion sick pretty easily, so I'll probably have this problem, too. And I was really looking forward to this game. I used to be able to read books in the car, now going through my song list on my iPhone makes me queasy.

Fbh

I don't know if this is the ideal place to ask this but with it being a Playstation network thread I guess someone might be able to help me.

So I moved into a new place and I had Internet installed today and everything works fine.
With my modem/router now being right next to my Ps4 I decided it's finally time to connect via a wired connection. But the damn thing won't let me.

When I try to set up a wired connection it just says "Please connect a LAN cable" despite the fact that it's already connected.
I thought that mabye the cable was broken, it was one I got a few years ago and haven't used much after all, but I tried it on 2 different laptops and it worked perfectly fine with both of them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Some setting I have to adjust in my router or something? Or is the damn ethernet port dead on my Ps4?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I don't know if this is the ideal place to ask this but with it being a Playstation network thread I guess someone might be able to help me.

So I moved into a new place and I had Internet installed today and everything works fine.
With my modem/router now being right next to my Ps4 I decided it's finally time to connect via a wired connection. But the damn thing won't let me.

When I try to set up a wired connection it just says "Please connect a LAN cable" despite the fact that it's already connected.
I thought that mabye the cable was broken, it was one I got a few years ago and haven't used much after all, but I tried it on 2 different laptops and it worked perfectly fine with both of them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Some setting I have to adjust in my router or something? Or is the damn ethernet port dead on my Ps4?

Was your port working before the move? Or from the sound of the way you wrote your post that you were using Wifi only before hand?

Parakeetman

Yeah I've only been using Wifi so far. (which still works fine, btw)

There should not be some sort of default setting that would block your ethernet cable from working. Even if you had it running wifi first.

Since the other cable already works on other devices this might be a waste of time, but do you have any other cable you can test with? If not dont go out to buy a new one.

Outside of that, unless we have an expert in here which I doubt, would suggest contacting Sony support, though they will most likely run you down a general "script" of diagnostics steps to try and pinpoint the potential issue.

Did some searching and nothing really useful comes up as folks are all over the place with issues / answers.

Fbh

There should not be some sort of default setting that would block your ethernet cable from working. Even if you had it running wifi first.

Since the other cable already works on other devices this might be a waste of time, but do you have any other cable you can test with? If not dont go out to buy a new one.

Outside of that, unless we have an expert in here which I doubt, would suggest contacting Sony support, though they will most likely run you down a general "script" of diagnostics steps to try and pinpoint the potential issue.

Did some searching and nothing really useful comes up as folks are all over the place with issues / answers.

Yeah, I think I'll try with a new cable.
They are cheap after all and it's worth trying.

Thx anyway.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I think I'll try with a new cable.
They are cheap after all and it's worth trying.

Thx anyway.

Yeah sorry cant be of much too help outside of that. My PS4 for example was Wifi first then switched to ethernet which worked right away. Reason being was the PS3 had the cable in it and the PS4 was wifi starting out. So with that in mind was the reasoning why there should not be a "setting" which would be blocking you I think.

Hope you manage to fix the issue.

Shizuka

Very nice, thank you for the input. Will bite on it then.

You're welcome. The only issue I had with the game is that it's big (Vita version is over 3GB).

Just pre-ordered Steins;Gate. It's a bit unfortunate that I watched the anime a few years ago already but I am sure I'll have fun with it nevertheless.

I am still playing Demon Gaze and it's really addicting. Especially like the fact that fights are so fast thanks to the auto-fight function :) Looking forward to Operation Abyss now!

Good on both pre-ordering Steins;Gate and enjoying Demon Gaze.

The first 30 minutes are the best section of the game anyway.

It's still upsetting, since I wanted to get that 100% trophy list.

Side side note: I could read the note wilflare wrote to Shizuka since it engraved onto the note he wrote me. Don't worry, you two; your deep, dark secret is safe with me.

Well, damn. I get motion sick pretty easily, so I'll probably have this problem, too. And I was really looking forward to this game. I used to be able to read books in the car, now going through my song list on my iPhone makes me queasy.

Oh no wil, we got caught! I hope you don't get sick.

I'll be very disappointed if we get ar nosurge plus instead of ciel nosurge plus

Get readyiom.

Nudull

Banned
The Unfinished Swan is pretty damn trippy, but in a fun "children's book" way. I'm sad that I've never played it before until now.

Shizuka

No, I just have high standards for my favorite genre games. Platformers, SRPGs, VNs, and Dungeon Crawlers.

