• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

SerTapTap

Member
I dont mind paying $15 extra for the Collector Box and a physical copy, to support one of my fav devs.

That said, i'd take a lame 15 page artbook or 4 track sampler CDs over fucking stickers lol

Stickers and pins are some of my least favorite stuff, will never use them. Stickers might be the worst, they're "consumable" in a way, and the little strips they come on always seem to warp even if you leave them alone.

bJHgrAc.jpg

Wearin' a full robe and still leaving your bra hangin' out, classy

The robe clearly only exists to create a window at the chest

Bought Tron Bonne last night, really enjoying it so far, fiddled with the controller settings for the game and it feels about right

SerTapTap

Member
Bought the heck out of Tron Bonne but ended up playing Neptunia U instead. What's the deal with the control settings in Trone Bonne? I tentatively left it at the "hard" ones.

I figured out a setup that felt pretty good, and thankfully I'm not the only one and someone else wrote it down so I don't have to:

I posted this in the other thread. This should probably help you out.

From an anon on 4chinz:
For those playing it on Vita;

>pick the first movement system
>change L stick to D-Pad inputs
>change the R stick to L1/R1
>change shoulder buttons to L2/R2
>turn off the rear touchpad
>enjoy playable Tron Bonne

SerTapTap

Member
I'll try that out--I hadn't considered the rear touchpad controls. I'm not sure if I'll play on Vita or PS3 (or Vita TV)

Hm, speaking of, is there any control or visual difference in playing PS1 games on Vita TV vs PS3? I haven't really messed with it much. Vita games end up looking a bit more pixely but I don't know about PS1 games.

Tohsaka

Member
Looking forward to Neptune U this month. Two Compile Heart/Idea Factory games in one month, plus I just finished Omega Quintet the other day. It's like Christmas.

SerTapTap

Member
Looking forward to Neptune U this month. Two Compile Heart/Idea Factory games in one month, plus I just finished Omega Quintet the other day. It's like Christmas.

I have to pace myself actually, I have Noire to get to, PP to 100% (only beat one story line), Neptunia U to review, and I dove off the deep end and bought the Neptunia VII Dream Edition via Wilflare...will play Nep U asap, see how far I can get in VII (never played an untranslated RPG before) and the others will probably have to wait a bit.

Liking Neptunia U so far but I'm only like <10% in. It's more different from Senran Kagura than expected, mixes in a lot of Neptunia stuff like equipments, events. You can play as who you want too instead of being forced into characters for most of the missions which is nice. Famtisu and Dengekiko are cool too. Writing is great. Might have more laughs per minute than any of the other games so far.

Greddleok

Member
Anyone know if it's possible to set up a "watch list" on PSN? I like the Steam functionality where it'll notify you if a watched game is on sale.

Ventara

Member
Need advice on this:

Backstory: when people mentioned they were getting this shipped already, I emailed [the company I preordered from, who I'll refrain from shaming right now] because they didn't have the release date till the 7th. Instead of correcting their mistake, they essentially gave me a form letter telling me the release date was the 7th. I replied that they were wrong, using other sites as reference, and never got a direct response.

Instead, I just got this email:

In reference to the item Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Chinese / English Edition) (Asian Version) from your order XXXXXXXXXXXX, the expected ship out date has been changed to May 31, 2015 due to reasons received from our suppliers. We will continue to try our best to source the item for shipping as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

------------

How do you guys recommend I proceed? I don't believe they allow order cancellations, which means it's either going to be a potential nightmare with customer service or I'll need to get my cc involved.

Is it Play Asia? If it is, they do allow cancellations, unless you paid with Paypal, then they'll issue you store credit.

autoduelist

Member
Is it Play Asia? If it is, they do allow cancellations, unless you paid with Paypal, then they'll issue you store credit.

No, not playasia. And I'm pretty sure the site doesn't allow cancellations, and even if they were to give me store credit that's pretty much unacceptable to me since I pretty much never import stuff and so it would effectively be keeping my money [or, at least, keeping it locked up for what might be years].

After complaining, I received a follow up email that essentially blames their supplier for not supplying all import sites at the same time (why? I have no idea) and that they'd look into it.

To make this extra annoying, I had no idea this game was a sequel to [game] and would prefer to just cancel it anyway. So freaking annoying.

I'm debating filing an issue with Paypal, who I paid through. I think delaying a preorder by a month rises to the level of unacceptable service, even if it actually was a mysterious suppliers fault and not theirs. They should have offered me the option to cancel and/or some other recompense, not simply changed the release date on me as if nothing happened. They'll likely refuse future business with me, but as said I never usually import stuff anyway... I wanted a drpg so I got this, but by the time I even get it, it looks like Op Abyss will be out.

edit - just responded to them, asking to cancel. if they say no, I'll take it up with paypal.

Shizuka

[...]

Worse case scenario, you could cancel the charge on your credit card through Paypal or trough the credit card dealer and they'll ban your account.

Shizuka

Member
I was wondering why the digital versions of the 4 games are listed to release today in Japan on gamefaqs. They weren't available digitally before as non-PSM titles?

It's a weird release, I'm not sure what is going on. At least now Square-Enix can release each one separately in the West, I'll buy them.

Since Mirai DX for 3DS is delayed in EU, I think I'll pre-order IA/VT instead. AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan? I remember reading bad things about one (or both?) of them.

