• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

cafemomo

I've never played Metal Gear Solid 3. Should I purchase the Vita HD edition for $7.99?
At $7.99 it's worth the purchase - but if you have a PS3 (or PS2) lying around, I'd recommend the console versions even more than the Vita version. It's not that the PSV versions are bad or anything, but IMO, MGS is something you should experience on a larger screen.

Maybe the quote idk. I was talking about terrible customer care and inexcusable extremely long delays delivering products.

It's a pre-order for a game that releases tomorrow.
EDIT: Aaand mine just shipped. Now begins the wait of 2-4 weeks to get it

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have to update my judgment on Alien Shooter, aim is precise enough, i just needed some practice, the fact that sometimes the character goes slightly down when i stop is still there, i suspect it could be my analog's fault but i have never had a similar problem in other games...
One thing that i don't like is that there's no visual feedback when you are being hit.

Damn i'm at level 3 or 4 and it's already very hard with continuous big hordes of enemies!
It's simple and barebones but for now i'm liking it.
2 screens(not mine, levels are clean at the beginning, they become all red with the blood of enemies XD)
Alien-shooter-6.jpg

CDNy0kkWYAAIHPU.jpg:large

Kudo

Does anyone know if the Oreshika avatars in EU PS Store have black background like in the preview pictures or are they transparent? I think some avatars have transparent bg but not sure about this one.
Gotta get ready for my game with proper avatar, but I think black bg looks bad.

I have to update my judgment on Alien Shooter, aim is precise enough, i just needed some practice, the fact that sometimes the character goes slightly down when i stop is still there, i suspect it could be my analog's fault but i have never had a similar problem in other games...
One thing that i don't like is that there's no visual feedback when you are being hit.

Damn i'm at level 3 or 4 and it's already very hard with continuous big hordes of enemies!
It's simple and barebones but for now i'm liking it.
2 screens(not mine, levels are clean at the beginning, they become all red with the blood of enemies XD)
Alien-shooter-6.jpg

CDNy0kkWYAAIHPU.jpg:large

Interesting. Is this more Hotline Miami or a traditional twin stick shooter with waves of enemies? I can't find a NA release date for this.

Sarcasm

So yea lol guess its been forever since I played a Harvest Moon..I grabbed boy & girl and I am barely squeezing by.

Any tips haha

autoduelist

Maybe the quote idk. I was talking about terrible customer care and inexcusable extremely long delays delivering products.

It's not even officially released yet. The fact that they are shipping it pre-release is actually a good thing.

EDIT - -just checked my order at yesasia. They still have it releasing on the 7th, so it doesn't seem to have shipped yet.

EDIT EDIT -- and i just read the description on playasia for the game. I had no idea it was a sequel to that game. Probably would have skipped it if I had realized... i wanted a new drpg, but I'm not sure i wanted one -that- bad. The writing in the other game was so bad I'm still scarred.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Interesting. Is this more Hotline Miami or a traditional twin stick shooter with waves of enemies? I can't find a NA release date for this.
It has levels full of enemies, sometimes you need to find some switches to activate lights and doors, or dynamite to blow some wall, it has no stealth elements, enemies have color variations(for what i saw: green=normal, red=fast, blue=resistent, yellow=???), before a level you can buy weapons, ammo and some character bonus and upgrades.

It has no waves(now that i think about it i'm playing the main mode but there's also a "survival" mode i still haven't tried), but in a level there was an entrance where enemies continuously come from until you blow it up with dynamite.

I'm still early though, in a level where at the beginning there's no light and you need to find a switch to turn on the light while fighting hordes of enemies with a very useless flashlight(nightvision goggles are better, luckily they are very cheap)

bobawesome

One month after sending my Vita in for repairs, I should be getting it back in a few days in the same condition I sent it in. I guess the lesson here is not to fixate over a few stuck pixels. I could've been playing some great games during that time.

Shizuka

I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze another $10 before the Golden Week sale is over to get Class of Heroes and Class of Heroes 2 for my Vita. With those, Moe Chronicle and Operation Abyss, I'll have enough until Dungeon Travelers 2 is released.

Massa

One month after sending my Vita in for repairs, I should be getting it back in a few days in the same condition I sent it in. I guess the lesson here is not to fixate over a few stuck pixels. I could've been playing some great games during that time.

At least you won't live with the regret of not trying.

Nudull

Banned
So, what's up with God Eater? I haven't played a single one of the games, but a lot of people seem to dig it. I want to try it out, though.

Shizuka

I need to slow down with Vita games. I have SAO and Orgarhythm coming, Moe Chronicle and Retro City Rampage DX getting shipped anytime now, FFX-2 HD and SSD as well when wil finishes his exams, not to mention Steins;Gate limited edition that I plan to order next week. Seven games (eight, if VGP+ fucks up and ships two RCRDX copies since I made two orders with different credit cards).

So, what's up with God Eater? I haven't played a single one of the games, but a lot of people seem to dig it. I want to try it out, though.

It's a hunting game that managed to be successful despite starting on the platform where Monster Hunter was the biggest one by far.

