• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

RK128

Please stop me from doing this (I sold the physical version of Demon Gaze a while ago).

Well, which game do you want the most? If you know that, then remove the other two that you want the least, that way you only get one game :).

You could drop Demon Gaze, as you played it a while back (as you said you owned a physical copy at some point), then get either Shinovi Verses or Renaissance of Fate then.

Renaissance of Fate is definitely a game I want to check out as I love good gameplay, and it seems to be loved for that around here.

Shinovi Versus, I've waited to get it, I've watched pretty much the whole game on youtube but I wanna play it, and Demon Gaze, I didn't like what I played but I played it for such a short time that I think it deserves a second chance.

Shizuka

Renaissance of Fate is definitely a game I want to check out as I love good gameplay, and it seems to be loved for that around here.

Shinovi Versus, I've waited to get it, I've watched pretty much the whole game on youtube but I wanna play it, and Demon Gaze, I didn't like what I played but I played it for such a short time that I think it deserves a second chance.

Give Demon Gaze a fair chance, it's definitely a quality DRPG, even if it's a little easy for those used to the genre.

Hikami

Posting this from AnimeGAF. Good lord this is going to be so fucking good.

God Eater Anime PV

Damn that looks nice. Glad that they seem to have kept all the original voice actors too.
I didn't find the game's story all too interesting near the end so hopefully the anime makes it better. Though a voiced protagonist over a silent one already makes it tons better.

bamco needs to localize GE2 Rage Burst already

Damn that looks nice. Glad that they seem to have kept all the original voice actors too.
I didn't find the game's story all too interesting near the end so hopefully the anime makes it better. Though a voiced protagonist over a silent one already makes it tons better.

bamco needs to localize GE2 Rage Burst already
This being Ufotable, I'm sure we will be looking at a visual spectacle, even if the story is somewhat lacking. UBW isn't that great on paper, but I forget all its shortcomings because of how amazing everything else is lol. Regardless, unlike UBW I'm sure they will have a lot more liberty with the script (thanks to the voiced protagonist), so this could actually be quite good. The animation, just looking at the PV looks to be top notch.

As for your last point, they will Hikami. They will do it for me, at E3. Mark my words.

autoduelist

How much is the Op Abyss special edition? i have the regular bought on credit, so don't think I want to switch...

Also... is Guided Fate Paradox similar to ZHP or am I thinking of something else? I checked youtube footage and clicked in like 10 different places and it was always cutscene (which scares me away). But if it's like ZHP.... hmm. though it's ps3, so I probably will never play it anyway.

RoF is... interesting? The combat system is obtuse but interesting. You basically need to set up attacks in triangles so that you attack enemies from different angles and distances... different types of guns do different types of damage. IIIRC you use submachine guns to do 'scratch' damage, which is sort of like 'potential' damage, and then you use a different type of gun to 'finalize' that damage (if you don't, it doesn't actually happen). You also create wildly custom guns that are unrealistic -- ie, you can tetris on like 5 different scopes, 3 different barrels, etc to maximize effect). the overworld has another tetris like game as you put hex colors onto area to claim it (and get bonuses).

ultimately, I wanted to love it, but didn't like how unrealistic it was. don't get me wrong, i don't need realism ... but I didn't like how submachine guns didn't do real damage, etc, or how guns were frankenstein creations. I wanted something more... real. The hex overworld was addicting but i burnt out farming shapes to fill areas. plot was obtuse and I gave up on it too.

Still, worthwhile despite above complaints.

I had much more fun with DG.

Arthos

Not having played Demon's Gaze, I'm not sure if I should get that Operation Abyss LE. I'm tempted to get it.

I have to stop playing so much Pokemon and start playing my Vita again. Then there is the question of what I should play on it next...

Shizuka

Not having played Demon's Gaze, I'm not sure if I should get that Operation Abyss LE. I'm tempted to get it.

I have to stop playing so much Pokemon and start playing my Vita again. Then there is the question of what I should play on it next...

Do you like DRPGs? If you do, get that limited edition.

Kudo

Posting this from AnimeGAF. Good lord this is going to be so fucking good.

God Eater Anime PV

This looks great, Summer is going to be one hell of a season.

Hmm I should consider getting Dragon's Crown retail, that game is what 1 GB on Vita?

Yeah, it was around there if I remember corrently. I was going to buy it but then I saw that I already had it from PS+, nice surprise. (Already have physical for PS3)

Sarcasm

In harvest moon do I have to water the crops all the way to harvest?

I ask because at a certain point later in the cycle you can't water the middle crop.

deadfolk

In harvest moon do I have to water the crops all the way to harvest?