SerTapTap

Member
Never had issues with AmiAmi. Only bad/weird things are they don't allow cancellations and they don't take payment until they get the item, then they email you to make the final payment instead of taking it automatically. Don't buy anything you aren't sure you want and you should be fine. I prefer them to just about anywhere else really.

Ventara

Member
Since Mirai DX for 3DS is delayed in EU, I think I'll pre-order IA/VT instead. AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan? I remember reading bad things about one (or both?) of them.

I use Amiami, and I like them since they include all the random pre-order bonus stuff I usually don't even know about.

But yeah, as SirTapTap mentioned, they don't do cancellations, and they'll only give the shipping quote (which is reasonable in my experience) once they have the item on hand and ready to ship.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Amiami will do cancellations if you ask nicely via e-mail and don't make a habit of it. I've cancelled an order with them before with no issue.

SerTapTap

Member
I use Amiami, and I like them since they include all the random pre-order bonus stuff I usually don't even know about.

But yeah, as SirTapTap mentioned, they don't do cancellations, and they'll only give the shipping quote (which is reasonable in my experience) once they have the item on hand and ready to ship.

The good news with the shipping quote thing is you can easily add items to orders before they ship (monthly) without over-paying for shipping, and you can change your mind about shipping (if my order gets even moderately expensive I'll just throw EMS on there because SAL sucks, I only use it for very cheap non-urgent orders)

Amiami will do cancellations if you ask nicely via e-mail and don't make a habit of it. I've cancelled an order with them before with no issue.

I've heard this, their general policy is no cancellations though so don't expect it or push your luck. I'm kind of surprised I didn't get banned from Play Asia, they shipped my PS TV the day we found it was region locked (ish) and I had to refuse the charge and send it back.

bobohoro

Member
Man Shovel Knight is really a gem, I can see where the love it's getting comes from, especially from people growing up on that stuff. Even if I dont like most games it takes inspiration from (never was a MegaMan/Ducktales guy), the polish and attention to detail is outstanding. There is just nothing that's bad in the game and every minute is a joy to play. The soundtrack also kicks major ass. It could be a tad harder overall, but I guess that's what the challenge runs are for, which I probably wont try my hand at.

Shun

Member
I'm enjoying Disgaea 4 Return much more than previous Disgaea titles, best since 2.

Love the chara, dialogue, etc. The game could be a bit more streamlined though.

SerTapTap

Member
"Disgaea" and "streamlined" are just 2 words that don't go together lol.

Actually Disgaea D2 streamlines a great deal of things, almost every game in the series has majorly improved some aspect. The Cheat Shop in particular allows you to focus your grinding efforts much better and lets you change enemy levels with a slider instead of those infernal bills.

Actually Disgaea D2 streamlines a great deal of things, almost every game in the series has majorly improved some aspect. The Cheat Shop in particular allows you to focus your grinding efforts much better and lets you change enemy levels with a slider instead of those infernal bills.
Oh yeah, definitely don't get me wrong the games are a lot more accessible than they used to be. Still, Disgaea is just one of those series with a lot of meat to the bone. You could honestly get lost just exploring the levels within items lol.

So I started The Unfinished Swan today, and it's both compelling and very odd. It's nigh disorienting to run through a blank white environment, all the time trying to fill in the blanks with paintballs - but it's also very endearing in an "I want to see where this leads" way.

Not too far in yet, but... I think it may have its hooks in me.

Shizuka

Member
I have four Vita games incoming, that's more than enough for now. I'm just waiting for wil to ship the other two and I'm done for the month.

wilflare

Member
I have four Vita games incoming, that's more than enough for now. I'm just waiting for wil to ship the other two and I'm done for the month.

sorry! (and to everyone else who got me to help)
I'll ship your games out soon enough.
just been a very hard few weeks with my last few papers to graduate ._.

Shizuka

Member
sorry! (and to everyone else who got me to help)
I'll ship your games out soon enough.
just been a very hard few weeks with my last few papers to graduate ._.

Don't worry wil! Education comes first, I'd hate to get in your way. I'm cheering for your graduation, worry about the rest when you're done with that!

The only thing I heard about DR2 is that NISA slapped together a horrible script riddled with translation errors/bad editing.

And that's actually keeping me from starting the game.
Wait what? I beat DR2 and thought everything was fine. If you own the game already that's a pretty lame excuse for not starting it since it's not going to change.

SerTapTap

Member
Trone Bonne is the best

So I started The Unfinished Swan today, and it's both compelling and very odd. It's nigh disorienting to run through a blank white environment, all the time trying to fill in the blanks with paintballs - but it's also very endearing in an "I want to see where this leads" way.

Not too far in yet, but... I think it may have its hooks in me.

Only the first area is white-only. And it wouldn't really work anywhere else in the story/gameplay, but it's sort of unfortunate lots of people freak out because of the starting area. IT will be much less disorienting pretty quickly.

Hikami

Member
Alright.. it's been 5 months since I beat Suikoden. Time to finally start Suikoden II.
Wish I had kept my save data from the first game but oh well, here goes.

I'm glad I decided to go for a Vita 2000, a PSTV and a N3DSXL instead of a PS4 a few months back.
I have a PS4 but I have to agree. Feels like my PS4 sees a bit of use whenever something AAA drops, to be played for a few days or so only. My Vita and N3DS are always on fire.

Top Bottom