• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Shizuka

I was going to get a PS4(with an extra controller and some games) but I decided to get a Vita 2000, New 3DSXL, and a GTX 970 instead.

Zero regrets.

tumblr_inline_ncz35hS9r81t15dj0.gif

autoduelist

I love my ps4. I play my vita more, sure, but I'm very glad I'm replaying The Last of Us right now and reliving how amazing it was the first time.

Oh, and Bloodborne, obviously. Being able to play BB on release was important. I have enough other games I want to play to fill up my time till Uncharted releases (far cry 4, dragon age, metro redux, nfs rivals, etc). Heck, if I actually had free time TLOU MP would take up all of it.

nampad

My charging cable for my Vita 1000 is broken. Anyone knows if the third party ones work well? I think I read people complaining about some here. Looking for some recommendation.

Buying a cable from Sony for 20 Euros seems silly though and it is just a fucking cable.

The proprietary charging cable sucks ;/

I find that I have my PS4 only to remote play on my Vita. When I buy a Wii U (with Xenoblade X) I bet I'm only gonna be playing on the pad too. I love being able to lie down and have a screen small enough to have right in front of me.

SerTapTap

I feel like the only person on the forum who despises my 3DSXL, I guess I shouldn't have got it having no interest in Monster Hunter or an uglified version of Xenoblade

I feel like the only person on the forum who despises my 3DSXL, I guess I shouldn't have got it having no interest in Monster Hunter or an uglified version of Xenoblade

People love it because of all the Nintendo + Atlus + Monster Hunter 4U.

It's my amazing Etrian Odyssey machine.

antibolo

Banned

*Raises hand*

I own a 3DS XL and hate its garbage display. I wanted to "upgrade" to a regular size New 3DS but of course NOA won't let me have it. So I basically stopped playing it altogether, because I'm too disgusted by NOA's incompetence.

antibolo

Banned
I hate Etrian Odyssey because they made zero effort to properly support left handed people. If a game requires me to use the stylus in my right hand because it assumes that my other hand needs to use the left side of the controls, it can go fuck off.

I don't understand why this sort of shit doesn't get more exposure on the Internet. It's totally unacceptable for me.

Tohsaka

I don't hate it, but I pretty much never use it anymore. I'd love to play DQVII but SE doesn't seem to want to localize it. The next time I touch the system will be for Senran Kagura 2, probably.

Shizuka

I love my n3DS because it plays Xenoblade. That's all I need :3

I have a Wii copy of Xenoblade and a Wii U. I've played the game up until half of the game, but I dropped it because I was tired of it.

Since I'm getting a N3DSXL and a copy of Xenoblade 3D, I'm hoping I'll be able to at least finish the game this time around.

Guys, best headphones for Vita and PC (or in general)?
I want something to block all outside noise and I want them unhealthy loud.

I have a Wii copy of Xenoblade and a Wii U. I've played the game up until half of the game, but I dropped it because I was tired of it.

Since I'm getting a N3DSXL and a copy of Xenoblade 3D, I'm hoping I'll be able to at least finish the game this time around.
The game just has a handheld feel to it. The fast traveling, everything about it screams portability to me, I'm loving it. I bet I wouldn't play it as far as I have (50+hrs so far, still not done) if it was on a console.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Parts of Xenoblade actually look better on the 3DS. Most of the cutscenes for example have a very nice depth effect. They also actually UPPED the framerate in some places.

Takao

Banned
My charging cable for my Vita 1000 is broken. Anyone knows if the third party ones work well? I think I read people complaining about some here. Looking for some recommendation.

Buying a cable from Sony for 20 Euros seems silly though and it is just a fucking cable.

The proprietary charging cable sucks ;/

I bought some from Monoprice in the fall and they've held up fine.

Zhao_Yun

I only own a 3DSXL because I felt it was necessary to be able to play part of its library. Other than that it's the least favorite handheld I've ever owned.

Guys, best headphones for Vita and PC (or in general)?
I want something to block all outside noise and I want them unhealthy loud.

Gold or Silver Headset. I have the previous Pulse wired ones, and when on maximum, you're not hearing anything else than the game

I love DRPGs, but I can't get far in any Etrian Odyssey game. I have all of them (except for Etrian Mystery Dungeon), yet I can't really play them.

you're breaking my heart, Shizu

what don't you like about them? and yeah I'm not the biggest Etrian Mystery Dungeon fan so I can't recommend it that much. EO is just so good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meh, the US immediately before and after the IGC's announcement was the best. Top flight PS1 games, a whole ton of newish PS3 games.

The Vita introduction was good as well if you hadn't bought any first party titles. Suddenly you had pretty much all of them! Plus VLR a few months later. Plenty of people I know who like Plus pretty much just have those games and only bought P4G.

I have an OG 3DS, I like the way the screen looks more than the XL. I don't hate any console I own though. Well, mixed feelings about my original Wii.

quabba

I love my n3ds despite its horrible res display and horrible sticks and ergonomics.

Man I really wish we got hardware like the vita

Shizuka

you're breaking my heart, Shizu

what don't you like about them? and yeah I'm not the biggest Etrian Mystery Dungeon fan so I can't recommend it that much. EO is just so good.