I ask because at a certain point later in the cycle you can't water the middle crop.

Been a long time since I've played a HM game, but iirc, you need to set your plots like this:

XXX
XXX
XOX

or

XXX
XOX
XXX

Where 'O' is empty. That way you can always water them all.

Kudo

Started downloading Yakuza 4 for PS3, new to the series, what should I expect? Is it okay to just jump to 4?

Tizoc

^yES IT is! Consider watching the recap videos to know what happened in Y1-3.
Expect manliness and beat'em-up awesomeoness.

OH
MY
GOD!
SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33913&Title=The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

TSEW5uK.jpg

Tizoc

Wow nice. Never played it. The MML games still are in licensing limbo right?

Only for English releases far as I know.
Funny I was thinking of getting THIS game from JP PSN, glad I didn't X3
NOW SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD FOR IT PLEASE!

RK128

^yES IT is! Consider watching the recap videos to know what happened in Y1-3.
Expect manliness and beat'em-up awesomeoness.

OH
MY
GOD!
SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33913&Title=The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

TSEW5uK.jpg

YES XD! Always wanted to play this and now we all can finally play this without paying 200+ dollars :').

I wonder if this hints at Legends 1 and 2 coming to PSN, as if this got released, then Capcom should have no issue with putting Legends 1 and 2 on PSN (the main issue was VA problems if I recall).

wilflare

doing my last sweep... I guess? any thoughts?

PS4 METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
PS3 AQUAPAZZA
PS3 Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
PS3 The Witch and the Hundred Knight
PS3 Battle Princess of Arcadias
PS3 Mugen Souls Z
PS3 Resonance of Fate
PS3 Yakuza: Dead Souls
PS3 CHAOS CODE
PS3 Darkstalkers® Resurrection

PSP End of Serenity™
PSP Mystic Chronicles™
PSP METAL GEAR SOLID®: PEACE WALKER
PSP Adventures To Go!™

PSV HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA: PRODUCING PERFECTION
PSV SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appetit!

PS2 Classic Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

I'm inclined to wait on a further sale on most titles ($5 would be my bite range...) but not sure if some of these games would go on sale again or not :/

I almost bought class of heros 2, still waiting on that digital 2G version

I guess I should've waited for that, but I now mostly prefer drpgs on my handhelds.

I'm inclined to wait on a further sale on most titles ($5 would be my bite range...) but not sure if some of these games would go on sale again or not :/

I think all of those have been on sale before, and likely will go on sale again. I'd wait if I were you.

wilflare

I guess I should've waited for that, but I now mostly prefer drpgs on my handhelds.

I think all of those have been on sale before, and likely will go on sale again. I'd wait if I were you.

just a little worried about the Konami ones - especially with all the drama surrounding the company

RK128

just a little worried about the Konami ones - especially with all the drama surrounding the company

They may not want to make games anymore, but they aren't stupid enough to no accept free money through PSN downloads....so I wouldn't worry about stuff being taken off the store if I was you :).

SerTapTap

Thinking about that Abyss limited edition but I don't know when I'll ever play it. Especially when I'm laying here sick letting my backlog grow

Battle princess is good. If you're getting nep pp and SK bon appetit I assume you have what you want of the nep RPGs and SK Versus already? I wouldn't recommend those on their own but for a fan they're fine, both are most valuable for humor + the characters than anything else.

Fordy

Any one else having issues with being part of the PS Now EU beta and new purchases?

I pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The Old Blood but doesn't show in my Library on the PS4 and on the online store shows the price instead of "Purchased". I checked my purchase history and can see I have been billed for it :-\

Reading up a bit, other people as not showing as having a plus subscription, unable to download games etc. Sony have recommended restoring licenses, but this apparently locks all installed digital games!

Yay to the digital future.

Does psn act the same for ps4 as it does for the ps3? My ps3 constantly loses psn connection randomly throughout the day. Even when just watching netflix. This is quite annoying. I know its not my network because no other device experiences this issue of lost connectivity.

I want to get a ps4 soon but this psn situation is really grinding my gears.. ... Psn gods help. Even my toddler is starting to hate the ps3 because it needs to resign in every 10 to 20 minutes.

Does psn act the same for ps4 as it does for the ps3? My ps3 constantly loses psn connection randomly throughout the day. Even when just watching netflix. This is quite annoying. I know its not my network because no other device experiences this issue of lost connectivity.

I want to get a ps4 soon but this psn situation is really grinding my gears.. ... Psn gods help. Even my toddler is starting to hate the ps3 because it needs to resign in every 10 to 20 minutes.

You don't need to resign in if psn loses connection on PS4 it will automatically connect once again.

Top Bottom