There are no high standards or low standards. There is you standard and the games you enjoy. When they don't align with what other people like, that doesn't mean other people have a worse taste than yours.

My two cents. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are no high standards or low standards. There is you standard and the games you enjoy. When they don't align with what other people like, that doesn't mean other people have a worse taste than yours.

My two cents. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Normally I'd agree with that. But then I played Mind Zero for almost an hour. It...changed me.

Tohsaka

Hey VitaGAF, just wanted to say that the Chiaki figure is awesome and I love it very much. Highly recommended to all Danganronpa fans.

(PS. Sir TapTap: Have you managed to fix her?)

Nice, I was thinking of buying that but ultimately didn't. I haven't been buying figs as much I did in the past, lately.

l1rOXdd.jpg

Cosmophony is pretty good. It is simple but has good music, looks interesting and very engaging. Worth $5. Going to keep playing.

I need to try the Vita version. Here is me playing the PS4 version:

https://youtu.be/a3yWsKxsp7M

Got a new mic. Now I am slightly less annoying.

wilflare

Awww, snap! Look what just came in the mail!

I gotta give 5 out of 5 Vita stars to wilflare. com (Edit: lol, there actually is a website with that url) for excellent customer service and shipping. #vitabro Thanks a lot, man, I appreciate it, and let me know if I can return the favor if the need ever arises.

You plebeians who don't have this but want it and are curious, it cost about $100 CND (which is about $82 USD). Though it's probably sold out now, and you need to be one of the elite few to be accepted into wilflare's circle to get in on it.

Side note: Damn Sony for censoring that sweet hometown.

glad to see that it arrived in great condition! :D
let me know if you (or anyone else really) needs help :D

I'll get my essays and exams sorted out soon and I'll be able to clear out the current queue!

and haha wilflare[dot]com is my own site lol

The store update today is kind of weak. Flash sale please.

Can we talk about this? Other than Flash sales and the Golden Week sale, the past two months have been pretty weak (by my count, which could be totally biased, duh). I've been underwhelmed.

Anybody else?

Shizuka

Interesting... I've been eying Mind Zero but... I don't know, I'm not sure if its my cup of tea. Can you elaborate on this "change"?

Indeed, you shouldn't buy Mind Zero. I bought it knowing that I shouldn't, except that I ended up enjoying the game and spending over 75 hours on it until I got the platinum trophy. It was a gamble and it paid off, but it's a gamble nonetheless and you shouldn't get it.

Interesting... I've been eying Mind Zero but... I don't know, I'm not sure if its my cup of tea. Can you elaborate on this "change"?
With Demon Gaze and in a month Operation Abyss and not too long afterwards Dungeon Travelers 2, you should have your bases covered in the DRPG genre on the Vita. Save your money :p

Tizoc

^Well to me, it'd be whichever doesn't take the most space on my 64 GB :V

So 2 things

A- My ranking of the Ys games is currently as follows
1- Ys 3 (OiF)
2- Ys Seven/Origin
3- Ys 1, 2, 6

B- for those that can play YT videos on their Vita, how amazing does this look on dat OLED?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Parakeetman

Guys, if you had to pick one, would you get DJ Max Portable 3 or DJ Max Fever?

You would be better off looking at a track list / listening to it. Since people are split in regards to which they prefer for what music it contains. Its similar to fans of Beat mania arguing over which version is the best.

Song lists to make it easier to look up on YT.

http://www.cyphergate.net/wiki/index.php?title=DJMAX_Portable_3:Tracklist

http://www.cyphergate.net/wiki/index.php?title=DJMAX_Fever:Tracklist

Tizoc

2 in the same rank as 1 and 6? I'm offended.

I'd rank ys 1 over 2 TBH, but here are a few things I'd change in a hypothetical Ys 1 remake
1- Get rid of Gold altogether. Yes there are 2 shop owners that sell you equipment, but
a) You can get Tier 1 Sword from the start of the game.
b) You only ever need to buy Tier 2 sword, as Tier 3 can be gotten from the Port Town after completing the Shrine, getting the Book of Ys and getting Feena out of there.
c) Gold becomes useless after entering Darm Tower.

2- Instead of Gold, make it so you find materials to make/strengthen armor, found in the dungeons.

3- Maybe extend the max level to 20? You reach Max level (10) once you get half way through the game making fighting enemies in Darm Tower sorta pointless outside of wanting to get treasure chests.

4- Far as the item shop goes, you find various items you normally would sell to him. Instead make it so you trade the item you got for another one, like for example infinite use Wing.

Top Bottom