FireSol

Hmmm...strange thing happened, I've tried Etrian Odyssey and Persona Q on 3DS, they are good games, but they didn't hold me for long, but I've bought Demon Gaze and enjoying game A LOT. Is there any dungeon crawl games on Vita that newbie in the gene will enjoy?

Producer

Its a fast paced, almost arcade like hunting game. Handles the melee/gun combo much better than Freedom Wars does. Also has pretty interesting lore and story imo. Decent cast of characters. Its getting more hype since the anime is coming out soon and people are expecting a localization announcement for Rage Burst.

Shizuka

Hmmm...strange thing happened, I've tried Etrian Odyssey and Persona Q on 3DS, they are good games, but they didn't hold me for long, but I've bought Demon Gaze and enjoying game A LOT. Is there any dungeon crawl games on Vita that newbie in the gene will enjoy?

If you enjoyed Demon Gaze, you'll probably like Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, since it's from the same developer. It's coming out next month in North America and Europe.

One of my favourite games ever, and to add on to what has already been said, God Eater Burst has what could arguably be one of the greatest most baddass Anime OPs I can think of.
God Eater 2 Rage Burst doesn't have as good of a song for its OP in my opinion, but the animation in it is quite outstanding too.

Since it's Ufotable, I am hoping for an OP for the Anime of the same level or better than the previous 2 that I just showed, or even their most recent work: Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Season 2.

Hikami

I had the same experience. Etrian Odyssey and Persona Q kinda just burned me out on the genre for a while. Demon Gaze on the other hand, loved it to the point where I ended up getting the platinum for it. As Shizuka already said, Operation Abyss might be up your alley.

Tohsaka

I'm another one who couldn't get into EO, for whatever reason. I liked Demon Gaze a lot, and the other Vita dungeon crawlers like CG, Conception 2 and even Mind Zero I enjoyed more than EO.

So on the Vita a lot of games (maybe even all) have really nice digital manuals that you can access directly from the game's page. Is that not the case on the PS4? It seems to me that games just don't come with manuals at all these days, neither physical or digital. Or am I not looking in the right place?

SerTapTap

So on the Vita a lot of games (maybe even all) have really nice digital manuals that you can access directly from the game's page. Is that not the case on the PS4? It seems to me that games just don't come with manuals at all these days, neither physical or digital. Or am I not looking in the right place?

Sometimes in the "overview" thing there's online manuals, Resogun has one. I'm not sure it's a cert requirement though.

SerTapTap

mkx was the first game i got which just came with a disc. no leaflet no nothing

Pretty sure I've gotten several of those, or just a single double-sided card with a controller layout on it. Estival Versus is the only PS4 game I recall getting a full, colored manual with. Great manual too, can't read a lick of it but it has cute little comics and art in it.

Is there a way to see my date of birth on my PSN account? Pretty sure I stupidly entered some random date when I set it up years ago and a recent attempt at a PSN password recovery seemed to suggest it was important info to know. I ended up remembering the password but now I'm paranoid about this DOB stuff. Why are Sony hiding it?

RK128

Is there a way to see my date of birth on my PSN account? Pretty sure I stupidly entered some random date when I set it up years ago and a recent attempt at a PSN password recovery seemed to suggest it was important info to know. I ended up remembering the password but now I'm paranoid about this DOB stuff. Why are Sony hiding it?

Do you own a Vita? If you do so, you could change your PSN password directly from that through the Vita's PSN settings in case you need to change your PSN password.

Regarding your PSN Birthday....I have no idea how to see that :l. I remember almost being locked out of my PSN account because I forgot it (was younger at the time) because of that X(.

RK128

Should I get ZOE hd ? I heard the hd remake had fps issues.

High Voltage did a crap job with the port; frame rate worse then the PS2 versions and overall the games suffer a lot. However, Kojima got the guys behind the Okami PS3 port to fix up ZOE2, and the ZOE2 port is really great :D.

Higher frame rate then the PS2 version and it looks fantastic on PS3 :).

But, they didn't fix the original ZOE 1 port, so that still suffers a lot. If anything, just get ZOE2 from the Golden Week sale and ignore the PS3 version of the original game.

Edit: Made a mistake, as the original ZOE 1 port is fine, it was the original ZOE 2 port that was horrible until that got fixed latter on. Sorry for any confusion :(.

cyborg009

Banned
High Voltage did a crap job with the port; frame rate worse then the PS2 versions and overall the games suffer a lot. However, Kojima got the guys behind the Okami PS3 port to fix up ZOE2, and the ZOE2 port is really great :D.

But, they didn't fix the original ZOE 1 port, so that still suffers a lot. If anything, just get ZOE2 from the Golden Week sale and ignore the PS3 version of the original game.

Damn I really wanted to play the first one since I played the demo of it years ago on the PS2.

Etria

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but do people sell unwanted PS+ trial codes anywhere? Would they work if I've already had a PS+ sub in the past?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I really wanted to play the first one since I played the demo of it years ago on the PS2.
I heard that the first game is fine in the HD collection as it is, it was the second game that had major issues.
I haven't played them myself, but you should look it up.

Prelude.

ZOE1 was perfectly playable, it was just ZOE2 that was a fucking travesty.

Top Bottom