My beef with the games is the exploration. While it's the appeal of the series for most people, it's just way too open for me. I appreciate it for what it is and I've enjoyed what I played from EO IV, but the mapping gimmick is just too much for me. I can't handle it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My beef with the games is the exploration. While it's the appeal of the series for most people, it's just way too open for me. I appreciate it for what it is and I've enjoyed what I played from EO IV, but the mapping gimmick is just too much for me. I can't handle it.

Four even has a babby mode that maps itself! You try turning that on?

It's even more friendly in EO Untold.

CrovaxPSO

I've only tried Untold and IV but I couldn't get into them either. Drawing in the map is cumbersome and everything feels slow, especially compared to Experience's games. Even Elminage feels like it's quicker.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Drawing the map is literally the best part, so if you don't like that you probably won't like EO. Or any dungeon crawler from the 80's or 90's.

I've only tried Untold and IV but I couldn't get into them either. Drawing in the map is cumbersome and everything feels slow, especially compared to Experience's games. Even Elminage feels like it's quicker.

That's interesting to hear, something that many EO fans say is that the combat is fast as hell, while the exploring is more slow but it's part of what makes it so immersive, it's also that way so you can draw the map as you go.

in Experience games you go at the speed of fucking light lol.

way to open? you're usually exploring a single floor, and the mapping the literally the best part.

You used to be cool Shizu, now.... now you're dead to me, as dead as my Vita(I need to charge it and start my Ys Seven replay).

Shizuka

That's me and quite a few people I've met as well. Vagabondarts said that he felt the same way on another topic, it'd seem that there are two kinds of DRPG fans, even if they're not exclusive.

Shizuka

way to open? you're usually exploring a single floor, and the mapping the literally the best part.

You used to be cool Shizu, now.... now you're dead to me, as dead as my Vita(I need to charge it and start my Ys Seven replay).

anime-confused-gif.gif

For you, I'll try to start EOU and see if it clicks.

anime-confused-gif.gif

For you, I'll try to start EOU and see if it clicks.

You can set the game to auto map in EO:U(it does walls and tiles for you, but you still have to put doors, arrows for shortcuts, and whatever you want), you can also "fast travel", so maybe you'll like it more?

But play Classic, no Story crap.
Also, it's okay if you don't like them lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Story mode is kind of hilarious though. It does get rid of the second most important part in EO though, making your own crew to dive into the abyss.

antibolo

Banned
I really don't understand the appeal of manual map drawing in EO. Like, at all.

But as I previously said maybe I would enjoy it if the game had proper left-handed controls. But as it is, nope. It only makes the game super cumbersome for me. Having to stop every few steps to draw because I can't draw while simultaneously using the D-pad is frustrating and quite frankly pretty insulting. We're in fucking 2015 and they still haven't realized that left-handed people exist? Fuck you Atlus.

Shizuka

You can set the game to auto map in EO:U(it does walls and tiles for you, but you still have to put doors, arrows for shortcuts, and whatever you want), you can also "fast travel", so maybe you'll like it more?

But play Classic, no Story crap.
Also, it's okay if you don't like them lol.

I have all of them. All the three DS games and two of the 3DS games. It's a matter of honor now, I need to finish at least one of them.

I really don't understand the appeal of manual map drawing in EO. Like, at all.

The appeal is that it feels rewarding, when you finish a difficult floor and see it all mapped out, it's just the best. It also gives me a sense of adventure and discovery that is just unmatched, I love it so much even if it's kind of a chore at times.

Also it's one of the best uses of the bottom DS/3DS screen ever.

I have all of them. All the three DS games and two of the 3DS games. It's a matter of honor now, I need to finish at least one of them.

3 is the best game, but by what you've said, just play Untold. Classic/Expert is the way to go btw. (Expert is really similar difficulty wise to the first EO, normal is easy and picnic is a joke).

Drawing the map is literally the best part, so if you don't like that you probably won't like EO. Or any dungeon crawler from the 80's or 90's.
This right here ^ I love this in EO games. Persona Q had it too, andit just made exploration so much fun. In the other Persona games, because the dungeons were randomized all I wamted was to find the next set of stairs and move on. In these games I try my best to complete the map for all of the floors.

antibolo

Banned
The appeal is that it feels rewarding, when you finish a difficult floor and see it all mapped out, it's just the best.

How is it any different than when the game automatically fills it up? That's what I don't understand.

Also you completely ignored my second paragraph.

How is it any different than when the game automatically fills it up? That's what I don't understand.

Also you completely ignored my second paragraph.

I'm not a left-handed, I don't know what to say. I have friends that are left-handed and they haven't told me about any issues, but I don't know how bad it is for you.

There's a difference between doing something yourself and feeling awesome for doing it, and the game just doing it for you, if you don't like it or understand it's fine.

Is it bad that I've never played EO?

I love the series, but it's not for everyone. I'd say to give it a try if you have a 3DS. EO4 is a great starting point and it's on sale once every 1-2 months.

Top Bottom